• 11-29-2012
    osokolo
    lock me please thread (just kidding)
    well, it's been a while and this forum had not had a thread locked. i call it travesty. have we become softer? or is this who we are really? it may be just for a lack of effort. or not.

    so here we go. in an effort to bring this forum the old glory and rekindle the famous eastern canada debate - i declare clipless pedals an absolute all around winner, for obvious reasons.

    in the same spirit, i must admit that 26" wheels suck and the only way to go is 29".

    boxer briefs are the only obvious winning choice for real men and brazilian wax for women. and Arek.

    wearing lapdogs uniform reduces your belly. if that is not obvious - Barry will post his pictures before and after.

    shirk can ride any DH course on his rigid fixie. full stop.

    let's hear all yays and nays. biatches!

    EDIT - the title was kinda eye sore, didn't want it to be misinterpreted... let's keep it light and fun.... that was the original intention...
  • 11-29-2012
    CHUM
    Circlip is gonna kick you in the nuts.....

    :lol:





    * if this goes sideways you'll be the first to know ;) *
  • 11-29-2012
    Unglued
    Oggie, you really should not post on this forum after your third Shirley Temple
  • 11-29-2012
    aerius
    I also have to add that wide handlebars rule, especially wide carbon handlebars.
    To quote Geoff Kabush:
    Skinny Flat Bars, Bar Ends = Don't do it. So circa 1992.
    Riser Bars - Better, Faster... OK. Circa 1997.
    Wider Riser Bars - Best. Even Faster. XC circa 2009.
    Riser Bars with Bar Ends - Kind of like wearing panties under your shorts; defeats the purpose. That includes you, Hestler...


    With regards to wheels. 29ers are for XC racers. I base this on the fact that every person I've ridden with who has a 29er does O-cup races, and several of them own sausage suits.

    And finally, hardtails rule. Especially steel hardtails made from Italian tubing.
  • 11-29-2012
    osokolo
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Unglued View Post
    Oggie, you really should not post on this forum after your third Shirley Temple

    i don't consume cougars...


    yet...
  • 11-29-2012
    XLNC
    hmm

    So I should go for that 2012 Scalpel (26") and pass on ordering the 2013 29er version?
  • 11-29-2012
    osokolo
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by CHUM View Post
    Circlip is gonna kick you in the nuts.....

    :lol:


    * if this goes sideways you'll be the first to know ;) *

    well, we survived the first check by the ultralord. despite popular belief, he appears to be a nice guy. sometimes.

    i am convinced that he quickly realized how light hearted we all have become. in celebration of civilized (eastern) canadian spirit - re-born - this thread should bring us all together...

    so c'mon - don't be shy... if it goes sideways - i pay anyway... :thumbsup:
  • 11-29-2012
    aerius
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by XLNC View Post
    So I should go for that 2012 Scalpel (26") and pass on ordering the 2013 29er version?

    No, you should wait for the 650B version to come out. Personally, I believe 650C is the sweet spot, but the manufacturers don't comprehend my genius and haven't figured it out yet.
  • 11-29-2012
    osokolo
    don't you have RM sponsorship?
  • 11-29-2012
    aerius
    No, I'm sponsored by BMC, but they think I'm high and don't really listen to me.
  • 11-29-2012
    osokolo
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by aerius View Post
    No, I'm sponsored by BMC, but they think I'm high and don't really listen to me.

    i am really sorry to hear that...
  • 11-30-2012
    XLNC
    I need someone to make up my mind, not give me more options. :madman:
  • 11-30-2012
    ghettocruiser
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by osokolo View Post
    let's hear all yays and nays. biatches!

    Why the hell I am following you on Strava? You post no rides there.
  • 11-30-2012
    osokolo
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by ghettocruiser View Post
    Why the hell I am following you on Strava? You post no rides there.

    hmm, very good question. it happens more than it does not - i take my garmin with me, even charge it the night before, and then i forget to turn it on... :madman:

    i guess this strava thing did not really grow on me, but i will change... promise...

    what about you? still riding?

    i only receive updates from Barry - it seems that he is on a secret mission to win the SS Ocup next year. No memos yet, but i am sure they are forthcoming...
  • 11-30-2012
    osokolo
    can you please tell us more about yourself. like where you ride, what you eat, what you wear etc.

    it will help us understand you and give you obviously correct suggestion. which is 29er of course.

    kidding aside, for just a few moments - i think the new 29er Scalpel is hawt. do it! as long as you are comfortable with the lefty thing.... i am not for some reason...
  • 11-30-2012
    secret agent
    I now have a FS 29er and I don't race or own a sausage suit. I have abandoned my hardtail 26er and everyone that insists or riding these is to be considered behind the times and no longer progressive and deemed a throwback. I will continue to hold this position until 650 wheels are forever proclaimed to be the ultimate development in technology making everything before it obsolete and anyone that continues to ride or claim another wheel size suits their riding to be confused and misguided for there can only be one true way. I have six sets of pedals and three different bars that I change according to the riding partners so I will not be mocked or ridiculed. Sometimes they even match the riding conditions.
    All bikes are to have dropper sets (Trials bikes excluded); enough said.
    Not owning a fat bike will soon be seen as unthinkable. There will be a glut of fat bikes in the market in two years.
    Inserting a stick into a soft brown substance and stirring vigorously can be quite soothing.
  • 11-30-2012
    osokolo
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by secret agent View Post
    I now have a FS 29er and I don't race or own a sausage suit. I have abandoned my hardtail 26er and everyone that insists or riding these is to be considered behind the times and no longer progressive and deemed a throwback. I will continue to hold this position until 650 wheels are forever proclaimed to be the ultimate development in technology making everything before it obsolete and anyone that continues to ride or claim another wheel size suits their riding to be confused and misguided for there can only be one true way. I have six sets of pedals and three different bars that I change according to the riding partners so I will not be mocked or ridiculed. Sometimes they even match the riding conditions.
    All bikes are to have dropper sets (Trials bikes excluded); enough said.
    Not owning a fat bike will soon be seen as unthinkable. There will be a glut of fat bikes in the market in two years.
    Inserting a stick into a soft brown substance and stirring vigorously can be quite soothing.

    thank you sir for your enlightening words of wisdom. your contribution is right on, including the stick work.

    6 pairs of pedals? lemme see: shimanos, time, flat this, eggbeaters, flat that and???
    what's the sixth pair? you've put me in total suspense mode now.... please help me!!!

    thank you very much.
    :thumbsup:
  • 11-30-2012
    secret agent
    Look MTB and Speedplay
  • 11-30-2012
    garage monster
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by secret agent View Post
    Not owning a fat bike will soon be seen as unthinkable. There will be a glut of fat bikes in the market in two years.

    I'm feeling more gauche by the minute... ;)

    At least a glut of fatbikes will steer us away from the glut of carbon 29er hardtails we're currently stuck in. :skep:

    A fatbike revolution is just the thing we need in this "sport". I tire of electronic this and 6" that. Let's get back to (rolling over) our roots! Long, slow rides with silly grins! Huzzah! :madmax:
  • 11-30-2012
    aerius
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by garage monster View Post
    Let's get back to (rolling over) our roots! Long, slow rides with silly grins! Huzzah! :madmax:

    And more beer and recreational drugs.
    I want to go back to the days when rides & races were half baked. :D
  • 11-30-2012
    Tone's
    Bloody Osokolo the brother of Robbie Pickton up to his old tricks again.....

    Do you know that if you shave one leg you always feel like your getting into bed with a sexy woman even if your not...

    On the subject of clips n flats, wearing one of each is a good medium, but make sure you match your shaven leg to your clipless, it just looks wrong the other way round.

    And dont trust your daughters or mothers around Osokolo, ive warned you all.......
  • 11-30-2012
    XLNC
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by osokolo View Post
    can you please tell us more about yourself. like where you ride, what you eat, what you wear etc.

    I'm thinking of wearing a neon green mankini next summer to break the ennui of the sausage suit.

    Quote:

    Originally Posted by garage monster View Post
    Let's get back to (rolling over) our roots! Long, slow rides with silly grins! Huzzah! :madmax:

    Can we put hockey cards in our spokes too?
  • 11-30-2012
    ghettocruiser
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by osokolo View Post
    i guess this strava thing did not really grow on me, but i will change... promise...

    You're making it sound like you don't need compete internet documentation of your life to validate yourself both as a cyclist and as a human being in general.

    And that's just crazy talk.


    Yes, this is the time of the year when I notice I am just off-pace for some meaningless end-of-year riding milestone, and start ramping up the totals to achieve some flaky objective that by January 5th not even I will give a crap about.

    But for the next month, this will result in me mindlessly logging dark, cold, damp, junk-miles that would have been far more productive and enjoyable back in the sunny days of June.

    To that end, I just put the high-pressure slicks on my mountain bike last night, and it just had an random and sudden decompression of the back tire sitting next to my desk at the office.

    God I hate tubes.
  • 11-30-2012
    ghettocruiser
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by garage monster View Post
    A fatbike revolution is just the thing we need in this "sport". I tire of electronic this and 6" that.

    I did test-ride a Moonlander Wednesday.

    And.... well... uhhh... I'm gonna bite my tongue.

    Least the revolution dispatch someone to silence me.
  • 11-30-2012
    shirk
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by osokolo View Post
    shirk can ride any DH course on his rigid fixie. full stop.

    Uhh vintage kids 20" wheel Rockhopper. Gets your facts straight.

  • 11-30-2012
    secret agent
    cockpit seems a little cramped. Maybe a longer stem will help.
  • 11-30-2012
    shirk
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by secret agent View Post
    cockpit seems a little cramped. Maybe a longer stem will help.

    Hard to find much longer high rise threaded stems.



    This is actually one of the most fun bikes I've owned in the last 10 years.
  • 11-30-2012
    14Stone
    Gonna dust this one off..

  • 11-30-2012
    Circlip
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by shirk View Post
    Uhh vintage kids 20" wheel Rockhopper. Gets your facts straight.

    Your number plate attachment/alingment skillz suck.

    Just sayin...

    Of course, I should give you the benefit of a doubt and assume that your weak number plate mojo may have been no fault of your own. It may well have been the result of substandard, non-regulation zip ties that you tried to get on the cheap but didn't hold up under load because they didn't meet IZTMA specifications.
  • 11-30-2012
    osokolo
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by secret agent View Post
    cockpit seems a little cramped. Maybe a longer stem will help.

    Longer stem?

    Now you are talking. I want one too. :)
  • 11-30-2012
    shirk
    Yep non regulation zip ties. That and the little kids bike takes a pounding on CBC when hitting all the jumps and cleaning all the tech lines.

    That pic is from the last long log ride to nasty rock face exit.

    Flats + motocross boots = added sketch. Good think I was plenty drunk for that "race".
  • 11-30-2012
    Unglued
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by osokolo View Post
    i only receive updates from Barry - it seems that he is on a secret mission to win the SS Ocup next year. No memos yet, but i am sure they are forthcoming...

    Nuh-uh, Oggie. I am so hopelessly behind the times that I just ordered a carbon fibre 29'er hardtail and will be racing with the rest of you gearies next year...
  • 11-30-2012
    osokolo
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Tone's View Post
    Bloody Osokolo the brother of Robbie Pickton up to his old tricks again.....

    Do you know that if you shave one leg you always feel like your getting into bed with a sexy woman even if your not...

    On the subject of clips n flats, wearing one of each is a good medium, but make sure you match your shaven leg to your clipless, it just looks wrong the other way round.

    And dont trust your daughters or mothers around Osokolo, ive warned you all.......

    You again?

    Wait until I post some weird kanga'roo riding, thong wearing hairy dude. That might look just like you.

    I see you have been influenced into reading eastern Canuckistan history. Seek your own truth brother. Trust noone. Praise the ultra lords.
  • 11-30-2012
    Circlip
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by shirk View Post
    Flats + motocross boots = added sketch. Good think I was plenty drunk for that "race".

    Sketch? There is no sketch there. This is sketch;

    <object width="853" height="480"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/bEGAIYKTZ9w?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/bEGAIYKTZ9w?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="853" height="480" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>
  • 11-30-2012
    osokolo
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Circlip View Post
    Sketch? There is no sketch there. This is sketch;

    holly cyclocross...

    that was nothing short of spectacular... look at that flight...

    glad he was ok.. :thumbsup:

    however, if he had clipless - he could have bunny hopped the obstacle. am i out of line here?
  • 11-30-2012
    shirk
    Did he get a rug burn from that nice soft grass?
  • 11-30-2012
    Circlip
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by shirk View Post
    Did he get a rug burn from that nice soft grass?

    Hang time for Shirk on so-called sketch TTF = zero

    Hang time for Joey = substantial

    Joey 1, Shirk 0.

    That is all.
  • 11-30-2012
    garage monster
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Circlip View Post
    Sketch? There is no sketch there. This is sketch;

    Get that man some moto boots!
  • 11-30-2012
    shirk
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Circlip View Post
    Hang time for Joey = substantial

    Seems Joey needs to work on hopping those silly little barriers.

    His landing could use some work.
  • 11-30-2012
    Circlip
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by shirk View Post
    Seems Joey needs to work on hopping those silly little barriers.

    His landing could use some work.

    You got this all backwards. Think about the gift Joey has given cyclists everywhere (over 700k views) compared to if he had cleared the barrier. I vote Joey for international cyclist of the year award, 2012.
  • 11-30-2012
    Circlip
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by osokolo View Post
    glad he was ok.. :thumbsup:

    One might guess that Joey's perspective on whether he was OK may have differed from the spectator's comment. ;)

    Quote:

    Originally Posted by osokolo View Post
    however, if he had clipless - he could have bunny hopped the obstacle. am i out of line here?

    That question is one for the ages, but I can say with reasonable confidence that trail running shoes would be preferable to clipless cycling shoes for extended running sections after dismounts. Watch Sven Nys' surprise footwear selection at the CX worlds in Louisville in the new year, and you'll see what I mean.
  • 11-30-2012
    shirk
    Joey what???

    You want to put someone up for international cyclist of the year for a crash then it's Cam Zink /end debate

  • 11-30-2012
    garage monster
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by shirk View Post
    You want to put someone up for international cyclist of the year for a crash then it's Cam Zink /end debate.

    Well, that neatly sums up why I won't be entering the world of extreme freeriding any time soon. I think Cam is about due for complete skeletal replacement at this point. Adamantium might be a good choice for him. :eek:

    I bet he never would have attempted that gap on a fat bike! ;)
  • 11-30-2012
    secret agent
    however, if he had clipless - he could have bunny hopped the obstacle. am i out of line here?[/QUOTE]


    Some people can bunny hop on flats...just saying.
  • 11-30-2012
    secret agent
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by shirk View Post
    Hard to find much longer high rise threaded stems.



    This is actually one of the most fun bikes I've owned in the last 10 years.

    couldn't tell from the other picture. I bet it is a lot of fun. Something that small would be awesome to throw around. Like a BMX/trail bike hybrid. Something like Inspired bikes is making. I know a guy riding a Hex with a shock in the Agreement forest.
  • 11-30-2012
    Circlip
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by shirk View Post
    You want to put someone up for international cyclist of the year for a crash then it's Cam Zink /end debate

    Cam's like the riding equivalent of the kid who yells "Look Ma, I can fly" just before jumping out of the tree. Did he forget his parachute or something? Anyhow, until he's making that jump on a 'cross bike Joey still wins.
  • 11-30-2012
    saturnine
    flats ftw
  • 11-30-2012
    osokolo
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Circlip View Post
    Cam's like the riding equivalent of the kid who yells "Look Ma, I can fly" just before jumping out of the tree. Did he forget his parachute or something? Anyhow, until he's making that jump on a 'cross bike Joey still wins.

    yeah, i tend to agree with that... even in his fall, Cam looks big... Joey's fall is just glorious...

    like, how the hell did you do that boy?
  • 11-30-2012
    thewake
    Is it too soon to complain that this thread hurts my feelings?
  • 11-30-2012
    tommy
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by ghettocruiser View Post

    Yes, this is the time of the year when I notice I am just off-pace for some meaningless end-of-year riding milestone, and start ramping up the totals to achieve some flaky objective that by January 5th not even I will give a crap about.

    But for the next month, this will result in me mindlessly logging dark, cold, damp, junk-miles that would have been far more productive and enjoyable back in the sunny days of June.

    Darn! - I thought I was the only one. It is somehow comforting to learn that others are afflicted with this condition.

    edit: p.s. - off to do Brimley hill repeats
  • 11-30-2012
    osokolo
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Unglued View Post
    Nuh-uh, Oggie. I am so hopelessly behind the times that I just ordered a carbon fibre 29'er hardtail and will be racing with the rest of you gearies next year...

    well, i can tell you one thing with certainty and utmost honesty.

    i am so glad you are not in my category. i hope you and Neil square off in a friendly matchup... are you in the same cat?
  • 11-30-2012
    Circlip
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by saturnine View Post
    flats ftw

    There is no charge for awesomeness

    <object width="640" height="480"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jh_MclxU_48?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jh_MclxU_48?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="640" height="480" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

    ( 'cause we know that all the mysteries of the universe can be answered by youtube clips)
  • 11-30-2012
    Circlip
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by thewake View Post
    Is it too soon to complain that this thread hurts my feelings?

    Is this a request to lock it?
  • 11-30-2012
    thewake
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Circlip View Post
    Is this a request to lock it?

    Either that or block me for life, I can't decide which is the greater good.
  • 11-30-2012
    Circlip
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by thewake View Post
    Either that or block me for life, I can't decide which is the greater good.

    I can only surmise this means you don't trust yourself within this thread, and are concerned about what you may choose to post up if left to your own devices.

    We could just make it like an Eastern Canad subforum Russian Roulette thread for everyone i.e. post up whatever you want, but if I decide the thread needs to be locked then whoever pushed it over the edge gets an automatic 10 day "posting vacation". If that someone happens to be me then you will probably get CHUM as a guest mod during my absence. :)
  • 11-30-2012
    shirk
    Go for it.
  • 11-30-2012
    osokolo
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Circlip View Post
    I can only surmise this means you don't trust yourself within this thread, and are concerned about what you may choose to post up if left to your own devices.

    We could just make it like an Eastern Canad subforum Russian Roulette thread for everyone i.e. post up whatever you want, but if I decide the thread needs to be locked then whoever pushed it over the edge gets an automatic 10 day "posting vacation". If that someone happens to be me then you will probably get CHUM as a guest mod during my absence. :)

    we are used to that in Toronto. the judge just fired elected politician. democracy. eastern canada style.
  • 11-30-2012
    Circlip
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by osokolo View Post
    we are used to that in Toronto. the judge just fired elected politician. democracy. eastern canada style.

    I can't figure out if I'm the judge or if I'm mayor (for a couple more weeks) Fjord in your characterization.

    Also, I have no idea where you got the impression this is a democratic process :p
  • 11-30-2012
    aerius
    I'm not entirely sure what this thread is about anymore, so here's a gratuitous picture of Emily Batty

  • 11-30-2012
    Circlip
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by aerius View Post
    I'm not entirely sure what this thread is about anymore

    If you track through past lunar cycles and compare to Oggie's posting history, it will allow you to predict (19 times in 20, +/-5% accuracy) when he will finally feel the need to release pent up frustration about having to post in threads that are about something, and instead go all Seinfeld on us by starting a new thread about nothing. Trust me, it's better this way.
  • 11-30-2012
    serious
    I was hoping this thread would be about the stupidity of fat bikes. I am still looking for the reason to ride one, other than the old "me too" reason. Most of the time these abominations are ridden on hard snow where a cross bike with 28 mm tires would manage. It reminds me of the dweebs riding 104 mm wide fat skis on groomed-to-perfection Mount St-Louis-Moonstone, where snow blades will do just as good a job.

    And then there are fat bikes with flat pedals to ensure that you are not only suspected of being stupid, but are fighting extra hard to confirm the suspicion. :)

    How am I doing osokolo? If this does not lock the thread, then the monitor is just lazy. Of course a monitor who rides these devil bike might leave the thread open and ban me.
  • 11-30-2012
    limba
    I did noticed a long time ago that this forum always seems to have a lot of drama happening. I think southern Ontario people really like to trash talk, especially on the internet. What's that about?

    and hey, did you see how fat that guy got?! Man, did he ever get fat. Wtf happened to him?
  • 11-30-2012
    Circlip
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by serious View Post
    the monitor is just lazy.

    m-o-d-e-r-a-t-o-r

    thank

    you

    in

    advance
  • 11-30-2012
    ghettocruiser
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by aerius View Post
    so here's a gratuitous picture of Emily Batty

    Who would apparently rather just run through the sand than be seen on a fatbike?
  • 11-30-2012
    serious
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Circlip View Post
    m-o-d-e-r-a-t-o-r

    thank

    you

    in

    advance

    Oops, sorry about that. :D
  • 11-30-2012
    CHUM
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Circlip View Post
    I can only surmise this means you don't trust yourself within this thread, and are concerned about what you may choose to post up if left to your own devices.

    We could just make it like an Eastern Canad subforum Russian Roulette thread for everyone i.e. post up whatever you want, but if I decide the thread needs to be locked then whoever pushed it over the edge gets an automatic 10 day "posting vacation". If that someone happens to be me then you will probably get CHUM as a guest mod during my absence. :)

    what the hell did i ever do to you :confused:

    that's just plain mean....

    mean I tell ya...
  • 11-30-2012
    Trail Ninja
    I can get a thread deleted in 2 posts. Probably one.

    I'm not divulging my secret. I'm saving it for when I want to go out in a blaze of glory.

    Yes Chum, I still have the picture AND I'll still plead chemo-brain.
  • 11-30-2012
    osokolo
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by serious View Post
    How am I doing osokolo? If this does not lock the thread, then the monitor is just lazy. Of course a monitor who rides these devil bike might leave the thread open and ban me.

    Uncle Tom,

    you are so harmless that Circlip is probably still ROFLing your post...

    please keep being a good guy and leave the serious business of locking threads to those that have such talents...

    good try though... you'll get there in about 1000 years with proper practice. :thumbsup:
  • 11-30-2012
    Circlip
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by osokolo View Post
    you are so harmless that Circlip is probably still ROFLing your post...

    please keep being a good guy and leave the serious business of locking threads to those that have such talents...

    good try though... you'll get there in about 1000 years with proper practice. :thumbsup:

    He was actually on a pretty good roll before he completely blew all his street cred as an agitator-wanna-be by referring to me as a monitor.

    You have to give him an "A" for effort though. The roflcopter only made a single brief pass over this one.
  • 11-30-2012
    osokolo
    thread about nothing?
    dammit, that was the right name for this thread.

    really, when you think about - everyone is so predictable posting in threads about something. they always talk about something. sometimes it gets boring.

    this thread has potential, let me tell you. true meaning of shooting breeze... just take a look at the mileage we have covered so far. from sausage suit flying high to sweet Emily's thighs.

    and back.

    this has got to be the eastern canada kumbaya thread. for now at least. everyone is welcome.

    heck, even CHUM felt compelled to grace us with his wisdom. when i grow up i want to be like him.

    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Circlip View Post
    If you track through past lunar cycles and compare to Oggie's posting history, it will allow you to predict (19 times in 20, +/-5% accuracy) when he will finally feel the need to release pent up frustration about having to post in threads that are about something, and instead go all Seinfeld on us by starting a new thread about nothing. Trust me, it's better this way.

  • 12-01-2012
    Circlip
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by osokolo View Post
    heck, even CHUM felt compelled to grace us with his wisdom. when i grow up i want to be like him.

    malodorous?

    (it's a well-known fact that the guy reeks)
  • 12-01-2012
    nickboers
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by limba View Post
    and hey, did you see how fat that guy got?! Man, did he ever get fat. Wtf happened to him?

    He got upset and ran away when nobody believed him the bike was slow, and it wasn't just him.
  • 12-01-2012
    serious
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by osokolo View Post
    Uncle Tom,

    you are so harmless that Circlip is probably still ROFLing your post...

    please keep being a good guy and leave the serious business of locking threads to those that have such talents...

    good try though... you'll get there in about 1000 years with proper practice. :thumbsup:

    Ok, so I suck at being the bad guy. :D It goes well with sucking at being a racer.

    But with that "monitor" blunder, I am thinking I may have some talents in the dweeb department. :)
  • 12-01-2012
    garage monster
    Ultimate fatbike accessory!

    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/cfyC6NJqt2o" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  • 12-01-2012
    XLNC
    I heard Emily prefers flats.....
  • 12-01-2012
    thewake
    Thank god we found something for this thread to be about!

  • 12-01-2012
    ray.vermette
  • 12-01-2012
    Circlip
    Bwhahaha! So simple, yet so much win.

    Quote:

    Originally Posted by ray.vermette View Post

  • 12-01-2012
    osokolo
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Circlip View Post
    malodorous?

    (it's a well-known fact that the guy reeks)

    i heard the rumour. he must have other qualities. some. anything?
  • 12-01-2012
    osokolo
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Trail Ninja View Post
    I can get a thread deleted in 2 posts. Probably one.

    I'm not divulging my secret. I'm saving it for when I want to go out in a blaze of glory.

    Yes Chum, I still have the picture AND I'll still plead chemo-brain.

    thank you for your somewhat ambiguous post. care to dig into the details? if there is a thread out there that can handle a good gossip, than it is this one.

    thank you in advance...

    oh, that was for thread monitor. sorry.
  • 12-01-2012
    Circlip
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by osokolo View Post
    i heard the rumour. he must have other qualities. some. anything?

    We haven't found any yet, although that isn't definitive proof they don't exist.
  • 12-01-2012
    Enduramil
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by thewake View Post
    Is it too soon to complain that this thread hurts my feelings?

    Sorry... what are these " feelings " you speak of?
  • 12-01-2012
    thewake
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Enduramil View Post
    Sorry... what are these " feelings " you speak of?

    I'm not entirely sure. Let me take another look at that picture of Ms Batty to see if I can figure it out.
  • 12-01-2012
    osokolo
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by thewake View Post
    I'm not entirely sure. Let me take another look at that picture of Ms Batty to see if I can figure it out.

    Please clean up yourself after you spend your time with Ms Batty's picture, and before you share your thoughts with us. Thank you.
  • 12-01-2012
    osokolo
    Duplicate post. Monitor - please delete. ;)
  • 12-01-2012
    XLNC
  • 12-01-2012
    Enduramil
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by XLNC View Post
    I heard Emily prefers flats.....

  • 12-01-2012
    osokolo
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by XLNC View Post

    Who is she.

    Don't care about the dude.

    Oh nice. Her shirt says "TRY ANAL"

    :). Sure. But. How to keep calm then?
  • 12-01-2012
    XLNC
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by osokolo View Post
    Who is she.

    Don't care about the dude.

    Don't know, but I like her spirit.
  • 12-01-2012
    osokolo
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by XLNC View Post
    Don't know, but I like her spirit.

    That is understandable. I like your style.
  • 12-01-2012
    Circlip
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by osokolo View Post
    Duplicate post. Monitor - please delete. ;)

    No.
  • 12-01-2012
    Enduramil
    Hmm.. interesting. This thread gets posted in the same 24 hour period as the Republic of Serbia is mounting a Vampire hunt. Should the Republic of Serbia's Canadian Embassy be notified?
  • 12-01-2012
    Trail Ninja
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by osokolo View Post
    thank you for your somewhat ambiguous post. care to dig into the details? if there is a thread out there that can handle a good gossip, than it is this one.

    thank you in advance...

    oh, that was for thread monitor. sorry.

    All I can tell you is this was the PM I got after he deleted the thread.
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by CHUM
    dude!?

    really?

    c'mon - you know better..

    jeebus
    [/facepalm]

    After I apologized and claimed chemo-brain...

    Quote:

    chemo-brain huh? pfft....you get no slack.

    NO SLACK AT ALL!!!!!
  • 12-01-2012
    Circlip
    Ah geez... it was fun while it lasted. Kind of.

    Start this thread in Off Camber next time and it might live longer. In there it would just look like all the other threads though.