Axe
    Custom User Title

Chinese Carbon bikes Political Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by ghettocop View Post
    Just be aware that other members may find the frames offensive based on the Chinese propensity of intellectual property theft.
    What I find offensive is when companies pass on minor improvements made for them by Taiwanese engineers in about how to arrange a bit of plastic in a shape of a bicycle as some major breakthrough and resell it for a silly premium. I also find offensive when US patent office grants patents for bicycle suspension designs based on rehashes of decades old vehicle technology formulated in very broad terms. Or when firms like Specialized sue small competitors and unrelated companies based on.. I am not sure what.
    With this frames only thing I worry about if they are structurally sound and picked good geometry. This is what customer feedback right here is useful for. It is a bicycle frame. Not a big deal.

mtbr member
    Every component on my bike, and pretty much every big brand name frame, is either made in China or Taiwan, R.O.C. (Republic of China).

Each one of the big brands has chosen to manufacture in that country so they can increase their already high margins. I am glad I have the option of purchasing direct from a overseas supplier if I choose not to support those high margins. Please don't come into this thread and say you think this is wrong and you would not support buying one of these frames because you do not want to support a communist country. You have the option of not doing so, but indirectly your big name frame and all the parts on your bike came from the same place mine did.

If it wasn't for these low cost Carbon frames, I most likely would not have purchased a carbon framed bike in the first place as $2,000 for a frame is way out of my budget.

Formerly of Kent
    Quote Originally Posted by Billinsd View Post
    Great thread, I may some day buy a direct sale China bike from the People's Republic of China and bring it into the People's Republic of California. I'm a big fan of eliminating the middleman. I think too many people are offended, much too easily, lol. What offends me about China is that they are our enemy, their human rights violations, and that they are communists. I got over it, though, especially considering our present soft tyranny, maoist, regime here in the US. Bill
    Get back to me when you've visited a couple of third world countries and experienced real tyranny.

And, how is China our enemy? They are our largest trading partner.

TR
    Angry bunny
    Get back to me when you have climbed out of your cave in whatever backwater you live.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Epic_Dude View Post
    Every component on my bike, and pretty much every big brand name frame, is either made in China or Taiwan, R.O.C. (Republic of China).

Each one of the big brands has chosen to manufacture in that country so they can increase their already high margins. I am glad I have the option of purchasing direct from a overseas supplier if I choose not to support those high margins. Please don't come into this thread and say you think this is wrong and you would not support buying one of these frames because you do not want to support a communist country. You have the option of not doing so, but indirectly your big name frame and all the parts on your bike came from the same place mine did.

If it wasn't for these low cost Carbon frames, I most likely would not have purchased a carbon framed bike in the first place as $2,000 for a frame is way out of my budget.
    I think this is what pisses people off. I think the premise that people with less money can get the same product they do. It was said earlier but if this was some random Euro "boutique" pumping out carbon frames and wheels I highly doubt this xenophobic stuff would be going on.
    There are valid points but too many people passing off opinions as facts. I dont think anyone opens this thread with any desires for that. All I and I think others care about is Facts about the merchandise and transactions and information on frames. Not politics and IP laws.

Quote Originally Posted by TR View Post
    Get back to me when you have climbed out of your cave in whatever backwater you live.
    Says the guy wrestling Kangaroos and whining at people on forums.
    Have you gotten your Mod status yet ??...waiting....

TR
    Angry bunny
    Ahhhh, that's better.
    So much quieter in here now without that continuous rambling and bad manners.

workin' it Administrator
    Politics go here in this forum
    Try this: HTFU