Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    banned
    Apr 2009

C'Mon NINER, Lower Those Prices!!!!

On the Old, Outdated frames.... You still want $600 for an Air9, and almost $400 for an EMD Frame!?!?! For something Without a Tapered Head Tube, Something I can't use a Thru-Axle Fork with.... PLUS, You even have new frame materials???
    Now I am sure you are saying 'They are still good frames and still worth good money'----TO THAT I say, "If that was True you would not have Changed Everything on all your new frames"!! You are askin me to pay $600 for an Air9 when I still have to get some Stan's Crests, King Hubs (or I9), X0 build and some Formula Brakes (all that on an outdated frame)----The Air 9's should be about $299, and EMD's should be about $149!!!!
    --That will make me be happy with building up a sweet (though Outdated HardTail Frame to race with next season.) Come On Guy's, Step Up To The Plate!!! I need a good reason to build up an Outdated frame at that Price point!!

Give a MTB'er a Break in this Bad Economy (on some Outdated stock)--You'll get get Loyal Customers for Life!!--

All I ever read about NINER is how they are Passionate, Caring, --Ya Da'- Ya Da'- Ya Da'---Then keep reading a post about a guy who wanted to buy 2 Carbon Niners (Outdated by the way) and you will not take a penny off.... Guess I'll just stick with my 'Fisher/TREK Paragon'--and keep shopping at Wal Mart for Everything, stay with the Corporate Greed I thought Niner wasn't About....

P.S. When 'Blu Ray' Players came out, how much was a VHS Player worth??
    Last edited by 247; 12-01-2011 at 04:39 PM.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Amen brother. I love, love, love the carbon air nine and they won't give a penny on the frame and I' m buying 2! Move on, heck with 'em. Maybe in this penny pinching economy they will see the light. Oh yeah 1 more thing, 5 year warranty, keep the bike! I feel better now.

mtbr member
    I'm just thinking of this one from a business perspective.....if they can sell the frames for the price they are and people are buying them, why would they lower their prices. I'm sure they would lower them if the demand wasn't there.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by 247 View Post
    On the Old, Outdated frames.... You still want $600 for an Air9, and almost $400 for an EMD Frame!?!?! For something Without a Tapered Head Tube, Something I can't use a Thru-Axle Fork with.... PLUS, You even have new frame materials???
    Now I am sure you are saying 'They are still good frames and still worth good money'----TO THAT I say, "If that was True you would not have Changed Everything on all your new frames"!! You are askin me to pay $600 for an Air9 when I still have to get some Stan's Crests, King Hubs (or I9), X0 build and some Formula Brakes (all that on an outdated frame)----The Air 9's should be about $299, and EMD's should be about $149!!!!
    --That will make me be happy with building up a sweet (though Outdated HardTail Frame to race with next season.) Come On Guy's, Step Up To The Plate!!! I need a good reason to build up an Outdated frame at that Price point!!

Bro, if you're getting I9 or Chris King hubs, I'm sure you can swing today's prices on frames.

banned
    It's called supply and demand. If Niner felt they needed to lower the prices on old stock. The most certainly would.

If your hanging King, XO, Stans, I9 etc on a frame. One would think you wouldnt be complaining to much about the price of Niners older stock/design.

Might buy this rant if it were someone building up a budget bike with used parts. However, King, I9,XO and your whinning? Seriously.

mtbr member
    Guess I'll just stick with my 'Fisher/TREK Paragon'--and keep shopping at Wal Mart for Everything,
    Don't forget to pick up some good ol' VHS tapes for that VCR of yours.

banned
    Apr 2009
    Might buy this rant if it were someone building up a budget bike with used parts. However, King, I9,XO and your whinning? Seriously
    Bro, Trust me I am the 99%. I am going back to College This Spring, I just got good deals to build up good builds.. AND This is what MTBR.com is all about--Having a Voice for the Manufacturers who had routinely shoved things down our throats 'As It Being The Law'---without us having a Say So.... AND I SAY, selling these Outdated Frames at Top Dollar is Scandelous, and Down Right 1%........

So to further explain, I built up a Paragon frame in 2008, then again in 2010... Laser Disc Trail wheels (laser disc lite hubs), Chris king Headset, New Reba Fork, Salsa Bar, XT 2x9 Crank, X9 shifters/ derailers, Elixer R Brakes, Ergons, Bontrager RXL Bar and Stem, WTB Rocket V saddle, Racing Ralph Tires---But I did get some deals on these, AS I WILL my new build..--I Just Need To Pay about 1/2 as much on the Frame (for my Dream Hardtail Build)----

Bikes are just my Passionate hobby (and try to direct my discretionary income more so on this MTB sport, which has been the best move (health and fitness wise I ever made in life)--mainly because It has led me to a 'Lifestyle Change'-----

Enclosed are pics of my 2 builds--and yes, it took me awhile (but I shopped around for best deals always-----AND doing so with this post).... 247...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails C'Mon NINER, Lower Those Prices!!!!-1.jpg  

C'Mon NINER, Lower Those Prices!!!!-2.jpg  

Last edited by 247; 12-01-2011 at 05:49 PM.

AZ
    banned
    [B][I]

Whatever the public was willing to pay. There is a new Niner build posted on here about every 12 mins., so they must be selling a few with out giving MTBers a bailout. Go occupy your bike seat.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    So don't buy one. The Access and Sette frames are just as good, are much cheaper, plus have a better warranty. Are you interested in one for the name only? Maybe strip a Sette and paint it up to say NINR or 9R or something like that.

mtbr member
    Niner's are worth every penny. If you can still get last years Scandium Air9 at any discount, jump on it. It'll put your Paragon to shame.

Don't be a sheep
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by KarlP View Post
    Niner's are worth every penny. If you can still get last years Scandium Air9 at any discount, jump on it. It'll put your Paragon to shame.
    Yep, because there is just so much going on in a hardtail frame.
    "Do not touch the trim"

banned
    Well, I built up a Paragon frame in 2008, then again in 2010... Laser Disc Trail wheels (laser disc lite hubs), Chris king Headset, New Reba Fork, Salsa Bar, XT 2x9 Crank, X9 shifters/ derailers, Elixer R Brakes, Ergons, Bontrager RXL Bar and Stem, WTB Rocket V saddle, Racing Ralph Tires---But I did get some deals on these, AS I WILL my new build..--I Just Need To Pay about 1/2 as much on the Frame (for my Dream Hardtail Build)-------But I am now going back to college this Spring so I am Still Very Much the 99%.................

Bikes are just my Passionate hobby (and try to direct my discretionary income more so on this MTB sport, which has been the best move (health and fitness wise I ever made in life)--mainly because It has led me to a 'Lifestyle Change'-----

Enclosed are pics of my 2 builds--and yes, it took me awhile (but I shopped around for best deals always-----AND doing so with this post).... 247...
    If you must pay half price. Perhaps you should consider picking up a used frame. Otherwise, you might consider a cheaper new frame. Again, its supply and demand. You get what you pay for, cost, color, warrenty blah, blah, BLAH.

Not trying to bust your chops. I havent owned a new mtn bike since 1993. It was the first mtn bike I ever purchased. Been building, piecing together bikes ever since. The market dectates price.

Enjoy the ride.

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    why can't you put a thru-axle fork on a niner frame?
    Originally posted by bucksaw87
    I still fail to see how mustaches, fixies, and PBR are ironic.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivet View Post
    Yep, because there is just so much going on in a hardtail frame.
    So true,I own both and they're both great frames....I'll one up you,bring the prices down on the 2012...
    Last edited by AMCAT; 12-01-2011 at 06:22 PM.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Bro, Trust me I am the 99%. I am going back to College This Spring, I just got good deals to build up good builds.. AND This is what MTBR.com is all about--Having a Voice for the Manufacturers who had routinely shoved things down our throats 'As It Being The Law'---without us having a Say So.... AND I SAY, selling these Outdated Frames at Top Dollar is Scandelous, and Down Right 1%........

So to further explain, I built up a Paragon frame in 2008, then again in 2010... Laser Disc Trail wheels (laser disc lite hubs), Chris king Headset, New Reba Fork, Salsa Bar, XT 2x9 Crank, X9 shifters/ derailers, Elixer R Brakes, Ergons, Bontrager RXL Bar and Stem, WTB Rocket V saddle, Racing Ralph Tires---But I did get some deals on these, AS I WILL my new build..--I Just Need To Pay about 1/2 as much on the Frame (for my Dream Hardtail Build)----

STOP YELLING AT US! WE UNDERSTAND. VCR's were very cheap but DVD players, the immediate predecessor of the Blu-Ray player, weren't that much cheaper, especially less than one month after the Blu-Ray player came out. I'm also pissed because I went to look for a new Ford pickup the other day and wanted $24K for a '11! WTF are they thinking? Couldn't believe they wouldn't sell that thing for $12K. I'm going to write Ford and complain. Have fun on your Trek, and stop whining! Ride, wipe away your tears, and ride. PS, your rides aren't that sweet so stop bragging about them.
    Last edited by erichwic; 12-01-2011 at 07:05 PM.
    MCH Co-Captain

banned
    Apr 2009
    If you must pay half price. Perhaps you should consider picking up a used frame
    I did that buying this used 2005 frame (in 2008)--Best used purchase I ever bought!! Knees, Back, Health feels 1/2 my age now... BUT I GOT A GREAT DEAL on the Frame (and it looked new)---ALSO I read and heard (and knew people) who cracked their Paragon Frames--but I built it anyway... However, now I am 40lbs lighter (weight wise), faster on my bike and a better (more Agressive rider.) Things I would 'walk/ hike-a-bike through when I started are little challenge now'---And I ride in Southeast/Central Pa.--where trails are tough. With racing next season I just don't know if my Paragon will take it (hence wanting new Air9)---Well Old Air9, which I think is Incredibly High Priced (with ALL FACTors considered)--which you can read my posts above.....
    ----I just see a chance to Upgrade (swapping parts now and Upgrading to XO and Lighter wheels over time)-----------BUT was 'Incensed' that these frames are not cheaper than they are now!!!--Hence the post...... I did not think that NINER was striclty in it for the buck (but everyone else is)--------------
    With an Air9 I might takes these drops a little faster than I currently do on my Paragon..
    Attached Images Attached Images  

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    I want my dream Ferrari but they are totally unwilling to lower the price in half...we all have dreams but your budget is different than dreams. If you can afford a sette then rock it til you finish school and get a job so you can afford a dream bike.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    I did that buying this used 2005 frame (in 2008)--Best used purchase I ever bought!! Knees, Back, Health feels 1/2 my age now... BUT I GOT A GREAT DEAL on the Frame (and it looked new)---ALSO I read and heard (and knew people) who cracked their Paragon Frames--but I built it anyway... However, now I am 40lbs lighter (weight wise), faster on my bike and a better (more Agressive rider.) Things I would 'walk/ hike-a-bike through when I started are little challenge now'---And I ride in Southeast/Central Pa.--where trails are tough. With racing next season I just don't know if my Paragon will take it (hence wanting new Air9)---Well Old Air9, which I think is Incredibly High Priced (with ALL FACTors considered)--which you can read my posts above.....
    ----I just see a chance to Upgrade (swapping parts now and Upgrading to XO and Lighter wheels over time)-----------BUT was 'Incensed' that these frames are not cheaper than they are now!!!--Hence the post...... I did not think that NINER was striclty in it for the buck (but everyone else is)--------------
    With an Air9 I might takes these drops a little faster than I currently do on my Paragon..
    I like this guy.....

mtbr member

Weird, I press quote on the quote below and get the one above.

Quote Originally Posted by 247
    Well, I built up a Paragon frame in 2008, then again in 2010... Laser Disc Trail wheels (laser disc lite hubs), Chris king Headset, New Reba Fork, Salsa Bar, XT 2x9 Crank, X9 shifters/ derailers, Elixer R Brakes, Ergons, Bontrager RXL Bar and Stem, WTB Rocket V saddle, Racing Ralph Tires---But I did get some deals on these, AS I WILL my new build..--I Just Need To Pay about 1/2 as much on the Frame (for my Dream Hardtail Build)-------But I am now going back to college this Spring so I am Still Very Much the 99%.................
    Anyway, this may be the absolute stupidest post I've seen on MTBR... and that's saying a lot!

To 247, you're not the 99%. I guarantee you there are not 99% of the people in this country who expect things handed to them for nothing. Because they whine about it. The 99% of us WORK for what we have. Well, OK, that's probably not true. A large percentage put it on credit cards and then whine about getting sucked in and they shouldn't be force to pay that debt, too. I suspect you're already calculating ways to get out of your student loans. Because, why should a college student like you have to PAY for stuff?

Get over yourself. You are not the 99%. You are a whiner. A no load. And the cause of the problem, at its root; you want it all, you want it now and you don't want to have to work for it. Much like the bankers you call the 1%.

Corporations like Niner make good products that meet demand and sell for a fair price. They WORK for their money by researching and designing quality frames that last. Outdated? In what way? There are tons of those "outdated" frames out on the trails ripping them up. Just because it's not stamped with 2012 doesn't make it outdated. As noted, if people are still buying them, then they are worth the prices regardless of what some whiny college student says. Why should they give away the efforts of their hard work just because they are previous years models?

Now, if the market isn't supporting sales of previous year models, then sure, the market would set a price on them below what Niner is asking and to sell them, they would have to adjust to the market forces. But that's not because a sniveling "me" kid goes on a half baked rant about what he thinks the world owes him.

Oh, and in what world do straight forks not take through axles?

Get over yourself.

Oh, and think about this... if it can penetrate your entitled brain:

And in one sense, you are right, no doubt... you ARE the 99% your attitude pretty much precludes the thought of service

www.teamnavycycling.org
    10 Pivot Mach 429
    09 Felt Nine Race
    03 Litespeed Tuscany

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    You still want $600 for an Air9
    Isn't that still $200 of the retail? Yes it is. $575 at Jenson. I think that's a pretty damn good deal. And I'm sure the Niner crowd would agree. What more do you want?

If you don't like it, don't buy it. Very simple. As others have said, basic economics.

I personally don't think Niner is as great as everyone says they are. You can easily find an equal or better bike. As a matter of fact, the new Niner Air9 is basically a copy of the Giant XTC, with the Giant being cheaper.

So, STOP YOUR WHINING

There's always next year.
    ...... I did not think that NINER was striclty in it for the buck (but everyone else is)--------------
    (fair discloure: I own a One9)

Ummm, if companies aren't making "the buck" they close down--ok, maybe not ALL, but I don't see the government bailing out bike companies! If Niner's not making money, they're not going to be able to continue push out great products. Reducing price may mean Niner takes a loss on every frame then, which is something their budget may not allow.

Personally-- I've been drooling over a Tracer29 for some time now, and was only able to pick up one when I found it on closeout at Speedgoat. It's not Intense's fault I can't afford their frames, so why would I take it out on them?

Finally, I gotta say-- attempting to claim one is part of the "99%" while one is demanding lower prices on high-end mountain bikes? I don't think thats a claim I would make. As a teacher, I see so many students everyday that would simply love a bike from Wal-Mart so they can go visit their friends.

Dirty South Underdog
    Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    why can't you put a thru-axle fork on a niner frame?
    x11ty
    Brickhouse Blog (most known unknown)

Just Riding Along- best internet radio show on Mountain Bike Radio

mtbr member
    Buy a Huffy dude and shut the heck up... Serious man... Capitolism - if you don't like somthing, DONT BUY IT!
    “People fear death even more than pain. It's strange that they fear death. Life hurts a lot more than death." JM

mtbr member
    Oct 2006

To Skiahh

mtbr member
    Don't you worry Bro ... When Niner is done paying out, on that Niner carbon fork lawsuit thing ... To make up for all that payout $$$. You will see prices drop ...
    2011 Santa Cruz TallBoy carbon & 2013 TallBoy LT carbon - S/C All the Time !!!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast