Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    sock puppet
    Quote Originally Posted by Unglued View Post
    Nuh-uh, Oggie. I am so hopelessly behind the times that I just ordered a carbon fibre 29'er hardtail and will be racing with the rest of you gearies next year...
    well, i can tell you one thing with certainty and utmost honesty.

i am so glad you are not in my category. i hope you and Neil square off in a friendly matchup... are you in the same cat?

No. Just No. Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by saturnine View Post
    flats ftw
    There is no charge for awesomeness

( 'cause we know that all the mysteries of the universe can be answered by youtube clips)

No. Just No. Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by thewake View Post
    Is it too soon to complain that this thread hurts my feelings?
    Is this a request to lock it?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Circlip View Post
    Is this a request to lock it?
    Either that or block me for life, I can't decide which is the greater good.

No. Just No. Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by thewake View Post
    Either that or block me for life, I can't decide which is the greater good.
    I can only surmise this means you don't trust yourself within this thread, and are concerned about what you may choose to post up if left to your own devices.

We could just make it like an Eastern Canad subforum Russian Roulette thread for everyone i.e. post up whatever you want, but if I decide the thread needs to be locked then whoever pushed it over the edge gets an automatic 10 day "posting vacation". If that someone happens to be me then you will probably get CHUM as a guest mod during my absence.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Go for it.

sock puppet
    I can only surmise this means you don't trust yourself within this thread, and are concerned about what you may choose to post up if left to your own devices.

We could just make it like an Eastern Canad subforum Russian Roulette thread for everyone i.e. post up whatever you want, but if I decide the thread needs to be locked then whoever pushed it over the edge gets an automatic 10 day "posting vacation". If that someone happens to be me then you will probably get CHUM as a guest mod during my absence.
    we are used to that in Toronto. the judge just fired elected politician. democracy. eastern canada style.

No. Just No. Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by osokolo View Post
    we are used to that in Toronto. the judge just fired elected politician. democracy. eastern canada style.
    I can't figure out if I'm the judge or if I'm mayor (for a couple more weeks) Fjord in your characterization.

Also, I have no idea where you got the impression this is a democratic process

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    I'm not entirely sure what this thread is about anymore, so here's a gratuitous picture of Emily Batty

No. Just No. Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by aerius View Post
    I'm not entirely sure what this thread is about anymore
    If you track through past lunar cycles and compare to Oggie's posting history, it will allow you to predict (19 times in 20, +/-5% accuracy) when he will finally feel the need to release pent up frustration about having to post in threads that are about something, and instead go all Seinfeld on us by starting a new thread about nothing. Trust me, it's better this way.

mtbr member
    I was hoping this thread would be about the stupidity of fat bikes. I am still looking for the reason to ride one, other than the old "me too" reason. Most of the time these abominations are ridden on hard snow where a cross bike with 28 mm tires would manage. It reminds me of the dweebs riding 104 mm wide fat skis on groomed-to-perfection Mount St-Louis-Moonstone, where snow blades will do just as good a job.

And then there are fat bikes with flat pedals to ensure that you are not only suspected of being stupid, but are fighting extra hard to confirm the suspicion.

How am I doing osokolo? If this does not lock the thread, then the monitor is just lazy. Of course a monitor who rides these devil bike might leave the thread open and ban me.
    My rides:
    Lynskey Ti Pro29 SL singlespeed
    KHS Team 29
    S-Works Roubaix SL3 Dura Ace
    Pake French 75 track

mtbr member
    I did noticed a long time ago that this forum always seems to have a lot of drama happening. I think southern Ontario people really like to trash talk, especially on the internet. What's that about?

and hey, did you see how fat that guy got?! Man, did he ever get fat. Wtf happened to him?

No. Just No. Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by serious View Post
    the monitor is just lazy.
    m-o-d-e-r-a-t-o-r

thank

you

in

advance

sheep in FOX clothing
    Quote Originally Posted by aerius View Post
    so here's a gratuitous picture of Emily Batty
    Who would apparently rather just run through the sand than be seen on a fatbike?

mtbr member
    m-o-d-e-r-a-t-o-r

thank

you

in

advance
    Oops, sorry about that.
    My rides:
    KHS Team 29
    Pake French 75 track

fresh fish in stock...... SuperModerator

what the hell did i ever do to you

that's just plain mean....

mean I tell ya...
    Visit these 2 places to help advance trail access:
    http://www.sharingthepct.org/
    http://www.facebook.com/SharingThePct

I build my own.
    I can get a thread deleted in 2 posts. Probably one.

I'm not divulging my secret. I'm saving it for when I want to go out in a blaze of glory.

Yes Chum, I still have the picture AND I'll still plead chemo-brain.
    I have a device that can access the total knowledge of man. I use it to look at pictures of cats and argue with strangers.

sock puppet
    Quote Originally Posted by serious View Post
    How am I doing osokolo? If this does not lock the thread, then the monitor is just lazy. Of course a monitor who rides these devil bike might leave the thread open and ban me.
    Uncle Tom,

you are so harmless that Circlip is probably still ROFLing your post...

please keep being a good guy and leave the serious business of locking threads to those that have such talents...

good try though... you'll get there in about 1000 years with proper practice.

No. Just No. Moderator

please keep being a good guy and leave the serious business of locking threads to those that have such talents...

He was actually on a pretty good roll before he completely blew all his street cred as an agitator-wanna-be by referring to me as a monitor.

You have to give him an "A" for effort though. The roflcopter only made a single brief pass over this one.

sock puppet

thread about nothing?

dammit, that was the right name for this thread.

really, when you think about - everyone is so predictable posting in threads about something. they always talk about something. sometimes it gets boring.

this thread has potential, let me tell you. true meaning of shooting breeze... just take a look at the mileage we have covered so far. from sausage suit flying high to sweet Emily's thighs.

and back.

this has got to be the eastern canada kumbaya thread. for now at least. everyone is welcome.

heck, even CHUM felt compelled to grace us with his wisdom. when i grow up i want to be like him.

If you track through past lunar cycles and compare to Oggie's posting history, it will allow you to predict (19 times in 20, +/-5% accuracy) when he will finally feel the need to release pent up frustration about having to post in threads that are about something, and instead go all Seinfeld on us by starting a new thread about nothing. Trust me, it's better this way.

No. Just No. Moderator
    heck, even CHUM felt compelled to grace us with his wisdom. when i grow up i want to be like him.
    malodorous?

(it's a well-known fact that the guy reeks)

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by limba View Post
    and hey, did you see how fat that guy got?! Man, did he ever get fat. Wtf happened to him?
    He got upset and ran away when nobody believed him the bike was slow, and it wasn't just him.

mtbr member
    Uncle Tom,

Ok, so I suck at being the bad guy. It goes well with sucking at being a racer.

But with that "monitor" blunder, I am thinking I may have some talents in the dweeb department.
    My rides:
    KHS Team 29
    Pake French 75 track

Evil Jr.
    Ultimate fatbike accessory!

Please enjoy seeing this terrible collection of me - something wonderful is about to happy.

I dd what you see there.
    I heard Emily prefers flats.....
    2002 Cannondale Jekyll 800
    2011 Trek Cronus CX Ultimate

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast