Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    mtbr member

Bonking ... not feelin' well the demise of F88me

Being an avid lurker of that board, I'm disheartened to see that it is indeed no longer with us. It sprung out of MTBR.COM, and was always entertaining to read. Maybe it will rise from the ashes a new and stronger being.
    Get me the knuckles of Frisco..

I signed up in its inception...but it quickly became obvious to me that it wasn't my kind of content. so I never went back. sounds like other folks thought so, too.

AZ
    banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Crankout View Post
    Being an avid lurker of that board, I'm disheartened to see that it is indeed no longer with us. It sprung out of MTBR.COM, and was always entertaining to read. Maybe it will rise from the ashes a new and stronger being.

I just logged on.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ.MTNS View Post
    I just logged on.
    Attempts from home and office have resulted in database error msgs. I gave it a go this morning and the boys have a msg posted stating that they are undergoing maintenance, so they should be up and running.

It is not for everyone, but when the mood strikes me I go in and enjoy the car wreck.

mighty sailin' man
    lurker here. I'm having nazi withdrawal

the demise of F88me-sharkout.jpg

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by MiniTrail View Post
    lurker here. I'm having nazi withdrawal

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sharkout.jpg 
Views:	520 
Size:	55.4 KB 
ID:	695736
    Excellent! Appreciate the info.

Someone dinged me some red rep for posting. Of course, the coward left no signature. Spineless twerp with no parental support due to drug and sweshyool abuse no doubt.

mtbr member
    It is up and running once again. Only those with spines may apply.

banned
    It is up and running once again. Only those with spines and no brain may apply.
    fify.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by roadie scum View Post
    fify.
    The domain name is up for sale. Obtain it while you can, scum.

banned
    The domain name is up for sale. Obtain it while you can, scum.

Seems that just burning five dollars would be more expedient.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by roadie scum View Post
    Seems that just burning five dollars would be more expedient.
    Seems those clowns may have bitten by a bug! Or so reports the servo... They cannot get their rebirth in order without ole' Eddie Jones at the helm.

Mal/HTMLGen-A - Viruses and Spyware - Threat Analyses - Threat Center - Sophos

outdoor miner
    what is the glitch?

I miss the open atmosphere of that stinking hovel.
    [SIZE=-1]Experience is like a comb that life gives you when you are bald[/SIZE]

outdoor miner
    Quote Originally Posted by leximog View Post
    what is the glitch?

I miss the open atmosphere of that stinking hovel.

Ok, I see it.

The old host, Network Solutions, is scum. They are holding the domain hostage to try and extract a few more $$$ after they were ditched as host. Unethical, yes.

That's "business" in an increasingly rough business clime, I guess.

Anyway, you will have to wait a bit longer to state your opinions on bicycles openly and without advertiser censorship.

banned
    Mar 2012
    F88me deserved to die. It was a lifeboat that became like the sinking ship it had abandoned. Good riddance. Now if only Off Camber wasn't so restrictive. It might actually become an interesting alternative. I'm not holding my breath though. It seems that the management of MTBR.com is convinced that political discussion is unmanageable for some reason.

outdoor miner
    Quote Originally Posted by nebelwerfer42 View Post
    F88me deserved to die. It was a lifeboat that became like the sinking ship it had abandoned. Good riddance. Now if only Off Camber wasn't so restrictive. It might actually become an interesting alternative. I'm not holding my breath though. It seems that the management of MTBR.com is convinced that political discussion is unmanageable for some reason.

bitter much?

I guess you are on a permaban over there,

banned
    Mar 2012
    It looks like everybody is on a permaban from f88me, since it no longer exists!

banned
    Mar 2012
    I don't think you can get away with calling somebody an idiot here on MTBR.com. Why don't you go back to f88me where such things are tolerated?

Oh right, I forgot.

F88me no longer exists!

The hammerhead is dead!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

AZ
    banned
    Yawn.

banned
    Mar 2012
    The new f88me administrator...
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Crazed Country Rebel
    Quote Originally Posted by leximog View Post
    Ok, I see it.

The old host, Network Solutions, is scum. They are holding the domain hostage to try and extract a few more $$$ after they were ditched as host. Unethical, yes.

That's "business" in an increasingly rough business clime, I guess.

Anyway, you will have to wait a bit longer to state your opinions on bicycles openly and without advertiser censorship.

nobody on f88me does anything other than ***** and moan. there is almost nothing bicycle related.
    Stupid, but sometimes witty. Occasionally brilliant. Slow and fat though.

Specialized sucks dong

banned
    Mar 2012
    Sad but true.

banned
    Mar 2012
    Who will be held responsible for this latest colossal screw up? I guess it doesn't matter anymore since the treehouse has collapsed. It will cost hundreds of dollars(possibly thousands) to establish a new f88me. The old site will be completey eradicated unless the members decide to pay the ransom to whoever now owns it. Who would want to trust their donations to the current management when they have shown themselves to be completely incapable of even the most basic administrative supervision?

A new site could be constructed, but that too will cost hundreds of dollars, not to mention the burden of doing the actual work. Good luck finding volunteers to donate time for such inept managers. The management should at the very least refund any money donated. To not do so would be tantamount to theft. What right do they have to keep the donations?

I must say that it is sweet indeed to watch the whole project unravel at the hands of a hypocritical buffoon after so short a time as owner.

Crazed Country Rebel
    Who will be held responsible for this latest colossal screw up? I guess it doesn't matter anymore since the treehouse has collapsed. It will cost hundreds of dollars(possibly thousands) to establish a new f88me. The old site will be completey eradicated unless the members decide to pay the ransom to whoever now owns it. Who would want to trust their donations to the current management when they have shown themselves to be completely incapable of even the most basic administrative supervision?

A new site could be constructed, but that too will cost hundreds of dollars, not to mention the burden of doing the actual work. Good luck finding volunteers to donate time for such inept managers. The management should at the very least refund any money donated. To not do so would be tantamount to theft. What right do they have to keep the donations?

I must say that it is sweet indeed to watch the whole project unravel at the hands of a hypocritical buffoon after so short a time as owner.
    Hey, I hear of a really cool coat company in CA that specializes in fake fur. I wonder if the new F88 would be interested?

Specialized sucks dong

banned
    Mar 2012
    Probably. They could use the garments to cover their heads in shame. They could buy them with the donations they stole from the members. Isn't it convenient that the new owner registered privately so that nobody can discover who he is or where he lives? Now he can keep all the funds to support his alcohol addiction and nobody can do anything about it.

Isn't anonymity wonderful?

Crazed Country Rebel
    Probably. They could use the garments to cover their heads in shame. They could buy them with the donations they stole from the members. Isn't it convenient that the new owner registered privately so that nobody can discover who he is or where he lives? Now he can keep all the funds to support his alcohol addiction and nobody can do anything about it.

Isn't anonymity wonderful?
    I think you're a bit paranoid.

Specialized sucks dong

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast