Village Dirtbag

Lets complain about people who like to talk about politics on the internet!

Here's your thread. Have at it guys.

Suggestion: if you don't like to talk about politics online, I recommend not clicking on political threads, and I doubly recommend not making replies in those threads. Just ignore 'em and you can put your replies here instead.

Enjoy

This thread is political. IBTL

mtbr member
    Was hoping no one would take the bait, and this thread would've just went away without a post but since you got a bite I'll throw in my .02

Think you miss the point Adam. It's the fact that a political thread seems to many, my self included, to be a waste on a MTB forum, and it would seem, at least at first, to be just bait from a troll. Althou I believe you came up with one even more useless. Good job

Wonder if stuff like this makes it more annoying or more entertaining for the mods?
    Round and round we go

I vote entertaining and recycle bin bound. With a healthy dose of neg rep thrown in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tone's View Post
    Id scrap the passion forum all together, its a breeding ground for unicorn milkers, rainbow chasers and candy cotton farters.

AZ
    banned
    If we can have a thread about crapping in the woods a little polite discourse about politics should be okay. My two cents.

Its got what plants crave
    I find it's best to stay out of other people's affairs.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Ocala Mountain Bike Association - www.omba.org

gobsmacked Moderator
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ.MTNS View Post
    a little polite discourse about politics
    whazzat?

Village Dirtbag
    Quote Originally Posted by theMeat View Post
    ...a waste on a MTB forum...
    Is the board almost full?

It would be nice if there was an OT or politics section. The title of this board, "General discussion", doesn't really make it clear if it's general discussion about whatever, or general mtb discussion. If bike, maybe it should be called "General Bike Discussion"

AZ
    banned
    Seriously, there is enough complaining isn't there? This site is about MTBing, sharing the stoke, stories and the good mojo. My two Abraham's, hijack over.

gobsmacked Moderator
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by @dam View Post
    The title of this board, "General discussion", doesn't really make it clear if it's general discussion about whatever, or general mtb discussion.
    The title of the website should cover all the bases, no?

No offense but the when you talk about politics you just go around and around. You really can't convince people to change their minds. They seem to evolve on their own - for better or worse.

I'm sure there's plenty of websites to discuss politics. I would hate to see what those are like.

mtbr member

It would be nice if there was an OT or politics section. The title of this board, "General discussion", doesn't really make it clear if it's general discussion about whatever, or general mtb discussion. If bike, maybe it should be called "General Bike Discussion"
    Nope, not full, just full of more BS. Yes I agree, but dought that since many post whatever topic in whatever forum they wish, that a specific forum would help. What fun would it be for a troll to get little activity in an obscure forum anyways. Besides, we do have a forum on here for political and other useless threads on a mtb forum. It's called the recycling bin. Which is where you'll find this thread shortly.
    Round and round we go

gobsmacked Moderator
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by theMeat View Post
    Nope, not full, just full of more BS. Yes I agree, but dought that since many post whatever topic in whatever forum they wish, that a specific forum would help. What fun would it be for a troll to get little activity in an obscure forum anyways. Besides, we do have a forum on here for political and other useless threads on a mtb forum. It's called the recycling bin. Which is where you'll find this thread shortly.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

banned

I find it humorous that threads are started with OT in the title in General Discussion.

What is OT to general discussion? Localized discussion? The wouldn't EVERYTHING be OT?

fresh fish in stock...... SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by Flankerdog View Post
    I find it humorous that threads are started with OT in the title in General Discussion.

What is OT to general discussion? Localized discussion? The wouldn't EVERYTHING be OT?

General Discussion (as with all forums on MTBR) relates to Mountain Biking/Cycling.

A political thread that has no ties to mountain biking is Off Topic....hence the OT in the thread title.

I hope this clarifies your concerns.

If you have any additional commentary or questions about MTBR or it's practices PM me. I would be more than happy to help shed light on you inquiries.

Thanks,
    Your Friendly Neighborhood Mod - CHUM
    Visit these 2 places to help advance trail access:
    http://www.sharingthepct.org/
    http://www.facebook.com/SharingThePct