Jun 2009
    Hahaha. That's funny

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Delete.

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by rockerc View Post
    But can you now at least trust someone who is not Christian? Maybe... just a little?...? That would be a start! And it would also bring this thread into the realms of relevance if someone managed to change their behavior/belief for the better...
    Dude, I told you I trust non-Christians. I just need to get to know them a little bit more. Being a true Christian proves to me that you are an ethical person. You can be ethical or trustworthy and not be a Christian, but I can't just read the cover. I need to read some of the book, first. Get it?

Abby Normal
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycle151 View Post
    For many years, Parks frame alignment gauge tool has hung on the wall in most of the bike shops in this country. Its a decent tool; one I have used countless times. It is also a tool that, in clear, capital letters, bears the word F A G.
    Well, if they would have named it something like "F A G HAG" then you'd have a case.

Axe
    Custom User Title
    Quote Originally Posted by mountainbiker24 View Post
    Dude, I told you I trust non-Christians.
    Big mistake.

High Desert MTBer
    Dude, I told you I trust non-Christians. I just need to get to know them a little bit more. Being a true Christian proves to me that you are an ethical person. You can be ethical or trustworthy and not be a Christian, but I can't just read the cover. I need to read some of the book, first. Get it?
    Just messin with you... I personally mistrust most Christians, or even most 'religious' people because in my experience most turn out to be untrustworthy, paying lip service to a set of ethics about which they understand little, and care for even less. A bit like politicians for that matter... or even human beings... I'll get me coat...
    It's all Here. Now.

Big Mac

The Dark Side of Park Tools?

What, exactly is a "true" Christian. Please be specific.

I'm your density
    How does one calibrate the F.A.G.? With a G.A.G.?
    "Two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights make a left."
    Ty Webb

Axe
    Custom User Title
    Quote Originally Posted by mbmb65 View Post
    The Dark Side of Park Tools?-65c1o7.jpg

more carbon=more awesome
    Quote Originally Posted by random walk View Post
    With a Frame Alignment Gauge Gauge for Overall Tolerance
    Posting on the basis that ignorance shared is ignorance doubled.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    They should print on your next invoice..."Better to stay silent and be thought a fool, than speak up and remove all doubt"
    Monte
    Lodging & Guiding for SW Utah Trails
    http://www.vrbo.com/298759
    www.UtahMountainBikingAdventures.com
    MTBR Discounts

Cleavage Of The Tetons
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by mbmb65 View Post
    Dont true Christians renounce all worldly possessions, and avail themselves of martyr opportunities?
    Anything less is a lie!
    Christ would really not want to associate with any of today's Christians, methinks.
    "We LOVE cows! They make trails for us.....

And then we eat them."

mtbr member
    Jul 2013

The Dark Side of Park Tools?

Wow the OP sounds ignorant, this is one of the things that's wrong with this world and especially the u.s, everyone is butt hurt. If they wanna call their tool a *** and have bible versus in their catalog and this offends you then don't buy their product, if everyone who buys from them feels this way they will eventually go under.... But most likely your the only one noticing.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by jacklikesbeans View Post
    Things I find interesting in this thread (Hope I can post random stupid thoughts in a thread so intellectually prepared)

1. Human nature is a funny thing. The OP makes a stupid post and when confronted with it's stupidity he plays the role of a martyr.
    2. Anytime you have to begin a post with "I know I'm going to get flamed for this." That's your brain telling you it's probably stupid to post it.
    3. Everyone hates on the church for being biased but the OP sees a bible verse and is convinced this company is Nazi Germany.
    I think you may have overblown what I was trying to communicate here originally. Between the bible verse and the tool, we have an interesting COINCIDENCE. That part is fact. What I did, was suggest the POSSIBILITY of a more sinister motive on Park's part. It's just not everyday that you see that word used. Unless of course you're buying bearings in Germany.

Regarding your "point #2": You seem to be saying that if someone has an opinion that may prove unpopular with the masses, they should just remain silent. That's not how I do. Nor was it the style of our founding fathers, and millions of other people who try to make a difference. "DIFFERENCE": the word "different" is built right in.

Cleavage Of The Tetons
    Jan 2004
    I personally have never trusted anybody that isn't a Christian. I will choose to purchase a product from a Christian, or at least an ethical person, over somebody that isn't.
    RAHRAH, GOOOOOO....TEAM!
    We're #1!
    And everyone else is a poopyhead!
    "We LOVE cows! They make trails for us.....

And then we eat them."

High Desert MTBer
    Is a Muslim to a Christian what 29" is to 26"? Or is the answer somewhere in between? Say, a Hindu or 27.5"?
    It's all Here. Now.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by bixby View Post
    Wow the OP sounds ignorant, this is one of the things that's wrong with this world and especially the u.s, everyone is butt hurt. If they wanna call their tool a *** and have bible versus in their catalog and this offends you then don't buy their product, if everyone who buys from them feels this way they will eventually go under.... But most likely your the only one noticing.
    You're right. I'm probably one of the only people noticing. Organizations can't be too blatant with hate speech these days. I simply noticed a subtle coincidence between a company's religion and one of its products. Me, I wouldn't be comfortable releasing a product labeled "F A G". But Park is.

Just hypothetically assume I'm right, that Park is anti-gay. Would people still want to support their products? I bet a lot of the folks on these boards would not. I accept people disagreeing with my theory. I just hope they can keep an open mind, when presented with new information. Information that may defy some of their tightly held beliefs. But clearly, some posters can't even do that much.
    Last edited by Psycle151; 08-21-2013 at 08:17 PM.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by -sparky- View Post
    I find it hard to believe that someone could actually think that they were initialing their tool to target fags.If it bothers you that much why don't you quit using their tools i'm sure it will devastate them when they notice their enormous sales loss you caused.And if anything what is wrong with a company having some morals I use park tools and have always liked their tools now I will have a extra encouragement when purchasing one.
    It IS hard to believe. More specifically, it's uncomfortable to believe. Not sure why you now feel "extra encouragement" to use their products. Care to elaborate?

AZ
    banned
    Quote Originally Posted by rockerc View Post
    Is a Muslim to a Christian what 29" is to 26"? Or is the answer somewhere in between? Say, a Hindu or 27.5"?

Buddhist's stay above the fray and ride 29ers.

mtbr member
    Edit: I know this crap of a post was posted a few months ago. Was it necessary to start it all over again?

It's just the friggin initials of the tool, pal. Move along.

Axe
    Custom User Title
    Quote Originally Posted by random walk View Post
    With a narrow interference gusseted gauge adjuster.

Axe
    Custom User Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirty $anchez View Post
    Buddists ride penny farthings. Biggest and smallest wheel on the same bike.

Carbon & Ti rule
    I ran a race car shop for many years & my customers needed lots of money for there hobby.

1 of my customer was quite open about how he went to church just because it was a great place to pick up new customers, He often said that you didn't need to build up trust because most of the people at the church believed that because you were there you were trust worthy.

So I take every person as they come & don't take the fact that someone says they are a Christian that they are Ok.

Past actions are what matters to me, Christian or not.

more carbon=more awesome
    Quote Originally Posted by Axe View Post
    With a narrow interference gusseted gauge adjuster.
    Oh Dang, now Park Tools are RACISTS too?
    Posting on the basis that ignorance shared is ignorance doubled.

Bro
    Where I do my thinking
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirty $anchez View Post
    But I thought Buddhists were supposed to be nice people.
    I've made some bad decisions like taking the gears off my bike. So here's the warning: Do not as I say, nor as I do.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast