Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Edward Snowden

banned
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by musikron View Post
    My 2 cents?
    Dude doesn't even exist.
    This is just a distraction to keep you refocused away from what is important. Nothing he "leaked" was new information, hell I have known about this for at least 20 years, and ANYTHING reported by the MSM is not to be trusted.
    Fast & Furious, Benghazi, Alternative Energy, Obamacare, IRS, AP. and now a NSA scandal.

OOPS !
    I almost forgot the scream about Global Warming that is currently being regurgitated.

Quite the MSM distraction record ... They've been pretty busy helping shape public focus.

The worst joke played on the public in a long time.

But,
    Survivor started ... They can relax for a bit.

gobsmacked Moderator
    Apr 2008
    Bam. And here comes the politics.

thread crapper
    Feb 2008
    It doesn't matter what we want or think, they're going to do what's in the best interest of their pocketbooks. Several politicians on both sides have been quoted as saying things along the lines of "they don't know what they want. We're going to do this anyway." They're all ticks that suck at the soul of all of us.

check your six
    I was all for Snowden when he just "leaked" the info to the American public. Informing unknowing Americans that their gov't is monitoring, spying, listening, and violating their rights is not a bad thing. However, once he ran to other countries and kept "leaking" to them, that's where I draw the line. As of now, he is an Enemy of the State and should be delt with accordingly. pop... he gone.
    "We can always find excuses if we want to find them, but if we really want to do something, we have to just go."

banned
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by girlonbike View Post
    Bam. And here comes the politics.
    And still it exists

banned
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by sodak View Post
    I was all for Snowden when he just "leaked" the info to the American public. Informing unknowing Americans that their gov't is monitoring, spying, listening, and violating their rights is not a bad thing. However, once he ran to other countries and kept "leaking" to them, that's where I draw the line. As of now, he is an Enemy of the State and should be delt with accordingly. pop... he gone.
    What would you do, if the government claimed you were what they've claimed Snowden is ?

Stay here (GITMO), and be locked up forever without a trial.

Those who think they truly live in the land of the free are fooling their-selves.

G. Carlin said it best ... "They own you ... They got you by the balls."

gobsmacked Moderator
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by bikeabuser View Post
    And still it exists
    Is that a challenge? Really?

check your six
    Ohh I agree bikeabuser. He was doomed once he opened his mouth. He could have ran BUT kept his mouth shut. Either way is a bad deal all around. I commend him for airing out the bad but I also appose him airing it out to foreign governments.
    "We can always find excuses if we want to find them, but if we really want to do something, we have to just go."

thread crapper
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by girlonbike View Post
    Is that a challenge? Really?
    The gauntlet has been thrown down. He's challenging your authority. He doesn't respect you. He thinks you're just a girl on a bike.

I'm your density
    RandomGirlOnABike?
    "Two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights make a left."
    — Ty Webb

banned
    Aug 2012
    Ohh I agree bikeabuser. He was doomed once he opened his mouth. He could have ran BUT kept his mouth shut. Either way is a bad deal all around. I commend him for airing out the bad but I also appose him airing it out to foreign governments.
    Foreign government are not stupid.
    At best, he publicly confirmed what they secretly knew.

banned
    Aug 2012
    What's the difference between Snowden and a politician ? ... Pay-grade & immunity !

mtbr member
    And still it exists

Politics in this matter may exist indeed, but bringing up global warming, Obama, Benghazi, the IRS and a few other things all in one sentence has to be one of the biggest troll posts ever. And inappropriate. And a sure way to get this thread closed.

People obviously want to have a reasonable discussion about this without people like you trying to escalate it into another political sh*tstorm.

banned
    Aug 2012
    Snowden’s mission, ideals have been subsumed by international politics

They say that idealists make for the best activists, but they do not always make for the sagest navigators of international politics. Edward Snowden’s ideals, which he said led him to reveal the U.S.’s secret surveillance programs, have landed him in the middle of some of the world’s most powerful actors. The 30-year-old and his mission appear to have been subsumed by forces much larger than himself, a world that turned out to be driven less by forces of good or evil than by the hard-nosed politics of international affairs.

SNIP
    A good read, and hard to really argue with the points being made.

banned
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by smilinsteve View Post
    Politics in this matter may exist indeed, but bringing up global warming, Obama, Benghazi, the IRS and a few other things all in one sentence has to be one of the biggest troll posts ever. And inappropriate. And a sure way to get this thread closed.

People obviously want to have a reasonable discussion about this without people like you trying to escalate it into another political sh*tstorm.
    That's our government for you ... Don't like it, don't discuss our government on MTBR
    Anything involving our government IS POLITICAL ... You can't get away from it.

And for the record ... I wasn't the first to label it for what it is.
    But I'll voice my opinion's as long as the thread exists ... Because it's not trolling ... It's reality.

High Desert MTBer
    Quote Originally Posted by random walk View Post
    RandomGirlOnABike?
    RandomGirlOnABike for Pres!

Political enough?!?
    It's all Here. Now.

thread crapper
    Feb 2008
    Nah, she needs to head up the NSA.

High Desert MTBer
    Speeches write themselves for RandomGirlOnABike...
    It's all Here. Now.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Land of the Free?????

mtbr member
    That's our government for you ... Don't like it, don't discuss our government on MTBR
    Anything involving our government IS POLITICAL ... You can't get away from it.

And for the record ... I wasn't the first to label it for what it is.
    But I'll voice my opinion's as long as the thread exists ... Because it's not trolling ... It's reality.
    I kind of figured you would justify your trolling instead of just getting the message to stick to the topic. All those other things you brought up were off topic no matter what kind of weak attempt you make to link them. And wrecking the thread for other people, just because you feel like it, is kind of selfish don't you think?

banned
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by smilinsteve View Post
    I kind of figured you would justify your trolling instead of just getting the message to stick to the topic. All those other things you brought up were off topic no matter what kind of weak attempt you make to link them. And wrecking the thread for other people, just because you feel like it, is kind of selfish don't you think?
    Who does the NSA work for ?

And if you go back and look ... Those things you mentioned are all in reference to distractions (see the post above it).
    Who created the distractions to draw attention away from each successive incident ?

So many questions.

check your six
    Foreign government are not stupid.
    At best, he publicly confirmed what they secretly knew.
    True.... good point.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    The gov't made repeated denials of conducting "listening" in the way that we now know they have been - literally collecting as many bits of data as is currently feasible, a brute force method. Every bit of communication - this was not made public nor do I think people should "assume" your gov't is doing this to you. I do not think we are any less secure because of this leak, and is certainly cause for public discussion. It's one thing for your gov't to propose, discuss, and enact in PUBLIC, it's another to do so behind closed doors without direct knowledge and consent.

Anyway - not mtbing - let's go RIDE!

banned
    Aug 2012
    True.... good point.
    Strange thing is ... It's still a cold war, game.
    The names have changed, but the tactics are the same.

No government trusts another, and each is trying to seek advantage (screw over) over an opponent, on many levels.

banned
    Aug 2012
    The two-party system is a myth hiding behind a veil of deceit.

A distraction, if you will.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast