Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Oct 2011

Get high while riding?

Anyone here regularly smoke bud while riding?? I know squares will try to tell me this is unsafe/unhealthy but I don't really don't care, go educate yourself. Smoking up in the middle of nowhere while on a ride is probably one of the best things you can do for yourself and your riding. For a start it's a known analgesic so you don't feel the burn as much while climbing and increases stamina like you wouldn't believe. I know people will spit the same old lies about pot making you slow but there's new evidence that in regular users the cognitive impairment is reduced, therefore allowing u to ride just a fast but still not come off. Also, getting home, having a meal and kicking back never felt so good!

Hit us up if you share my appreciation for riding stoned!

I occasio.........RECYCLE BIN!!!

Yeah, this is destined for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tone's View Post
    Id scrap the passion forum all together, its a breeding ground for unicorn milkers, rainbow chasers and candy cotton farters.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Use the search feature, young Padawan. This has been discussed ad nauseam.

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    Squares!! What a bunch of squares!!!

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Giantknob20 View Post
    ...but I don't really don't care...
    So you're saying that you do care, right?

Retired User
    In before the lock, see you in the BIN....

mtbr member
    I don't mind a spliff on the trail. Nothing worse than a true believer though. It's just a drug, a slightly altered state of mind, not a sacrament.

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Honestly, it makes me go a bit slower up hills. Doesn't increase my stamina. But I still love doing it.

Sometimes, it seems like I'm a little worse at picking lines. But sometimes I'm not. It almost always makes everything feel better though, at least a little bit.

I tend to take a lot of chill breaks. Find a nice spot, maybe hit the MFLB a few more times. Nature is my favorite place to toke. To put it simply, I have just about the most fun I can have with my clothes on in the summer while mountain biking high.

I think, however, that skiing and snowboarding are better sports for it. Something about the skis/board being strapped directly onto your feet, the forgiveness of the snow and the wide trails you can ride.

It's awesome either way.

Ride Instigator
    I used to smoke a lot when I was younger, both on and off the trail but I hardly ever smoke now, just grew out of it I guess. The last couple times I smoked while I was riding I kept forgetting where I was on a trail system that I ride often and am very familiar with, it was a strange feeling and I didn't really like it.

mtbr member
    I have a problem

see me rollin, they hatin
    not to sound gay or nothin, but i get a sense of "highness" just from the ride itself. you did say i need to "educate myself" about it being unsafe or unhealthy, well, its common sense that inhaling smoke is unhealthy, but hey, thats your choice. doesnt make me a square to say that its an unhealthy way to feel funny. i'll stop here....last time this came up, i was missunderstood and neg'd. They can go gobble my sweaty bike taint.

mtbr member
    Last edited by jaynestown; 11-10-2011 at 06:33 PM. Reason: I'm sorry. I am a square.
    "That hat makes you look like an idiot."

mtbr member
    It's for my night blindness

Some Dude
    For twisty, technical single track I would probably not ever do it, that is a bad accident waiting to happen. Seems like too much concentration is required. On a flat smooth hike and bike trail it's probably enjoyable. But only a little...

workin' it Administrator
    I used to ride with smokers, they would stop a couple times per trail and smoke out then continue on. I would eat my bar or sandwich or whatever, wait for them to finish and we would continue. I never noticed a difference in their riding, however, one time one of the guys goes down, and goes down hard. We are we out nowhere and this is before cell phones.

We scrape him out of the dirt, put his shoes back on and wait for him to get his breath, then assess the damage. In the crash his chainrings ran up the back of his leg and gouged out 3 strips down into the muscle. His shoulder is separated and he is still dizzy.

They talk about what to do and decide that since none of us actually has a car that can get even near the crash point we need to get him out. He is in intense pain. We need a pain killer and my friend pulls out his pot and we decide to smoke him out or up or whatever. We get him nice and high, sit and chat, get him a little more high and then we get him on his bike. He can rid with one hand and his pain is greatly diminished. All the way home we ride with this guy and all the way home he keeps asking us what happened.

So he is concussed, their solution is to get him high, we ride him home and I tell him he has to go to the hospital, he gets in his car (yeah) and goes by himself to the hospital. He gets tired of waiting and goes home to sleep (yeah again). I have never felt so bad. I saw him months later and he is still having problems but my friends all still laughed about how they got this guy so high and got him out. It terrifies me to this day and I wish I had had a better solution.

Actually I wish I just didn't ride with guys that smoke pot.
    Try this: HTFU

the half breed devil
    yes i do...before, during and after every ride...this volatile subject has been mercilessly beaten to death since the green grass grew up out of prehistoric volcanic ashes and the first ice cold rivers flowed down to the seas from the mountains...and i don't really have much of a problem with people who disagree with me about it unless they start to be not very nice...

rockcrusher, the dudes you were riding with that day were not very nice to do that to your friend. the fact that they did something like that to a friend who needed immediate medical attention is more of a reflection on the fact that they're not very nice (or very bright, IMHO) not the fact that they smoke pot...

dru
    mtbr member
    Sep 2006

weed?

I don't have an issue with weed except for two things; it messes up some individuals pretty badly and it employs ******-bag criminals.

Marijuana needs to be legalized in order to hurt street gangs, the Hells Angels, etc., and all kinds of other criminals in the pocket book, which is one of the few things that matters to them.

If you go up the ladder just a few rungs in the drug trade you will find very vicious, very violent individuals. You can't sugar coat this fact, that's just the way the business is.

The only ethical way to use weed is to grow it yourself. Think about that the next time you are buying.

While I'm at it; save your lungs too. That unfiltered smoke can't be good, and brownies are tasty too!

Drew
    occasional cyclist

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by dru View Post
    I don't have an issue with weed except for two things; it messes up some individuals pretty badly and it employs ******-bag criminals.

Marijuana needs to be legalized in order to hurt street gangs, the Hells Angels, etc., and all kinds of other criminals in the pocket book, which is one of the few things that matters to them.

If you go up the ladder just a few rungs in the drug trade you will find very vicious, very violent individuals. You can't sugar coat this fact, that's just the way the business is.

The only ethical way to use weed is to grow it yourself. Think about that the next time you are buying.

While I'm at it; save your lungs too. That unfiltered smoke can't be good, and brownies are tasty too!

Drew
    Totally agree.

And I don't actually smoke anymore, I use the Magic Flight Launch Box vaporizer. It's so much better than smoking in just about every way. Edibles don't seem to work well at all for me and they're slow.

dru
    mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanik View Post
    Edibles don't seem to work well at all for me and they're slow.
    Yeah, but once it kicks in you're lunched for the entire day; which can be a bad or good thing depending...

BTW I don't touch the stuff at all. All my hard partying was in my twenties and that was nearly 20 years ago now.

Drew
    occasional cyclist

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Totally disagree.

official eMpTyBRain

I love to get high...

Whooooaaa, yeahhhh, I get high as I climb to the top of our hills and mountains...and by the time I reach the top, I am like, soooo high dude! Towwwtally, high!!!

But the low I get after coming back down is a real draaagg, maaaan...I have towwwtol cottonmouth and the gnarrrrly munchies!!!

Freaking stoner burn-outs!!!
    ...and proud member of the anti-sock puppet desolation

"2 Wycked"
    Quote Originally Posted by ambassadorhawg View Post
    Whooooaaa, yeahhhh, I get high as I climb to the top of our hills and mountains...and by the time I reach the top, I am like, soooo high dude! Towwwtally, high!!!

But the low I get after coming back down is a real draaagg, maaaan...I have towwwtol cottonmouth and the gnarrrrly munchies!!!

Freaking stoner burn-outs!!!
    Thanks

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.
    Last edited by crazy03; 11-11-2011 at 05:37 PM.
    Ahhhh...Ahhhh....it's the hammy, it's the hammy!!

Multiple Lines Rock
    Quote Originally Posted by pleepleus View Post
    I have a problem
    One Only has a problem when one runs out...

~Disc~Golf~
    I'm TOTALLY against it!!
    Honestly... ahh I give up

GT FIEND
    I have done this a lot of times.

The way I see it, if you wanna smoke some weed before riding smoke a small one because you'll get some extra energy (trust me it gives you extra energy - same thing as dope ;-) ).

I didn't see any difference in riding at all, except I couldn't do wheelies when I was sober

I've also drank before riding, a lot of you probably did it too...obviously nothing good comes out of this. I also drank and smoked and I was just riding relax like an idiot I guess smiling before the effect goes away and you have a big down.

Depends how often do you smoke. Last time I crashed I was crunked but I think I would have crashed anyway (concussion).

I've heard some people say that they smoke just a litttle one like I said to get a boost. If some of you are daily smokers and you ride you should try it, it's a good way to give you some energy when you don't have any motivation to go ride or to get the thc% you need in your blood.

Myself I don't drink or smoke, I guess it was just the summer days...yep. That's pretty much it.

A thing I noticed too, when you guys smoke a spliff and go climb uphill don't think it's any good for you. You'll know it the moment your hearth kicks in. It's not something to mess around, that's why if you wanna smoke, smoke after you did your uphill (but then I would be surprised that you wanna smoke at this point - you're just forcing it if you smoke anyway). Don't get used smoking and doing exercise, it's very bad. Because when you will stop smoking it will be 10 times harder to get on the bike and do some exercise. Don't smoke blunts or anything in this kind (or medium to big joints). It is not good for you, you're playing around with your hearth in the first place. I've tried every scenario and know the results, I hope my experience will help someone out there.

P.S.@ Rockcrusher : that's a funny ass story I have to admit, but if we look at it objectively, those guys are pure ******bags...probably the kind of people that give to potheads like us a bad image while some of us are educated, healthy and do smart **** from our lives. I've been around that group of people for a while, some are just dumbasses smoking to be stupid and other are just smoking because they like it and they do their daily important stuff...you all know it anyway probably.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast