Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 70
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Mountain Cycle Shawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    8,155

    I have a great name for a Titanium bike company.

    It could be the name of the company or the name of a bike that the company makes. A great name can mean everything to a company. With so much competition out there, it takes a company that is doing everything right on many different levels, in order to rise to the top. A good name is just one level. My name is catchy and also has a dual meaning. One of those meanings has something to do with what a lot of bike riders like to do when we are not riding. The other meaning, obviously, has to do with bikes.

    The only thing I ask for, in exchange for my name is a one of your custom Titanium bikes.
    PM me with a link to your website and lets talk!

    I added this from below to explain things a little:
    This is kind of a hobby of mine. Coming up with names, new product ideas or ways to make a product better. So this isn't the first time, or last time, I have done this. Sometimes I get a free product, sometimes I get a licensing fee, sometimes nothing comes of it. I came up with the idea of doing this from a great marketing teacher that I had in college. His name was Jerry Fetch, he did the same thing all the time. it's kinda fun.
    Last edited by Mountain Cycle Shawn; 03-08-2011 at 03:40 PM.
    '96 San Andreas
    '12 Santa Cruz Nickel LT
    '08 KTM 530
    '12 Toyota FJ TT
    '05 MiniCooper S
    '95 Honda HB Si
    '71 Dino 246 GT

  2. #2
    Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Reputation: shiggy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 1998
    Posts
    47,289
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Mountain Cycle Shawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    8,155
    Quote Originally Posted by shiggy
    Hey, what's so funny? Iv'e done this kinda thing before. I'm full of a million ideas!
    '96 San Andreas
    '12 Santa Cruz Nickel LT
    '08 KTM 530
    '12 Toyota FJ TT
    '05 MiniCooper S
    '95 Honda HB Si
    '71 Dino 246 GT

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    87
    One of the funniest posts EVAR!
    Beechwold Cycle Works
    Columbus, OH
    http://beechwoldcycleworks.blogspot.com

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    18

  6. #6
    Framebuilder
    Reputation: Live Wire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    415
    Give it up, nobody will ever be able to top Dick Power.
    http://www.bikecult.com/works/archiv...dpowerTKC.html

  7. #7
    Shop Owner/Frame Builder
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    504
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Cycle Shawn
    It could be the name of the company or the name of a bike that the company makes. A great name can mean everything to a company. With so much competition out there, it takes a company that is doing everything right on many different levels, in order to rise to the top. A good name is just one level. My name is catchy and also has a dual meaning. One of those meanings has something to do with what a lot of bike riders like to do when we are not riding. The other meaning, obviously, has to do with bikes.

    The only thing I ask for, in exchange for my name is a one of your custom Titanium bikes.
    PM me with a link to your website and lets talk!

    Ok deal.

    Once your amazing bike frame name has caused us to sell 100 ti frames per year, you will get your free frame.

    Ok deal?
    CJB
    www.HammerheadBicycles.com
    Austin's dirty little secret

    www.TrueFabricationBicycles.com
    Texas Born; Texas Bred

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Mountain Cycle Shawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    8,155
    Quote Originally Posted by CBaron
    Ok deal.

    Once your amazing bike frame name has caused us to sell 100 ti frames per year, you will get your free frame.

    Ok deal?
    CJB
    A name by itself isn't going to cause you to sell a certain # of items. Like I said in the OP, you have to have a lot going for you on many different levels to be a success. A good name is just one of the many parts. I will take a look at what you make. But, I'm sorry, I won't agree to getting paid, after you sell 100 units/year. If it was based on units, I would ask for a licensing fee.
    Last edited by Mountain Cycle Shawn; 03-08-2011 at 03:33 PM.
    '96 San Andreas
    '12 Santa Cruz Nickel LT
    '08 KTM 530
    '12 Toyota FJ TT
    '05 MiniCooper S
    '95 Honda HB Si
    '71 Dino 246 GT

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation: tamen00's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,024
    I think this is a great idea - however I would feel bad only giving you one custom frame for all your hard work...

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Mountain Cycle Shawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    8,155
    Quote Originally Posted by tamen00
    I think this is a great idea - however I would feel bad only giving you one custom frame for all your hard work...
    I know it's tough, but someones got to do it. It's kind of a hobby of mine. Coming up with names, new product ideas or ways to make a product better. So this isn't the first time, or last time, I have done this. Sometimes I get a free product, sometimes I get a licensing fee, sometimes nothing comes of it. I came up with the idea of doing this from a great marketing teacher that I had in college. His name was Jerry Fetch, he did the same thing all the time. it's kinda fun.
    Last edited by Mountain Cycle Shawn; 03-08-2011 at 02:22 PM.
    '96 San Andreas
    '12 Santa Cruz Nickel LT
    '08 KTM 530
    '12 Toyota FJ TT
    '05 MiniCooper S
    '95 Honda HB Si
    '71 Dino 246 GT

  11. #11
    human dehumidifier
    Reputation: wv_bob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    4,813
    You should make an infomercial
    I Just Wasn't Made For These Times

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Mountain Cycle Shawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    8,155
    Quote Originally Posted by wv_bob
    You should make an infomercial
    About what?
    '96 San Andreas
    '12 Santa Cruz Nickel LT
    '08 KTM 530
    '12 Toyota FJ TT
    '05 MiniCooper S
    '95 Honda HB Si
    '71 Dino 246 GT

  13. #13
    pvd
    pvd is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation: pvd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    2,764
    Is it better than 'Mountain Cycle Shawn'?

    That's some amazing skills you gots.

  14. #14
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    434
    I admire the chudzpah. I'll bet you've got some good stories, what is the most grief you've gotten from a proposal like this and still gotten paid? Or alternately what is the wackiest thing you've come up with that you were able to convert into goods, services or money?

  15. #15
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Mountain Cycle Shawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    8,155
    Quote Originally Posted by pvd
    Is it better than 'Mountain Cycle Shawn'?

    That's some amazing skills you gots.
    I think it's better then pvd, more commenly known as - Peripheral vascular disease.
    '96 San Andreas
    '12 Santa Cruz Nickel LT
    '08 KTM 530
    '12 Toyota FJ TT
    '05 MiniCooper S
    '95 Honda HB Si
    '71 Dino 246 GT

  16. #16
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Mountain Cycle Shawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    8,155
    Quote Originally Posted by j-ro
    I admire the chudzpah. I'll bet you've got some good stories, what is the most grief you've gotten from a proposal like this and still gotten paid? Or alternately what is the wackiest thing you've come up with that you were able to convert into goods, services or money?
    Your 1st ? - Here. Edit - I haven't been paid, so I guess thats not true. I have so many ideas, I have to write them down, or I'll forget them. The only ones I tell, without a non-disclosure agreement are my BF/my financial adviser/financial wizard and my GF. They let me know if my idea is a bad idea.

    Your 2nd ? - All parties involved sign a non-disclosure agreement.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non-disclosure_agreement
    Last edited by Mountain Cycle Shawn; 03-08-2011 at 04:01 PM.
    '96 San Andreas
    '12 Santa Cruz Nickel LT
    '08 KTM 530
    '12 Toyota FJ TT
    '05 MiniCooper S
    '95 Honda HB Si
    '71 Dino 246 GT

  17. #17
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Mountain Cycle Shawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    8,155
    Quote Originally Posted by CBaron
    Ok deal.

    Once your amazing bike frame name has caused us to sell 100 ti frames per year, you will get your free frame.

    Ok deal?
    CJB
    Wouldn't be kinda hard to sell 100 titanium frames/year when you don't offer titanium frames and the frames you do make are made one at a time, in your spare time?
    '96 San Andreas
    '12 Santa Cruz Nickel LT
    '08 KTM 530
    '12 Toyota FJ TT
    '05 MiniCooper S
    '95 Honda HB Si
    '71 Dino 246 GT

  18. #18
    Who turned out the lights
    Reputation: Francis Buxton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    1,102
    I don't think I'd want to name my bike "Malted Hops and Bong Resin". Nice try though.

  19. #19
    Eric the Red
    Reputation: edoz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    437
    Thanks, man. I'm gonna name my company Troll Cycles. I'll be boxing up your frame soon. That was awesome.

  20. #20
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Mountain Cycle Shawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    8,155
    Quote Originally Posted by edoz
    Thanks, man. I'm gonna name my company Troll Cycles. I'll be boxing up your frame soon. That was awesome.
    That would be an appropiate name for you.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_(Internet)

    That was awesome!
    '96 San Andreas
    '12 Santa Cruz Nickel LT
    '08 KTM 530
    '12 Toyota FJ TT
    '05 MiniCooper S
    '95 Honda HB Si
    '71 Dino 246 GT

  21. #21
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Thylacine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    2,224
    I think Titus is already taken?
    No longer member of the bike industry nor society, so don't hassle me.

  22. #22
    mtbr member
    Reputation: D.F.L.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,765
    Sean, if you think your name idea is good, trademark it. The cost is cheap, compared to even a single Ti frame. Who knows what might happen.
    I am ByStickel
    ByStickel Facebook Please take a look.

  23. #23
    Framebuilder
    Reputation: Live Wire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    415
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Cycle Shawn
    I know it's tough, but someones got to do it. It's kind of a hobby of mine. Coming up with names, new product ideas or ways to make a product better..
    And it's just a coincidence that these ideas come to you around 4:20 everyday?

    Edit: I see FB beat me to it...well played!

  24. #24
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Mountain Cycle Shawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    8,155
    Quote Originally Posted by Live Wire
    And it's just a coincidence that these ideas come to you around 4:20 everyday?

    Edit: I see FB beat me to it...well played!
    That's funny and ironic that you say that. Iv'e never gone there (4:20) and never will. I know it's hard to believe. The Sheriff's department didn't believe me either when I was getting into the academy. I almost didn't make it because of that. They kinda had a problem with my under aged GF also.
    '96 San Andreas
    '12 Santa Cruz Nickel LT
    '08 KTM 530
    '12 Toyota FJ TT
    '05 MiniCooper S
    '95 Honda HB Si
    '71 Dino 246 GT

  25. #25
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,028
    What's the name?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •