Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 50 of 102
  1. #1
    247
    247 is offline
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1,333

    Carry a gun while riding (Everyone should read this!)

    Here is my take (and I have been saying this for the last 5 years of riding trails in the woods and keep seeing threads about pros and cons of this..... So here is what everyone of those should read, my opinion.)


    I always wondered why more crime does not happen on the trails. Here in South East Pa. from riding in Philly area and Central Pa. the cities have more video cameras than everywhere (Lancaster Pa., Amish Country has more cameras than anywhere in the Country for a small city!!) This article I read in the L.A.Times about that:

    Lancaster, Pa., keeps a close eye on itself - Los Angeles Times

    And this is an old article (I saw on the news they now have Double the camera's they put up then!!)---also that is a Huge tourist area and outside the city they have more stores and restaurants (and Outlet Malls) than anywhere!! and all those places have serious camera monitoring... you drive down route 30 through Lancaster and see cameras on every traffic light there!

    No one ever gets away with any crime there (which is good)---but I always thought why the fools do not do more crime there IN THE WOODS, On Trails who have no cameras there!! (but just saw in that area that something bad did happen)---these 2 fools took this girl at the Wildlife Preserve there and burned her (killing her after stabbing her)--then came back for the body a second time!?!?!?!

    Court Document: Men set victim on fire in Lancaster County woods | Lancaster News - WGAL Home

    In Philly you got 'flash mobs', gang members who hang out in Fairmount Park at THE WISS trails (where I ride) and crack heads and violent vagrants up the street at the Belmont Trails...

    Outside of Philly this guy on a bike trail got attacked (was carrying and killed one teen---these kids are crazy violent now and have zero respect for human life!!) so I know he was glad he was carrying then..

    Boys Attack Cyclist Who Fights Back, Kills 1: Cops | NBC 10 Philadelphia

    here is another crazy violent crime on the trail there:

    2nd suspect surrenders in Berks bike path killing - Morning Call

    ----------------------So I would tell everyone carry something (pepper spray, knife, whatever you think you can handle and is appropriate for the area....)-----I know me, If I rode with Bears I would carry a gun (forget the pepper spray)----it is life and death at that point!! me, I like riding (and don't want to end up in a wheelchair because some fools broke my neck (stole my bike) and left me for dead....

    So I have NO Problem with folks having whatever they think is necessary... Because I have seen some **** on the trails also (and know no Rangers go out to check on anything that I have seen at certain places.....)

    So basically with no cameras (various entry points, etc...) I always thought the criminals would take advantage of this (and they certainly have in my area....) Also I know a lot of crimes in those areas DO NOT go reported if Rangers even find out (to make the area less attractive to people..... like Colleges do with keeping violent behavior from the general public newspapers....)

  2. #2
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    2,416
    Ohhhh boy..



  3. #3
    247
    247 is offline
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1,333
    Yeah I just went there (get tired of seeing the responses about clueless folks who think the trials are all safe haven places.... cause that ain't true, and I have seen some crazy violent behavior at the Big trails here, like French Creek!!!)

    I just know you would not want to take your family and run into some of these crazy vagrants I have seen living on trails in Central Pa... I have even told the rangers about it when I have seen them and they know the homeless folks stay there (one time someone was throwing rocks at his supermarket basket he had blocking the road to his tent..) Guess they don't get involved unless they get violent toward folks...

    but all it takes is one of them smoking something they can get there hands on and then get into a violent rage (and I know if you had your family at the park, in the woods, you would then wish you were prepared!!!)---that is my 2 cents..... cause not everyone rides trails in Colorado (or some famous trails system where crime like this is non existent...)

    p.s. that video is Hella funny!!!! but I know folks will respond to this....

  4. #4
    ****** to the dirt
    Reputation: deke505's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    4,957
    must be winter
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimus View Post
    There's some strange folk out there 'bouts. They have no sense of humor.
    http://thewoodgallery.blogspot.ca/

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation: sandiego's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    175
    This thread will get locked but what the hell... why on earth would I want to carry a big hunk of metal with me when I ride? What am I protecting myself from? Someone who wants my bike? My cell phone? My money? ****... they can have it. They want my life? What is their motivation?

    Maybe there are more crazy people where you live. For me it's a non-issue and one I won't even entertain because it is just plain silly.

    And I own guns.

  6. #6
    247
    247 is offline
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1,333
    must be winter----don't get it??

    ---but again I tell everyone to come to my part of the Country (then their views on this might change..)

    Mike Tyson said it best, "Everyone has a plan until they get punched hard in the mouth!"

    --just saying views change quickly when standing (or riding) in someone else's shoes.

    and I am certain when folks ask this question here that they have seen things on some trails (that are not rated P.G.) like a lot of folks ride (and probably keep there doors unlocked even)------AND I won't get started about the Professional Car Thieves at THE WISS in Philly who ravage all the cars there (when not parking at the 2 safe lots...)

  7. #7
    AZ
    AZ is offline
    banned
    Reputation: AZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    19,205
    Dude, we really don't need another thread.

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation: sandiego's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    175
    Quote Originally Posted by 247 View Post
    Here is my take (and I have been saying this for the last 5 years of riding trails in the woods and keep seeing threads about pros and cons of this..... So here is what everyone of those should read, my opinion.)


    I always wondered why more crime does not happen on the trails. Here in South East Pa. from riding in Philly area and Central Pa. the cities have more video cameras than everywhere (Lancaster Pa., Amish Country has more cameras than anywhere in the Country for a small city!!) This article I read in the L.A.Times about that:

    Lancaster, Pa., keeps a close eye on itself - Los Angeles Times

    And this is an old article (I saw on the news they now have Double the camera's they put up then!!)---also that is a Huge tourist area and outside the city they have more stores and restaurants (and Outlet Malls) than anywhere!! and all those places have serious camera monitoring... you drive down route 30 through Lancaster and see cameras on every traffic light there!

    No one ever gets away with any crime there (which is good)---but I always thought why the fools do not do more crime there IN THE WOODS, On Trails who have no cameras there!! (but just saw in that area that something bad did happen)---these 2 fools took this girl at the Wildlife Preserve there and burned her (killing her after stabbing her)--then came back for the body a second time!?!?!?!

    Court Document: Men set victim on fire in Lancaster County woods | Lancaster News - WGAL Home

    In Philly you got 'flash mobs', gang members who hang out in Fairmount Park at THE WISS trails (where I ride) and crack heads and violent vagrants up the street at the Belmont Trails...

    Outside of Philly this guy on a bike trail got attacked (was carrying and killed one teen---these kids are crazy violent now and have zero respect for human life!!) so I know he was glad he was carrying then..

    Boys Attack Cyclist Who Fights Back, Kills 1: Cops | NBC 10 Philadelphia

    here is another crazy violent crime on the trail there:

    2nd suspect surrenders in Berks bike path killing - Morning Call

    ----------------------So I would tell everyone carry something (pepper spray, knife, whatever you think you can handle and is appropriate for the area....)-----I know me, If I rode with Bears I would carry a gun (forget the pepper spray)----it is life and death at that point!! me, I like riding (and don't want to end up in a wheelchair because some fools broke my neck (stole my bike) and left me for dead....

    So I have NO Problem with folks having whatever they think is necessary... Because I have seen some **** on the trails also (and know no Rangers go out to check on anything that I have seen at certain places.....)

    So basically with no cameras (various entry points, etc...) I always thought the criminals would take advantage of this (and they certainly have in my area....) Also I know a lot of crimes in those areas DO NOT go reported if Rangers even find out (to make the area less attractive to people..... like Colleges do with keeping violent behavior from the general public newspapers....)
    Maybe you should give up mountain biking and take up dirtbike riding and moonshinging... or nascar racin'

  9. #9
    Rocks belong
    Reputation: 06HokieMTB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    3,953
    This will get political in 3... 2... 1...

    (I am a card carrying, CCW/CHL citizen)

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation: sandiego's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    175
    Quote Originally Posted by hokiebrett View Post
    This will get political in 3... 2... 1...

    (I am a card carrying, CCW/CHL citizen)
    OBAMA!!!

    (I'm a gun ownin', law abidin'/opinionated citizen)

  11. #11
    247
    247 is offline
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1,333
    I am just saying that things ARE DIFFERENT in certain areas in the Country.. I DO NOT carry an gun when I ride (I do carry pepper spray and a nice SWAT knife in my saddle bag)----I am just showing people that this can help save your life, and showing them that this is the case!!!

    it's funny, People call me a 'tree hugger', and now I am NOT trying to say that here to folks who are against this---I am just saying Whatever works for you (and has you feel safe) then do it (if it is legal)---but get tired that 95% of the responses I see are soo biased (AND I AM SHUTTING UP NOW)--

    --Hear that Moderators (I am shutting up now)-----not trying to get this closed.. I KNOW MTBR is Not a 1st Amendment site (with certain things)---I said my peace and THAT IS THAT!!!

    -debate amongst yourself (cause I do have a record of getting threads shut down)---and AM NOT contributing to this...

    I AM JUST SAYING that EVEN IN AMISH COUNTRY Pa. (That is a HUGE High Crime Area)--and even the trials up the street FROM AMISH COUNTRY have HUGE issues!!!


    p.s. and put that in BOLD just so everyone reads it clearly!!

    and 'AZ' Yes you did need another thread (cause I wanted everyone to read this to see this stuff, Life and Death, is happening on the trails!!)---maybe not in your area (but in other places in the Country, like Hella Violent Amish Country, it does happen...) And I AM DONE--------Said my peace (and documented it also)-----can anyone say that who bashes me (not just give your snobby opinion)-----LATER---

  12. #12
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    1,267
    Quote Originally Posted by sandiego View Post
    OBAMA!!!

    (I'm a gun ownin', law abidin'/opinionated citizen)




    Banhammer please.

  13. #13
    Big Mac
    Reputation: mbmb65's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,654

    Carry a gun while riding (Everyone should read this!)

    Stupidest, gayest post of the day. Op, you're a dork, at best.

  14. #14
    mtbr member
    Reputation: sandiego's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    175
    nm...

  15. #15
    247
    247 is offline
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1,333
    mbm65, you look like the dork (at best) with that pic there I am looking at!!

    --and Moderators, that is my last posts (cause I know the 'small penis', I mean small mind crowd is gonna let me have it!!)----

    p.s. This dude looks like the Stupidest (gayest, in HIS WORDS to me) dude..
    maybe he is asking me for a date??

    --Sorry guys, I do see this one headed for Shut Down (and I am Not responding anymore!!!)

  16. #16
    Armature speller
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    1,811
    Here's a pic of my gun collection and I carry at least one with me at all times.

  17. #17
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    455
    Quote Originally Posted by 247 View Post
    [B] (AND I AM SHUTTING UP NOW)--............

    --Hear that Moderators (I am shutting up now)-----not trying to get this closed.. I KNOW MTBR is Not a 1st Amendment site (with certain things)---I said my peace and THAT IS THAT!!!.............

    -debate amongst yourself (cause I do have a record of getting threads shut down)---and AM NOT contributing to this...
    And I AM DONE--------Said my peace (and documented it also)-----can anyone say that who bashes me (not just give your snobby opinion)-----LATER---
    Quote Originally Posted by 247 View Post

    --and Moderators, that is my last posts .............(and I am Not responding anymore!!!)
    Did you spill coffee on your keyboard? Because it looks like your "I'm not going to post anymore" key is stuck. Also, your "preemptively set up weak arguments against your (dubious?) point and refute them in the same post to notch up a hollow victory" key is stuck as well. The one thing you didn't mention is how long we have to buy guns before the amish bike stealing mafia spreads out to the mountain timezone. Alas, being a person of such strong conviction, you will never look at this thread again so I'm afraid this constructive criticism will go to waste. Nonetheless, thank you for this mildly entertaining troll.

  18. #18
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Yama Arashi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    128
    Quote Originally Posted by floydlippencott View Post
    Banhammer please.
    If only.

  19. #19
    Elitest thrill junkie
    Reputation: Jayem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    24,017
    Quote Originally Posted by 247 View Post
    Yeah I just went there (get tired of seeing the responses about clueless folks who think the trials are all safe haven places....
    As long as you know how to absorb the impact and practice balance, trials is plenty safe. Just wear the protective gear.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

    You're turning black metallic.

  20. #20
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    22
    Okay, so that was funny. And it devolved pretty quick. However, I think the topic is legitimate and I would like to actually discuss it seriously.

    I have been riding for a week. I mostly only ride on the road. But I hike. Avidly. When I hike, I never feel in danger. But things do happen. One thing is for sure, statistically, you are MUCH more likely to be injured by falling or doing something stupid or the weather than by any other living creature, human or animal.

    One of the city bike trails in my area is poorly lit and passes through a bad side of town that is known for drive by shootings. The town is Muskogee, OK, which has consistently ranked in the top most dangerous cities in the U.S. Seriously, I have literally feared for my life when I was in certain parts of town. Now, obviously it is my choice whether to frequent these areas.

    But let's say that I don't want to "let them scare me." Let's say that I want to "make a stand" and show the gangbangers that this trail is being reclaimed. What can I do? I think invoking my right as a CCL holder is actually appropriate in this case. It would be a pain in the butt, however, and I have never done it. But that doesn't mean that it is off the table.

    As for crime on the trail... well... It definitely happens, but I choose to believe in the overall decency of human beings. Plus, I would just give whoever it was, whatever they wanted. In the off chance that I became one of the 0.001 percent (if that) of people that die in violent crimes? Well, at least I died doing something that I enjoyed. Or used the self defense training to take care of the situation.

    In my opinion, carrying a weapon is a privilege and responsibility and when I am on the trail, I don't want any of the latter. I'm there for fun.

    Besides... I think that the criminals who are willing to hike 15 miles out after driving to a middle-of-nowhere trailhead are likely to be a very tiny fraction of a percentage of all the criminals in the world. I'll take my chances.

    But as for the CC in a dangerous part of the city... well, that might be a whole 'nother story.

  21. #21
    Bro
    Bro is offline
    Content from my avatar
    Reputation: Bro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    4,356
    OP, why do you think you're special enough that you need a whole thread for yourself about this topic? There's another carrying while riding thread in General, just a spot or two above where this one is. Go do your thing in there.
    Sometimes, I question the value of my content.

  22. #22
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    297
    Its still a free country... If you want to carry a firearm go for it.

  23. #23
    ~*~*~*~*~
    Reputation: oldbroad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    579
    All of the capital letters, the bolding, the dashes, exclamation points and brackets have made me very frightened.

  24. #24
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    38

    Carry a gun while riding (Everyone should read this!)


  25. #25
    ****** to the dirt
    Reputation: deke505's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    4,957
    Quote Originally Posted by sandiego View Post
    This thread will get locked but what the hell... why on earth would I want to carry a big hunk of metal with me when I ride? What am I protecting myself from? Someone who wants my bike? My cell phone? My money? ****... they can have it. They want my life? What is their motivation?

    Maybe there are more crazy people where you live. For me it's a non-issue and one I won't even entertain because it is just plain silly.

    And I own guns.
    There is a reason why most of these threads get binned.
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimus View Post
    There's some strange folk out there 'bouts. They have no sense of humor.
    http://thewoodgallery.blogspot.ca/

  26. #26
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    266
    Do we need two threads on the same topic at the top of the page? Maybe they can be combined.

  27. #27
    mtbr member
    Reputation: sandiego's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    175
    Quote Originally Posted by OKbkr View Post
    Okay, so that was funny. And it devolved pretty quick. However, I think the topic is legitimate and I would like to actually discuss it seriously.

    I have been riding for a week. I mostly only ride on the road. But I hike. Avidly. When I hike, I never feel in danger. But things do happen. One thing is for sure, statistically, you are MUCH more likely to be injured by falling or doing something stupid or the weather than by any other living creature, human or animal.

    One of the city bike trails in my area is poorly lit and passes through a bad side of town that is known for drive by shootings. The town is Muskogee, OK, which has consistently ranked in the top most dangerous cities in the U.S. Seriously, I have literally feared for my life when I was in certain parts of town. Now, obviously it is my choice whether to frequent these areas.

    But let's say that I don't want to "let them scare me." Let's say that I want to "make a stand" and show the gangbangers that this trail is being reclaimed. What can I do? I think invoking my right as a CCL holder is actually appropriate in this case. It would be a pain in the butt, however, and I have never done it. But that doesn't mean that it is off the table.

    As for crime on the trail... well... It definitely happens, but I choose to believe in the overall decency of human beings. Plus, I would just give whoever it was, whatever they wanted. In the off chance that I became one of the 0.001 percent (if that) of people that die in violent crimes? Well, at least I died doing something that I enjoyed. Or used the self defense training to take care of the situation.

    In my opinion, carrying a weapon is a privilege and responsibility and when I am on the trail, I don't want any of the latter. I'm there for fun.

    Besides... I think that the criminals who are willing to hike 15 miles out after driving to a middle-of-nowhere trailhead are likely to be a very tiny fraction of a percentage of all the criminals in the world. I'll take my chances.

    But as for the CC in a dangerous part of the city... well, that might be a whole 'nother story.
    Same here.

    I'm sure these two idiots both thought they were in the right.
    Josh Sugarmann: Rude Awakening: Two CCW Holders Kill One Another

  28. #28
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    79
    Quote Originally Posted by sandiego View Post
    Same here.

    I'm sure these two idiots both thought they were in the right.
    Josh Sugarmann: Rude Awakening: Two CCW Holders Kill One Another
    This is the best example that gun actually save live!

    You make me so proud of living up noth, It's geating crazy down there.

  29. #29
    247
    247 is offline
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1,333
    that is why I don't carry when I ride.. short fuse........

  30. #30
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    455

    Re: Carry a gun while riding (Everyone should read this!)

    Quote Originally Posted by 247 View Post
    short fuse........
    Short memory too? I thought you were adamant about being done with this topic, informing everyone like 20 times. I'm sorry to say that I don't think I can take you seriously anymore. My search continues for an Internet blowhard who doesn't paint themselves into corners.

  31. #31
    I didn't do it
    Reputation: Mookie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    9,059
    I wish I hadn't read this.
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted
    Remember, commas save lives

  32. #32
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    726
    Oh no, not another thread asking about shoes, we had one of those twelve years ago, no need to discuss it again! Lets just lock the entire forum up going by that logic.

  33. #33
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Centurion_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    732
    What do you need shoes for? What are you afraid of? People who insist on riding with shoes scare the crap out of me. Bunch of wannabe heroes.

  34. #34
    I didn't do it
    Reputation: Mookie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    9,059
    Hey shoes are OK. Shoes never hurt anyone. Shoes don't kill people, people kill people.
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted
    Remember, commas save lives

  35. #35
    Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Reputation: DIRTJUNKIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    26,602
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumbi4Prez View Post
    Do we need two threads on the same topic at the top of the page? Maybe they can be combined.
    This could be said for 99% of the threads in General going back 15 years. There's only so many bike related topics to talk about. I say let them ride as individual threads. When the mods combine threads all it does is cause complete chaos followed by a surge in psychiatric counseling.
    Progress: Just because we have always done it that way is no reason to keep doing it that way.

  36. #36
    247
    247 is offline
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1,333
    Short memory too? I thought you were adamant about being done with this topic, informing everyone like 20 times. I'm sorry to say that I don't think I can take you seriously anymore. My search continues for an Internet blowhard who doesn't paint themselves into corners.
    You know what (I try to not respond to asssholles who like to attack me after I have written a Thoughtful, Well Documented, and more than Truthful post!!---again it is my opinion but somehow I say things the 'regulars' on here do not like.. then they attack me (so yes I do respond, but mostly try not to)----but when someone like you calls me a blowhard then yeah, I do respond!!--I know the Mods do not like that cause they close things down (but fuk it, 1st amendment does say I can have my own opinion---because I DO NOT call folks Blowhards, etc...)

    ---So to all the Haters on MTBR everytime I post (instead of calling someone a troll, or whatever)---Man Up, just read someone else's opinion that may differ from yours (and grow up!)

    All you folks do is start name calling 247... but I expect that from these regulars on MTBR..... but who cares (besides the Mods who have to shut these down)-----I am just expressing my opinion (until MTBR gets all North Korea on me and shuts me down on this site)----AND THAT is what all you fools should really be concerned with!!!! 247...

  37. #37
    Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Reputation: DIRTJUNKIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    26,602
    Quote Originally Posted by Terp View Post
    Short memory too? I thought you were adamant about being done with this topic, informing everyone like 20 times. I'm sorry to say that I don't think I can take you seriously anymore. My search continues for an Internet blowhard who doesn't paint themselves into corners.

    Quote Originally Posted by 247 View Post
    You know what (I try to not respond to asssholles who like to attack me after I have written a Thoughtful, Well Documented, and more than Truthful post!!---again it is my opinion but somehow I say things the 'regulars' on here do not like.. then they attack me (so yes I do respond, but mostly try not to)----but when someone like you calls me a blowhard then yeah, I do respond!!--I know the Mods do not like that cause they close things down (but fuk it, 1st amendment does say I can have my own opinion---because I DO NOT call folks Blowhards, etc...)

    ---So to all the Haters on MTBR everytime I post (instead of calling someone a troll, or whatever)---Man Up, just read someone else's opinion that may differ from yours (and grow up!)

    All you folks do is start name calling 247... but I expect that from these regulars on MTBR..... but who cares (besides the Mods who have to shut these down)-----I am just expressing my opinion (until MTBR gets all North Korea on me and shuts me down on this site)----AND THAT is what all you fools should really be concerned with!!!! 247...
    Huh?
    WTF did I miss, I walked to the kitchen and back and all hell broke lose.
    Progress: Just because we have always done it that way is no reason to keep doing it that way.

  38. #38
    247
    247 is offline
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1,333
    -----that's hilarious

  39. #39
    mtbr member
    Reputation: jammin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    184
    Quote Originally Posted by 247 View Post
    I have seen some crazy violent behavior at the Big trails like French Creek!!!)
    Car to elaborate? I have been riding there for 15 years and have never seen anything. just curious.
    2016 Trek Stache 7
    2013 Specialized Camber Comp
    2013 Specialized Stumpjumper Comp

  40. #40
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Yama Arashi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    128

  41. #41
    mtbr member
    Reputation: pharmaboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    505
    I wonder what the international members of this forum think when they read all this stuff?

    If it's really that dangerous, you guys should be movin' somewhere safe - Somalia maybe?

  42. #42
    mtbr member
    Reputation: 006_007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    8,790
    Quote Originally Posted by pharmaboy View Post
    I wonder what the international members of this forum think when they read all this stuff?

    If it's really that dangerous, you guys should be movin' somewhere safe - Somalia maybe?
    We laugh our a$$es off at these threads. They are funny.

  43. #43
    ...but I'm a Silly Hunter
    Reputation: Haint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,191
    ...uhh learn to focus on the positive.


    Stay off the internet though. Because that'll mess you up sideways.
    I like Sand - I don't like Witches


  44. #44
    the half breed devil
    Reputation: shekky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    2,964
    i ride in san francisco's golden gate park at night sometimes. i've seen some creepy-meth-y cretins (and their aggressive, untrained, unleashed dogs) in the park after 8:00pm. i've considered carrying pepper spray but never a gun.

    the legal consequences of blasting mister meth-teeth in the face with Sabre Spray...or shooting him anywhere are much different...even if "he was coming right at me'...

    on a last, mean-spirited thought...one day, i hope that the parks department puts pepper spray in the sprinklers to roust the gutter punks who camp on the trails...

  45. #45
    Big Mac
    Reputation: mbmb65's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,654

    Carry a gun while riding (Everyone should read this!)

    Quote Originally Posted by 247 View Post
    mbm65, you look like the dork (at best) with that pic there I am looking at!!


    p.s. This dude looks like the Stupidest (gayest, in HIS WORDS to me) dude..
    maybe he is asking me for a date??
    No way dude! I'd never date such a dork. Gah!!

  46. #46
    mtbr member
    Reputation: sandiego's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    175
    Quote Originally Posted by 247 View Post
    You know what (I try to not respond to asssholles who like to attack me after I have written a Thoughtful, Well Documented, and more than Truthful post!!---again it is my opinion but somehow I say things the 'regulars' on here do not like.. then they attack me (so yes I do respond, but mostly try not to)----but when someone like you calls me a blowhard then yeah, I do respond!!--I know the Mods do not like that cause they close things down (but fuk it, 1st amendment does say I can have my own opinion---because I DO NOT call folks Blowhards, etc...)

    ---So to all the Haters on MTBR everytime I post (instead of calling someone a troll, or whatever)---Man Up, just read someone else's opinion that may differ from yours (and grow up!)

    All you folks do is start name calling 247... but I expect that from these regulars on MTBR..... but who cares (besides the Mods who have to shut these down)-----I am just expressing my opinion (until MTBR gets all North Korea on me and shuts me down on this site)----AND THAT is what all you fools should really be concerned with!!!! 247...
    I don't know about the rest of you but this is what keeps me up at night.

  47. #47
    check your six
    Reputation: sodak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    4,181
    Quote Originally Posted by 247 View Post
    You know what (I try to not respond to asssholles who like to attack me after I have written a Thoughtful, Well Documented, and more than Truthful post!!---again it is my opinion but somehow I say things the 'regulars' on here do not like.. then they attack me (so yes I do respond, but mostly try not to)----but when someone like you calls me a blowhard then yeah, I do respond!!--I know the Mods do not like that cause they close things down (but fuk it, 1st amendment does say I can have my own opinion---because I DO NOT call folks Blowhards, etc...)

    ---So to all the Haters on MTBR everytime I post (instead of calling someone a troll, or whatever)---Man Up, just read someone else's opinion that may differ from yours (and grow up!)

    All you folks do is start name calling 247... but I expect that from these regulars on MTBR..... but who cares (besides the Mods who have to shut these down)-----I am just expressing my opinion (until MTBR gets all North Korea on me and shuts me down on this site)----AND THAT is what all you fools should really be concerned with!!!! 247...
    Whoa there bud.. First off, you knew there were many "anti-gun" supporters here on MTBR. So don't get mad when there are opposing views of yours either. If you keep it civil, calm, and focused anyone can have a conversation. But, this thread immediately comes off hostile and aggressive, and you wonder why you get hostile and aggressive responses?

    TO me, as soon as either side of any debate results to insults they both lose all credibility to me. WE are a people where anger and stubbornness gets in the way of facts and common sense.
    "We can always find excuses if we want to find them, but if we really want to do something, we have to just go."

  48. #48
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    79
    Mat be the question you should ask yourself (american) Is: Why do you have to fear that much will riding on the forest, our even just walking on the street?? What is wrong with your country?

    There must be a really profound society probleme down there. Any chance it's the free capitalism? Anything for money, me, myself, and I atitude?

    You really thing it normal to fear riding in the forest? Except for animal maybe...

  49. #49
    Armature speller
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    1,811

    Re: Carry a gun while riding (Everyone should read this!)

    Quote Originally Posted by lapinGTI View Post
    You really thing it normal to fear riding in the forest? Except for animal maybe...
    Look what happened to Little Red when she went Riding in the Hood without a CCW.

  50. #50
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Yama Arashi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    128
    Incidents happen every day, in any given country. The odds are always in your favor considering the sheer numbers/percentages, until your number comes up.

    I realize some here will take issue considering the source, but these are all documented cases, and only a tiny fraction of all that occur, whether for better or worse.

    Make a mockery of differing opinions, mentalities, and cliche' sayings as you will, but there are plenty of actual scenarios where people were most certainly glad to have such a tool at their disposal.

    NRA-ILA | Armed Citizen

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Do you carry a knife while riding?
    By roc865 in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 275
    Last Post: 09-21-2015, 11:45 AM
  2. What should you carry while riding?
    By matbar20 in forum Beginner's Corner
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 03-01-2013, 10:44 AM
  3. Do you carry a gun while riding?
    By idontplaynice in forum The ReCycle Bin
    Replies: 56
    Last Post: 02-20-2012, 11:54 PM
  4. How do you carry your tools for XC riding?
    By The Boz in forum Tooltime
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 11-26-2011, 06:05 PM
  5. Do You Carry KY Jelly While Riding?
    By Thatshowiroll in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 03-07-2011, 05:44 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •