Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Loudviking View Post
    It's all faceless here, everybody is ten feet tall and carries
    a big stick. I understand what the OP is saying, as I have noticed
    the change also. My rep is generally handed out in the Beginners Forum,
    as they need all the help they can get when they log on here.
    Go against the grain folks, try to be decent.
    +1 except i am only 5'4" and my dog fetches the sticks

Former C-Dale addict
    I ride a bike 'cause the DMV took my license.
    Clever Signature

Titanium junkie
    Posted by Chapped (o) Hole
    Since you asked, all of these newb, poser and *****bag posts are ridiculous. Nothing more than the OP trying to bury his nose up anyone's ass who's willing to agree with him. Bought my first MTB in 89 and I've never felt the urge to classify anyone. We all start somewhere, what's the point? Thanks for your concern.

So you verified his rant, your intelligence is mind boggling.
    Anyone can have an opinion, unless of course it doesn't agree with
    you. Thanks for your response.
    Climb into the sky, never wonder why - Tailgunner
    You're a Tailgunner

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Loudviking View Post
    Posted by Chapped (o) Hole
    Since you asked, all of these newb, poser and *****bag posts are ridiculous. Nothing more than the OP trying to bury his nose up anyone's ass who's willing to agree with him. Bought my first MTB in 89 and I've never felt the urge to classify anyone. We all start somewhere, what's the point? Thanks for your concern.

So you verified his rant, your intelligence is mind boggling.
    Anyone can have an opinion, unless of course it doesn't agree with
    you. Thanks for your response.
    Wow, read the OP again and yeah, I was way off. Sorry and stepping away now.

mtbr member
    People on trails are cool. It's just people on forums that are somewhat obsessed with their e-penis that are the problem.

Axe
    Custom User Title

the half breed devil

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    It's easy to spot the *****es while hanging out here - I thought RoadbikeReview was bad. A lot of you guys make them seem like scholars.

banned
    Yeah, I think I just spotted one.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by roadie scum View Post
    Yeah, I think I just spotted one.
    I should have known better to say that with so much 'rep' in the room. Damn, you're good.

nodejitsu
    Who's trippin? I just repped all y'all that I could.

Huckin' trails
    I think dbags are not gonna last much... I mean, like machos are now obsolete, dbags are gonna turn onto those damn fixies hispters
    Last edited by rockcrusher; 05-16-2012 at 03:39 PM. Reason: annoying ass music
    Quote Originally Posted by NicoleB28 View Post
    topless. that's what all mtb girls do. we go ride, get topless, have pillow fights in the woods, scissor, then ride home!

mtbr member
    Wow, whoever posted the soundtrack to this awesome thread...

Suckin wind like a boss
    Quote Originally Posted by cackalacky View Post
    lol ill +1 this because i cant for the life of me find it ANYWHERE on the page.

banned
    I ride with my dog off leash and I like guns. I also ride a 29er and think 26" wheels are stupid. I also don't yield trail and put pancakes on bunny heads.

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/...cake_bunny.jpg

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by cackalacky View Post
    the music is fantastic

see me rollin, they hatin
    must be a crazy rogue ad on the side. i'm DANCIN over here

Huckin' trails
    Dancing like a boss ! Show me ur moves
    topless. that's what all mtb girls do. we go ride, get topless, have pillow fights in the woods, scissor, then ride home!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by teamhaymaker View Post
    the music is fantastic
    The video is even better...

Suckin wind like a boss
    same deal, but diff music in the "pics from your ride" thread in passion....

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hundun View Post
    Some hang out on bike forums and form cliques to boost their egos by constantly putting down newcomers to the sport and those with less advanced skills, and heaven forbid, budget bikes.

Some of the tactics and mind games they use are
    When a newcomer asks advice on bike purchase within a budget, they immediately say to at least double or triple it.

They act like a five pound difference in bike weights is Earth shattering and quickly dismiss budget bikes as just way too heavy. They are obviously weaklings.

They talk about normal people riding bikes in regular shorts(baggies) and cotton t-shirts as if they are the lowest of life forms.

They act as though their technical terrain(root and rock staircases & such) separates the worthy from the lower life forms. They call those of us that aren't into the technical terrain newbies even though some of us have been riding bikes on trails for 30+ years.

They use their bikes as status symbols and snicker and comment among themselves at others that ride bikes in budget oriented price ranges.

They pose themselves as experts in advice oriented threads interjecting minutia that doesn't even matter to the person that asked for the advice.

They push their personal preferences as the only valid way and dismiss any other way as ignorant; and they will argue, scream, and pound the table over it.

They run up post counts as if they are counting pennies and run around in their cliques repping each other for green chicklets like it's monopoly money.

They show up to the trails with shiny, blingy bikes and strut around in their bike racing attire as if they are the coolest thing in the parking lot.

They get all huffy that the mere normal person would take too long to get out of their way and cause 7 seconds to get added to their average loop time.

They make unfriendly eye contact to let you know that you're not worthy of a greeting or an acknowledgement that you said hello.

Wow, how incredibly perceptive. Welcome to the world. Now look around you and notice that you will see this same kind of behaviour everywhere you go. And if that's all you want to see, then that's all you will see.

Or

You can relegate it to background noise like the meaningless static that it is, ignore it, and go on as if it's not even there because it affects you not in any way. Kind of like that noisy hub that was guaranteed to drive you nuts when it was new that you just don't even notice anymore.
    Last edited by skullcap; 05-16-2012 at 06:22 AM.
    I'm enjoying my childhood way too much to ever give it up.

Ba ba ba bird bird bird
    Music makes this thread EPIC!

Never Forget 9-11
    I find that the ones described by the op are a small minority. A very vocal but small minority.
    It's such a fine line between idiocy and genius.

Axe
    Custom User Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Hundun View Post
    Some hang out on bike forums and form cliques to boost their egos by constantly putting down newcomers to the sport and those with less advanced skills, and heaven forbid, budget bikes.

Some of the tactics and mind games they use are
    When a newcomer asks advice on bike purchase within a budget, they immediately say to at least double or triple it.

They act like a five pound difference in bike weights is Earth shattering and quickly dismiss budget bikes as just way too heavy. They are obviously weaklings.

They talk about normal people riding bikes in regular shorts(baggies) and cotton t-shirts as if they are the lowest of life forms.

They act as though their technical terrain(root and rock staircases & such) separates the worthy from the lower life forms. They call those of us that aren't into the technical terrain newbies even though some of us have been riding bikes on trails for 30+ years.

They use their bikes as status symbols and snicker and comment among themselves at others that ride bikes in budget oriented price ranges.

They pose themselves as experts in advice oriented threads interjecting minutia that doesn't even matter to the person that asked for the advice.

They push their personal preferences as the only valid way and dismiss any other way as ignorant; and they will argue, scream, and pound the table over it.

They run up post counts as if they are counting pennies and run around in their cliques repping each other for green chicklets like it's monopoly money.

They show up to the trails with shiny, blingy bikes and strut around in their bike racing attire as if they are the coolest thing in the parking lot.

They get all huffy that the mere normal person would take too long to get out of their way and cause 7 seconds to get added to their average loop time.

They make unfriendly eye contact to let you know that you're not worthy of a greeting or an acknowledgement that you said hello.
    Did you consider psychotherapy?

AZ
    banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MattC555 View Post
    Music makes this thread EPIC!
    I wish Hutch had better taste in music though.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast