Results 1 to 96 of 96
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Crankout's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    2,310

    Bonking ... not feelin' well the demise of F88me

    Being an avid lurker of that board, I'm disheartened to see that it is indeed no longer with us. It sprung out of MTBR.COM, and was always entertaining to read. Maybe it will rise from the ashes a new and stronger being.
    Stick around if you're housebroken...

  2. #2
    since 4/10/2009
    Reputation: Harold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    20,777
    I signed up in its inception...but it quickly became obvious to me that it wasn't my kind of content. so I never went back. sounds like other folks thought so, too.

  3. #3
    AZ
    AZ is offline
    banned
    Reputation: AZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    19,201
    Quote Originally Posted by Crankout View Post
    Being an avid lurker of that board, I'm disheartened to see that it is indeed no longer with us. It sprung out of MTBR.COM, and was always entertaining to read. Maybe it will rise from the ashes a new and stronger being.



    I just logged on.

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Crankout's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    2,310
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ.MTNS View Post
    I just logged on.
    Attempts from home and office have resulted in database error msgs. I gave it a go this morning and the boys have a msg posted stating that they are undergoing maintenance, so they should be up and running.

    It is not for everyone, but when the mood strikes me I go in and enjoy the car wreck.
    Stick around if you're housebroken...

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Crankout's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    2,310
    Quote Originally Posted by MiniTrail View Post
    lurker here. I'm having nazi withdrawal

    Attachment 695736
    Excellent! Appreciate the info.

    Someone dinged me some red rep for posting. Of course, the coward left no signature. Spineless twerp with no parental support due to drug and sweshyool abuse no doubt.
    Stick around if you're housebroken...

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Crankout's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    2,310
    It is up and running once again. Only those with spines may apply.
    Stick around if you're housebroken...

  7. #7
    banned
    Reputation: roadie scum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    773
    Quote Originally Posted by Crankout View Post
    It is up and running once again. Only those with spines and no brain may apply.
    fify.

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Crankout's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    2,310
    Quote Originally Posted by roadie scum View Post
    fify.
    The domain name is up for sale. Obtain it while you can, scum.
    Stick around if you're housebroken...

  9. #9
    banned
    Reputation: roadie scum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    773
    Quote Originally Posted by Crankout View Post
    The domain name is up for sale. Obtain it while you can, scum.



    Seems that just burning five dollars would be more expedient.

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Crankout's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    2,310
    Quote Originally Posted by roadie scum View Post
    Seems that just burning five dollars would be more expedient.
    Seems those clowns may have bitten by a bug! Or so reports the servo... They cannot get their rebirth in order without ole' Eddie Jones at the helm.

    Mal/HTMLGen-A - Viruses and Spyware - Threat Analyses - Threat Center - Sophos
    Stick around if you're housebroken...

  11. #11
    outdoor miner
    Reputation: leximog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    5,515
    Quote Originally Posted by Crankout View Post
    Being an avid lurker of that board, I'm disheartened to see that it is indeed no longer with us. It sprung out of MTBR.COM, and was always entertaining to read. Maybe it will rise from the ashes a new and stronger being.
    what is the glitch?

    I miss the open atmosphere of that stinking hovel.
    Experience is like a comb that life gives you when you are bald

  12. #12
    outdoor miner
    Reputation: leximog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    5,515
    Quote Originally Posted by leximog View Post
    what is the glitch?

    I miss the open atmosphere of that stinking hovel.

    Ok, I see it.

    The old host, Network Solutions, is scum. They are holding the domain hostage to try and extract a few more $$$ after they were ditched as host. Unethical, yes.

    That's "business" in an increasingly rough business clime, I guess.

    Anyway, you will have to wait a bit longer to state your opinions on bicycles openly and without advertiser censorship.

    Experience is like a comb that life gives you when you are bald

  13. #13
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    73
    F88me deserved to die. It was a lifeboat that became like the sinking ship it had abandoned. Good riddance. Now if only Off Camber wasn't so restrictive. It might actually become an interesting alternative. I'm not holding my breath though. It seems that the management of MTBR.com is convinced that political discussion is unmanageable for some reason.

  14. #14
    outdoor miner
    Reputation: leximog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    5,515
    Quote Originally Posted by nebelwerfer42 View Post
    F88me deserved to die. It was a lifeboat that became like the sinking ship it had abandoned. Good riddance. Now if only Off Camber wasn't so restrictive. It might actually become an interesting alternative. I'm not holding my breath though. It seems that the management of MTBR.com is convinced that political discussion is unmanageable for some reason.

    bitter much?

    I guess you are on a permaban over there,
    Experience is like a comb that life gives you when you are bald

  15. #15
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    73
    It looks like everybody is on a permaban from f88me, since it no longer exists!

  16. #16
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    73
    I don't think you can get away with calling somebody an idiot here on MTBR.com. Why don't you go back to f88me where such things are tolerated?

    Oh right, I forgot.

    F88me no longer exists!

    The hammerhead is dead!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  17. #17
    AZ
    AZ is offline
    banned
    Reputation: AZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    19,201
    Yawn.

  18. #18
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    73
    The new f88me administrator...
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  19. #19
    Crazed Country Rebel
    Reputation: iheartbicycles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    6,305
    Quote Originally Posted by leximog View Post
    Ok, I see it.

    The old host, Network Solutions, is scum. They are holding the domain hostage to try and extract a few more $$$ after they were ditched as host. Unethical, yes.

    That's "business" in an increasingly rough business clime, I guess.

    Anyway, you will have to wait a bit longer to state your opinions on bicycles openly and without advertiser censorship.

    nobody on f88me does anything other than ***** and moan. there is almost nothing bicycle related.
    Stupid, but sometimes witty. Occasionally brilliant. Slow and fat though.

    Mike Vandeman Sucks Dong

  20. #20
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    73
    Sad but true.

  21. #21
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    73
    Who will be held responsible for this latest colossal screw up? I guess it doesn't matter anymore since the treehouse has collapsed. It will cost hundreds of dollars(possibly thousands) to establish a new f88me. The old site will be completey eradicated unless the members decide to pay the ransom to whoever now owns it. Who would want to trust their donations to the current management when they have shown themselves to be completely incapable of even the most basic administrative supervision?

    A new site could be constructed, but that too will cost hundreds of dollars, not to mention the burden of doing the actual work. Good luck finding volunteers to donate time for such inept managers. The management should at the very least refund any money donated. To not do so would be tantamount to theft. What right do they have to keep the donations?

    I must say that it is sweet indeed to watch the whole project unravel at the hands of a hypocritical buffoon after so short a time as owner.

  22. #22
    Crazed Country Rebel
    Reputation: iheartbicycles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    6,305
    Quote Originally Posted by nebelwerfer42 View Post
    Who will be held responsible for this latest colossal screw up? I guess it doesn't matter anymore since the treehouse has collapsed. It will cost hundreds of dollars(possibly thousands) to establish a new f88me. The old site will be completey eradicated unless the members decide to pay the ransom to whoever now owns it. Who would want to trust their donations to the current management when they have shown themselves to be completely incapable of even the most basic administrative supervision?

    A new site could be constructed, but that too will cost hundreds of dollars, not to mention the burden of doing the actual work. Good luck finding volunteers to donate time for such inept managers. The management should at the very least refund any money donated. To not do so would be tantamount to theft. What right do they have to keep the donations?

    I must say that it is sweet indeed to watch the whole project unravel at the hands of a hypocritical buffoon after so short a time as owner.
    Hey, I hear of a really cool coat company in CA that specializes in fake fur. I wonder if the new F88 would be interested?
    Stupid, but sometimes witty. Occasionally brilliant. Slow and fat though.

    Mike Vandeman Sucks Dong

  23. #23
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    73
    Probably. They could use the garments to cover their heads in shame. They could buy them with the donations they stole from the members. Isn't it convenient that the new owner registered privately so that nobody can discover who he is or where he lives? Now he can keep all the funds to support his alcohol addiction and nobody can do anything about it.

    Isn't anonymity wonderful?

  24. #24
    Crazed Country Rebel
    Reputation: iheartbicycles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    6,305
    Quote Originally Posted by nebelwerfer42 View Post
    Probably. They could use the garments to cover their heads in shame. They could buy them with the donations they stole from the members. Isn't it convenient that the new owner registered privately so that nobody can discover who he is or where he lives? Now he can keep all the funds to support his alcohol addiction and nobody can do anything about it.

    Isn't anonymity wonderful?
    I think you're a bit paranoid.
    Stupid, but sometimes witty. Occasionally brilliant. Slow and fat though.

    Mike Vandeman Sucks Dong

  25. #25
    mtbr member
    Reputation: darkslide18's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    1,065
    F88me will be back up in a few days. Having some issues with our domain name. Our old hosting company went rogue. Sorry to disappoint you enduroman I mean nebelwerfer42.

  26. #26
    mtbr member
    Reputation: darkslide18's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    1,065
    Quote Originally Posted by iheartbicycles View Post
    Hey, I hear of a really cool coat company in CA that specializes in fake fur. I wonder if the new F88 would be interested?
    No that is Faux Fur.

  27. #27
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    157
    I know you are hard of hearing so


    NOBODY GIVES A ****!

    A DEAD F88 IS BETTER THAN ONE THAT HAS YOU AS A MEMBER

  28. #28
    mtbr member
    Reputation: darkslide18's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    1,065
    Quote Originally Posted by nebelwerfer42 View Post
    Probably. They could use the garments to cover their heads in shame. They could buy them with the donations they stole from the members. Isn't it convenient that the new owner registered privately so that nobody can discover who he is or where he lives? Now he can keep all the funds to support his alcohol addiction and nobody can do anything about it.

    Isn't anonymity wonderful?
    Yeah, so anonymous that you looked up my whois info and called me multiple times inquiring about a site you are banned from?

    O....K

    BTW: did you ever donate to the site? If you would like Ill send you a refund. I would need a receipt of course proving that you did indeed donate.

  29. #29
    mtbr member
    Reputation: darkslide18's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    1,065
    Quote Originally Posted by nebelwerfer42 View Post
    Issues? Oh, you mean SOME RETARTED MORAN forgot to pay the maintenance fees. Network Solutions doesn't just arbitrarily cancel domain registrations. The domain was sold to a NETSOL affiliate and now you have to buy it back with the funds donated by members who foolishly trusted you.

    Can't you at least be honest?

    Wow. Your obsession is unhealthy. Seriously. Get laid or something.

  30. #30
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    73
    Issues? Oh, you mean some RETARTED MORAN forgot to pay the maintenance fees. Network Solutions doesn't just arbitrarily cancel domain registrations. The domain was sold to a NETSOL affiliate and now you have to buy it back with the funds donated by members who foolishly trusted you.

    Can't you at least be honest?

  31. #31
    I miss f88
    Reputation: laxman2001's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,469
    I blame atavist.
    WHEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!
    ------__o
    ----_`\<,_
    ---(_)/ (_)

  32. #32
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    73
    Who screwed up? How much will it cost?

  33. #33
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    73
    The last owner managed to at least maintain the site even when his personal and financial life was suffering. What is your excuse Astroglide18, PTSD?

    Why don't you offer to refund the member donations? They have paid to support a site that is constantly malfunctioning or offline. Not exactly value for money.

  34. #34
    mtbr member
    Reputation: darkslide18's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    1,065
    Quote Originally Posted by nebelwerfer42 View Post
    The last owner managed to at least maintain the site even when his personal and financial life was suffering. What is your excuse Astroglide18, PTSD?

    Why don't you offer to refund the member donations? They have paid to support a site that is constantly malfunctioning or offline. Not exactly value for money.
    Is this what banning you has done to you?

  35. #35
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    73
    How much will it cost THE MEMBERS(whose money you will waste) to buy back the site?

    Why are you not admitting your error instead of lying to the DONATING MEMBERS about some "rogue" hosting company? I thought you believed in transparency and accountability?

  36. #36
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    157
    How much will it cost?

    who cares?

    Miley has agreed to do a benefit concert to raise funds for our website




    I will post pics for you here so you can see them

  37. #37
    mtbr member
    Reputation: darkslide18's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    1,065
    Quote Originally Posted by nebelwerfer42 View Post
    I never called you. You are mistaken or you are misrepresenting the facts.

    Now back to this evening's program. Who screwed up and how much will it cost? Stop avoiding the questions.
    Seriously you sound creepy on the phone. Even creepier on my voice mails. I think being a seamstress and half deaf has something to do with it.

  38. #38
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    73
    I never called you. You are mistaken or you are misrepresenting the facts.

    Now back to this evening's program. Who screwed up and how much will it cost? Stop avoiding the questions.

  39. #39
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    157
    Quote Originally Posted by nebelwerfer42 View Post
    I never called you. You are mistaken or you are misrepresenting the facts.

    Now back to this evening's program. Who screwed up and how much will it cost? Stop avoiding the questions.
    Why do you care?

    The members will pay to make sure that the website exists

    maybe we will by the domain name enduroman.******.net and use that instead of f88

  40. #40
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    73
    "The members will pay".

    Like taxpayers, they will bear the burden for somebody's ineptitude and dishonesty? Don't be so sure about that.

  41. #41
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    73
    Wrong guy Astroglide.

    Who screwed up and How much will it cost "the members"(since you are unwilling to cover the cost yourself, let alone admit responsibility for it)?

  42. #42
    Yes, that's fonetic
    Reputation: whoda*huck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    3,897
    Quote Originally Posted by nebelwerfer42 View Post
    ...RETARTED MORAN ...
    For effect or poetic hypocrisy?

  43. #43
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    73
    Gregg and Francis must be enjoying this thread. It's f88me's own little IBEX fiasco right here on MTBR.com, with Darkslide18 playing the part of lyin' Jack(complete with his little pack of fanboys). It ends the same way too, with the forum closed and lyin' Jack(this time played by Astroboy) in disgrace.

    IBEX88me.com

  44. #44
    I miss f88
    Reputation: laxman2001's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,469
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails the demise of F88me-picture-1.jpg  

    WHEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!
    ------__o
    ----_`\<,_
    ---(_)/ (_)

  45. #45
    mtbr member
    Reputation: darkslide18's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    1,065
    Quote Originally Posted by sonett iii View Post
    Why do you care?

    The members will pay to make sure that the website exists

    maybe we will by the domain name enduroman.******.net and use that instead of f88
    This has merit.

  46. #46
    mtbr member
    Reputation: darkslide18's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    1,065
    Quote Originally Posted by nebelwerfer42 View Post
    How about Darkslide18 is a liar.com? He blames a "rogue" hosting company for his error and then expects "the members" to pay for his mistake(which he will not even admit to).
    halfdeafcanadians.com

  47. #47
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    73
    How about Darkslide18 is a liar.com? He blames a "rogue" hosting company for his error and then expects "the members" to pay for his mistake(which he will not even admit to). Meanwhile, his pathetic little fanboys complacently accept his avoidance of serious questions regarding the matter.

    Who didn't pay NETSOL?

    How much will it cost the MEMBERS?

  48. #48
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    73
    You're doing a great job here on MTBR.com Astroglide18. You promote f88me as a site where members control the policy and not commercial interests. Yet when asked direct questions about ownership responsibility and attendant costs of ownership errors, you respond with insults.

    Why are you avoiding the questions?

    Who is responsible for the error, and how much will it cost the members? I have asked several times and have not received an answer. Anyone reading this will avoid f88me if this is how the owner conducts himself on an important website like MTBR.com. Thousands of people will read this and rightly conclude that f88me.com is run by people who are not trustworthy and not competent. Good going Astroglide18, keep up the good work.

    Gregg and Francis should sticky this thread for all to read, so that everyone can see what f88me is REALLY all about. It's a little insider site where a small group(the Treehouse Gang) can do whatever they please with member donations, and not feel compelled to offer any accountability for their actions.

    Good work. Keep it up. The new members will be signing up in drives to get in on that action!

  49. #49
    mtbr member
    Reputation: darkslide18's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    1,065
    Quote Originally Posted by nebelwerfer42 View Post
    you're doing a great job here on mtbr.com astroglide18. You promote f88me as a site where members control the policy and not commercial interests. Yet when asked direct questions about ownership responsibility and attendant costs of ownership errors, you respond with insults.

    Why are you avoiding the questions?

    Who is responsible for the error, and how much will it cost the members? I have asked several times and have not received an answer. Anyone reading this will avoid f88me if this is how the owner conducts himself on an important website like mtbr.com. Thousands of people will read this and rightly conclude that f88me.com is run by people who are not trustworthy and not competent. Good going astroglide18, keep up the good work.

    Gregg and francis should sticky this thread for all to read, so that everyone can see what f88me is really all about. It's a little insider site where a small group(the treehouse gang) can do whatever they please with member donations, and not feel compelled to offer any accountability for their actions.

    Good work. Keep it up. The new members will be signing up in drives to get in on that action!
    lulz.

  50. #50
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    73
    Are you even sober?

  51. #51
    mtbr member
    Reputation: darkslide18's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    1,065
    Quote Originally Posted by nebelwerfer42 View Post
    Are you even sober?
    iloveunderagemileycyrus.com

  52. #52
    I miss f88
    Reputation: laxman2001's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,469
    Quote Originally Posted by darkslide18 View Post
    iloveunderagemileycyrus.com
    he already has that one registered
    WHEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!
    ------__o
    ----_`\<,_
    ---(_)/ (_)

  53. #53
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    73
    You have obviously mistaken me for somebody else.

    I guess you have decided to abandon f88me. Why else would you openly appear on MTBR.com(which your site disparages at every opportunity) and make a complete fool of yourself as owner of f88me?

    Gregg and Francis must be having a good laugh. I know I am.


    A link to oblivion:

    www.f88me.com

  54. #54
    outdoor miner
    Reputation: leximog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    5,515
    Quote Originally Posted by nebelwerfer42 View Post
    You have obviously mistaken me for somebody else.

    I guess you have decided to abandon f88me. Why else would you openly appear on MTBR.com(which your site disparages at every opportunity) and make a complete fool of yourself as owner of f88me?

    Gregg and Francis must be having a good laugh. I know I am.


    A link to oblivion:

    www.f88me.com
    You are bitter.

    Why so?
    Experience is like a comb that life gives you when you are bald

  55. #55
    Suckin wind like a boss
    Reputation: big terry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,680
    man oh man this is one of the most epic threads ever.
    If you arent bleeding, you arent riding hard enough.
    http://about.me/bigterry

    Quote Originally Posted by Hutch3637 View Post
    I don't need sex. My life fvcks me daily.

  56. #56
    banned
    Reputation: roadie scum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    773
    Quote Originally Posted by big terry View Post
    man oh man this is one of the most epic threads ever.



    Yeah. The suck that this crap brings to the forum is on an epic level.

  57. #57
    transitional form
    Reputation: Belfrey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,582
    It's a leaky ship that was not too stable to begin with, but hey, it's ours. Many of the members are in touch during this down period (which is how word spread about this thread), and strangely, everyone seems to be coping without much drama or bitterness about it - except for those who had flounced or were banned. Given that the "ownership" is a volunteer position, I think most of us are just glad we're not the ones that have to deal with Network Solutions.

  58. #58
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    73
    Who is responsible for not paying the domain registration fees and how much will it cost to regain control of the domain name? Please don't repeat the obvious lie that NETSOL went "rogue". Millions of websites are hosted by Network Solutions. They don't just go "rogue" and sell registered and maintained domains to third party resellers. The inept management of f88me failed in it's most fundamental responsibility, that of retaining control of the domain name. Instead of admitting the error, they blame Network Solutions. To top it off, the "members" are expected to pay for the mistake, and not the administrator who is responsible. Even worse, there is no mention of what the expected cost will be to regain the domain name. It will not be $9.99, you can bet on that. The site is already on backorder status and will go to public auction to the highest bidder. I won't be surprised if somebody outbids the treehouse gang just to teach them a lesson.

    Just answer the questions Astroglide18.
    Who made the mistake, how much will it cost to reinstate the site, and why should the members be expected to pay for the errors of management?
    Last edited by nebelwerfer42; 05-27-2012 at 08:12 AM.

  59. #59
    Suckin wind like a boss
    Reputation: big terry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,680
    Quote Originally Posted by nebelwerfer42 View Post
    Who is responsible for not paying the domain registration fees and how much will it cost to regain control of the domain name? Please don't repeat the obvious lie that NETSOL went "rogue". Millions of websites are hosted by Network Solutions. They don't just go "rogue" and sell registered and maintained domains to third party resellers. The inept management of f88me failed in it's most fundamental responsibility, that of retaining control of the domain name. Instead of admitting the error, they blame Network Solutions. To top it off, the "members" are expected to pay for the mistake, and not the administrator who is responsible. Even worse, there is no mention of what the expected cost will be to regain the domain name. It will not be $9.99, you can bet on that. The site is already on backorder status and will go to public auction to the highest bidder. I won't be surprised if somebody outbids the treehouse gang just to teach them a lesson.

    Just answer the questions Astroglide18.
    Who made the mistake, how much will it cost to reinstate the site, and why should the members be expected to pay for the errors of management?
    you sound like an incredibly butthurt troll, and based on what ive seen in just this thread i would guess your removal was eminently justified.

    however, should you feel the need to complain EVEN MORE than you already have...




    im sure there MUST be someone out there who truly gives a fcuk what you say.
    If you arent bleeding, you arent riding hard enough.
    http://about.me/bigterry

    Quote Originally Posted by Hutch3637 View Post
    I don't need sex. My life fvcks me daily.

  60. #60
    fresh fish in stock...... SuperModerator
    Reputation: CHUM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    8,621
    O...M...G...

    this whole thread....

    dammit
    Click Here for Forum Rules

  61. #61
    Suckin wind like a boss
    Reputation: big terry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,680
    Quote Originally Posted by CHUM View Post
    O...M...G...

    this whole thread....

    dammit
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to CHUM again.
    If you arent bleeding, you arent riding hard enough.
    http://about.me/bigterry

    Quote Originally Posted by Hutch3637 View Post
    I don't need sex. My life fvcks me daily.

  62. #62
    mtbr member
    Reputation: theMeat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    4,450
    Oh CHUM, feel sorry for you at times like this but please, do what you must.
    Round and round we go

  63. #63
    BTDT
    Reputation: Troythe8th's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by slowpitch View Post
    Dude, seriously, you were banned. Permanantly. You have called begging to be let back in. You stalk people in meat space. You are a self admitted pedophile. You are the only one going full on emotional about this deal. You even made that dorky guy your avatar.

    Get help.
    This x10. But you have to give it to him. He carries his torch very high and very proud to do so. He is very dedicated to his cause. Determination like that is very rare. If only he would turn those characteristics toward a worthy cause the change he could make would be phenominal.
    F88me.com come join the party

  64. #64
    AZ
    AZ is offline
    banned
    Reputation: AZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    19,201
    Quote Originally Posted by theMeat View Post
    Oh CHUM, feel sorry for you at times like this but please, do what you must.


    And remember to tip your waitress.

  65. #65
    occasionally good
    Reputation: Mountaingirl1961's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    7,090
    Please, oh please, CHUM, ban Enduroman (hiding behind nebelwerfer42 currently).

    We would laugh so hard.

    ++++++++++++++

    FWIW, this one's on NetSol, which is one of the reasons we moved away from them as our hosting company. Unending screwups and garbage customer service.

    And, for your information Enduro, the domain name registration was paid in March, to NetSol, when it was due. When we moved our hosting away from NetSol they (mistakenly or not) sold our domain name to a reseller, even though the domain name registration was done through NetSol and we had paid our bill in plenty of time. It's a holiday weekend so apparently there isn't anybody around who can resolve this until business hours.

    Like I said, terrible customer service. Good riddance to bad garbage, we'll be glad to see the end of them forever.

    ++++++++++++++

    Those who enjoy our little train wreck are welcome to join in. Or just lurk, whatever floats your boat. If it isn't your gig, no biggie, emptybeer is here just for you.
    Don't ask me a question unless you really want to hear what I think.

  66. #66
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    73
    Quote Originally Posted by slowpitch View Post
    Dude, seriously, you were banned. Permanantly. You have called begging to be let back in. You stalk people in meat space. You are a self admitted pedophile. You are the only one going full on emotional about this deal. You even made that dorky guy your avatar.

    Get help.
    Once again, you have the wrong person.

    Watching f88me flounder is a pleasure. It is even more entertaining to discuss it on MTBR. It must be torture for you people to use MTBR as a platform for discussion, when all you ever do on f88me.com is disparage this very site. Despite it's imperfections, MTBR is still functioning. Meanwhile, f88me is in the hands of a third party reseller, to be sold to the highest bidder at auction. Instead of criticizing the management of f88me for it's complete incompetence, you attack those raise the questions that the rest of you avoid.

    Any site administrator that is even remotely concerned about professional responsibility would at least answer the questions asked. Instead the issues are avoided and the one asking questions is insulted and slandered. That is how f88me operates folks. The site that prides itself on open discussion and freedom from insider control is on display right here on MTBR in all it's hypocritical glory.

    Sign up now and help prevent f88me from sliding into oblivion!

    Donate now so that Astroglide18 can lose control of the site you support with no explanation whatsoever!

    Donate now so that you can be lied to about some "rogue" hosting service when you ask what caused the current problem.

    Donate to f88me now so that MTBR can host you when f88me goes down PERMANENTLY!

    Oh the irony...

  67. #67
    banned
    Reputation: roadie scum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    773
    An appropos opportunity for sock puppet annihilation.

  68. #68
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    73
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountaingirl1961 View Post
    Please, oh please, CHUM, ban Enduroman (hiding behind nebelwerfer42 currently).

    We would laugh so hard.

    ++++++++++++++

    FWIW, this one's on NetSol, which is one of the reasons we moved away from them as our hosting company. Unending screwups and garbage customer service.

    And, for your information Enduro, the domain name registration was paid in March, to NetSol, when it was due. When we moved our hosting away from NetSol they (mistakenly or not) sold our domain name to a reseller, even though the domain name registration was done through NetSol and we had paid our bill in plenty of time. It's a holiday weekend so apparently there isn't anybody around who can resolve this until business hours.

    Like I said, terrible customer service. Good riddance to bad garbage, we'll be glad to see the end of them forever.

    ++++++++++++++

    Those who enjoy our little train wreck are welcome to join in. Or just lurk, whatever floats your boat. If it isn't your gig, no biggie, emptybeer is here just for you.
    At least you have the decency to offer an explanation. Whether it is true or not is another matter. I suspect it is not true. What is probably true is that the fees were not paid on time, so the domain name was revoked. Now f88me has to buy it back and relocate to another host. This explanation makes more sense, given the inability and unwillingness to answer questions by Astroglide18.

  69. #69
    mtbr member
    Reputation: darkslide18's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    1,065
    Quote Originally Posted by nebelwerfer42 View Post
    Once again, you have the wrong person.

    Watching f88me flounder is a pleasure. It is even more entertaining to discuss it on MTBR. It must be torture for you people to use MTBR as a platform for discussion, when all you ever do on f88me.com is disparage this very site. Despite it's imperfections, MTBR is still functioning. Meanwhile, f88me is in the hands of a third party reseller, to be sold to the highest bidder at auction. Instead of criticizing the management of f88me for it's complete incompetence, you attack those raise the questions that the rest of you avoid.

    Any site administrator that is even remotely concerned about professional responsibility would at least answer the questions asked. Instead the issues are avoided and the one asking questions is insulted and slandered. That is how f88me operates folks. The site that prides itself on open discussion and freedom from insider control is on display right here on MTBR in all it's hypocritical glory.

    Sign up now and help prevent f88me from sliding into oblivion!

    Donate now so that Astroglide18 can lose control of the site you support with no explanation whatsoever!

    Donate now so that you can be lied to about some "rogue" hosting service when you ask what caused the current problem.

    Donate to f88me now so that MTBR can host you when f88me goes down PERMANENTLY!

    Oh the irony...
    Actually, I answer to our members. To bad you aren't one. I mean you have to admit, getting banned from f88me is pretty dumb. Obsessing about it for almost 2 years? Uh, I don't even have a word in my vocabulary to describe that. Ill go with sexual frustration. So ill guess this will end up with creepy sounding voice mails. Seriously, find a girlfriend or something.

  70. #70
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    73
    Great answers.

    "It's all the fault of NETSOL".

    "NETSOL is crappy(but we are perfect)".

    "Netsol went rogue on us".

    Why should anyone believe anything you say? You are fundamentally dishonest. Back on f88me all you do is disparage MTBR, yet here you are on "emptybeer" as you call it, defending your non existent site from it's detractors with insults and lies.

    There is a reason why "emptybeer" is hosting this discussion and f88me is not. MTBR is managed properly and f88me is not. There are many threads on f88me, started by the management, asking "how can we increase membership" and "why are we constantly losing members". I think the answer should be obvious to anyone reading this thread. F88me management is dishonest and incompetent.

    Good luck on your next membership drive/spam attack.

  71. #71
    banned
    Reputation: roadie scum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    773
    The level of butthurt that you bring to this thread has rarely been matched. What an asset.
    Last edited by roadie scum; 05-27-2012 at 10:51 AM.

  72. #72
    I miss f88
    Reputation: laxman2001's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,469
    Quote Originally Posted by nebelwerfer42 View Post
    Who made the mistake, how much will it cost to reinstate the site, and why should the members be expected to pay for the errors of management?
    To answer your questions:
    1. Your mom, by not aborting you.
    2. Don't know, but I say we let you in if you "prove your dedication" by paying it, and then banning you the second you do. That'd be funny.
    3. because they were smart enough to ban you.
    WHEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!
    ------__o
    ----_`\<,_
    ---(_)/ (_)

  73. #73
    BTDT
    Reputation: Troythe8th's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by nebelwerfer42 View Post
    Great answers.

    "It's all the fault of NETSOL".

    "NETSOL is crappy(but we are perfect)".

    "Netsol went rogue on us".

    Why should anyone believe anything you say? You are fundamentally dishonest. Back on f88me all you do is disparage MTBR, yet here you are on "emptybeer" as you call it, defending your non existent site from it's detractors with insults and lies.

    There is a reason why "emptybeer" is hosting this discussion and f88me is not. MTBR is managed properly and f88me is not. There are many threads on f88me, started by the management, asking "how can we increase membership" and "why are we constantly losing members". I think the answer should be obvious to anyone reading this thread. F88me management is dishonest and incompetent.

    Good luck on your next membership drive/spam attack.
    Heres a question for you.
    Why are you not enduroman on here?
    F88me.com come join the party

  74. #74
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    73
    Enjoying the 'emptybeer', fanboys?

    F88me fanboys invade MTBR. Now that is entertaining. Once f88me is up and running again(if ever), we can review the previous posts by these same fanboys disparaging MTBR. Yet for now, here they are on MTBR, because f88me is so badly manged that they have no other option.

    If that's not a perfect reason not to join f88me, I don't know what is.

  75. #75
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Tripp88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    287
    Are your panties really in a knot about a website going down? You really need a life and a new hobby!
    Current Ride:2012 BAMF Full Nelson

  76. #76
    fresh fish in stock...... SuperModerator
    Reputation: CHUM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    8,621
    just got back from a ride - very nice out...good little spin in the Santa Cruz mountains....

    so...what did I miss?
    Click Here for Forum Rules

  77. #77
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Tripp88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    287
    nothing worthwhile... a potential bin worthy topic in the making
    Current Ride:2012 BAMF Full Nelson

  78. #78
    Suckin wind like a boss
    Reputation: big terry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,680
    Quote Originally Posted by CHUM View Post
    just got back from a ride - very nice out...good little spin in the Santa Cruz mountains....

    so...what did I miss?
    Envious. I'm at work.

    Sent from the damn kitchen using Tapatalk 2
    If you arent bleeding, you arent riding hard enough.
    http://about.me/bigterry

    Quote Originally Posted by Hutch3637 View Post
    I don't need sex. My life fvcks me daily.

  79. #79
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Tripp88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    287
    I am also working!! way to rub it in Chum
    Current Ride:2012 BAMF Full Nelson

  80. #80
    AZ
    AZ is offline
    banned
    Reputation: AZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    19,201
    I'm watching the automobile races. I don't know which was more underwhelming, the finish @ Indy or this thread.

  81. #81
    BTDT
    Reputation: Troythe8th's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by nebelwerfer42 View Post
    Enjoying the 'emptybeer', fanboys?

    F88me fanboys invade MTBR. Now that is entertaining. Once f88me is up and running again(if ever), we can review the previous posts by these same fanboys disparaging MTBR. Yet for now, here they are on MTBR, because f88me is so badly manged that they have no other option.

    If that's not a perfect reason not to join f88me, I don't know what is.
    You are a major contradiction. You want back on f88 so bad you cant stand yourself. Yet you state its not worth joining. I do believe you are insane or bipolar maybe both.

    How about answering my question? Talk about evading a direct question. Why is your handle not Enduroman on here. That is who you really are and has always been your handle so why not use it here? Serious question.
    F88me.com come join the party

  82. #82
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Tripp88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    287
    Quote Originally Posted by Troythe8th View Post
    You are a major contradiction. You want back on f88 so bad you cant stand yourself. Yet you state its not worth joining. I do believe you are insane or bipolar maybe both.

    How about answering my question? Talk about evading a direct question. Why is your handle not Enduroman on here. That is who you really are and has always been your handle so why not use it here? Serious question.
    Its his alter ego!!
    Current Ride:2012 BAMF Full Nelson

  83. #83
    outdoor miner
    Reputation: leximog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    5,515
    Quote Originally Posted by iheartbicycles View Post
    nobody on f88me does anything other than ***** and moan. there is almost nothing bicycle related.
    It must feel mighty good to get that off your chest. Anything else you want to tell us about, other than having a good old ***** and moan
    Experience is like a comb that life gives you when you are bald

  84. #84
    injured reserve list
    Reputation: Scrub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    585
    What is an F88me and NESTOL?
    You're not entitled to anything until you work hard and earn it. CMQ

  85. #85
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Tripp88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    287
    Apparently F88me was a MTB forum with less strict rules then this forum(MTBR).. On this forum I guess they pay to bash the people on MTBR. And now the F88 people are jumping on this site to bash the administrators of F88 because of misused funds. And I'm guessing that NESTOL holds the domain name hostage..

    This is the way I understand it.
    Current Ride:2012 BAMF Full Nelson

  86. #86
    outdoor miner
    Reputation: leximog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    5,515
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripp88 View Post
    Apparently F88me was a MTB forum with less strict rules then this forum(MTBR).. On this forum I guess they pay to bash the people on MTBR. And now the F88 people are jumping on this site to bash the administrators of F88 because of misused funds. And I'm guessing that NESTOL holds the domain name hostage..

    This is the way I understand it.

    Sort of close .

    The person doing the bashing is not an f88member. He got 30,000 posts of drivel and insanity over there before the mods canned him.

    Looks like you guys have him chained down, nicely. Well done!
    (you are welcome to him)

    f88me'rs are lame-brained malcontents that can't handle moderation. If you are one, come over. It's a zoo with no bars
    Experience is like a comb that life gives you when you are bald

  87. #87
    C88
    C88 is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    3,753
    Is this "conversation" seriously happening?

    Oy vey...

  88. #88
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Tripp88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    287
    Im fine with where I am now.. Never had a problem with the way that this forum is moderated
    Current Ride:2012 BAMF Full Nelson

  89. #89
    I like pie.
    Reputation: Mr5150's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    582
    This thread. Just like old times.

  90. #90
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Tripp88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    287
    Did nebelwerfer42 get put in timeout because he has been mighty quiet lately
    Current Ride:2012 BAMF Full Nelson

  91. #91
    AZ
    AZ is offline
    banned
    Reputation: AZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    19,201
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripp88 View Post
    Did nebelwerfer42 get put in timeout because he has been mighty quiet lately


    Curfew? Most institutions have them.

  92. #92
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Tripp88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    287
    That is true..
    Current Ride:2012 BAMF Full Nelson

  93. #93
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    73
    Quote Originally Posted by C88 View Post
    Is this "conversation" seriously happening?

    Oy vey...
    Pipe down or I will Nebelwerfer you next, "88".

  94. #94
    Cleavage Of The Tetons
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    5,067
    ibex Sux...Free Kronik!!!!
    "We LOVE cows! They make trails for us.....

    And then we eat them."

  95. #95
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    73
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripp88 View Post
    Did nebelwerfer42 get put in timeout because he has been mighty quiet lately
    My objective has been achieved.

Members who have read this thread: 1

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •