Thread: I come in peace

mtbr member

I come in peace

Well what you've have done is a banning offence, before you start on others. Glass houses and all that...

And no it's wasn't obvious.

Crazed Country Rebel
    Quote Originally Posted by si@progressivebikes View Post
    I have another login from a while ago, though it was pretty obvious, but i am sorry.

Regards the above mentioning the unanswered email, i might have missed an email or two, but not on purpose, so if anyone needs to contact me with an issue just let me know.

The personal insults re my mother are out of order. I have no need to defend Alan, i have nothing invested in Chumba, have always ordered when i have orders to fulfil.

I ight start another thread to clear a few things up when i get a minute.
    You come across as being very dishonest. In the Brodie thread, you post as Airdrawn and claim "a friend of a friend sells these things" (sic) - when it is you who sells them.

If you look at Airdrawns post history, 95% of his posts are defending Chumba.

This is not cool.
    Stupid, but sometimes witty. Occasionally brilliant. Slow and fat though.

Specialized sucks dong

mtbr member

Really?....

dibbs, before i start on others, what you mean? I deleted what i wrote when i realised. How many posts have there been under that login, not many, though i know i should not have.

The brodie post, was actually just before i started dealing direct with the Ti Holeshots, buts thats a different story.
    So on the Brodie thread you posted from airdrawn first then on the same day you posted as Si and became the distributor....

You got busted and trying to back out of it will just make it worse. Don't insult my intelligence.

The White Jeff W
    Its certainly not unusual or unheard of for a new bike design to have bugs, and its good to hear that Chumba is looking at it and working on a revised linkage, problem is they're telling customers that their problem is a set up issue and not handling problems on their end, or just not responding at all.

Problems happen, how you handle them is what separates good bike companies from former bike companies and Chumba is doing everything wrong.
    No moss...

mtbr member
    Dibbs, i wasn't the guy or the money behind the Ti Holeshots at that exact time, though i knew that i would be dealing with the frames imminently, so it was still out of order i admit.

Don't make it so personal, I wasnt meaning to insult your intelligence, if i did then i am sorry.
    hahahahahahahahahaha. what a flake. man, you are awesome si. that posing as a customer with multiple accounts. i remember when brant accused you of scummy things on a uk forum. guess he was right.

no matter how you try to spin it you were using a sockpuppet account to drum up business and defend your own business interests and now you post a whiny thread that you don't like personal attacks.

here's an idea, don't be a scumbag then.

mtbr member
    Dibbs, i wasn't the guy or the money behind the Ti Holeshots at that exact time, though i knew that i would be dealing with the frames imminently, so it was still out of order i admit.

Don't make it so personal, I wasnt meaning to insult your intelligence, if i did then i am sorry.
    lol, really?!? you can't be serious with that defense

Quote Originally Posted by airdrawn View Post
    A mate of a mate knows the guys who deal with Brodie Bikes over in the UK and they have just taken delivery of the new Ti Holeshot frame and i have to say it looks great!

I think it is designed around 140mm forks with a slack 67.5 HA and long TT.

Don't think you will see many about as numbers are limited, the UK guys only have a handful of frames

mtbr member
    Hi all,

I have not been here for a while as it was getting to much for me and was actually making me stressed, so thought it best to stay away.

In that time i have still sold Chumba frames in the UK, nothing major, its mainly a side job that i do and doesn't really make much money from year to year. Frame sales of the HX1 and HX2 have been good just recently and have also had a few EVO G2 frames.

The EVO G2 does seem to have a few issues, the link hitting the ST before the shock bottoms out, the factory tell me they are looking at how this has happened and looking at a new link or a revision to existing links. So i wait to see what happens.

I have no need to sell Chumba or defend Alan. I have admitted that mistakes have been made at Chumba USA and they have also affected myself and that things should have been handled differently with some of the issues.

The personal attacks re Alan are a disgrace, no person should be subjected to the abuse, photoshopped images name calling etc and now it seems my name is also being mentioned, which i wont stand for.

In my time dealing with Chumba (3 years) i have never had a frame returned, other than damaged in transit, and the only unhappy customers i remember are a couple who i could not supply frame decals to, so in that respect what i read on here is certainly not my experience, though i understand that others feel different, so perhaps you can see why i tried to defend Chumba and add reason to the mad house?

I am sorry that the Chumba name has been dragged down, its a real shame.

I wont hang around and listen to people slag me off, i try my best and thats all i can do.

So, i leave you all in good faith and hope you can chill out and relax.

looks like you try your best to drum up business and protect your brands you sell with your sockpuppet account

Quote Originally Posted by [B
    airdrawn/si@progressivebikes[/B];7342825]A mate of a mate knows the guys who deal with Brodie Bikes over in the UK and they have just taken delivery of the new Ti Holeshot frame and i have to say it looks great!

I think it is designed around 140mm forks with a slack 67.5 HA and long TT.

Don't think you will see many about as numbers are limited, the UK guys only have a handful of frames

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Personal attacks aren't the answer.
    But chumba do need to come on here and answer some of these answers.
    Si you not having any issues is hard to believe I basically tried to do the same as you but all I got was screwed around.

mtbr member
    Bob, fine I'll stop being a scum bag, i have said sorry and it was ill judged of me, hardly makes me a scum bag, but carry on with the personal insults.
    what does it make you then? you are falsely representimg yourself and the products you sell. what would you call that in england then if not a "scumbag"? you posted a thread about the holeshot as a"mate of a mate" leaving out completely that you were actually the distributor for brodie ion that thread and then later posted as "yourself" that the bikes owuld be in stock soon.

in what way can you defend such behaviour? it was an accident?!?

seriously dude, you've shown your true stripes now. duck and run or do whatever you need to do, but there's no doubt you are a lying sack of excrement.

mtbr member

is this out of order too? damn, did you forget again which account you were logged in under?

Quote Originally Posted by airdrawn View Post
    Forgot to mention, the UK importers have a small for sale, check it out here http://www.progressive-bikes.co.uk

mtbr member
    Bob, fine I'll stop being a scum bag, i have said sorry and it was ill judged of me, hardly makes me a scum bag, but carry on with the personal insults.

what do you call this?

Quote Originally Posted by airdrawn/si@progressivebikes View Post
    I didn't weigh the frame myself but i know one of the guys at the UK importers and they told me it was about 5-5.5lb, that was probably a little on the heavy side due to having a headset, seat post and bottom bracket in when they weighed it.

Just asked and they will ship to the states if you were interested.
    you know a guy who distributes them?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by qbert2000 View Post
    what does it make you then? you are falsely representimg yourself and the products you sell. what would you call that in england then if not a "scumbag"? you posted a thread about the holeshot as a"mate of a mate" leaving out completely that you were actually the distributor for brodie ion that thread and then later posted as "yourself" that the bikes owuld be in stock soon.

in what way can you defend such behaviour? it was an accident?!?

seriously dude, you've shown your true stripes now. duck and run or do whatever you need to do, but there's no doubt you are a lying sack of excrement.
    Si is alright. Ya, he stepped in it and got caught but at least he has owned up to it. I expect for people to defend their business interests. I think he has handled the Chumba ***** show pretty well until now. It takes more than that for me to consider someone a scumbag.
    Only two infinite things exist: the universe and stupidity. And, I am unsure of the universe
    - Albert Einstein

gnuH
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ Giggity View Post
    Si is alright. Ya, he stepped in it and got caught but at least he has owned up to it. I expect for people to defend their business interests. I think he has handled the Chumba ***** show pretty well until now. It takes more than that for me to consider someone a scumbag.
    X 2. But unfortunately this is another nail in the Chumba coffin, and qbert & co will think xmas has come early.
    A green bird with a red body. We could look it up in a book. Or we could look up

gnuH
    looks like you try your best to drum up business and protect your brands you sell with your sockpuppet account
    Does being an a-hole all the time come naturally, or do you have to work at it?
    A green bird with a red body. We could look it up in a book. Or we could look up

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwirider View Post
    Does being an a-hole all the time come naturally, or do you have to work at it?
    it's a "consumer" review forum honey, what part is hard to get. the guys a liar and has defended chumba with his real account and then as a consumer sockpuppet account too. he should be banned for that, they've done it to others. i have no problem being an a-hole under my real account. why hide?

why not just let his products and companies he reps speak for themselves? he did seem like an okay guy. you knew he was a rep and could take what he was saying with a grain of salt. posting as a consumer and starting threads for his products under a false account and then even posting in those threads as the distributor is pathetic and should result in both his accounts being closed. what integrity does the guy have? he waved the flag for chumba no matter what. good on him for standing up for chumba when even alan and oscar left him waving in the wind but there's no defence for the sockpuppet $h!t. it's crooked and dishonest and designed to line his pockets based on lies.

AZ
    banned
    What happened to all the posts reffering to si's sock puppet account?

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Chumba has been good to me, sent me my parts for my F5 after a slew of emails but I got them.

mtbr member
    hahahahahahahahahaha. what a flake. man, you are awesome si. that posing as a customer with multiple accounts. i remember when brant accused you of scummy things on a uk forum. guess he was right.

no matter how you try to spin it you were using a sockpuppet account to drum up business and defend your own business interests and now you post a whiny thread that you don't like personal attacks.

here's an idea, don't be a scumbag then.
    i don't think i've accused Si of anything, that was tangobravo

Asshat of the Week Shed Fire : Designing for On-One, Titus and Planet X from Calderdale.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009

I have no need to sell Chumba or defend Alan.
    Strange. After being made aware of your second account, it seems you have been doing just that since 2009

How can you expect to be taken seriously if you feel the need to hide behind a second account? You'd get more respect by growing a set and being up front, rather than BS'ing your way around.

If Chumba were up front from the start and actually made some sort of attempt to answer questions when asked (these were on items I wanted to purchase), then I would still be riding the F5

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by brant View Post
    i don't think i've accused Si of anything, that was tangobravo

Asshat of the Week Shed Fire : Designing for On-One, Titus and Planet X from Calderdale.
    just this

Quote:
    Originally Posted by si@progressivebikes
    Have a close look on most of the manufactures boards, a lot of posters are shops or people who sell and disitribute the bikes, so what?
    But at they the ORIGINAL poster, or just replying to enquiries?
    I think that's the difference from this thread, or some of the ones I've seen from you on STW.
    Designing for Titus USA, On-One and Planet X.

back when he was comparing his touting of products on the forums to yours. but you've never gone as far as starting another account and starting discussion of your products under it to drum up business for yourself, at least as far as i know.

mtbr member
    Ah. Ok. I have jetlag. In Taiwan this week.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by IronHorseWarrior View Post
    Chumba has been good to me, sent me my parts for my F5 after a slew of emails but I got them.
    Really, that's being "good to you". Badgering them with a "slew" of emails - that's what you as a consumer expect and you consider their ultimate reply "good?"

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by brant View Post
    Ah. Ok. I have jetlag. In Taiwan this week.
    no problem. that el guapo deal is awesome btw. glad you guys got involved with titus. things are definitely looking up for the brand now. good luck going forward

aw fiddlestix
    no problem. that el guapo deal is awesome btw. glad you guys got involved with titus. things are definitely looking up for the brand now. good luck going forward
    +1

Keep up the good work.
    WHEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!
    ------__o
    ----_`\<,_
    ---(_)/ (_)