Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Apr 2010

Do you carry a gun while riding?

Licensed carriers I mean. Do you think it is a reasonable thing to have a firearm.

~Disc~Golf~
    OMG are you serious???...
    Honestly... ahh I give up

mtbr member
    Maybe if I was riding the streets of Detroit. Or way, way deep in bear country. But bear spray would be the first line of defense.

Yes, I have a CHL.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    http://reviews.mtbr.com/blog/anti-mo...st-two-bikers/

Anti Mountain Biking Fanatic Mike Vandeman Arrested for Assault with a Deadly Weapon Against Two Bikers

Michael Joseph Vandeman was arraigned in court today. He is scheduled to re-appear in court Thursday with his legal counsel.

Vandeman was arrested by UC Berkeley police last Friday May 28th for assault with a deadly weapon. The full police report is here: http://police.berkeley.edu/crimealer...52810-37NC.htm He was reported and arrested for carrying a handsaw and cutting one of the two bikers across the chest. This is not the first time such an incidence has been reported.

Local news station KPIX Channel 5 covered the story and it ran in the local nightly news. Video is available here: http://cbs5.com/video/?id=65884

The arraignment was at 2pm Wednesday and bail was reduced from $30,000 to $12,500. It is unknown at this time if bail has been posted. Pending contact with his lawyer, Vandeman is scheduled to reappear in court Thursday to enter his plea.

Vandeman is a long time anti-mountain biking zealot who has been infamous in the SF-SJ Bay Area for decades. His campaign against mountain bikers dates back to the heyday of local cycling internet newsgroups.

UC Berkeley police urge cyclists to come forward with any information on similar assaults. University of California Police Department Criminal Investigation Bureau: (510) 642-0472 from 8AM-5PM, or (510) 642-6760 all other times.

Please help us spread awareness of these violent acts against cyclists of all categories.

>>In an unrelated story, a Florida man stabbed two cyclists who were out on a holiday ride, this past weekend. More info on our sister site here: http://reviews.roadbikereview.com/bl...cal-condition/

rides with camera
    Quote Originally Posted by idontplaynice
    Licensed carriers I mean. Do you think it is a reasonable thing to have a firearm.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Fu(k cancer

thelonebiker.com

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Why is the idea of having a gun on you so offensive.

Better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by idontplaynice
    Why is the idea of having a gun on you so offensive.

Better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it.
    Good lord, not another thread on this. Use the SEARCH function, this has been beaten to death over and over and over......... (hint, look in the recycle bin)

And your quote at the end is more tiring than an overplayed Journey song.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Okay nevermind. I did a search and went through all the old threads. Didn't realize it's such a well-worn path around here.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    I take it you all have never been a victim of violent crime. Two young men tried to rob me in Austin a couple of years ago. It was a sobering experience and made me realize it can happen to anyone anytime.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    good luck with that

mtbr member
    Many people shot and killed with guns are shot and killed with their own gun. Cops included.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycle151 View Post
    Friggin' coward. Give me a red chiclet instead of debating like a man. You don't deserve your green blocks.

NONDURO
    I may or may not be a licensed carrier. I may or may not carry a gun while riding. I may or may not carry an excessive amount of adrenaline while riding.

But usually I may or may not just carry my Kimber JPX.
    QUOTE from MTBR.COM: You have given out too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

banned
    Apr 2009
    I came down to ride the WISS (in Philly) and a HUGE Pit Bull (that the owner) could not control almost bit the **** out of my leg!!--I would have needed a 9mm to put him down If he got a hold of me. This dog went Crazy!! Like one of Michael Vick's dog's on the Attack!!

mtbr member
    May 2010
    Absolutely!!!!! I refuse to be a victim of wither the 2 legged or 4 legged animals. My life is much more important that someone or something that thinks they need to take it away from me. It is a tool. Just like a knife to cut your steak or even a car to get you somewhere. If I need it I want to have it. Sure there are other things available but if something needs to be definately stopped you can bet your life that I will stop it before it hurts me or my family or friends.

mtbr member
    How do you live with that much fear?

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Nubster
    Many people shot and killed with guns are shot and killed with their own gun. Cops included.
    Whats many compared to those that are not?

Disgruntled Peccary
    If you can't pull, aim, and fire within five seconds.. it's completely pointless weight.
    mike

mtbr member
    I'm all for firearms, the 2nd amendment as well as concealed or open carry. In fact shoot competitively in High Power cross the course and long range where I have earned a Master ranking.... the last thing I'd want to have on my while I'm riding my bike is a gun. I get nervous thinking what would happen if I crashed and my knife accidentally opened!

Not to mention it's heavy.

LAME>

AZ
    banned
    Yep , 500 S&W for those pesky chipmonk's . Little fawkers running amok endangering mtber's with their rodent antics , running across the trails putting peoples lives in jeopardy . Then when you least expect it , lulled into complacency , they attack . Woods aren't safe as long as there is a single one left .

Sheffield,South Yorkshire
    Carrying a gun in public is illegal in the UK so if we have a "situation" we just jolly well agree to disagree and have a cup of Tea

If that fails we just kick the **** out of each other........then have afternoon Tea

Wild animals don't mess with us as we're armed with a hot cup of Tea

mtbr member
    May 2010
    I have never owned or even thought of owning a hand gun. Untill recently, a guy hiking one of the trails here in Prescott, AZ got eaten (yes eaten) by a couger. I rest my case

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ibbo
    Carrying a gun in public is illegal in the UK so if we have a "situation" we just jolly well agree to disagree and have a cup of Tea

If that fails we just kick the **** out of each other........then have afternoon Tea

Wild animals don't mess with us as we're armed with a hot cup of Tea
    Well played sir. The only situation I'd consider carrying would be on my touring bike. I've run into some shady individuals in some desolate places.

~Disc~Golf~
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ.MTNS
    Yep , 500 S&W for those pesky chipmonk's . Little fawkers running amok endangering mtber's with their rodent antics , running across the trails putting peoples lives in jeopardy . Then when you least expect it , lulled into complacency , they attack . Woods aren't safe as long as there is a single one left .
    Yup!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Honestly... ahh I give up

oh yeah, all the time.

I ride with one of these mounted to my handlebars.

Those cursed deer standing in the middle of the trail. What will I ever do about them? Won't they ever learn?

What could go wrong ...
    I find hand grenades easier to operate while riding YMMV
    I used to ride to Win ... Now I ride to Grin

While my guitar gently weeps, my bike sits there mocking me

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast