Results 1 to 48 of 48

Thread: locked threads

  1. #1
    GAME ON!
    Reputation: saturnine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    4,968

    locked threads

    is it a goal, or just an inevitability?
    RIP Adam Yauch

    "M.C. for what I AM and do, the A is for Adam and the lyrics; true"

  2. #2
    Team NFI
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    5,288
    It's a state of mind,

    <iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/MY9O_Wr3rpE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

  3. #3
    humber river advocate
    Reputation: singlesprocket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    6,313
    Quote Originally Posted by Enduramil View Post
    It's a state of mind,
    it's a state all right

    <iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/MZurPX0olqE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    broadcasting from
    "the vinyl basement"

    build trail!

  4. #4
    sock puppet
    Reputation: osokolo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    8,047

    probably all of the above...

    Quote Originally Posted by saturnine View Post
    is it a goal, or just an inevitability?
    the sad part is that the community is losing on some good discussions...

    what can we do to prevent this from happening - is the question du jour...

    is it the ignore list?

    is it the "no responding" attitude?

    let's see how long this thread floats, before it eats a torpedo...

  5. #5
    GAME ON!
    Reputation: saturnine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    4,968
    every thread devolves into petty bickering about the same stuff every time. it seems that certain people go out of their way to argue about the same nonsense. i'm going to start playing the "in before thread lock" game. i almost made it the last thread.
    RIP Adam Yauch

    "M.C. for what I AM and do, the A is for Adam and the lyrics; true"

  6. #6
    humber river advocate
    Reputation: singlesprocket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    6,313
    Quote Originally Posted by saturnine View Post
    every thread devolves into petty bickering about the same stuff every time. it seems that certain people go out of their way to argue about the same nonsense. i'm going to start playing the "in before thread lock" game. i almost made it the last thread.
    everyone is entitled to a point of view and it is important to have a dialogue about issues related to the entire mountain bike community in eastern canada. that some issues come up again and again means that those issues are unresolved. in management that's a redflag to take action on these issues truthfully. not to stifle, lie, belittle, ridicule, etc...
    a more balanced approach needs to be taken. not a totalitarian one...
    broadcasting from
    "the vinyl basement"

    build trail!

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation: ray.vermette's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    359
    Quote Originally Posted by osokolo View Post
    ...let's see how long this thread floats, before it eats a torpedo...


    Torpedo kitteh is locked on target - Cheezburger.com

  8. #8
    Evil Jr.
    Reputation: garage monster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    6,859
    Quote Originally Posted by saturnine View Post
    every thread devolves into petty bickering about the same stuff every time. it seems that certain people go out of their way to argue about the same nonsense. i'm going to start playing the "in before thread lock" game. i almost made it the last thread.
    Please enjoy seeing this terrible collection of me - something wonderful is about to happy.

  9. #9
    sock puppet
    Reputation: osokolo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    8,047

    these days, the only way to post in any given thread

    is to start your own one...

    congratulations.

    now open you mouth as wide as you can, so that different point of views can be stuffed down your throat, and again... and again.... and again....

    Quote Originally Posted by saturnine View Post
    every thread devolves into petty bickering about the same stuff every time. it seems that certain people go out of their way to argue about the same nonsense. i'm going to start playing the "in before thread lock" game. i almost made it the last thread.

  10. #10
    namagomi
    Reputation: electrik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    2,884
    Quote Originally Posted by saturnine View Post
    is it a goal, or just an inevitability?
    Is there something you really wanted to post to those people anyways... I mean, just take a look.

  11. #11
    Misfit Psycles
    Reputation: nogearshere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    2,772
    nothing to see here.
    Expert of the Internet.
    BECAUSE I SAID SO

  12. #12
    No. Just No.
    Reputation: Circlip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    5,140
    Quote Originally Posted by nogearshere View Post
    nothing to see here.
    Cameo appearance. Ha ha!

    I'll mark my calendar for Mar 13/2013 for your next post.

  13. #13
    sock puppet
    Reputation: osokolo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    8,047
    I'll be damned...
    the Lord is back. I think.

  14. #14
    Evil Jr.
    Reputation: garage monster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    6,859
    Quote Originally Posted by nogearshere View Post
    nothing to see here.
    Please enjoy seeing this terrible collection of me - something wonderful is about to happy.

  15. #15
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Crash&bern's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    277
    This forum needs a locksmith
    Ride a Santa Cruz heckler
    And many part bikes : )
    " Team Van Go"

  16. #16
    Misfit Psycles
    Reputation: nogearshere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    2,772
    i suspect that come 03/13 this;
    some issues come up again and again means that those issues are unresolved.
    will still be ample excuse for mindless repetition and self indulgence.

    guys (girls) there are cats with freaking lazer eyes and lady nipples elsewhere on the internet...pffft...
    Expert of the Internet.
    BECAUSE I SAID SO

  17. #17
    namagomi
    Reputation: electrik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    2,884
    Quote Originally Posted by nogearshere View Post

    will still be ample excuse for mindless repetition and self indulgence.
    Slow down there egghead.

  18. #18
    sock puppet
    Reputation: osokolo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    8,047
    torpedo loaded. target locked. 10...9...8...

  19. #19
    humber river advocate
    Reputation: singlesprocket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    6,313
    Quote Originally Posted by nogearshere View Post
    mindless repetition and self indulgence....
    you mean this thread? lol

    Ask Uncle Oggie
    broadcasting from
    "the vinyl basement"

    build trail!

  20. #20
    mtbr member
    Reputation: akura's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    277
    Does it have anything to do with certain people starting every post with "Actually" and telling people they're wrong about EVERYTHING which, in most cases, the subject is a matter of opinion?

  21. #21
    GAME ON!
    Reputation: saturnine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    4,968
    Quote Originally Posted by akura View Post
    Does it have anything to do with certain people starting every post with "Actually" and telling people they're wrong about EVERYTHING which, in most cases, the subject is a matter of opinion?
    actually, no.
    RIP Adam Yauch

    "M.C. for what I AM and do, the A is for Adam and the lyrics; true"

  22. #22
    Misfit Psycles
    Reputation: nogearshere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    2,772
    people...
    this;

    locked threads-troll101.jpg

    or
    this;

    Name:  lazertits.jpg
Views: 553
Size:  102.7 KB
    Expert of the Internet.
    BECAUSE I SAID SO

  23. #23
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Crash&bern's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    277
    I'm going to risk ridicule from my peers & change the topic of this thread ( like that's never happened here : ) just for a second.
    Hey there's a " sausage suit individual time trial " this summer in Mansfield It's a FUN race Because mountain biking is supposed to be FUN. Remember ?? That's why we do it.
    Ok , go back to fighting , this thread will be closed soon enough.
    Ride a Santa Cruz heckler
    And many part bikes : )
    " Team Van Go"

  24. #24
    mtbr member
    Reputation: trailtrash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,215
    now we're getting somewhere

  25. #25
    mtbr member
    Reputation: ray.vermette's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    359


    The gang is all here.

  26. #26
    sock puppet
    Reputation: osokolo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    8,047

    a small step for a mankind

    but a huge leap for this forum.

    the diagnosis has been delivered...



    Quote Originally Posted by trailtrash View Post
    now we're getting somewhere

  27. #27
    Misfit Psycles
    Reputation: nogearshere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    2,772
    what happens all the weird numbers by my name if i post a picture of poo?

    assuming it's a good one of course?
    if these numbers turn red or blue do the cubes change shapes or animate themselves?
    is it possible to export my stats to a CV format?
    if i am powerful in the east will my abilities allow me to heal lesser posters in other regions?
    when i masturbate while logged in do puppies still die?

    for now. that is all.
    we're making a garden.
    Expert of the Internet.
    BECAUSE I SAID SO

  28. #28
    No. Just No.
    Reputation: Circlip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    5,140
    For all questions below taken together I come up with grand totals of;

    Yes = 3
    No = 2
    Please don't gratify yourself while simultaneously reading this thread = 1

    Quote Originally Posted by nogearshere View Post
    what happens all the weird numbers by my name if i post a picture of poo?

    assuming it's a good one of course?
    if these numbers turn red or blue do the cubes change shapes or animate themselves?
    is it possible to export my stats to a CV format?
    if i am powerful in the east will my abilities allow me to heal lesser posters in other regions?
    when i masturbate while logged in do puppies still die?

    for now. that is all.
    we're making a garden.

  29. #29
    namagomi
    Reputation: electrik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    2,884
    Quote Originally Posted by nogearshere View Post
    people...
    this;

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Troll101.jpg 
Views:	319 
Size:	100.7 KB 
ID:	681200

    or
    this;

    Name:  lazertits.jpg
Views: 553
Size:  102.7 KB
    Speaking of somebody who is mindless and posts repetitive crap...

  30. #30
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,764
    This sucker is only at two pages. Somewhere after it hits three pages someone will post something that tips the scales into the locked zone.

  31. #31
    namagomi
    Reputation: electrik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    2,884
    Quote Originally Posted by singlesprocket View Post
    everyone is entitled to a point of view and it is important to have a dialogue about issues related to the entire mountain bike community in eastern canada. that some issues come up again and again means that those issues are unresolved. in management that's a redflag to take action on these issues truthfully. not to stifle, lie, belittle, ridicule, etc...
    a more balanced approach needs to be taken. not a totalitarian one...
    More communication means more confrontation.

    Quote Originally Posted by shirk View Post
    This sucker is only at two pages. Somewhere after it hits three pages someone will post something that tips the scales into the locked zone.
    You can see how various people deal with it.

  32. #32
    sock puppet
    Reputation: osokolo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    8,047

    i believe

    you must relax and take more balanced approach. totalitarianism will not yield any good and may and will earn you some negative rep. not to mention that you will miss on some great sap collection pics...

    in this case - ignorance is a bliss, that is: ignoring crap - will go a long way.


    Quote Originally Posted by shirk View Post
    This sucker is only at two pages. Somewhere after it hits three pages someone will post something that tips the scales into the locked zone.

  33. #33
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    2,818
    Speaking of ignoring stuff, I'm really liking the ignore list feature. Enduramil is right. Now if only the forum software could ignore the text posted by an ignore person when someone else quotes it...

  34. #34
    mtbr member
    Reputation: veteran_youth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    767
    I vote for a "Same Old Argument" thread where Circlip can merge any posts or threads that degrade into the same old argument. It would probably get to several hundred pages and be unreadable after the first three.

  35. #35
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Crash&bern's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    277
    Why don't all you crusty buggers settle your differences on the trail.
    Every thread turns into little hissy fits. It's embarrassing to think what other regions reading eastern Canada posts thinks of us riders
    Keep riding till only one is left standing , let natural selection decide.
    Ride a Santa Cruz heckler
    And many part bikes : )
    " Team Van Go"

  36. #36
    namagomi
    Reputation: electrik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    2,884
    Quote Originally Posted by Crash&bern View Post
    Why don't all you crusty buggers settle your differences on the trail.
    Every thread turns into little hissy fits. It's embarrassing to think what other regions reading eastern Canada posts thinks of us riders
    Keep riding till only one is left standing , let natural selection decide.
    Have you been to the other local forums?

  37. #37
    mtbr member
    Reputation: ray.vermette's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    359
    Quote Originally Posted by Crash&bern View Post
    It's embarrassing to think what other regions reading eastern Canada posts thinks of us riders
    Take it one step further -> It's embarrassing to think what other regions within Eastern Canada think of this. There are 5 other provinces in this forum, but you wouldn't be able to tell based on the posts.
    Last edited by ray.vermette; 03-15-2012 at 04:42 AM.

  38. #38
    sock puppet
    Reputation: osokolo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    8,047

    went to a few other forums

    just to observe some carnage that someone we know managed to create, trying to educate poor fools......

    i guess it is not just this forum that should feel privileged...



    http://forums.mtbr.com/passion/how-m...st9097794.html

    http://forums.mtbr.com/bike-frame-di...st8864363.html


    ah this one is a real gem... warranted ultralord's involvement...

    http://forums.mtbr.com/all-mountain/...st8908786.html

    Quote Originally Posted by electrik View Post
    Have you been to the other local forums?
    Last edited by osokolo; 03-14-2012 at 08:29 PM.

  39. #39
    humber river advocate
    Reputation: singlesprocket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    6,313
    Quote Originally Posted by ray.vermette View Post
    Take it one step further -> It's embarrassing to think what other regions within Eastern Canada think of this. There are 5 other provinces in this forum, but you wouldn't know it.
    i know, i post up what i can, check out my quebec and arctic watershed threads
    broadcasting from
    "the vinyl basement"

    build trail!

  40. #40
    namagomi
    Reputation: electrik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    2,884
    Quote Originally Posted by ray.vermette View Post
    Take it one step further -> It's embarrassing to think what other regions within Eastern Canada think of this. There are 5 other provinces in this forum, but you wouldn't be able to tell based on the posts.
    If the embarrassment is too much for you then you should quit communicating. Like I wrote before, more communication is going to mean more confrontation.

    Besides, you've written your fair share of complaints haven't ya! (still at it I see)

  41. #41
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Crash&bern's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    277
    Quote Originally Posted by electrik View Post
    If the embarrassment is too much for you then you should quit communicating. Like I wrote before, more communication is going to mean more confrontation.

    Besides, you've written your fair share of complaints haven't ya! (still at it I see)
    If you were to go back and review most of my posts , you'll see that the majority of " my complaints " are the fact that no one seems to get along.
    Am I wrong on this point ??
    How many posts have I mentioned
    " that everyone needs to lighten up ?
    I'm on this forum because mountain biking is my passion and I assumed it was for others on this site as well.
    Anyone who wants to respond to this post , please use this following quote

    "I (fill in your name ) am right , crash& bern is wrong".

    There , happy ? I'm off to do trail maintenance for a weekend ride.
    Have a good season everybody !!!
    Cheers,
    Bern
    Ride a Santa Cruz heckler
    And many part bikes : )
    " Team Van Go"

  42. #42
    namagomi
    Reputation: electrik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    2,884
    Quote Originally Posted by Crash&bern View Post
    If you were to go back and review most of my posts , you'll see that the majority of " my complaints " are the fact that no one seems to get along.
    Am I wrong on this point ??
    How many posts have I mentioned
    " that everyone needs to lighten up ?
    I'm on this forum because mountain biking is my passion and I assumed it was for others on this site as well.
    Anyone who wants to respond to this post , please use this following quote

    "I (fill in your name ) am right , crash& bern is wrong".

    There , happy ? I'm off to do trail maintenance for a weekend ride.
    Have a good season everybody !!!
    Cheers,
    Bern
    Hah, well happy trails and unless ray is your alter-e-ego you don't need to worry about those particular comments.

    People here have lots of mtb passion, hence the vigorous discussion(s)!

  43. #43
    mtbr member
    Reputation: ray.vermette's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    359
    I wasn't complaining, just agreeing with an observation C&B made.... you know, trying to bridge the gap, find common ground, mend bridges, etc....

    Congrats on offending C&B. He had your back before. And now? Not so sure....

    I may not agree with SS and C&B on many things, but I have to give them credit, they make an effort to keep the conversation civil and they try to argue their points without resorting to juvenile taunts. You: not so much.

    I'm not going to quit communicating, but I am going to stop conversing with you. It's like that old saying about wrestling with a pig in the mud.... You know the one I'm referring to.

    For now, I think I'll follow C&B's lead and go for a ride. Happy trails. And congratulations:


  44. #44
    namagomi
    Reputation: electrik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    2,884
    Quote Originally Posted by ray.vermette View Post
    I wasn't complaining, just agreeing with an observation C&B made.... you know, trying to bridge the gap, find common ground, mend bridges, etc....

    Congrats on offending C&B. He had your back before. And now? Not so sure....

    I may not agree with SS and C&B on many things, but I have to give them credit, they make an effort to keep the conversation civil and they try to argue their points without resorting to juvenile taunts. You: not so much.

    I'm not going to quit communicating, but I am going to stop conversing with you. It's like that old saying about wrestling with a pig in the mud.... You know the one I'm referring to.

    For now, I think I'll follow C&B's lead and go for a ride. Happy trails. And congratulations:

    Boy Ray, you just can't seem to stop trying to get in the last word and reproach others for voicing their view.

    You've got pouting down pat I must say and what exactly are you soo upset about? People complaining about Albion hills? People who have ideas other than yours who aren't won over by some pouting? Your idea that you can communicate with other people by ceasing to converse only implies one thing.

    Look, here is some stupid meme about you too.

    See ya on the trails. I'll be sure to bring some Kleenex, just in case you break down.

  45. #45
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,764
    I retract my previous statement, this thread might just get locked before it hits three pages.

  46. #46
    Evil Jr.
    Reputation: garage monster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    6,859
    Quote Originally Posted by electrik View Post
    See ya on the trails. I'll be sure to bring some Kleenex, just in case you break down.
    Ooh, well played.

    Please enjoy seeing this terrible collection of me - something wonderful is about to happy.

  47. #47
    No. Just No.
    Reputation: Circlip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    5,140
    Sometimes I have difficulty believing that people are serious when they ask me why I lock certain threads.

    Torpedo Kitteh FTW BTW

  48. #48
    namagomi
    Reputation: electrik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    2,884
    Quote Originally Posted by garage monster View Post
    Ooh, well played.
    Is that a complaint or "just an observation" ...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •