Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Apr 2011

Forum heathens put a hex on me!

Must be some witches and warlocks on the forum and they put a curse on me. After revealing I'm a Christian, and finally finding a MTB on CL I could afford, my dog got sick and I had to spend $250 at the vet's. Attack me, not my poor old dog.

AZ
    banned
    The Lord works in mysterious ways.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cedarbranchbiker1
    Attack me, not my poor old dog.
    You're ugly and you ride poorly.

Better now?

Walt

mtbr member
    Uhhh...

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    You're ugly and you ride poorly
    That the best you got? My wife can come up with a whole lot worse, and she loves me.

is buachail foighneach me
    That was God attacking your dog for not being a Christian. Dogs are atheists.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Remember what God told Noah in the Bill Cosby routine? "Noah, you know I don't work like that".

AZ
    banned
    Quote Originally Posted by sean salach

I thought dogs were Nihilist's.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by sean salach
    Then how do they get to doggie heaven?

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Insult me, but leave my dog alone. She's a good dog, but judging from the smell, she could stand to be "baptized" sometime in the near future.

Afric Pepperbird
    Cedar, near the end of this thread, you mentioned there was "hate."

Can you define this "hate"? I'm really not seeing it. I do see some well reasoned skepticism. I, however, see no "hate."

Bro
    Where I do my thinking
    Man, I think you just need some medicine for your dog. Don't most living things get sick at one point or another, requiring special care?
    I've made some bad decisions like taking the gears off my bike. So here's the warning: Do not as I say, nor as I do.

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    I thought dogs were hedonists. What with all the self gratification.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ratmonkey
    I thought dogs were hedonists. What with all the self gratification.
    I beg to differ.

Seems to me that dogs like the make we humans happy before they make themselves happy. But maybe I just have some exceptional canines.

The White Jeff W
    I had been praying for God to give me a new bike. Then I realized God doesn't work like that so I stole one and prayed for forgiveness.
    No moss...

Village Dirtbag
    It could have been a dyslexic warlock who thought he was cursing g-o-d, but got it backwards.

And no- it's not because you're a Christian. 85% of the country is Christian, so it's not a big reveal. It's because you thought Camping is a nutjob who gives Christians a bad name, while you feel you're perfectly sane, even though you only disagree about a tiny detail.

I hope your dog feels better. I used to have a Golden Retriever and he was ALWAYS getting sick with something.

mtbr member
    get a saddle and ride your dog.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    I started this post tongue-in-cheek and was trying for a slightly humorous post. Unfortunately, it would appear that MTB'ers don't have much of a sense of humor.

dirt farmer, I guess I saw hate when one poster remarked, "go **** yourself" didn't think there was "romance" involved.
    I realized my "knee jerked" and I OVERREACTED, I ADMIT IT, and I have even tried to apologize, but apparently, some on this forum "smell blood in the water" and continue to attack.

@dam, Thanks for your hoping my dog gets well. Had to bury a dog two years ago that I had had for 16 years. that really hurt, don't want to go through that again anytime soon. As for the rest of your post when you said:
    It's because you thought Camping is a nutjob who gives Christians a bad name, while you feel you're perfectly sane, even though you only disagree about a tiny detail.
    There is probably a lot more about Camping I probably wouldn't agree with, but I haven't really read or heard anything that he's done other than his latest "prediction". I have more important things to do, like trying to get my crops growing that seems reluctant to grow, pass Excel 130 to finish my "college education", ride my bike, spend time with my children and grandchildren, and get to the coast to catch a few waves. (Still surfing at 62)
    Seriously, I wish all of you the best and if I have hurt or insulted anyone, I sincerely apologize.

Lady was diagnosed with a really bad bladder infection, and the vet has her on antibiotics, so hopefully she will be okay.

mtbr member
    Our Lord (pbuh. wait, nevermind) is shocked.... SHOCKED I tell you, that thou blamest Him for causing pain in your dog. He's also pissed that you injected anti-biotics to your beast, cruelly and indiscriminately murdering countless poor e.coli -- living organisms of His creation who were minding their own business, procreating per His will, going to church, etc. Is one dog worth more than a million pious bacteria?

Say 200 hail Marys and dump your current ride for a Cross bike (kosher of course), and maybe you'll get your 72 virgins yet.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    I NEVER blamed God. The bacteria are not Christian and so deserve to be exterminated. (At least that's what we Christians are sometimes accused of) Being Baptist I don't do Hail Mary's either in church or on a football field. I'll have to pray and fast. As for 72 virgins, when Osama got to wherever he went, George Washington walked up to him and slugged him good. Then Thomas Jefferson nailed him, then Patrick Henry give him a good uppercut with a line of people behind him waiting to do the same. Osama demanded to know what was going on. God said I promised you 72 Virginians, what do you think I said?
    Enough said, exterminate this post, it's gone on long enough.

Bro
    Where I do my thinking
    If you haven't already figured out by now, and you want to continue to post on these forms and be taken seriously, I'd advise you to do two things:
    1. Grow some tougher skin. Don't take everything personally, and don't take everything literally or seriously. We're all full of sh*t on here, so half the time a post is simply made in jest.
    2. Avoid starting any threads that could end up like this one, where they're related to politics or religion or anything like that. There's a reason the political-socioeconomic-religion forum (f=88) was closed on this site.
    I've made some bad decisions like taking the gears off my bike. So here's the warning: Do not as I say, nor as I do.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by erik1245
    If you haven't already figured out by now, and you want to continue to post on these forms and be taken seriously, I'd advise you to do two things:
    1. Grow some tougher skin. Don't take everything personally, and don't take everything literally or seriously. We're all full of sh*t on here, so half the time a post is simply made in jest.
    2. Avoid starting any threads that could end up like this one, where they're related to politics or religion or anything like that. There's a reason the political-socioeconomic-religion forum (f=88) was closed on this site.
    Couldn't have said it better myself.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    My skin is thick enough, although not nearly as thick as my skull. enough., I just have a little problem with my knee jerking from time to time. I started this thread very tongue-in-cheek but apparently some took me serious. The thread REALLY was meant in fun. I realized it's hard to be the only rational person on a forum full of irrational people, probably due to too many "head landings" in crashes. Once again I mean this in jest, NO HARM OR INSULT INTENDED. I guess my sense of humor is a little too subtle. (My daughters would say, what sense of humor, that's just dumb).
    If I really felt "under attack" I would have just left MTBR forum but I enjoy the forum, and even those that have "disparaged" me or my faith make me stop and think and reflect on my beliefs. It's all good. Now if I could just get my farm under control, (plague of weeds, another curse? ), and get the temp to cool a little, 90+ is a little hot for riding, at least for me. Ya'll have a good'ern.
    Last edited by Cedarbranchbiker1; 05-25-2011 at 09:32 AM.

mtbr member
    Maybe your dog needs an exorcism.
    "I like skinny jeans. Sometimes I wear them to the mall to get an Orange Julius." -Chim Chim

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Maybe your dog needs an exorcism.
    Does worm medicine count?
    There's a reason the political-socioeconomic-religion forum (f=88) was closed on this site.
    Too much bloodshed?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast