Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    mtbr member
    I completely disagree....29ers undoubtedly kick the ass of 26" in every way.

Opps....sorry about that, I was beating the wrong dead horse.

Carry on with your doooshbaggery OP.

AZ
    banned
    I'm still baffled by the cyclist on cyclist hate. Don't we have enough problems, now we go after brothers and sisters? I have said it before, ride more, hate less.

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by BIGABIGD View Post
    To all of you clowns giving me neg rep, you obviously don't appreciate the entertainment value of this thread... Please have a Budweiser on me.
    Definition of troll. And don't get me wrong, I love a good troll, but your kung fu is weak. Also, I wouldn't drink pissweiser for love or money.

ONE speed under God.
    Jul 2012
    So doesn't anyone want to give me some rep for making a thread that brings out the best in all of you? After all, isn't this better than talking about the merits of 29er vs 26er or some other boring parts conversation?
    Nashbar SS 29er
    K2 FS Attack
    Cannondale R600

ONE speed under God.
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by rebel1916 View Post
    Definition of troll. And don't get me wrong, I love a good troll, but your kung fu is weak. Also, I wouldn't drink pissweiser for love or money.
    Well Rebel, that pissweiser is not so bad with a bottle of Mr. Daniels next to it.
    Nashbar SS 29er
    K2 FS Attack
    Cannondale R600

AZ
    banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BIGABIGD View Post
    So doesn't anyone want to give me some rep for making a thread that brings out the best in all of you? After all, isn't this better than talking about the merits of 29er vs 26er or some other boring parts conversation?

Respectfully. IMHO. You are trying too hard. Try being a bit more subtle. The most successful troll threads are cloaked so masterfully that the reader has to stop, think about it and wonder if it is actually a troll or the OP is truly a Moreon. One very good example would be the "Map of the whole forest" thread.

Peace. AZ.

ONE speed under God.
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ.MTNS View Post
    Respectfully. IMHO. You are trying too hard. Try being a bit more subtle. The most successful troll threads are cloaked so masterfully that the reader has to stop, think about it and wonder if it is actually a troll or the OP is truly a Moreon. One very good example would be the "Map of the whole forest" thread.

Peace. AZ.
    I never thought for a moment that I am a master... I am just trying to deliver some marginal entertainment on a rainy Sat. night.

I just hope i have some rep left at the end of the night. (sob).
    Nashbar SS 29er
    K2 FS Attack
    Cannondale R600

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Roadies are part of the government's plan to sterilize all child bearing women and turn the men into labor working zombies. Every year roadies have a secret meeting 4 miles underground in the Nevada desert to discuss how they're going to make the world a worse place. They are working with Walmart, Monsanto, the FBI, DEA, ATF and space aliens.

In the late 70's, roadies created the AIDS virus in a plot to rid the world of gays and blacks. Evidence has been leaked that they were part of the 9/11 attacks.

So yes. Roadies are a-holes. You keep working on that, and I'm going for a ride, pretending that the acceptance of roadies doesn't matter to me. Because, like you, BIGABIGD, I really want roadies to like me.

But I know better. Thank God you posted this thread.

mtbr member
    Good grief....
    I'm a roadie as well as a MTBer. I've come across many great roadies - I certainly wouldn't say that they are all a-holes. Sure, a few may have the attitude, but not all. Seems more like a stereotype to me.
    AZ.MTNS is right.
    "Be prepared, not scared"
    ~Cody Lundin

"What is stronger, fear or hope?"
    ~Lance Armstrong

Formerly mtbnoobadam
    Seriously?! Another rodies are @ssholes thread?!

Formerly mtbnoobadam
    and just because I think this video is funny...
    Last edited by Adam_B.; 08-18-2012 at 08:09 PM.

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    ^^^ that is hilarious, pos rep fo u seriously

:edit-- sorry says I gotta spread it before I give it again

ONE speed under God.
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Dion View Post
    Roadies are part of the government's plan to sterilize all child bearing women and turn the men into labor working zombies. Every year roadies have a secret meeting 4 miles underground in the Nevada desert to discuss how they're going to make the world a worse place. They are working with Walmart, Monsanto, the FBI, DEA, ATF and space aliens.

In the late 70's, roadies created the AIDS virus in a plot to rid the world of gays and blacks. Evidence has been leaked that they were part of the 9/11 attacks.

So yes. Roadies are a-holes. You keep working on that, and I'm going for a ride, pretending that the acceptance of roadies doesn't matter to me. Because, like you, BIGABIGD, I really want roadies to like me.

But I know better. Thank God you posted this thread.
    ^ Damn... I knew it.
    Nashbar SS 29er
    K2 FS Attack
    Cannondale R600

ONE speed under God.
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbnoobadam View Post
    Seriously?! Another rodies are @ssholes thread?!
    While it may be evident and known to you that this is another roadies are a-holes thread, I am fairly new on this site and was not aware of this fact.

I also used several of the woefully inadequate search tools that are available, and alas, no luck in locating any "roadies are a-hole" threads. I sincerely apologize that I've beaten a dead horse here... However, no one made you read my thread or forced you post on it.
    Nashbar SS 29er
    K2 FS Attack
    Cannondale R600

mtbr member
    .. Please have a Budweiser on me.
    Buttwiper is what a Roadie would drink. Everybody knows we only drink IPA.........phffft

Sent using BOTH my thumbs

ONE speed under God.
    Jul 2012

Cool-blue Rhythm

Quote Originally Posted by knoob View Post
    Buttwiper is what a Roadie would drink. Everybody knows we only drink IPA.........phffft

I can drink anything I want --- even Buttweiper, because my major cool ride comes equipped with a bottle opener on the rear wheel... I just may be as cool as a roadie.
    Nashbar SS 29er
    K2 FS Attack
    Cannondale R600

mtbr member
    Just remember to come to a complete stop before using it.

mtbr member
    I'm a roadie. I don't think I am. I often stop and ask those who I think needs help.

I'm thinking some roadies don't stop, because they are training and trying to accomplish a goal, maybe for a tri, race, or even Strava.
    - Ed

2012 Trek Madone 6.7 SSL
    2013 Specialized Tricross Comp Disc
    2011 Trek Top Fuel 9.9 SSL
    2012 Salsa Mukluk 2

banned
    Mar 2004
    IPA sucks. Real MTBers drink stout and lagers....b1tchez!!! :-D

Bandit 29 FTW!!!
    My 16yr old son was doing a swim/bike race a couple of months ago. We entered him in the fat tire division and I let him ride my Niner EMD. Long story short, he was grinding away on a long stretch of road when a "roadie", also in the race came up from behind and said "stupid fat tire guys can never get sh** right". He later caught up to her on the tallest climb of the race and said "I guess I'm doing something right". Never to be caught again by this roadie.

I think THEY can be elite-st although I do know some guys who are the salt of the earth.
    Let's make like a Bike and get the Huck outta here...

Diggity Dog

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    I've got nothing against roadies. Except one . And thats how they think they rule the road. I think we all agree. When one is driving, to stay in ones lane. The roadies I'm mentioning don't have a clue.

Not only are you too stupid to be subtle, you've tried it before.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tone's View Post
    Id scrap the passion forum all together, its a breeding ground for unicorn milkers, rainbow chasers and candy cotton farters.

mtbr member
    Everyone's a jerk sometimes
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Are most roadies Awholes?-imageuploadedbytapatalk1345363333.795263.jpg  

Last edited by sfgiantsfan; 08-19-2012 at 02:10 AM.
    I'm sick of all the Irish stereotypes, as soon as I finish this beer I"m punching someone

ONE speed under God.
    Jul 2012
    Well this troll thread was an experiment and my first and only troll thread I will ever do. Fortunately I escaped losing only about 25 rep points.

I did not learn anything new...just confirmation that some roadies are aholes just like some mtbr members are aholes... And you anonymous neg reppers are typical of the small percent of Aholes on here who give net rep just because they disagree with you.
    Nashbar SS 29er
    K2 FS Attack
    Cannondale R600

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast