Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    sock puppet

lock me please thread (just kidding)

well, it's been a while and this forum had not had a thread locked. i call it travesty. have we become softer? or is this who we are really? it may be just for a lack of effort. or not.

so here we go. in an effort to bring this forum the old glory and rekindle the famous eastern canada debate - i declare clipless pedals an absolute all around winner, for obvious reasons.

in the same spirit, i must admit that 26" wheels suck and the only way to go is 29".

boxer briefs are the only obvious winning choice for real men and brazilian wax for women. and Arek.

wearing lapdogs uniform reduces your belly. if that is not obvious - Barry will post his pictures before and after.

shirk can ride any DH course on his rigid fixie. full stop.

let's hear all yays and nays. biatches!

EDIT - the title was kinda eye sore, didn't want it to be misinterpreted... let's keep it light and fun.... that was the original intention...
    Last edited by osokolo; 11-29-2012 at 09:51 PM.

fresh fish in stock...... SuperModerator
    Circlip is gonna kick you in the nuts.....

* if this goes sideways you'll be the first to know *
    Visit these 2 places to help advance trail access:
    http://www.sharingthepct.org/
    http://www.facebook.com/SharingThePct

Lemmy Rules!
    Oggie, you really should not post on this forum after your third Shirley Temple
    Strava made me do it....

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    I also have to add that wide handlebars rule, especially wide carbon handlebars.
    To quote Geoff Kabush:
    Skinny Flat Bars, Bar Ends = Don't do it. So circa 1992.
    Riser Bars - Better, Faster... OK. Circa 1997.
    Wider Riser Bars - Best. Even Faster. XC circa 2009.
    Riser Bars with Bar Ends - Kind of like wearing panties under your shorts; defeats the purpose. That includes you, Hestler...

With regards to wheels. 29ers are for XC racers. I base this on the fact that every person I've ridden with who has a 29er does O-cup races, and several of them own sausage suits.

And finally, hardtails rule. Especially steel hardtails made from Italian tubing.

sock puppet
    Quote Originally Posted by Unglued View Post
    Oggie, you really should not post on this forum after your third Shirley Temple
    i don't consume cougars...

yet...
    Last edited by osokolo; 11-29-2012 at 08:46 PM.

I dd what you see there.
    hmm

So I should go for that 2012 Scalpel (26") and pass on ordering the 2013 29er version?
    2002 Cannondale Jekyll 800
    2011 Trek Cronus CX Ultimate

sock puppet
    Quote Originally Posted by CHUM View Post
    Circlip is gonna kick you in the nuts.....

* if this goes sideways you'll be the first to know *
    well, we survived the first check by the ultralord. despite popular belief, he appears to be a nice guy. sometimes.

i am convinced that he quickly realized how light hearted we all have become. in celebration of civilized (eastern) canadian spirit - re-born - this thread should bring us all together...

so c'mon - don't be shy... if it goes sideways - i pay anyway...

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by XLNC View Post
    So I should go for that 2012 Scalpel (26") and pass on ordering the 2013 29er version?
    No, you should wait for the 650B version to come out. Personally, I believe 650C is the sweet spot, but the manufacturers don't comprehend my genius and haven't figured it out yet.

sock puppet
    don't you have RM sponsorship?

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    No, I'm sponsored by BMC, but they think I'm high and don't really listen to me.

sock puppet
    Quote Originally Posted by aerius View Post
    No, I'm sponsored by BMC, but they think I'm high and don't really listen to me.
    i am really sorry to hear that...

I dd what you see there.
    I need someone to make up my mind, not give me more options.

sheep in FOX clothing
    Quote Originally Posted by osokolo View Post
    let's hear all yays and nays. biatches!
    Why the hell I am following you on Strava? You post no rides there.

sock puppet
    Quote Originally Posted by ghettocruiser View Post
    Why the hell I am following you on Strava? You post no rides there.
    hmm, very good question. it happens more than it does not - i take my garmin with me, even charge it the night before, and then i forget to turn it on...

i guess this strava thing did not really grow on me, but i will change... promise...

what about you? still riding?

i only receive updates from Barry - it seems that he is on a secret mission to win the SS Ocup next year. No memos yet, but i am sure they are forthcoming...

sock puppet
    can you please tell us more about yourself. like where you ride, what you eat, what you wear etc.

it will help us understand you and give you obviously correct suggestion. which is 29er of course.

kidding aside, for just a few moments - i think the new 29er Scalpel is hawt. do it! as long as you are comfortable with the lefty thing.... i am not for some reason...

mtbr member
    I now have a FS 29er and I don't race or own a sausage suit. I have abandoned my hardtail 26er and everyone that insists or riding these is to be considered behind the times and no longer progressive and deemed a throwback. I will continue to hold this position until 650 wheels are forever proclaimed to be the ultimate development in technology making everything before it obsolete and anyone that continues to ride or claim another wheel size suits their riding to be confused and misguided for there can only be one true way. I have six sets of pedals and three different bars that I change according to the riding partners so I will not be mocked or ridiculed. Sometimes they even match the riding conditions.
    All bikes are to have dropper sets (Trials bikes excluded); enough said.
    Not owning a fat bike will soon be seen as unthinkable. There will be a glut of fat bikes in the market in two years.
    Inserting a stick into a soft brown substance and stirring vigorously can be quite soothing.

sock puppet
    Quote Originally Posted by secret agent View Post
    I now have a FS 29er and I don't race or own a sausage suit. I have abandoned my hardtail 26er and everyone that insists or riding these is to be considered behind the times and no longer progressive and deemed a throwback. I will continue to hold this position until 650 wheels are forever proclaimed to be the ultimate development in technology making everything before it obsolete and anyone that continues to ride or claim another wheel size suits their riding to be confused and misguided for there can only be one true way. I have six sets of pedals and three different bars that I change according to the riding partners so I will not be mocked or ridiculed. Sometimes they even match the riding conditions.
    All bikes are to have dropper sets (Trials bikes excluded); enough said.
    Not owning a fat bike will soon be seen as unthinkable. There will be a glut of fat bikes in the market in two years.
    Inserting a stick into a soft brown substance and stirring vigorously can be quite soothing.
    thank you sir for your enlightening words of wisdom. your contribution is right on, including the stick work.

6 pairs of pedals? lemme see: shimanos, time, flat this, eggbeaters, flat that and???
    what's the sixth pair? you've put me in total suspense mode now.... please help me!!!

thank you very much.

mtbr member
    Look MTB and Speedplay

Evil Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by secret agent View Post
    I'm feeling more gauche by the minute...

At least a glut of fatbikes will steer us away from the glut of carbon 29er hardtails we're currently stuck in.

A fatbike revolution is just the thing we need in this "sport". I tire of electronic this and 6" that. Let's get back to (rolling over) our roots! Long, slow rides with silly grins! Huzzah!
    Please enjoy seeing this terrible collection of me - something wonderful is about to happy.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by garage monster View Post
    Let's get back to (rolling over) our roots! Long, slow rides with silly grins! Huzzah!
    And more beer and recreational drugs.
    I want to go back to the days when rides & races were half baked.

No Stranger to danger....
    Bloody Osokolo the brother of Robbie Pickton up to his old tricks again.....

Do you know that if you shave one leg you always feel like your getting into bed with a sexy woman even if your not...

On the subject of clips n flats, wearing one of each is a good medium, but make sure you match your shaven leg to your clipless, it just looks wrong the other way round.

And dont trust your daughters or mothers around Osokolo, ive warned you all.......
    Dont ever let the truth get in the way of a funny story....

I dd what you see there.
    can you please tell us more about yourself. like where you ride, what you eat, what you wear etc.
    I'm thinking of wearing a neon green mankini next summer to break the ennui of the sausage suit.

Let's get back to (rolling over) our roots! Long, slow rides with silly grins! Huzzah!
    Can we put hockey cards in our spokes too?

sheep in FOX clothing
    i guess this strava thing did not really grow on me, but i will change... promise...
    You're making it sound like you don't need compete internet documentation of your life to validate yourself both as a cyclist and as a human being in general.

And that's just crazy talk.

Yes, this is the time of the year when I notice I am just off-pace for some meaningless end-of-year riding milestone, and start ramping up the totals to achieve some flaky objective that by January 5th not even I will give a crap about.

But for the next month, this will result in me mindlessly logging dark, cold, damp, junk-miles that would have been far more productive and enjoyable back in the sunny days of June.

To that end, I just put the high-pressure slicks on my mountain bike last night, and it just had an random and sudden decompression of the back tire sitting next to my desk at the office.

God I hate tubes.

sheep in FOX clothing
    A fatbike revolution is just the thing we need in this "sport". I tire of electronic this and 6" that.
    I did test-ride a Moonlander Wednesday.

And.... well... uhhh... I'm gonna bite my tongue.

Least the revolution dispatch someone to silence me.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    shirk can ride any DH course on his rigid fixie. full stop.
    Uhh vintage kids 20" wheel Rockhopper. Gets your facts straight.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast