Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    DIY all the way
    Quote Originally Posted by jon777 View Post
    Have you done so successfully yourself? If not, then are you stupid as well? If you like to side with Dirtbag there and be ignorant too then go right ahead. The "stupid" comment was in a different context and if you don't see how that applies, then I guess you are even more stupid...
    Yes I have done so successfully.

....and yes, I sure side with Dirtjunkie, since you can't behave yourself.

You come here asking for help, so how about just a tad humility towards those whom chips in?

Magura

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Magura View Post
    Yes I have done so successfully.

....and yes, I sure side with Dirtjunkie, since you can't behave yourself.

You come here asking for help, so how about just a tad humility towards those whom chips in?

Magura
    A tad humility towards those *who chip ("Whom" is used for the object of the sentence, "who" for the subject. "Those" is plural so you use the plural form of the verb, which is "chip") in? All that you and Dirtbag contributed was ignorance and stupidity. I was never rude to anybody else who had valuable contribution.
    I really really really care about my rep count! Please please please don't negative rep me...it hurts..

Front Range, Colorado
    I came to the forum to ask for suggestions from other people who might have had a successful experience with the same situation. From what I have seen from participating in forums, a lot of people do the same -- that is, come to the forum seeking advice. Is it obsession when someone wants to ask for advice? I've tried two methods since and have indicated that they didn't work. Hardly obsessive at all. It's not like I've labored for days on end to try and fix this.

If my attitude is of a constipated 95 year old man then your attitude is of an incontinent 100 year old woman with Chron's disease and soiling yourself every couple hours. Wait, I've only called you stupid and ignorant? My apologies for not being so thorough. You are also a moron and an imbecile and a c0cksucker.

So Magura jumps up to defend you and now you're doing the same. Hmm.. butt buddies I suppose? If that's your thing then to each his own I guess..
    A tad humility towards those *who chip ("Whom" is used for the object of the sentence, "who" for the subject. "Those" is plural so you use the plural form of the verb, which is "chip") in? All that you and Dirtbag contributed was ignorance and stupidity. I was never rude to anybody else who had valuable contribution.
    No just a constant influx of insults toward me that's all. Backtrack the posts and you will see all I did was ask you a simple question. "OP so what's your progress and what have you tried" you respoond back calling out insults because I missed what you have tried. All I asked for was an overview post from you.
    --------- __o
    ------- _`\<,_
    ------ (*)/ (*)
    ************^^^^^^^^^Rock Garden

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE, View Post
    No just a constant influx of insults toward me that's all. Backtrack the posts and you will see all I did was ask you a simple question. "OP so what's your progress and what have you tried" you respoond back calling out insults because I missed what you have tried. All I asked for was an overview post from you.
    Yeah, no... that's not how you said it. You said,

"Jon the OP so what's the hold up? It's obvious you're dead set on fixing it. There are numerous suggestions on how to patch it. And It's been what a week now. Have you tried anything yet? Wouldn't it be less hassle to just toss it"

And only three posts above yours I said:

"Vinyl Patch not working. I feel like it's just because I'm not roughing up the surface enough for fear of tearing right through the rubber. I might try some really sticky clear tape. Someone suggested Helicopter tape. We'll see how that works."

You don't see how incredibly rude and annoying you came off?
    I really really really care about my rep count! Please please please don't negative rep me...it hurts..

DIY all the way
    Let's see, how is it problem solving generally works......

Problem: Hole in bag.

Define base material.

Define adhesion properties of different adhesives on said material.

Adhesive properties turns out to be less than adequate

Define alternatives

For said material only suitable low tech alternative = welding

Define type of welding that suits properties of previously defined material.

Weld on patch

Problem solved.

Now was that so hard?

Magura

mtbr member

Front Range, Colorado

"Jon the OP so what's the hold up? It's obvious you're dead set on fixing it. There are numerous suggestions on how to patch it. And It's been what a week now. Have you tried anything yet? Wouldn't it be less hassle to just toss it"

"Vinyl Patch not working. I feel like it's just because I'm not roughing up the surface enough for fear of tearing right through the rubber. I might try some really sticky clear tape. Someone suggested Helicopter tape. We'll see how that works."

If you are going to quote me do it accurately. You forgot to add in the little dude winking at you. That was called sarcasm, I tossed in the comment to toss it like many have suggested and added the winky dude to let you know it was off the cuff. After that comment you started in with the insults. I came back still in a joking manner asking for a recap of your progress. You could have simply posted a recap. But you continued to insult and call out names. Here is my exact quote including the little dude winking at you. This was the quote that sent you into this raging insulting lunatic. Which I continued to try to bring you on board with the scarcasm. My quote was this.....
    Jon the OP so what's the hold up? It's obvious you're dead set on fixing it. There are numerous suggestions on how to patch it. And It's been what a week now. Have you tried anything yet? Wouldn't it be less hassle to just toss it.
    Last edited by DIRTJUNKIE; 07-28-2012 at 08:27 AM.
    --------- __o
    ------- _`\<,_
    ------ (*)/ (*)

Front Range, Colorado

If you are going to quote me do it accurately. You forgot to add in the little dude winking at you. That was called sarcasm, I tossed in the comment to toss it like many have suggested and added the winky dude to let you know it was off the cuff. After that comment you started in with the insults. I came back still in a joking manner asking for a recap of your progress. You could have simply posted a recap. But you continued to insult and call out names. Here is my exact quote including the little dude winking at you. This was the quote that sent you into this raging insulting lunatic. Which I continued to try to bring you on board with the scarcasm. My quote was this.....
    Jon the OP so what's the hold up? It's obvious you're dead set on fixing it. There are numerous suggestions on how to patch it. And It's been what a week now. Have you tried anything yet? Wouldn't it be less hassle to just toss it.
    --------- __o
    ------- _`\<,_
    ------ (*)/ (*)

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Oh so the winky thing got missed by my highlighting, whoop dee doo! I don't give a rat's a$$ if you were winking. The fact that you were being sarcastic, and admitting it, is annoying to me. And talk about being accurate. I did not proceed to insult you right away. I responded with, "Have you read the entire thread?" which was my way of suggesting to you to read the entire thread, which at that point was not even two full pages, and you would've gotten the update you wanted. But no, you were like "I'm not gonna scroll up three posts back to read what the OP just typed a few hours ago, I'm gonna be a jacka$$ and insist that he retype everything that he just typed because I'm a lazy fuking a$$hole."

Pale Rider
    Oh so the winky thing got missed by my highlighting, whoop dee doo! I don't give a rat's a$$ if you were winking. The fact that you were being sarcastic, and admitting it, is annoying to me. And talk about being accurate. I did not proceed to insult you right away. I responded with, "Have you read the entire thread?" which was my way of suggesting to you to read the entire thread, which at that point was not even two full pages, and you would've gotten the update you wanted. But no, you were like "I'm not gonna scroll up three posts back to read what the OP just typed a few hours ago, I'm gonna be a jacka$$ and insist that he retype everything that he just typed because I'm a lazy fuking a$$hole."
    Someone needs some anger management.

With my goldfish shorts swimming around my toes.

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by 1of4Horsemen View Post
    Someone needs some anger management.

Well after three pages of bullshi!t from this guy - Dirtbag, who wouldn't be irritated? I'm not angry, just irritated..Did you see any CAPS or exclamation points?

I just talk like this normally..cussing and what not..

Front Range, Colorado
    Oh so the winky thing got missed by my highlighting, whoop dee doo! I don't give a rat's a$$ if you were winking. The fact that you were being sarcastic, and admitting it, is annoying to me. And talk about being accurate. I did not proceed to insult you right away. I responded with, "Have you read the entire thread?" which was my way of suggesting to you to read the entire thread, which at that point was not even two full pages, and you would've gotten the te you wanted. But no, you were like "I'm not gonna scroll up three posts back to read what the OP just typed a few hours ago, I'm gonna be a jacka$$ and insist that he retype everything that he just typed because I'm a lazy fuking a$$hole."
    Hey Jackwagon <<< Look I can insult on par with you. When you responded "did you read the entire thread?" Would it have been too difficult to include read three posts up. Instead you launch into a insulting raging lunitic outburst. That is after 24 hours you are still in that state of mind I'm sorry but it's not my fault your therapist went on vacation. Perhaps next time you should suggest or demand that he have a stand in Dr. next time he takes a vacation. At the very least be sure he supplys you with an adequate amount of your prescription drugs that you have obviously not been taking per doctors orders.
    Last edited by DIRTJUNKIE; 07-28-2012 at 02:43 PM.
    --------- __o
    ------- _`\<,_
    ------ (*)/ (*)

DIY all the way

Magura

Front Range, Colorado
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Magura View Post

Magura
    Classic!!
    --------- __o
    ------- _`\<,_
    ------ (*)/ (*)

Front Range, Colorado
    Oh so the winky thing got missed by my highlighting, whoop dee doo! I don't give a rat's a$$ if you were winking. The fact that you were being sarcastic, and admitting it, is annoying to me. And talk about being accurate. I did not proceed to insult you right away. I responded with, "Have you read the entire thread?" which was my way of suggesting to you to read the entire thread, which at that point was not even two full pages, and you would've gotten the te you wanted. But no, you were like "I'm not gonna scroll up three posts back to read what the OP just typed a few hours ago, I'm gonna be a jacka$$ and insist that he retype everything that he just typed because I'm a lazy fuking a$$hole."
    Hey Jackwagon <<< Look I can insult on par with you. When you responded "did you read the entire thread?" Would it have been too difficult to include read three posts up. Instead you launch into a insulting raging lunitic outburst. That is after 24 hours you are still in that state of mind I'm sorry but it's not my fault your therapist went on vacation. Perhaps next time you should suggest or demand that he have a stand in Dr. next time he takes a vacation. At the very least be sure he supplys you with an adequate amount of your prescription drugs that you have obviously not been taking per doctors orders.
    --------- __o
    ------- _`\<,_
    ------ (*)/ (*)

mtbr member
    If my attitude is of a constipated 95 year old man then your attitude is of an incontinent 100 year old woman with Chron's disease and soiling yourself every couple hours. Wait, I've only called you stupid and ignorant? My apologies for not being so thorough. You are also a moron and an imbecile and a c0cksucker.

So Magura jumps up to defend you and now you're doing the same. Hmm.. butt buddies I suppose? If that's your thing then to each his own I guess..
    Ho-lee cow! You 'been cleaning your reservoirs with bath-salts?
    Contact information: http://about.me/marpilli

Bro
    Where I do my thinking
    Sorry I was under the impression that waterbed patches were vinyl patches. I went to my local Canadian Tire store, asked for a waterbed patch and used that. Thanks for the additional info re: Polyurethane patches and adhesives. That could be the issue.
    So you're Canadian? Do you realize that you shouldn't be genetically able to be mean? Everyone knows that Canadians lack the mean-gene. If you truly have that gene, you should look up the X-Men. They love to have mutants like you, though I'm not sure they take in mean ones.

In any case, you should apologize to Mr. DIRTJUNKIE and Mr. Mr.Magura and everyone else. We're seriously just trying to help.

Have you talked to Mr. Jeep bike guy? He was really good at taking things much too far with cheap items that warranted replacement, rather than repair. You should look him up.

The only difference between you and Jeep guy is that he was simply ignorant of what he was doing, and you're an annoying douchebag.
    I've made some bad decisions like taking the gears off my bike. So here's the warning: Do not as I say, nor as I do.

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Calling me Jackwagon is insulting on par with me? Damn you're weak. A little better on the therapist bit, albeit, overplayed. Nice try though. Maybe you're from the states and that might be why you think that when doctors go on vacation, they don't have someone on-call for them. Or you could just be plain incorrect. Anyway, I love being Canadian and having socialized health care and if I did have a therapist and if he was away on vacation, there would automatically an on-call doctor if I needed more meds. Again, nice attempt on the scenario regardless. In any case, I don't know why I'm still talking to you. I tried to clue you in on your stupidity but I guess it's hard to get through a brick wall. You think I'm rude, I think you're an idiot. Case closed.

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by erik1245 View Post
    So you're Canadian? Do you realize that you shouldn't be genetically able to be mean? Everyone knows that Canadians lack the mean-gene. If you truly have that gene, you should look up the X-Men. They love to have mutants like you, though I'm not sure they take in mean ones.

In any case, you should apologize to Mr. DIRTJUNKIE and Mr. Mr.Magura and everyone else. We're seriously just trying to help.

Have you talked to Mr. Jeep bike guy? He was really good at taking things much too far with cheap items that warranted replacement, rather than repair. You should look him up.

The only difference between you and Jeep guy is that he was simply ignorant of what he was doing, and you're an annoying douchebag.
    Thanks for the stereotype. Maybe because I wasn't born here, I'm a naturalized Canadian. The X-men bit needs a bit of work. Don't quit your day job and keep the stand up gigs for moonlighting. Why should I apologize to Dirtbag and his butt buddy? And to everyone else? For what? Here's my apology = .l.

Bro
    Where I do my thinking
    Thanks for the stereotype. Maybe because I wasn't born here, I'm a naturalized Canadian. The X-men bit needs a bit of work. Don't quit your day job and keep the stand up gigs for moonlighting. Why should I apologize to Dirtbag and his butt buddy? And to everyone else? For what? Here's my apology = .l.
    Your apology would probably work better if it was anatomically correct. Something like this...

Also, I have a friend who's from Ontario. Giving Canadian people crap for being Canadian (in a joking manner) is part of my calling.
    I've made some bad decisions like taking the gears off my bike. So here's the warning: Do not as I say, nor as I do.

Pale Rider
    Quote Originally Posted by erik1245 View Post
    Your apology would probably work better if it was anatomically correct. Something like this...

Also, I have a friend who's from Ontario. Giving Canadian people crap for being Canadian (in a joking manner) is part of my calling.
    Or like this.

With my goldfish shorts swimming around my toes.

mtbr member

Is not amused
    I came to the forum to ask for suggestions from other people who might have had a successful experience with the same situation. From what I have seen from participating in forums, a lot of people do the same -- that is, come to the forum seeking advice. Is it obsession when someone wants to ask for advice? I've tried two methods since and have indicated that they didn't work. Hardly obsessive at all. It's not like I've labored for days on end to try and fix this.

Yip yip yip nope nope nope

mtbr member

mtbr member

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast