Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    FeelIng Cranky!

Good Luck Toronto

This guy is a real peach!

Wow!

rad to the power of sick
    Meh.

We had Pantalone who would spend us dry and Smitherman of ehealth fame.

Ford might have an ass backwards view of cycling.... However, he wants to destabilize the crippling TTC, tear out the street car tracks (the real threat to cyclists) privatize garbage disposal, and trim the plump salaries of city hall.

That won my opinion.

Evil Jr.
    Heh, I was thinking exactly the same thing watching his big cartoon-worthy face making his acceptance speech last night.

Hamilton got a new Mayor (Bob Bratina, my personal choice) and kept pretty much all its councillors. More of the same? Let's hope not!
    Please enjoy seeing this terrible collection of me - something wonderful is about to happy.

Health Nut
    Not much better over in the Mississauga end. Hazel got in again (no surprise) so on goes the urban sprawl and the paving of anything green. At least this will probably be her last term, she's getting too old.

Evil Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trev
    At least this will probably be her last term, she's getting too old.
    I thought for sure that "special favour" she did for her son (holy conflict of interest, Batman! ) was gonna do her more damage but she still won by eleventy bizillion votes!
    Please enjoy seeing this terrible collection of me - something wonderful is about to happy.

Health Nut
    Quote Originally Posted by garage monster
    I thought for sure that "special favour" she did for her son (holy conflict of interest, Batman! ) was gonna do her more damage but she still won by eleventy bizillion votes!
    yah just build as much as possible to keep the taxes down, give people a couch, a TV and they will be happy. I would say that very few Mississaugaians actually cared about the issue, most people I talked to had the view of "o well she hasn't had to raise taxes in blah amount of years". Apparently in Mississauga you really only have to keep taxes down to win, who cares about any other issues.

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    I was surprised Smitherman didn't get knocked right out at the beginning by that ehealth tag. It's not the billion dollars flushed down the drain, it's the collateral damage to public opinion which will deter future investment in electronic medical records that's the crying shame. Amidst all the bafflegab about saving the public system though efficiency, electronic records is the one element that can actually make a difference. In my openly biased opinion that's an unforgiveable crime that affects all Torontonians, cyclists or not, and if the worst skeleton in Ford's closet is a DUI from 10 years ago I could care less about that.

On the bright side of things, I'm looking forward to acres and acres of fresh new pavement that are long overdue in this city. If we lose a few bike lanes along the way I can live with it.

Evil Jr.
    I heard Howard Moscoe interviewed on CBC Radio 1 about a week ago and he said the most interesting thing, which I will attempt to paraphrase thusly:

"The best part about the people of Toronto electing Rob Ford is that they will finally understand that he is lying to them."

I'm no Smitherman fan either and Pantalone, nice as he was, isn't the right guy for the job. As a refugee from Toronto, I felt kinda sad that there wasn't a better choice.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Kay.
    On the bright side of things, I'm looking forward to acres and acres of fresh new pavement that are long overdue in this city. If we lose a few bike lanes along the way I can live with it.
    I can't be sure you're not being sarcastic here, but where would this new pavement go? Would you sacrifice parks? The rivers? What neighbourhoods would you divide?

The fact is, there's no room for new roads in Toronto. And even if we were to pave our parks, new roads only bring new drivers. There would be no appreciable impact on congestion.

The ONLY way to reduce road congestion is to reduce the number of motorists.

Transit and active transportation is the future for Toronto, not more roads.

mtbr member
    I heard Mike Harris give Rob Ford the stamp of the champ approval on the radio this morning. Sounds kind of scary to me.....

Team NFI
    Mar 2007
    I heard Howard Moscoe interviewed on CBC Radio 1 about a week ago and he said the most interesting thing, which I will attempt to paraphrase thusly:

"The best part about the people of Toronto electing Rob Ford is that they will finally understand that he is lying to them."
    a politicical type trying to claim he isn't lying.
    www.teamnfi.blogspot.com

Depression...can eat a sack of manure and die.

sore member
    Toronto is about to learn what Ottawa learned 4 years ago with Larry O'Brien.

Ford can make all the promises he wants, but the mayor doesn't wield much real power. He's only one vote, and getting councilors to follow his agenda will be like herding cats. Given his personality & style, he's going to have a difficult time of it.

Looking for Adventure
    Thanks. Looks like this city will join Hamilton in its decent into the black hole of yesteryear.
    SUCCESS - To be able to spend life in your own way

Looking for Adventure
    Quote Originally Posted by langford
    I heard Mike Harris give Rob Ford the stamp of the champ approval on the radio this morning. Sounds kind of scary to me.....
    No surprise there. Both are of the same cloth.
    SUCCESS - To be able to spend life in your own way

Burnt Orange Lives
    nah, i dont think so...

and Ford is not that anti-cyclist... you will see...

i stockpiled popcorn bags... this show is a must see...

Bussin: good riddance... not soon enough...

peoplez have spoken...

namagomi
    Ford isn't anti-cyclist, he just thinks bicycles should be taken off the roads. Come on guys, that isn't the same thing! Swimming with the sharks and you're gonna get bit!!

I guess it's too bad my office isn't in a ravine, where he will waste away money building paths for the fred muppet peloton!

Evil Jr.
    OMG, those Daryn Ford videos are HILARIOUS!

GAME ON!
    i can't understand how people (hamilton) ***** and ***** and ***** about nothing getting done and then go and elect the same damn people as before. toronto can use some change.. hopefully they'll be alright. either way, it's just a matter of the lesser evil.

Ska
    Steel is real.
    Here's the latest Rob Ford clip...

Just put the Toronto skyline in the background of this clip and make it any random T.O. morning show. It might as well be him. It's going to happen. You know it will.

LMAO
    He's a ******.
    Here's my crummy, slow-going blog The Slow Spoke if you're interested.

bi-winning
    OMG, those Daryn Ford videos are HILARIOUS!
    Definitely good for a few laughs.
    When under pressure, your level of performance will sink to your level of preparation.

Shorthills Cycling Club

Burnt Orange Lives
    George,

I didn't know you were on MTBR... I am sure McSquinty will give you some other important ministerial position and another $1B of our cash to squander... No worries...

LMAO....

mtbr member
    how much longer till we get rid of Mcginty?

GAME ON!
    Quote Originally Posted by trailtrash
    how much longer till we get rid of Mcginty?
    knowing canadians, i say we'll probably vote him back in.

Evil Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by saturnine
    knowing canadians, i say we'll probably vote him back in.
    Somewhere at the intersection of this statement and your avatar, there's a bucket-load of irony.

Burnt Orange Lives
    doubt it...
    seeing what we did in Toronto - I do dare to hope...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast