Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 50 of 54
  1. #1
    REALLY?
    Reputation: jeffgothro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    2,090

    Keysville Classic (requirement questions)

    I plan on moving to the area, or close by (Kern County), I'ed love to go and meet and mabie race with some of you guys, and I know the next race is a ways off, nonetheless. What are the requirements safty wise, I dont normally wear helmets or safety apparel (jeans/tee-shirt guy here). Are helmets and stuff required? Is there anything else I might need or I should say, required?
    DJ, "Because I'm sure the world need's more dudes stalking the woods stoned out of their mind carrying a deadly weapon."

  2. #2
    the new Gilbert Grape
    Reputation: laffeaux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    5,760
    Helmets are required at all sanctioned races, so to race, yes you need to wear a helmet. Otherwise you need to be dressed.

    Wearing a helmet while riding off road is always a good idea. As hard as you your head may be, rocks are harder.
    Each bicycle owned exponentially increases the probability that none is working correctly.

  3. #3
    gobsmacked Moderator
    Reputation: girlonbike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    8,481
    Hey, congrats...I think.

    Just need a helmet and water bottle and you're set to go. Looking forward to bringing you a dictionary and meeting you next year.

  4. #4
    REALLY?
    Reputation: jeffgothro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    2,090
    I LOL'ed GOB....

    I thought so, just didnt know for sure or if Keysville was santioned or not.

    (Used to race BMX in the ABA (santioning body - I was required to wear a hemet)

    In addition to my hemet I'll wear my neon green racing bib, I'll also be sure to bring my pit crew (pictured).

    Last edited by jeffgothro; 05-22-2012 at 12:59 PM.
    DJ, "Because I'm sure the world need's more dudes stalking the woods stoned out of their mind carrying a deadly weapon."

  5. #5
    velocipede technician
    Reputation: hollister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    8,810
    Quote Originally Posted by laffeaux View Post
    you need to be dressed.
    pants are highly overrated
    looking for 20-21" P team

  6. #6
    Stokeless Asshat
    Reputation: jeff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,287
    Quote Originally Posted by hollister View Post
    pants are highly overrated
    Depends on the crowd you run with.
    Zip ties? Not on my bike!

    Want:
    650B rims or wheel set. 80's vintage 32 or 36 x 135mm

  7. #7
    REALLY?
    Reputation: jeffgothro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    2,090
    Oh, damn, I forgot to ask...will there be beer there?
    DJ, "Because I'm sure the world need's more dudes stalking the woods stoned out of their mind carrying a deadly weapon."

  8. #8
    Stokeless Asshat
    Reputation: jeff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,287
    Only Bud lIght. It's a serious race crowd.
    Zip ties? Not on my bike!

    Want:
    650B rims or wheel set. 80's vintage 32 or 36 x 135mm

  9. #9
    Certified Bike Junkie
    Reputation: muddybuddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,746
    There was some PBR around too, but that's reserved for the connoisseurs.
    Need: McMahon brake for roller cam mounts, Mountain Goat fork.

  10. #10
    gobsmacked Moderator
    Reputation: girlonbike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    8,481
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgothro View Post
    Oh, damn, I forgot to ask...will there be beer there?
    wtf, you idiot. There's no beer with mountain biking.

    Speaking of beer, where is my good buddy Screaming Bunny?

  11. #11
    REALLY?
    Reputation: jeffgothro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    2,090
    Quote Originally Posted by girlonbike View Post
    wtf, you idiot. There's no beer with mountain biking.

    Speaking of beer, where is my good buddy Screaming Bunny?
    WHAT?

    http://forums.mtbr.com/beer-forum/

    I can almost garantee you I'll be baked befiore the race, in fact, I've never raced unless I was baked and I never placed less than 3rd place (you must place at least 3rd to get a trophy in the ABA) and never lost.

    Green Thumb (frolicking through the garden)
    DJ, "Because I'm sure the world need's more dudes stalking the woods stoned out of their mind carrying a deadly weapon."

  12. #12
    velocipede technician
    Reputation: hollister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    8,810
    Quote Originally Posted by girlonbike View Post
    wtf, you idiot. There's no beer with mountain biking.
    please ban that jackass next time he posts that pic

    Quote Originally Posted by girlonbike View Post
    Speaking of beer, where is my good buddy Screaming Bunny?
    last seen on top of a mountain in the rain, nobodies heard from him since..
    looking for 20-21" P team

  13. #13
    Certified Bike Junkie
    Reputation: muddybuddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,746
    Hopefully DC got his bike back from him.
    Need: McMahon brake for roller cam mounts, Mountain Goat fork.

  14. #14
    REALLY?
    Reputation: jeffgothro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    2,090
    Quote Originally Posted by hollister View Post
    please ban that jackass next time he posts that pic


    last seen on top of a mountain in the rain, nobodies heard from him since..
    Is that towards me, what crawled up your...nevermind, whats your prob dude? Apparently you dont have much of a since of humor.

    Sounds a lot like a personal problem.

    Help here...

    E-Therapy and Online Psychology at ALLPSYCH Online

    Or..

    ignore my threads...its that simple.
    Last edited by jeffgothro; 05-22-2012 at 02:57 PM.
    DJ, "Because I'm sure the world need's more dudes stalking the woods stoned out of their mind carrying a deadly weapon."

  15. #15
    gobsmacked Moderator
    Reputation: girlonbike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    8,481
    Sarcasm, dude!

    Hollister is a good guy. You have to get to know him. Roll with it, Jeff.

    p.s. that picture does bring up the gag reflexes.

  16. #16
    velocipede technician
    Reputation: hollister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    8,810
    burn another fatty and chill out flatbiller

    brah



    :l
    looking for 20-21" P team

  17. #17
    REALLY?
    Reputation: jeffgothro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    2,090
    Quote Originally Posted by girlonbike View Post
    Sarcasm, dude!

    Hollister is a good guy. You have to get to know him. Roll with it, Jeff.

    p.s. that picture does bring up the gag reflexes.

    I'm a good guy too, get to know me.

    (really - Sasha Baron Coen (not sure I spelled it right) aint a bad looking guy (I'm not ghey for the record), he's just in a hideious bathing suit - seriously, whats the problem here?

    edit: If that was sarcasm my bad (it didnt sound like it), and I didnt see it, my apologies.
    DJ, "Because I'm sure the world need's more dudes stalking the woods stoned out of their mind carrying a deadly weapon."

  18. #18
    ...
    Reputation: ameybrook's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    1,488
    The whole Borat / Funny thing just isn't working. Dude.


    Why would you own 100 Yugos when you could own 1 Porsche? - Rumpfy



  19. #19
    VRC Illuminati
    Reputation: Rumpfy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    17,422
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgothro View Post
    Apparently you dont have much of a since of humor.
    Hollister has a terrific sense of humor! Also, I don't believe that comment was for you.
    -eric-

    http://www.rumpfy.com
    Wanted: NDS Suntour XC Pro Microdrive 175mm Crank Arm.

  20. #20
    REALLY?
    Reputation: jeffgothro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    2,090
    Quote Originally Posted by Rumpfy View Post
    Hollister has a terrific sense of humor! Also, I don't believe that comment was for you.
    Really? Seriosly? (I'm the only one who posted a pic)

    WTF then?

    please ban that jackass next time he posts that pic
    And now I got spelling natzies too who dont know how to correctly quote a post. Really, Seriously?? (see below)

    Name:  Untitled.jpg
Views: 175
Size:  41.6 KB
    Last edited by jeffgothro; 05-22-2012 at 04:31 PM.
    DJ, "Because I'm sure the world need's more dudes stalking the woods stoned out of their mind carrying a deadly weapon."

  21. #21
    Certified Bike Junkie
    Reputation: muddybuddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,746
    [QUOTE=jeffgothro;9337418] Apparently you dont have much of a since of humor./QUOTE]

    Might want to work on that sense of spelling also.
    Need: McMahon brake for roller cam mounts, Mountain Goat fork.

  22. #22
    VRC Illuminati
    Reputation: Rumpfy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    17,422
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgothro View Post
    Really? Seriosly? (I'm the only one who posted a pic)

    WTF then?



    And now I got spelling natzies too who dont know how to correctly quote a post. Really, Seriously?? (see below)


    Haha....oop...ya, you're right....that WAS for you! Still a funny comment though (if you can hear the tone in how its said, its funnier). Also a funny comment because its true.

    budweiser wassup - YouTube
    -eric-

    http://www.rumpfy.com
    Wanted: NDS Suntour XC Pro Microdrive 175mm Crank Arm.

  23. #23
    velocipede technician
    Reputation: hollister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    8,810
    let there be no mistake

    ban him
    looking for 20-21" P team

  24. #24
    REALLY?
    Reputation: jeffgothro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    2,090
    Quote Originally Posted by hollister View Post
    let there be no mistake

    ban him
    Why, because you disagree with my brand of humor..fcuk you guy, you definatly have a personal problem, get over it, and yourself.
    DJ, "Because I'm sure the world need's more dudes stalking the woods stoned out of their mind carrying a deadly weapon."

  25. #25
    REALLY?
    Reputation: jeffgothro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    2,090
    I came her in all sincerity and with and honest question, and added va little humor.

    Lock this thread down, its obviously got out of hand, by me and other partys.
    DJ, "Because I'm sure the world need's more dudes stalking the woods stoned out of their mind carrying a deadly weapon."

  26. #26
    velocipede technician
    Reputation: hollister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    8,810
    just you, and nobody else but you


    dood
    looking for 20-21" P team

  27. #27
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    777
    .....grabs popcorn and beer.....
    Looking for/WTB : Grove Innovations Assault Fork, Grove Innovation Hammerhead Stem or Hothead Bar Stem

  28. #28
    Certified Bike Junkie
    Reputation: muddybuddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,746
    sereousley, if ur moovin too Bakers Feeld youll fit rite in.
    Need: McMahon brake for roller cam mounts, Mountain Goat fork.

  29. #29
    VRC Illuminati
    Reputation: Rumpfy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    17,422
    Camp fire is gonna be super awkward in 2013.
    -eric-

    http://www.rumpfy.com
    Wanted: NDS Suntour XC Pro Microdrive 175mm Crank Arm.

  30. #30
    REALLY?
    Reputation: jeffgothro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    2,090
    Quote Originally Posted by hollister View Post
    just you, and nobody else but you


    dood
    Really, then explain?

    I see humor althroughout this forum, what is different than my humor and anyone else besides your own, or your own point of view?
    Seriously, I really want to know?
    DJ, "Because I'm sure the world need's more dudes stalking the woods stoned out of their mind carrying a deadly weapon."

  31. #31
    velocipede technician
    Reputation: hollister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    8,810
    Quote Originally Posted by Rumpfy View Post
    Camp fire is gonna be super awkward in 2013.
    I'll get some tapout shirts, maybe some ed hardy gear.. it'll be all good


    jesus christ I'm a dick
    looking for 20-21" P team

  32. #32
    gobsmacked Moderator
    Reputation: girlonbike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    8,481
    Oh man.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  33. #33
    REALLY?
    Reputation: jeffgothro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    2,090
    Really, then explain?

    I see humor althroughout this forum, what is different than my humor and anyone else besides your own, or your own point of view?
    Seriously, I really want to know?

    Please, really, explain?

    If you cant, mabie is all of you?

    All I did was ask an honest sincer question w/ a little humore and I get butt-fcuked for the humor?
    DJ, "Because I'm sure the world need's more dudes stalking the woods stoned out of their mind carrying a deadly weapon."

  34. #34
    Stokeless Asshat
    Reputation: jeff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,287
    JEFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Breath....relax.....
    Zip ties? Not on my bike!

    Want:
    650B rims or wheel set. 80's vintage 32 or 36 x 135mm

  35. #35
    REALLY?
    Reputation: jeffgothro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    2,090
    I'm relaxed, been taking bong hits inbetween postings and I'm through the better half of a 12 pack of beer, I just cant figure out why this thread as gone so astray over a stupid little joke/picture, just because a couiple a$$holess with little or no no humor want to fcuk my ass over it.
    DJ, "Because I'm sure the world need's more dudes stalking the woods stoned out of their mind carrying a deadly weapon."

  36. #36
    velocipede technician
    Reputation: hollister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    8,810
    that explains it...

    I can't keep up with all the after the fact edits, broham
    looking for 20-21" P team

  37. #37
    REALLY?
    Reputation: jeffgothro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    2,090
    Quote Originally Posted by hollister View Post
    that explains it...

    I can't keep up with all the after the fact edits, broham

    No, its explains nothing, only in your own little mind...who the fcuk are you, you dont know me, your not quaified to make any assumptions about me any more than I can make assumptions about you...your argument means nothing, just like mine. Logically, you FAIL!!!! Its that simple!!!
    DJ, "Because I'm sure the world need's more dudes stalking the woods stoned out of their mind carrying a deadly weapon."

  38. #38
    velocipede technician
    Reputation: hollister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    8,810
    you are either a comedic genius of the straight man role, or you have done smoked yourself stupid
    looking for 20-21" P team

  39. #39
    REALLY?
    Reputation: jeffgothro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    2,090
    Quote Originally Posted by hollister View Post
    you are either a comedic genius of the straight man role, or you have done smoked yourself stupid
    I'm nither, I'm just "Jeff", nothing more, nothing less.

    Respectfully,

    Jeff
    DJ, "Because I'm sure the world need's more dudes stalking the woods stoned out of their mind carrying a deadly weapon."

  40. #40
    Stokeless Asshat
    Reputation: jeff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,287
    Never mind.
    Zip ties? Not on my bike!

    Want:
    650B rims or wheel set. 80's vintage 32 or 36 x 135mm

  41. #41
    REALLY?
    Reputation: jeffgothro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    2,090
    Quote Originally Posted by hollister View Post
    you are either a comedic genius of the straight man role, or you have done smoked yourself stupid
    Listen bro, I got nothing against you...pos rep sent. Take care man, even if we aint ever friends or internet buddys!!! (I agree to disagree)
    DJ, "Because I'm sure the world need's more dudes stalking the woods stoned out of their mind carrying a deadly weapon."

  42. #42
    REALLY?
    Reputation: jeffgothro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    2,090
    biggoted slur not needed on MTBR....unfortunate post
    Your commrnts are more than welcome, no need to hide bro... (I'm transparent, I dont BS, or hide behind fake names or anything, lets get this out in the open and deal with it)...
    DJ, "Because I'm sure the world need's more dudes stalking the woods stoned out of their mind carrying a deadly weapon."

  43. #43
    VRC Illuminati
    Reputation: Rumpfy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    17,422
    Wasssuuuuuup guys! This thread is the bomb. NOOOOOT! Very nice!

    -eric-

    http://www.rumpfy.com
    Wanted: NDS Suntour XC Pro Microdrive 175mm Crank Arm.

  44. #44
    velocipede technician
    Reputation: hollister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    8,810
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgothro View Post
    hide behind fake names or anything
    those cowards! who would do such a thing!!
    looking for 20-21" P team

  45. #45
    REALLY?
    Reputation: jeffgothro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    2,090
    Serious dude, I got nothing against you, never had, why do you continue to insult me and be a d*ck, I dont know you, I never did anything to you, or bash you, your ideas or beliefs, or humor...what your problem dude?

    did your wife/GF/kids pee in your cheerios todayre you a TROLL?
    DJ, "Because I'm sure the world need's more dudes stalking the woods stoned out of their mind carrying a deadly weapon."

  46. #46
    Now... harder to kill.
    Reputation: 415m3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    450
    Wow, this forum has gone to shiit. We all joke and prod, but now we have to listen to Cheech glorify his illegal drug use? Yeah, yeah, let me guess...you're a provider, right? Spare us the Compassionate Caregiver speech. It's criminal activity in the eyes of the Federal government. Not to mention wildly inappropriate on a public forum that has rules of decorum and is also perused by minors.

    Do you see anyone here posting threads about how they got so drunk they threw up on their buddies couch? Or couldn't drive home? Or tried to ride drunk? No. We have personal standards of conduct.

    Jeffgothro, you disgust me. Are you going to post a pic of how you spike between your toes next? Or maybe the trapdoor on your arm? Leave that crap in your own home. We don't need it.

    Mods, if this loser isn't banned by morning for inappropriate material, you all need to step down.
    "My Life is violent, but violence is life" - Ice T

    WANTED: A 20" Yeti frameset

  47. #47
    REALLY?
    Reputation: jeffgothro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    2,090
    Quote Originally Posted by 415m3 View Post
    Wow, this forum has gone to shiit. We all joke and prod, but now we have to listen to Cheech glorify his illegal drug use? Yeah, yeah, let me guess...you're a provider, right? Spare us the Compassionate Caregiver speech. It's criminal activity in the eyes of the Federal government. Not to mention wildly inappropriate on a public forum that has rules of decorum and is also perused by minors.

    Do you see anyone here posting threads about how they got so drunk they threw up on their buddies couch? Or couldn't drive home? Or tried to ride drunk? No. We have personal standards of conduct.

    Jeffgothro, you disgust me. Are you going to post a pic of how you spike between your toes next? Or maybe the trapdoor on your arm? Leave that crap in your own home. We don't need it.

    Mods, if this loser isn't banned by morning for inappropriate material, you all need to step down.
    So, what are you, some right wing fundimentalist, nevermind, I dont want to know (I can read between the lines). f*ck off!!!!

    Appenrly. the laws only apply to you and or your well being regarless of anyone else, you made that clear by your statement.

    If you dont like it, VOTE NO next time...

    and if that dont work, lobby your congress

    This is OT, why are you even posting?
    DJ, "Because I'm sure the world need's more dudes stalking the woods stoned out of their mind carrying a deadly weapon."

  48. #48
    Now... harder to kill.
    Reputation: 415m3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    450
    Buddy, sober up and come back with a bike picture. You're embarassing yourself, and giving your fellow dopers a bad name.

    And yes, I voted NO on Jeffgothro in 2012.
    "My Life is violent, but violence is life" - Ice T

    WANTED: A 20" Yeti frameset

  49. #49
    ...
    Reputation: ameybrook's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    1,488
    Jeff describing the law to 413m3. Awesome.


    Why would you own 100 Yugos when you could own 1 Porsche? - Rumpfy



  50. #50
    VRC Hound
    Reputation: bushpig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    4,259
    so, in conclusion, wear clothing and a helmet and don't smoke marijuana if you plan to participate in K-ville.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •