Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE, View Post
    Hey now! just joking with you a little. And yes I'm slightly lazy tonight, enough so to not read through the whole thread. Sorry if that offended you. Carry on with your week long "how do you patch" discussion. I was just hoping you could of given me a quick overview of your progress but I guess that was too much to ask for.
    Well if you scroll up a little, even if you don't read the whole 2nd page, which only has 25 posts (not to mention each post has been really short ranging from a few words to a few sentences) minus your two posts...it'd be pretty easy to look for the "overview of my progress"..
    I really really really care about my rep count! Please please please don't negative rep me...it hurts..

Front Range, Colorado
    Quote Originally Posted by jon777 View Post
    Well if you scroll up a little, even if you don't read the whole 2nd page, which only has 25 posts (not to mention each post has been really short ranging from a few words to a few sentences) minus your two posts...it'd be pretty easy to look for the "overview of my progress"..
    Maybe later I will have formed enough interest to actually read enough of the thread to see your progress. All I was asking for (in jest) was an overview in a quick post from you. But you couldn't be curtious enough to give me that. But rather than typing up an overview you chose to type up insulting responses to my simple question.
    --------- __o
    ------- _`\<,_
    ------ (*)/ (*)
    ************^^^^^^^^^Rock Garden

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Maybe later I will have formed enough interest to actually read enough of the thread to see your progress. All I was asking for (in jest) was an overview in a quick post from you. But you couldn't be curtious enough to give me that. But rather than typing up an overview you chose to type up insulting responses to my simple question.
    So you're too lazy to actually read a 2 page thread with short responses for each post that any 11 year old could skim through to read only the bits they were interested in, and then proceed to ask me to retype statements that I have already typed only a few posts back, and blame me for being discourteous? Don't read it if you haven't "formed enough interest" but lazy fools who can't skim a 2 page thread need to be insulted.. it's like a stupid wannabe entrepreneur who goes to Kevin O'Leary with a stupid valuation for his business crying over why Kevin was being mean to him. Don't be stupid to begin with and you won't get a mean response.
    I really really really care about my rep count! Please please please don't negative rep me...it hurts..

mtbr member
    IDK, I've used a Tear Away vinyl patch kit and it worked fine. I used the type B patch, cut it to fit, and followed the instructions. No hassle. No idea why you're having trouble. Good luck.
    I'm enjoying my childhood way too much to ever give it up.

Diggity Dog
    And I did as I mentioned 23 hours ago.
    I only read you had tried a vinyl patch. No mention of a waterbed patch that I could find. Apologies if I missed it.

There are polyurethane patches made out of polyurethane for other materials and patches made to patch polyurethane (waterbed for instance). The adhesive has to be made to stick to polyurethane.

Anyway good luck. You're putting way more effort into it than most would.

undercover brother
    Quote Originally Posted by ecub View Post
    I would worry about chemicals leaking into the water you drink. I would use aquarium glue. If it's safe for fish, then it's safe for you.
    I work as a chemist in a chemical plant, and I don't exactly agree with your logic here...

undercover brother
    But I would use super glue and a patch kit. Any chemicals that would leak into the water would be such a low concentration that it will not have any adverse effect on you. Believe me, the plant I work at, we make Food dyes, and you'd be pretty uneasy if you knew the stuff that was in the food you eat. But its at such a low concentration there is no reaction with anything in your body. Of course it all gets certified through the FDA, but any impurities must be below a certain spec. Anyways, basically what I'm getting at, is using super glue or any resin in a small amount will not effect you in any way.

Warrior's Society
    There's a number of bad reviews about this product not holding up but that may be due to inadequate prep. I'm curious to try this because it seems like you use sandpaper to rough up your surface instead of the metal grater thing that is supplied with most patch kits, and it has a pre-applied adhesive on the patch. On the other hand, I might just try roughing up with sandpaper first and patching with my current patch kit and see how that goes.

So stop worrying about roughing up too much.......what is the worst that happens? At thi point it is not usable.......if you rough it up too much and the patch doesn't work.....it is still unusable.

Seems to be waaaaaayyyyy too much effort going into this.
    I crashed hard enough on my Tallboy to break my leg,
    The carbon is way more durable than most people.

Front Range, Colorado
    Quote Originally Posted by OGWGFIWRT View Post
    I only read you had tried a vinyl patch. No mention of a waterbed patch that I could find. Apologies if I missed it.

There are polyurethane patches made out of polyurethane for other materials and patches made to patch polyurethane (waterbed for instance). The adhesive has to be made to stick to polyurethane.

Be careful how you respond, he's very touchy about repeating anything previously said.
    --------- __o
    ------- _`\<,_
    ------ (*)/ (*)

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    You can use Tear-aid. For Polyurethane, you need to use type A.
    TEAR-AID - repairs tears and holes IN ALMOST ANYTHING! UK Seller

DIY all the way
    Don't be stupid to begin with
    Said the guy who seems unable to figure how to weld a patch on a bag

Magura

Front Range, Colorado
    Quote Originally Posted by Halfstep View Post

Are you sure this advice hasn't been given already. Make sure to do a thorough read of every word in the thread before responding. Otherwise a sh*t storm will insue via the OP.
    Last edited by DIRTJUNKIE; 07-27-2012 at 02:38 PM.
    --------- __o
    ------- _`\<,_
    ------ (*)/ (*)

mtbr member
    ShooGoo (Goop) is wonderful stuff, and was suggested early. It is like a super-tough silicone, very tenacious. Put a solid button over the dried hole.

(I also concur w the chemist. And that said I would go a mile further, and put a swipe inside, for me. But the outside dollop is probably enough.)

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by OGWGFIWRT View Post

Sorry I was under the impression that waterbed patches were vinyl patches. I went to my local Canadian Tire store, asked for a waterbed patch and used that. Thanks for the additional info re: Polyurethane patches and adhesives. That could be the issue.

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by tangaroo View Post
    But I would use super glue and a patch kit. Any chemicals that would leak into the water would be such a low concentration that it will not have any adverse effect on you. Believe me, the plant I work at, we make Food dyes, and you'd be pretty uneasy if you knew the stuff that was in the food you eat. But its at such a low concentration there is no reaction with anything in your body. Of course it all gets certified through the FDA, but any impurities must be below a certain spec. Anyways, basically what I'm getting at, is using super glue or any resin in a small amount will not effect you in any way.
    Yes, I agree with you. I don't think that with such a small concentration, anything seriously adverse will happen. I am a health professional and I think our bodies have a certain capability have handling things..

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbikej View Post
    So stop worrying about roughing up too much.......what is the worst that happens? At thi point it is not usable.......if you rough it up too much and the patch doesn't work.....it is still unusable.

Seems to be waaaaaayyyyy too much effort going into this.
    The difference is that if I am careful with how I do the patch work, I can maybe fix the small pinhole leak. But if I am careless and make a bigger hole, then it would be wrecked to a greater degree which would make repair unfeasible anymore.

Like I said, I'm just doing it for fun and I'm not really stressing about whether or not I eventually fix it. It's an extra reservoir. I'm just of the opinion that if I can fix something rather than throwing it away, then I can make good use of it. Just because I am on the forums typing a few posts here and there, used an inner tube to patch it once, and then went to a store to buy another type of patch and then try to use that.. all in all, I don't think I've put "waaaaayyyy too much effort". I guess some people are just less industrious than I am with certain things..

mtbr member
    Mar 2008

Cool-blue Rhythm

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Magura View Post
    Said the guy who seems unable to figure how to weld a patch on a bag

Magura
    Have you done so successfully yourself? If not, then are you stupid as well? If you like to side with Dirtbag there and be ignorant too then go right ahead. The "stupid" comment was in a different context and if you don't see how that applies, then I guess you are even more stupid...

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Halfstep View Post
    Thanks.

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Are you sure this advice hasn't been given already. Make sure to do a thorough read of every word in the thread before responding. Otherwise a sh*t storm will insue via the OP.
    Boy, you really have poor comprehension eh? Never gave you or anyone shi!t for repeating a suggestion that was already given. You asked me to summarize what I have already done because you were too lazy to scroll up and get the information you just asked for, which I had just typed a few posts back.

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by grandsalmon View Post
    ShooGoo (Goop) is wonderful stuff, and was suggested early. It is like a super-tough silicone, very tenacious. Put a solid button over the dried hole.

(I also concur w the chemist. And that said I would go a mile further, and put a swipe inside, for me. But the outside dollop is probably enough.)
    Thanks. You mean like a shirt button? Just use it like a patch? I don't know if I'd wanna swipe it inside, seems like unnecessary extra exposure of the water to the glue. But if it hardens up well enough, then it probably won't leech anything into the water.

mtbr member
    Just make sure you go beyond the hole by 1/2 inch, 1/8 thick smear minimum, and immediately place away -flat, for 24hrs so it will dry flat and smooth.

Front Range, Colorado
    Boy, you really have poor comprehension eh? Never gave you or anyone shi!t for repeating a suggestion that was already given. You asked me to summarize what I have already done because you were too lazy to scroll up and get the information you just asked for, which I had just typed a few posts back.
    I managed to scroll up far enough to be quite impressed with your name calling. Your attitude is of a constipated 95 year old man. So far you have managed to call me stupid ignorant and insulted my screen name as dirtbag. Then you proceed to call Magura ignorant and stupid as well. What could one expect from such a huge problem solving brain as yours. Hell it's only been 10 days of a pin sized bladder hole obsession.
    Cheers!
    --------- __o
    ------- _`\<,_
    ------ (*)/ (*)

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    I managed to scroll up far enough to be quite impressed with your name calling. Your attitude is of a constipated 95 year old man. So far you have managed to call me stupid ignorant and insulted my screen name as dirtbag. Then you proceed to call Magura ignorant and stupid as well. What could one expect from such a huge problem solving brain as yours. Hell it's only been 10 days of a pin sized bladder hole obsession.
    Cheers!
    I came to the forum to ask for suggestions from other people who might have had a successful experience with the same situation. From what I have seen from participating in forums, a lot of people do the same -- that is, come to the forum seeking advice. Is it obsession when someone wants to ask for advice? I've tried two methods since and have indicated that they didn't work. Hardly obsessive at all. It's not like I've labored for days on end to try and fix this.

If my attitude is of a constipated 95 year old man then your attitude is of an incontinent 100 year old woman with Chron's disease and soiling yourself every couple hours. Wait, I've only called you stupid and ignorant? My apologies for not being so thorough. You are also a moron and an imbecile and a c0cksucker.

So Magura jumps up to defend you and now you're doing the same. Hmm.. butt buddies I suppose? If that's your thing then to each his own I guess..

Front Range, Colorado
    I came to the forum to ask for suggestions from other people who might have had a successful experience with the same situation. From what I have seen from participating in forums, a lot of people do the same -- that is, come to the forum seeking advice. Is it obsession when someone wants to ask for advice? I've tried two methods since and have indicated that they didn't work. Hardly obsessive at all. It's not like I've labored for days on end to try and fix this.

If my attitude is of a constipated 95 year old man then your attitude is of an incontinent 100 year old woman with Chron's disease and soiling yourself every couple hours. Wait, I've only called you stupid and ignorant? My apologies for not being so thorough. You are also a moron and an imbecile and a c0cksucker.

So Magura jumps up to defend you and now you're doing the same. Hmm.. butt buddies I suppose? If that's your thing then to each his own I guess..
    Wow that's not much of an apology little Jon Jon. Perhaps you should read the posting guide line. Thou shall not call others names
    Thou shall not walk into another posters fist face first.
    Thou shall not hide behind a keyboard when they have no idea what they are getting into.
    Thou shall act in a civilized manner when asked a simple question.
    Thou shall develop a sense of humor.
    Thou shall pull ones stick out of ones ass before typing a response.
    Thou shall not go onto mtbr in complete coma as to how the world operates.
    Thou shall try to act in a civilized way and double check ones post before submitting.
    Thou shall not accuse others of being in cahoots when they have never met
    Last edited by DIRTJUNKIE; 07-31-2012 at 05:37 PM.
    --------- __o
    ------- _`\<,_
    ------ (*)/ (*)

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Wow that's not much of an apology little Jon Jon. Perhaps you should read the posting guide line. Thou shall not call others names
    Thou shall not walk into another posters fist face first.
    Thou shall not hide behind a keyboard when they have no idea what they are getting into.
    Thou shall act in a civilized manner when asked a simple question.
    Thou shall develop a sense of humor.
    Thou shall pull ones stick out of ones ass before typing a response.
    Thou shall not go onto mtbr in complete coma as to how the world operates.
    Thou shall try to act in a civilized way and double check ones post before suba
    Thou shall not accuse others of being in cahoots when they have never met
    Who said I was apologizing? Walk into another posters fist face first? LOL Hide behind a keyboard? LOL

Here's what I think of your "commandments". -- .l.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast