Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 51 to 100 of 110
  1. #51
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    229
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE, View Post
    Hey now! just joking with you a little. And yes I'm slightly lazy tonight, enough so to not read through the whole thread. Sorry if that offended you. Carry on with your week long "how do you patch" discussion. I was just hoping you could of given me a quick overview of your progress but I guess that was too much to ask for.
    Well if you scroll up a little, even if you don't read the whole 2nd page, which only has 25 posts (not to mention each post has been really short ranging from a few words to a few sentences) minus your two posts...it'd be pretty easy to look for the "overview of my progress"..
    I really really really care about my rep count! Please please please don't negative rep me...it hurts..

  2. #52
    Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Reputation: DIRTJUNKIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    27,337
    Quote Originally Posted by jon777 View Post
    Well if you scroll up a little, even if you don't read the whole 2nd page, which only has 25 posts (not to mention each post has been really short ranging from a few words to a few sentences) minus your two posts...it'd be pretty easy to look for the "overview of my progress"..
    Maybe later I will have formed enough interest to actually read enough of the thread to see your progress. All I was asking for (in jest) was an overview in a quick post from you. But you couldn't be curtious enough to give me that. But rather than typing up an overview you chose to type up insulting responses to my simple question.
    Front Range, Colorado.

  3. #53
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    229
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE, View Post
    Maybe later I will have formed enough interest to actually read enough of the thread to see your progress. All I was asking for (in jest) was an overview in a quick post from you. But you couldn't be curtious enough to give me that. But rather than typing up an overview you chose to type up insulting responses to my simple question.
    So you're too lazy to actually read a 2 page thread with short responses for each post that any 11 year old could skim through to read only the bits they were interested in, and then proceed to ask me to retype statements that I have already typed only a few posts back, and blame me for being discourteous? Don't read it if you haven't "formed enough interest" but lazy fools who can't skim a 2 page thread need to be insulted.. it's like a stupid wannabe entrepreneur who goes to Kevin O'Leary with a stupid valuation for his business crying over why Kevin was being mean to him. Don't be stupid to begin with and you won't get a mean response.
    I really really really care about my rep count! Please please please don't negative rep me...it hurts..

  4. #54
    mtbr member
    Reputation: skullcap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    923
    IDK, I've used a Tear Away vinyl patch kit and it worked fine. I used the type B patch, cut it to fit, and followed the instructions. No hassle. No idea why you're having trouble. Good luck.
    I'm enjoying my childhood way too much to ever give it up.

  5. #55
    Diggity Dog
    Reputation: ShinDiggity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    467
    Quote Originally Posted by jon777 View Post
    And I did as I mentioned 23 hours ago.
    I only read you had tried a vinyl patch. No mention of a waterbed patch that I could find. Apologies if I missed it.

    There are polyurethane patches made out of polyurethane for other materials and patches made to patch polyurethane (waterbed for instance). The adhesive has to be made to stick to polyurethane.

    Anyway good luck. You're putting way more effort into it than most would.

  6. #56
    undercover brother
    Reputation: tangaroo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    877
    Quote Originally Posted by ecub View Post
    I would worry about chemicals leaking into the water you drink. I would use aquarium glue. If it's safe for fish, then it's safe for you.
    I work as a chemist in a chemical plant, and I don't exactly agree with your logic here...

  7. #57
    undercover brother
    Reputation: tangaroo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    877
    But I would use super glue and a patch kit. Any chemicals that would leak into the water would be such a low concentration that it will not have any adverse effect on you. Believe me, the plant I work at, we make Food dyes, and you'd be pretty uneasy if you knew the stuff that was in the food you eat. But its at such a low concentration there is no reaction with anything in your body. Of course it all gets certified through the FDA, but any impurities must be below a certain spec. Anyways, basically what I'm getting at, is using super glue or any resin in a small amount will not effect you in any way.

  8. #58
    Warrior's Society
    Reputation: mtnbikej's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Posts
    6,562
    Quote Originally Posted by jon777 View Post
    There's a number of bad reviews about this product not holding up but that may be due to inadequate prep. I'm curious to try this because it seems like you use sandpaper to rough up your surface instead of the metal grater thing that is supplied with most patch kits, and it has a pre-applied adhesive on the patch. On the other hand, I might just try roughing up with sandpaper first and patching with my current patch kit and see how that goes.

    So stop worrying about roughing up too much.......what is the worst that happens? At thi point it is not usable.......if you rough it up too much and the patch doesn't work.....it is still unusable.

    Seems to be waaaaaayyyyy too much effort going into this.
    I resolve to constantly assert my honest opinion on anything and everything - whether it is requested or not.
    Bucky the Cat

  9. #59
    Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Reputation: DIRTJUNKIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    27,337
    Quote Originally Posted by OGWGFIWRT View Post
    I only read you had tried a vinyl patch. No mention of a waterbed patch that I could find. Apologies if I missed it.

    There are polyurethane patches made out of polyurethane for other materials and patches made to patch polyurethane (waterbed for instance). The adhesive has to be made to stick to polyurethane.

    Anyway good luck. You're putting way more effort into it than most would.
    Be careful how you respond, he's very touchy about repeating anything previously said.
    Front Range, Colorado.

  10. #60
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    44
    You can use Tear-aid. For Polyurethane, you need to use type A.
    TEAR-AID - repairs tears and holes IN ALMOST ANYTHING! UK Seller

  11. #61
    DIY all the way
    Reputation: Mr.Magura's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    2,111
    Quote Originally Posted by jon777 View Post
    Don't be stupid to begin with
    Said the guy who seems unable to figure how to weld a patch on a bag


    Magura

  12. #62
    Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Reputation: DIRTJUNKIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    27,337
    Quote Originally Posted by Halfstep View Post
    You can use Tear-aid. For Polyurethane, you need to use type A.
    TEAR-AID - repairs tears and holes IN ALMOST ANYTHING! UK Seller

    Are you sure this advice hasn't been given already. Make sure to do a thorough read of every word in the thread before responding. Otherwise a sh*t storm will insue via the OP.
    Last edited by DIRTJUNKIE; 07-27-2012 at 03:38 PM.
    Front Range, Colorado.

  13. #63
    mtbr member
    Reputation: grandsalmon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,018
    ShooGoo (Goop) is wonderful stuff, and was suggested early. It is like a super-tough silicone, very tenacious. Put a solid button over the dried hole.

    (I also concur w the chemist. And that said I would go a mile further, and put a swipe inside, for me. But the outside dollop is probably enough.)

  14. #64
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    229
    Quote Originally Posted by OGWGFIWRT View Post
    I only read you had tried a vinyl patch. No mention of a waterbed patch that I could find. Apologies if I missed it.

    There are polyurethane patches made out of polyurethane for other materials and patches made to patch polyurethane (waterbed for instance). The adhesive has to be made to stick to polyurethane.

    Anyway good luck. You're putting way more effort into it than most would.
    Sorry I was under the impression that waterbed patches were vinyl patches. I went to my local Canadian Tire store, asked for a waterbed patch and used that. Thanks for the additional info re: Polyurethane patches and adhesives. That could be the issue.
    I really really really care about my rep count! Please please please don't negative rep me...it hurts..

  15. #65
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    229
    Quote Originally Posted by tangaroo View Post
    But I would use super glue and a patch kit. Any chemicals that would leak into the water would be such a low concentration that it will not have any adverse effect on you. Believe me, the plant I work at, we make Food dyes, and you'd be pretty uneasy if you knew the stuff that was in the food you eat. But its at such a low concentration there is no reaction with anything in your body. Of course it all gets certified through the FDA, but any impurities must be below a certain spec. Anyways, basically what I'm getting at, is using super glue or any resin in a small amount will not effect you in any way.
    Yes, I agree with you. I don't think that with such a small concentration, anything seriously adverse will happen. I am a health professional and I think our bodies have a certain capability have handling things..
    I really really really care about my rep count! Please please please don't negative rep me...it hurts..

  16. #66
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    229
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbikej View Post
    So stop worrying about roughing up too much.......what is the worst that happens? At thi point it is not usable.......if you rough it up too much and the patch doesn't work.....it is still unusable.

    Seems to be waaaaaayyyyy too much effort going into this.
    The difference is that if I am careful with how I do the patch work, I can maybe fix the small pinhole leak. But if I am careless and make a bigger hole, then it would be wrecked to a greater degree which would make repair unfeasible anymore.

    Like I said, I'm just doing it for fun and I'm not really stressing about whether or not I eventually fix it. It's an extra reservoir. I'm just of the opinion that if I can fix something rather than throwing it away, then I can make good use of it. Just because I am on the forums typing a few posts here and there, used an inner tube to patch it once, and then went to a store to buy another type of patch and then try to use that.. all in all, I don't think I've put "waaaaayyyy too much effort". I guess some people are just less industrious than I am with certain things..
    I really really really care about my rep count! Please please please don't negative rep me...it hurts..

  17. #67
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    229

    Cool-blue Rhythm

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Magura View Post
    Said the guy who seems unable to figure how to weld a patch on a bag


    Magura
    Have you done so successfully yourself? If not, then are you stupid as well? If you like to side with Dirtbag there and be ignorant too then go right ahead. The "stupid" comment was in a different context and if you don't see how that applies, then I guess you are even more stupid...
    I really really really care about my rep count! Please please please don't negative rep me...it hurts..

  18. #68
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    229
    Quote Originally Posted by Halfstep View Post
    You can use Tear-aid. For Polyurethane, you need to use type A.
    TEAR-AID - repairs tears and holes IN ALMOST ANYTHING! UK Seller
    Thanks.
    I really really really care about my rep count! Please please please don't negative rep me...it hurts..

  19. #69
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    229
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE, View Post
    Are you sure this advice hasn't been given already. Make sure to do a thorough read of every word in the thread before responding. Otherwise a sh*t storm will insue via the OP.
    Boy, you really have poor comprehension eh? Never gave you or anyone shi!t for repeating a suggestion that was already given. You asked me to summarize what I have already done because you were too lazy to scroll up and get the information you just asked for, which I had just typed a few posts back.
    I really really really care about my rep count! Please please please don't negative rep me...it hurts..

  20. #70
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    229
    Quote Originally Posted by grandsalmon View Post
    ShooGoo (Goop) is wonderful stuff, and was suggested early. It is like a super-tough silicone, very tenacious. Put a solid button over the dried hole.

    (I also concur w the chemist. And that said I would go a mile further, and put a swipe inside, for me. But the outside dollop is probably enough.)
    Thanks. You mean like a shirt button? Just use it like a patch? I don't know if I'd wanna swipe it inside, seems like unnecessary extra exposure of the water to the glue. But if it hardens up well enough, then it probably won't leech anything into the water.
    I really really really care about my rep count! Please please please don't negative rep me...it hurts..

  21. #71
    mtbr member
    Reputation: grandsalmon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,018
    Just make sure you go beyond the hole by 1/2 inch, 1/8 thick smear minimum, and immediately place away -flat, for 24hrs so it will dry flat and smooth.

  22. #72
    Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Reputation: DIRTJUNKIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    27,337
    Quote Originally Posted by jon777 View Post
    Boy, you really have poor comprehension eh? Never gave you or anyone shi!t for repeating a suggestion that was already given. You asked me to summarize what I have already done because you were too lazy to scroll up and get the information you just asked for, which I had just typed a few posts back.
    I managed to scroll up far enough to be quite impressed with your name calling. Your attitude is of a constipated 95 year old man. So far you have managed to call me stupid ignorant and insulted my screen name as dirtbag. Then you proceed to call Magura ignorant and stupid as well. What could one expect from such a huge problem solving brain as yours. Hell it's only been 10 days of a pin sized bladder hole obsession.
    Cheers!
    Front Range, Colorado.

  23. #73
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    229
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE, View Post
    I managed to scroll up far enough to be quite impressed with your name calling. Your attitude is of a constipated 95 year old man. So far you have managed to call me stupid ignorant and insulted my screen name as dirtbag. Then you proceed to call Magura ignorant and stupid as well. What could one expect from such a huge problem solving brain as yours. Hell it's only been 10 days of a pin sized bladder hole obsession.
    Cheers!
    I came to the forum to ask for suggestions from other people who might have had a successful experience with the same situation. From what I have seen from participating in forums, a lot of people do the same -- that is, come to the forum seeking advice. Is it obsession when someone wants to ask for advice? I've tried two methods since and have indicated that they didn't work. Hardly obsessive at all. It's not like I've labored for days on end to try and fix this.

    If my attitude is of a constipated 95 year old man then your attitude is of an incontinent 100 year old woman with Chron's disease and soiling yourself every couple hours. Wait, I've only called you stupid and ignorant? My apologies for not being so thorough. You are also a moron and an imbecile and a c0cksucker.

    So Magura jumps up to defend you and now you're doing the same. Hmm.. butt buddies I suppose? If that's your thing then to each his own I guess..
    I really really really care about my rep count! Please please please don't negative rep me...it hurts..

  24. #74
    Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Reputation: DIRTJUNKIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    27,337
    Quote Originally Posted by jon777 View Post
    I came to the forum to ask for suggestions from other people who might have had a successful experience with the same situation. From what I have seen from participating in forums, a lot of people do the same -- that is, come to the forum seeking advice. Is it obsession when someone wants to ask for advice? I've tried two methods since and have indicated that they didn't work. Hardly obsessive at all. It's not like I've labored for days on end to try and fix this.

    If my attitude is of a constipated 95 year old man then your attitude is of an incontinent 100 year old woman with Chron's disease and soiling yourself every couple hours. Wait, I've only called you stupid and ignorant? My apologies for not being so thorough. You are also a moron and an imbecile and a c0cksucker.

    So Magura jumps up to defend you and now you're doing the same. Hmm.. butt buddies I suppose? If that's your thing then to each his own I guess..
    Wow that's not much of an apology little Jon Jon. Perhaps you should read the posting guide line. Thou shall not call others names
    Thou shall not walk into another posters fist face first.
    Thou shall not hide behind a keyboard when they have no idea what they are getting into.
    Thou shall act in a civilized manner when asked a simple question.
    Thou shall develop a sense of humor.
    Thou shall pull ones stick out of ones ass before typing a response.
    Thou shall not go onto mtbr in complete coma as to how the world operates.
    Thou shall try to act in a civilized way and double check ones post before submitting.
    Thou shall not accuse others of being in cahoots when they have never met
    Last edited by DIRTJUNKIE; 07-31-2012 at 06:37 PM.
    Front Range, Colorado.

  25. #75
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    229
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE, View Post
    Wow that's not much of an apology little Jon Jon. Perhaps you should read the posting guide line. Thou shall not call others names
    Thou shall not walk into another posters fist face first.
    Thou shall not hide behind a keyboard when they have no idea what they are getting into.
    Thou shall act in a civilized manner when asked a simple question.
    Thou shall develop a sense of humor.
    Thou shall pull ones stick out of ones ass before typing a response.
    Thou shall not go onto mtbr in complete coma as to how the world operates.
    Thou shall try to act in a civilized way and double check ones post before suba
    Thou shall not accuse others of being in cahoots when they have never met
    Who said I was apologizing? Walk into another posters fist face first? LOL Hide behind a keyboard? LOL

    Here's what I think of your "commandments". -- .l.
    I really really really care about my rep count! Please please please don't negative rep me...it hurts..

  26. #76
    DIY all the way
    Reputation: Mr.Magura's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    2,111
    Quote Originally Posted by jon777 View Post
    Have you done so successfully yourself? If not, then are you stupid as well? If you like to side with Dirtbag there and be ignorant too then go right ahead. The "stupid" comment was in a different context and if you don't see how that applies, then I guess you are even more stupid...
    Yes I have done so successfully.

    ....and yes, I sure side with Dirtjunkie, since you can't behave yourself.

    You come here asking for help, so how about just a tad humility towards those whom chips in?

    Magura

  27. #77
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    229
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Magura View Post
    Yes I have done so successfully.

    ....and yes, I sure side with Dirtjunkie, since you can't behave yourself.

    You come here asking for help, so how about just a tad humility towards those whom chips in?

    Magura
    A tad humility towards those *who chip ("Whom" is used for the object of the sentence, "who" for the subject. "Those" is plural so you use the plural form of the verb, which is "chip") in? All that you and Dirtbag contributed was ignorance and stupidity. I was never rude to anybody else who had valuable contribution.
    I really really really care about my rep count! Please please please don't negative rep me...it hurts..

  28. #78
    Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Reputation: DIRTJUNKIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    27,337
    Quote Originally Posted by jon777 View Post
    I came to the forum to ask for suggestions from other people who might have had a successful experience with the same situation. From what I have seen from participating in forums, a lot of people do the same -- that is, come to the forum seeking advice. Is it obsession when someone wants to ask for advice? I've tried two methods since and have indicated that they didn't work. Hardly obsessive at all. It's not like I've labored for days on end to try and fix this.

    If my attitude is of a constipated 95 year old man then your attitude is of an incontinent 100 year old woman with Chron's disease and soiling yourself every couple hours. Wait, I've only called you stupid and ignorant? My apologies for not being so thorough. You are also a moron and an imbecile and a c0cksucker.

    So Magura jumps up to defend you and now you're doing the same. Hmm.. butt buddies I suppose? If that's your thing then to each his own I guess..
    Quote Originally Posted by jon777 View Post
    A tad humility towards those *who chip ("Whom" is used for the object of the sentence, "who" for the subject. "Those" is plural so you use the plural form of the verb, which is "chip") in? All that you and Dirtbag contributed was ignorance and stupidity. I was never rude to anybody else who had valuable contribution.
    No just a constant influx of insults toward me that's all. Backtrack the posts and you will see all I did was ask you a simple question. "OP so what's your progress and what have you tried" you respoond back calling out insults because I missed what you have tried. All I asked for was an overview post from you.
    Front Range, Colorado.

  29. #79
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    229
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE, View Post
    No just a constant influx of insults toward me that's all. Backtrack the posts and you will see all I did was ask you a simple question. "OP so what's your progress and what have you tried" you respoond back calling out insults because I missed what you have tried. All I asked for was an overview post from you.
    Yeah, no... that's not how you said it. You said,

    "Jon the OP so what's the hold up? It's obvious you're dead set on fixing it. There are numerous suggestions on how to patch it. And It's been what a week now. Have you tried anything yet? Wouldn't it be less hassle to just toss it"

    And only three posts above yours I said:

    "Vinyl Patch not working. I feel like it's just because I'm not roughing up the surface enough for fear of tearing right through the rubber. I might try some really sticky clear tape. Someone suggested Helicopter tape. We'll see how that works."

    You don't see how incredibly rude and annoying you came off?
    I really really really care about my rep count! Please please please don't negative rep me...it hurts..

  30. #80
    DIY all the way
    Reputation: Mr.Magura's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    2,111
    Let's see, how is it problem solving generally works......

    Problem: Hole in bag.

    Define base material.

    Define adhesion properties of different adhesives on said material.

    Adhesive properties turns out to be less than adequate

    Define alternatives

    For said material only suitable low tech alternative = welding

    Define type of welding that suits properties of previously defined material.

    Weld on patch

    Problem solved.



    Now was that so hard?



    Magura

  31. #81
    mtbr member
    Reputation: SeaBass_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    2,017

  32. #82
    Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Reputation: DIRTJUNKIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    27,337
    Quote Originally Posted by jon777 View Post
    Yeah, no... that's not how you said it. You said,

    "Jon the OP so what's the hold up? It's obvious you're dead set on fixing it. There are numerous suggestions on how to patch it. And It's been what a week now. Have you tried anything yet? Wouldn't it be less hassle to just toss it"

    And only three posts above yours I said:

    "Vinyl Patch not working. I feel like it's just because I'm not roughing up the surface enough for fear of tearing right through the rubber. I might try some really sticky clear tape. Someone suggested Helicopter tape. We'll see how that works."

    You don't see how incredibly rude and annoying you came off?
    If you are going to quote me do it accurately. You forgot to add in the little dude winking at you. That was called sarcasm, I tossed in the comment to toss it like many have suggested and added the winky dude to let you know it was off the cuff. After that comment you started in with the insults. I came back still in a joking manner asking for a recap of your progress. You could have simply posted a recap. But you continued to insult and call out names. Here is my exact quote including the little dude winking at you. This was the quote that sent you into this raging insulting lunatic. Which I continued to try to bring you on board with the scarcasm. My quote was this.....
    Jon the OP so what's the hold up? It's obvious you're dead set on fixing it. There are numerous suggestions on how to patch it. And It's been what a week now. Have you tried anything yet? Wouldn't it be less hassle to just toss it.
    Last edited by DIRTJUNKIE; 07-28-2012 at 09:27 AM.
    Front Range, Colorado.

  33. #83
    Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Reputation: DIRTJUNKIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    27,337
    Quote Originally Posted by jon777 View Post
    Yeah, no... that's not how you said it. You said,

    "Jon the OP so what's the hold up? It's obvious you're dead set on fixing it. There are numerous suggestions on how to patch it. And It's been what a week now. Have you tried anything yet? Wouldn't it be less hassle to just toss it"

    And only three posts above yours I said:

    "Vinyl Patch not working. I feel like it's just because I'm not roughing up the surface enough for fear of tearing right through the rubber. I might try some really sticky clear tape. Someone suggested Helicopter tape. We'll see how that works."

    You don't see how incredibly rude and annoying you came off?
    If you are going to quote me do it accurately. You forgot to add in the little dude winking at you. That was called sarcasm, I tossed in the comment to toss it like many have suggested and added the winky dude to let you know it was off the cuff. After that comment you started in with the insults. I came back still in a joking manner asking for a recap of your progress. You could have simply posted a recap. But you continued to insult and call out names. Here is my exact quote including the little dude winking at you. This was the quote that sent you into this raging insulting lunatic. Which I continued to try to bring you on board with the scarcasm. My quote was this.....
    Jon the OP so what's the hold up? It's obvious you're dead set on fixing it. There are numerous suggestions on how to patch it. And It's been what a week now. Have you tried anything yet? Wouldn't it be less hassle to just toss it.
    Front Range, Colorado.

  34. #84
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    229
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE, View Post
    If you are going to quote me do it accurately. You forgot to add in the little dude winking at you. That was called sarcasm, I tossed in the comment to toss it like many have suggested and added the winky dude to let you know it was off the cuff. After that comment you started in with the insults. I came back still in a joking manner asking for a recap of your progress. You could have simply posted a recap. But you continued to insult and call out names. Here is my exact quote including the little dude winking at you. This was the quote that sent you into this raging insulting lunatic. Which I continued to try to bring you on board with the scarcasm. My quote was this.....
    Jon the OP so what's the hold up? It's obvious you're dead set on fixing it. There are numerous suggestions on how to patch it. And It's been what a week now. Have you tried anything yet? Wouldn't it be less hassle to just toss it.
    Oh so the winky thing got missed by my highlighting, whoop dee doo! I don't give a rat's a$$ if you were winking. The fact that you were being sarcastic, and admitting it, is annoying to me. And talk about being accurate. I did not proceed to insult you right away. I responded with, "Have you read the entire thread?" which was my way of suggesting to you to read the entire thread, which at that point was not even two full pages, and you would've gotten the update you wanted. But no, you were like "I'm not gonna scroll up three posts back to read what the OP just typed a few hours ago, I'm gonna be a jacka$$ and insist that he retype everything that he just typed because I'm a lazy fuking a$$hole."
    I really really really care about my rep count! Please please please don't negative rep me...it hurts..

  35. #85
    Pale Rider
    Reputation: 1of4Horsemen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    240
    Quote Originally Posted by jon777 View Post
    Oh so the winky thing got missed by my highlighting, whoop dee doo! I don't give a rat's a$$ if you were winking. The fact that you were being sarcastic, and admitting it, is annoying to me. And talk about being accurate. I did not proceed to insult you right away. I responded with, "Have you read the entire thread?" which was my way of suggesting to you to read the entire thread, which at that point was not even two full pages, and you would've gotten the update you wanted. But no, you were like "I'm not gonna scroll up three posts back to read what the OP just typed a few hours ago, I'm gonna be a jacka$$ and insist that he retype everything that he just typed because I'm a lazy fuking a$$hole."
    Someone needs some anger management.

    With my goldfish shorts swimming around my toes.

  36. #86
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    229
    Quote Originally Posted by 1of4Horsemen View Post
    Someone needs some anger management.

    Well after three pages of bullshi!t from this guy - Dirtbag, who wouldn't be irritated? I'm not angry, just irritated..Did you see any CAPS or exclamation points?

    I just talk like this normally..cussing and what not..
    I really really really care about my rep count! Please please please don't negative rep me...it hurts..

  37. #87
    Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Reputation: DIRTJUNKIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    27,337
    Quote Originally Posted by jon777 View Post
    Oh so the winky thing got missed by my highlighting, whoop dee doo! I don't give a rat's a$$ if you were winking. The fact that you were being sarcastic, and admitting it, is annoying to me. And talk about being accurate. I did not proceed to insult you right away. I responded with, "Have you read the entire thread?" which was my way of suggesting to you to read the entire thread, which at that point was not even two full pages, and you would've gotten the te you wanted. But no, you were like "I'm not gonna scroll up three posts back to read what the OP just typed a few hours ago, I'm gonna be a jacka$$ and insist that he retype everything that he just typed because I'm a lazy fuking a$$hole."
    Hey Jackwagon <<< Look I can insult on par with you. When you responded "did you read the entire thread?" Would it have been too difficult to include read three posts up. Instead you launch into a insulting raging lunitic outburst. That is after 24 hours you are still in that state of mind I'm sorry but it's not my fault your therapist went on vacation. Perhaps next time you should suggest or demand that he have a stand in Dr. next time he takes a vacation. At the very least be sure he supplys you with an adequate amount of your prescription drugs that you have obviously not been taking per doctors orders.
    Last edited by DIRTJUNKIE; 07-28-2012 at 03:43 PM.
    Front Range, Colorado.

  38. #88
    DIY all the way
    Reputation: Mr.Magura's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    2,111
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/gKpshrAwp5I" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>


    Magura

  39. #89
    Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Reputation: DIRTJUNKIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    27,337
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Magura View Post
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/gKpshrAwp5I" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>


    Magura
    Classic!!
    Front Range, Colorado.

  40. #90
    Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Reputation: DIRTJUNKIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    27,337
    Quote Originally Posted by jon777 View Post
    Oh so the winky thing got missed by my highlighting, whoop dee doo! I don't give a rat's a$$ if you were winking. The fact that you were being sarcastic, and admitting it, is annoying to me. And talk about being accurate. I did not proceed to insult you right away. I responded with, "Have you read the entire thread?" which was my way of suggesting to you to read the entire thread, which at that point was not even two full pages, and you would've gotten the te you wanted. But no, you were like "I'm not gonna scroll up three posts back to read what the OP just typed a few hours ago, I'm gonna be a jacka$$ and insist that he retype everything that he just typed because I'm a lazy fuking a$$hole."
    Hey Jackwagon <<< Look I can insult on par with you. When you responded "did you read the entire thread?" Would it have been too difficult to include read three posts up. Instead you launch into a insulting raging lunitic outburst. That is after 24 hours you are still in that state of mind I'm sorry but it's not my fault your therapist went on vacation. Perhaps next time you should suggest or demand that he have a stand in Dr. next time he takes a vacation. At the very least be sure he supplys you with an adequate amount of your prescription drugs that you have obviously not been taking per doctors orders.
    Front Range, Colorado.

  41. #91
    banned
    Reputation: marpilli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    3,993
    Quote Originally Posted by jon777 View Post
    If my attitude is of a constipated 95 year old man then your attitude is of an incontinent 100 year old woman with Chron's disease and soiling yourself every couple hours. Wait, I've only called you stupid and ignorant? My apologies for not being so thorough. You are also a moron and an imbecile and a c0cksucker.

    So Magura jumps up to defend you and now you're doing the same. Hmm.. butt buddies I suppose? If that's your thing then to each his own I guess..
    Ho-lee cow! You 'been cleaning your reservoirs with bath-salts?

  42. #92
    Bro
    Bro is offline
    Content from my avatar
    Reputation: Bro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    4,356
    Quote Originally Posted by jon777 View Post
    Sorry I was under the impression that waterbed patches were vinyl patches. I went to my local Canadian Tire store, asked for a waterbed patch and used that. Thanks for the additional info re: Polyurethane patches and adhesives. That could be the issue.
    So you're Canadian? Do you realize that you shouldn't be genetically able to be mean? Everyone knows that Canadians lack the mean-gene. If you truly have that gene, you should look up the X-Men. They love to have mutants like you, though I'm not sure they take in mean ones.

    In any case, you should apologize to Mr. DIRTJUNKIE and Mr. Mr.Magura and everyone else. We're seriously just trying to help.

    Have you talked to Mr. Jeep bike guy? He was really good at taking things much too far with cheap items that warranted replacement, rather than repair. You should look him up.

    The only difference between you and Jeep guy is that he was simply ignorant of what he was doing, and you're an annoying douchebag.
    Sometimes, I question the value of my content.

  43. #93
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    229
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE, View Post
    Hey Jackwagon <<< Look I can insult on par with you. When you responded "did you read the entire thread?" Would it have been too difficult to include read three posts up. Instead you launch into a insulting raging lunitic outburst. That is after 24 hours you are still in that state of mind I'm sorry but it's not my fault your therapist went on vacation. Perhaps next time you should suggest or demand that he have a stand in Dr. next time he takes a vacation. At the very least be sure he supplys you with an adequate amount of your prescription drugs that you have obviously not been taking per doctors orders.
    Calling me Jackwagon is insulting on par with me? Damn you're weak. A little better on the therapist bit, albeit, overplayed. Nice try though. Maybe you're from the states and that might be why you think that when doctors go on vacation, they don't have someone on-call for them. Or you could just be plain incorrect. Anyway, I love being Canadian and having socialized health care and if I did have a therapist and if he was away on vacation, there would automatically an on-call doctor if I needed more meds. Again, nice attempt on the scenario regardless. In any case, I don't know why I'm still talking to you. I tried to clue you in on your stupidity but I guess it's hard to get through a brick wall. You think I'm rude, I think you're an idiot. Case closed.
    I really really really care about my rep count! Please please please don't negative rep me...it hurts..

  44. #94
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    229
    Quote Originally Posted by erik1245 View Post
    So you're Canadian? Do you realize that you shouldn't be genetically able to be mean? Everyone knows that Canadians lack the mean-gene. If you truly have that gene, you should look up the X-Men. They love to have mutants like you, though I'm not sure they take in mean ones.

    In any case, you should apologize to Mr. DIRTJUNKIE and Mr. Mr.Magura and everyone else. We're seriously just trying to help.

    Have you talked to Mr. Jeep bike guy? He was really good at taking things much too far with cheap items that warranted replacement, rather than repair. You should look him up.

    The only difference between you and Jeep guy is that he was simply ignorant of what he was doing, and you're an annoying douchebag.
    Thanks for the stereotype. Maybe because I wasn't born here, I'm a naturalized Canadian. The X-men bit needs a bit of work. Don't quit your day job and keep the stand up gigs for moonlighting. Why should I apologize to Dirtbag and his butt buddy? And to everyone else? For what? Here's my apology = .l.
    I really really really care about my rep count! Please please please don't negative rep me...it hurts..

  45. #95
    Bro
    Bro is offline
    Content from my avatar
    Reputation: Bro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    4,356
    Quote Originally Posted by jon777 View Post
    Thanks for the stereotype. Maybe because I wasn't born here, I'm a naturalized Canadian. The X-men bit needs a bit of work. Don't quit your day job and keep the stand up gigs for moonlighting. Why should I apologize to Dirtbag and his butt buddy? And to everyone else? For what? Here's my apology = .l.
    Your apology would probably work better if it was anatomically correct. Something like this...



    Also, I have a friend who's from Ontario. Giving Canadian people crap for being Canadian (in a joking manner) is part of my calling.
    Sometimes, I question the value of my content.

  46. #96
    Pale Rider
    Reputation: 1of4Horsemen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    240
    Quote Originally Posted by erik1245 View Post
    Your apology would probably work better if it was anatomically correct. Something like this...



    Also, I have a friend who's from Ontario. Giving Canadian people crap for being Canadian (in a joking manner) is part of my calling.
    Or like this.

    With my goldfish shorts swimming around my toes.

  47. #97
    mtbr member
    Reputation: SeaBass_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    2,017

  48. #98
    Is not amused
    Reputation: Hutch3637's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    3,205
    Quote Originally Posted by jon777 View Post
    I came to the forum to ask for suggestions from other people who might have had a successful experience with the same situation. From what I have seen from participating in forums, a lot of people do the same -- that is, come to the forum seeking advice. Is it obsession when someone wants to ask for advice? I've tried two methods since and have indicated that they didn't work. Hardly obsessive at all. It's not like I've labored for days on end to try and fix this.

    If my attitude is of a constipated 95 year old man then your attitude is of an incontinent 100 year old woman with Chron's disease and soiling yourself every couple hours. Wait, I've only called you stupid and ignorant? My apologies for not being so thorough. You are also a moron and an imbecile and a c0cksucker.

    So Magura jumps up to defend you and now you're doing the same. Hmm.. butt buddies I suppose? If that's your thing then to each his own I guess..










    Yip yip yip nope nope nope

  49. #99
    mtbr member
    Reputation: SeaBass_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    2,017




  50. #100
    mtbr member
    Reputation: SeaBass_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    2,017

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •