Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Also, their wrenches are in the shape of a penis. The important question is why do they also hate women?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jackbombay View Post
    Freedom.
    I had to stop and think about that for a min... then figured out what pic you were trying to post... Then I stopped thinking about it. ..

Quote Originally Posted by Jayem View Post
    They don't have bacon.

If that's not the definition of true evil, I don't know what is.
    You DO have a very Valid point !

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by jacklikesbeans View Post
    Also, their wrenches are in the shape of a penis. The important question is why do they also hate women?
    No, that means they like women, because women like penis.

Formerly of Kent
    I can't believe I opened this thread, and then read all 3+ pages.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Le Duke View Post
    I can't believe I opened this thread, and then read all 3+ pages.
    Same here. Can someone please change the subject to sex or politics?
    Use it, use it, use it while you still have it.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycle151 View Post
    ...Any time a company makes a product, any product; it has to ask itself a simple question: “Shall we adorn said product with a vicious, hateful slur?” In Park’s case, the answer was “yes”.
    How about *** bearings.

http://www.***.de/content.***.de/en/

I realize the *** is German company, but hey...

Frame Alignment Gage.. Hmm ***. Nothing wrong with that. Rather call it FAT Frame Aligment Tool? Then again is i gage or tool? Gages measure to tool move or hold. Does it align?
    Joe
    2003 KHS Alite 4000 26" Hardtail - XC, All mountain, blah blah blah.. I just ride.

No Stranger to danger....
    Quote Originally Posted by jackbombay View Post
    No, that means they like women, because women like penis.
    Not all of them Jack, i know a few that hate them, or have grown to hate them from over exposure.....
    Dont ever let the truth get in the way of a funny story....

uhhhhh....that's all I have to say about that.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    I can't even justify this stretch of reality to post a reponse to this thread.
    Lead by my Lefty............... right down the trail, no brakes.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ziscwg View Post
    I can't even justify this stretch of reality to post a response to this thread.

Oh crap.
    Lead by my Lefty............... right down the trail, no brakes.

High Desert MTBer
    I just tried smoking my *** and it was quite nice... a little hard to keep going, but gave the lungs a good rasp. Maybe I'll start on the JustOneInternetNothingThread next...
    It's all Here. Now.

Mountain Biking Madman
    Jul 2013
    I find it hard to believe that someone could actually think that they were initialing their tool to target fags.If it bothers you that much why don't you quit using their tools i'm sure it will devastate them when they notice their enormous sales loss you caused.And if anything what is wrong with a company having some morals I use park tools and have always liked their tools now I will have a extra encouragement when purchasing one.

Cleavage Of The Tetons
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by -sparky- View Post
    .And if anything what is wrong with a company having some morals I use park tools and have always liked their tools now I will have a extra encouragement when purchasing one.
    Tossing around bible quotes generally has very little to do with morals, my friend.
    "We LOVE cows! They make trails for us.....

And then we eat them."

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Tone's View Post
    Not all of them Jack, i know a few that hate them, or have grown to hate them from over exposure.....
    Well yea, there are plenty of guys that hate pvssy too, but I was generalizing for the sake of brevity.

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    I am certain you are on to something here.... the idea that a bike tool company would create a subliminal message to bicyclists everywhere.... so now a small handful of people, bonded by riding bicycles will be subliminally told that gays are bad mmmmkay.

No, scratch that, I am becoming a fairly avid cyclist, and had NO idea such a tool even existed, so I'm to guess that a VERY small portion of the cycling population will get this message.

Yeah, no... can't stretch that far.

I ride with tools
    I really want to believe you're right. I just can't escape the nagging suspicion that Park has been subtly subverting equality this whole time .
    Conspiracy theory much?

Um, just how many f@gs do you think have been affected by this?

As a professional, I will always chose the best tool for the job. In some cases, the Park Tool option is superior. Their new crown race puller is phenomenal. But when a non-Park alternative is available, I will chose it every time. Example: Their wheel dishing gauge is garbage.
    You're no professional. A pro knows when to keep his mouth shut.

"Better to remain silent and be suspected a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt".

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Why? Most bible thumpers I know turned out to be hypocrites, think about your own experience.
    Everybody is a hypocrite. Nobody's perfect. People are hypocrites, Christianity is not. Learn the difference.

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Tone's View Post
    I personally have never trusted any body that feels the need to quote bible passages to get their point accross, and i wont buy from any company that affiliates itself with any sort of religion, nor will i eat any food or wear any clothes that are shaped through religious beliefs, a perfect example being Halal food here in OZ.

I like this thread lol.
    I personally have never trusted anybody that isn't a Christian. I will choose to purchase a product from a Christian, or at least an ethical person, over somebody that isn't.

I ride with tools
    I love how the OP has disappeared.

And I love tools. In fact, check my custom user title: I ride with tools!

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    I imagine something more along the lines of...

One Monday morning at the Park Tool Headquarters

John: We finished the new tool!
    George: Excellent, what's the acronym?
    John: Well, it's a Frame Alignment Guide, uh oh, we can't create this tool!
    George: Nonsense, why would be break habit, tradition, or lose money over something as naive as the initials on our tool.
    John: Good point, any mature adult would overlook this coincidental matter instead of cast hateful blame.

Years later...

Subject: The Dark Side of Park Tools?

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Ha! That's a good point. A tool that says "tool" on it could be offensive to tools. Just like "fat" could be offensive to fat people. Everything's offensive. Even "Park" could isolate those people that don't have one nearby. Nipples? Don't go there. Rubber? Promotes safe sex. What has this world become?

High Desert MTBer
    Quote Originally Posted by mountainbiker24 View Post
    I personally have never trusted anybody that isn't a Christian. I will choose to purchase a product from a Christian, or at least an ethical person, over somebody that isn't.
    So you accept that there can be ethical people that are not Christians? Then is it a stretch to assume that ethical people can be trustworthy too? Even when they are not Christians? I might suggest you think about what you write a little more carefully, then you might actually open your mind a little to the fact that not all good people are Christians, and not all Christians are good people... this thread is therefore pointless, but I think we knew that a long time ago!
    It's all Here. Now.

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by rockerc View Post
    So you accept that there can be ethical people that are not Christians? Then is it a stretch to assume that ethical people can be trustworthy too? Even when they are not Christians? I might suggest you think about what you write a little more carefully, then you might actually open your mind a little to the fact that not all good people are Christians, and not all Christians are good people... this thread is therefore pointless, but I think we knew that a long time ago!
    1) I know a Christian is ethical. A true Christian, anyway.

2) I obviously believe that not all good people are Christian, given that I just said that in the quote you quoted. Not that I need to justify anything to you, but I know I can trust a true Christian. I need to get to know a non-Christian before completely trusting them. I also need to get to know Christians before trusting them, too, since not all "Christians" are truly Christian. It's sort of like saying I prefer a doctor to give me medical advice over somebody that isn't, because the title is comforting, even though a non-doctor may be perfectly qualified.

3) A Christian that isn't a good person isn't much of a Christian.

4) If this thread was pointless, why are you posting here?

High Desert MTBer
    Quote Originally Posted by mountainbiker24 View Post
    1) I know a Christian is ethical. A true Christian, anyway.

2) I obviously believe that not all good people are Christian, given that I just said I did. I know I can trust a true Christian. I need to get to know a non-Christian before completely trusting them. I also need to get to know Christians before trusting them, too, since not all "Christians" are truly Christian. It's sort of like saying I prefer a doctor to give me medical advice over somebody that isn't, because the title is comforting, even though a non-doctor may be perfectly qualified.

3) A Christian that isn't a good person isn't much of a Christian.

4) If this thread was pointless, why are you posting here?
    But can you now at least trust someone who is not Christian? Maybe... just a little?...? That would be a start! And it would also bring this thread into the realms of relevance if someone managed to change their behavior/belief for the better...
    It's all Here. Now.

Bro
    Where I do my thinking
    Quote Originally Posted by Gasp4Air View Post
    Same here. Can someone please change the subject to sex or politics?
    Why not both?

I've made some bad decisions like taking the gears off my bike. So here's the warning: Do not as I say, nor as I do.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast