Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tone's View Post
    Id scrap the passion forum all together, its a breeding ground for unicorn milkers, rainbow chasers and candy cotton farters.

Huckin' trails
    Btw, thanks Marp'

I'm now just on the edge of 4 digits infection... Who wanna patt my bun ?
    Quote Originally Posted by NicoleB28 View Post
    topless. that's what all mtb girls do. we go ride, get topless, have pillow fights in the woods, scissor, then ride home!

Axe
    Custom User Title
    Quote Originally Posted by David C View Post
    Btw, thanks Marp'

Nothing like whoring for reps in the bin.

see me rollin, they hatin
    Axe, i dont know whats up with your avatar, but i'm scared and delighted at the same time.

you know, we all COULD be wholesome and talk about rotors and seat posts in the normal threads, but instead, the recycle bin is like that dirty back alley where the creeps choose to hang out

Huckin' trails
    In fact I just got shot down by a rep whore hunter... 5 down
    topless. that's what all mtb girls do. we go ride, get topless, have pillow fights in the woods, scissor, then ride home!

Beer Me!
    Btw, thanks Marp'

well i patted it, but no 4th digit. Guess i am not infected enough yet.

Beer Me!
    Last night i did my first neg rep, with signing my name. We will see what happens there.

Huckin' trails
    Quote Originally Posted by Guerdonian View Post
    well i patted it, but no 4th digit. Guess i am not infected enough yet.
    Well, you've hit it right on. 1001 here

I'll have to go rep some noobs to get trough the rep cycle again and be back soon

R.I.P. Pugsley.
    How very brave of you !
    I hope it won't backfire on you.
    I would like to hand out some more to you all, but i have to give some to others first.

banned
    Last night i did my first neg rep, with signing my name. We will see what happens there.

You guy's crack me up, signing it makes you right or immune to retaliation? What as long as you sign it it's okay? Then to brag about it? What do you expect the outcome to be? Nice contribution to the site.

Huckin' trails
    Quote Originally Posted by roadie scum View Post
    You guy's crack me up, signing it makes you right or immune to retaliation? What as long as you sign it it's okay? Then to brag about it? What do you expect the outcome to be? Nice contribution to the site.
    Well I just gave a neg rep to a user, because I find him to act in an offending way and making fun of others, while he could contribute better to the forums. I've explained it in the comment and end it by : "have a nice day" and signed it with my full user name. I don't consider it as revenge or trolling, since this is exactly why the rep system as been started. To help filter in and out user who contribute in a good or bad way.

Huckin' trails
    Quote Originally Posted by marpilli View Post
    be vewy, vewy quiet.... I'm hunting weppers...

Name:  fudd-1.jpg
Views: 116
Size:  10.9 KB

banned
    Sep 2010

Nothing, just because you think I should keep an opinion to myself about these stupid off topic threads does not mean I'm going to. Your a real asset, lots of great contributions from this crew.

mtbr member
    In fact I just got shot down by a rep whore hunter... 5 down
    Be vewy, vewy quiet.... I'm hunting weppers...

Name:  fudd-1.jpg
Views: 116
Size:  10.9 KB
    Contact information: http://about.me/marpilli

R.I.P. Pugsley.
    Why didn't someone fix that software bug that keeps screwing up the timeline of the posts yet ?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

mtbr member
    Why do people get so upset about rep? It's meaningless...It's nice to have, but I would still post the exact same things with less rep. I really don't get why trolls just go around neg-reppin' errybody but that's a whooooole different conversation.

Beer Me!
    I am on a couple other forums that have "The Sandbox" or "The Lounge" where anything goes, and there is no real limitations to what can be discussed, and it does not have to relate to the websites basis (such as Mountain Bikes). Essentially a playground for goofballs like us. Has this ever been discussed? I guess General is meant for "general things about bikes" so maybe there should be a "general things about anything" sub-forum.

I am guessing that it would be a pain in the ass for whomever moderates that theoretical sub forum, but at least it may clean up other forums by giving us goobers a place to dickkk around.

workin' it Administrator
    I am on a couple other forums that have "The Sandbox" or "The Lounge" where anything goes, and there is no real limitations to what can be discussed, and it does not have to relate to the websites basis (such as Mountain Bikes). Essentially a playground for goofballs like us. Has this ever been discussed? I guess General is meant for "general things about bikes" so maybe there should be a "general things about anything" sub-forum.

I am guessing that it would be a pain in the ass for whomever moderates that theoretical sub forum, but at least it may clean up other forums by giving us goobers a place to dickkk around.
    We had this. It went down in flames and was populated by a subset of the MTBR community that spent little time in any other forum. Once groups from that forum started attacking the other forums, rules were attempted to be installed but it never took and the whole forum ended up being closed.

Seems roadies are pretty good at off topic discussions but mountain bikers seem to lose it. Perhaps too many hits to the head, perhaps just the demographic of mountain biker that participates on an internet forum compared to roadies that participate on an internet forum.

Ultimately this is where we ended up: the occasional conversation in the recycle bin until interest is lost in the thread or we end up closing the thread.
    Try this: HTFU

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by sasquatch rides a SS View Post
    Why do people get so upset about rep? It's meaningless...It's nice to have, but I would still post the exact same things with less rep. I really don't get why trolls just go around neg-reppin' errybody but that's a whooooole different conversation.
    Funny, withing 10 minutes of posting this I got negative repped. "For being a rep whore!" with no signature...cowards.

Beer Me!
    Quote Originally Posted by rockcrusher View Post
    We had this. It went down in flames and was populated by a subset of the MTBR community that spent little time in any other forum. Once groups from that forum started attacking the other forums, rules were attempted to be installed but it never took and the whole forum ended up being closed.

Seems roadies are pretty good at off topic discussions but mountain bikers seem to lose it. Perhaps too many hits to the head, perhaps just the demographic of mountain biker that participates on an internet forum compared to roadies that participate on an internet forum.

Ultimately this is where we ended up: the occasional conversation in the recycle bin until interest is lost in the thread or we end up closing the thread.
    Oh jeeezzz. I figured it was something along these lines. Always a fine line between two serious, and not focused enough. I like to keep things light, and i enjoy the overall "mood" of MTBR, but i could see how things could get out of hand. I only recently ventured out of the Beer subforum, though i have been a long time lurker in the others.

I guess my point is the other forums i am on are so on topic it gets boring fast. A little off topic schinanigans keep it fresh, in moderation.

keeptrollintrollintrollin
    Quote Originally Posted by floydlippencott View Post
    Nothing, just because you think I should keep an opinion to myself about these stupid off topic threads does not mean I'm going to. Your a real asset, lots of great contributions from this crew.
    So... Y u heer... Y u no go bak to playeeng wit yo self :thumbup:

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

hahaah, this is giving me a funny visual. i'm imagining a big pen, where rowdy mtbr's are running around, gnashing teeth and rioting (kind of like the "infected" in 28 days later) and the pen suddenly opens and some of the crazies escape and attack the normal people.

Big B's Trails

you know, we all COULD be wholesome and talk about rotors and seat posts in the normal threads, but instead, the recycle bin is like that dirty back alley where the creeps choose to hang out
    I like being creepy

I dig dirt!

workin' it Administrator
    hahaah, this is giving me a funny visual. i'm imagining a big pen, where rowdy mtbr's are running around, gnashing teeth and rioting (kind of like the "infected" in 28 days later) and the pen suddenly opens and some of the crazies escape and attack the normal people.
    Yes...it was exactly like that. We regrouped in a secret forum, loaded our shotguns, and went back into general population and did a lot of double tapping. Once it was cleaned up we burned the forum to the ground and that was that. Every so often one pops out the woods, drooling and snarling but that is why I carry a cricket bat with me at all time.
    Try this: HTFU

Yes...it was exactly like that. We regrouped in a secret forum, loaded our shotguns, and went back into general population and did a lot of double tapping. Once it was cleaned up we burned the forum to the ground and that was that. Every so often one pops out the woods, drooling and snarling but that is why I carry a cricket bat with me at all time.
    and i'm guessing they look sorta like this:

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast