• 01-12-2013
    Furball the Mystery Cat
    Help! , I can't register for the pinkbike.com forums.
    MTBR is my favorite place on the internet, but it's not the only website. Sometimes I wander over to different forums.

Recently I tried to register for the pinkbike.com forums. This is the message they gave me:

Quote:

^Free email service earthlink.net no allowed.
    Only ISP, School, and work emails allowed.
    Pinkbike never displays emails to public.
    Earthlink is not free. I'm paying $21.95 per month for it. I'm annoyed that they would accuse me of trying to use a free service.

I sent them an email about this 3 days ago and they never even replied. How can I register there?

Maybe it's not even worth the trouble of trying to register for their stupid forums. Should I just forget about it?
  • 01-12-2013
    voodoo5
  • 01-12-2013
    Furball the Mystery Cat
    Thanks for the mailinator suggestion. I tried it, but that doesn't work either. I still get the message:

^Free email service mailinator.com no allowed.
    Only ISP, School, and work emails allowed.
    Pinkbike never displays emails to public.
  • 01-12-2013
    Sandrenseren
    I just signed up using a hotmail address, worked like a charm.
  • 01-12-2013
    Mazukea
    I heard pinkbike is just filled with a bunch of refugees.
  • 01-12-2013
    Trail Ninja
    Try contacting them directly. I had trouble signing up several years ago using my own domain. It turns out that my domain had made it on to a spammers list years before that and they were still using that old list.
    They were pretty quick to sort it out.
  • 01-12-2013
    Furball the Mystery Cat
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Trail Ninja View Post
    Try contacting them directly. I had trouble signing up several years ago using my own domain. It turns out that my domain had made it on to a spammers list years before that and they were still using that old list.
    They were pretty quick to sort it out.

Thanks for the suggestion. I already emailed password@pinkbike.com. I did that about 3 days ago and never got a reply. Is there any other way to contact them?

EDIT: Oh, I found their contact info here: People on Pinkbike.com There are other email addresses I could try.
  • 01-12-2013
    Furball the Mystery Cat
    Sandrenseren, thanks for the hotmail suggestion. I'll either try that next, or just give up.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandrenseren View Post
    I just signed up using a hotmail address, worked like a charm.

• 01-12-2013
    rockcrusher
    since this is a pinkbike site issue I will move this to the pinkbike site issues forum.