Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Front Range, Colorado
    I worry for all your safety. The ones carrying and the ones not carrying. After reading through this thread I'm not so sure the world is safe with the mentality displayed here.
    --------- __o
    ------- _`\<,_
    ------ (*)/ (*)
    ************^^^^^^^^^Rock Garden

mtbr member

WOAI News 4 - News

WOAI News 4 - News

Masked man attacks woman jogging in Leon Creek Greenway
    This is the second attack in two weeks.
    The first stabbed the woman in the back and left her for dead.

the half breed devil
    "But woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye shut up the kingdom of heaven against men: for ye neither go in yourselves, neither suffer ye them that are entering to go in."

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by lapinGTI View Post
    Mat be the question you should ask yourself (american) Is: Why do you have to fear that much will riding on the forest, our even just walking on the street?? What is wrong with your country?

There must be a really profound society probleme down there. Any chance it's the free capitalism? Anything for money, me, myself, and I atitude?

You really thing it normal to fear riding in the forest? Except for animal maybe...
    You got it. The irony is it's the right side of politics that support the carrying of guns to protect themselves and they are also the side that doesn't like welfare.

All of Western Europe, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, UK etc etc are safer because the right wing of politics doesn't believe in the stupidity of toting guns around, and understands that a decent progressive tax system and welfare helps keep crime down.

If you live in a country where gated communities exist in numbers, you have a problem. ( Russia! South Africa, and USA come to mind)

Elitest thrill junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by Yama Arashi View Post
    Make a mockery of differing opinions, mentalities, and cliche' sayings as you will, but there are plenty of actual scenarios where people were most certainly glad to have such a tool at their disposal.
    Yep, I'm glad I have my fire extinguisher. I hope I never have to use it.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

sympathy for society
    Quote Originally Posted by pharmaboy View Post
    You got it. The irony is it's the right side of politics that support the carrying of guns to protect themselves and they are also the side that doesn't like welfare.

All of Western Europe, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, UK etc etc are safer because the right wing of politics doesn't believe in the stupidity of toting guns around, and understands that a decent progressive tax system and welfare helps keep crime down.

If you live in a country where gated communities exist in numbers, you have a problem. ( Russia! South Africa, and USA come to mind)

So your saying that we should start giving people more free money from the state to support themselves, completely throwing personal responsibility out the window? And if we don't there will be more crime? But if we do, the crime rate will drop? Did I understand you correctly?
    "We can always find excuses if we want to find them, but if we really want to do something, we have to just go."

duh
    Quote Originally Posted by sodak View Post
    So your saying that we should start giving people more free money from the state to support themselves, completely throwing personal responsibility out the window? And if we don't there will be more crime? But if we do, the crime rate will drop? Did I understand you correctly?
    No what he is saying that if there is a safety net for people who loose their jobs for what ever reason may not turn to crime. Unfortunately there will always be people who will abuse this and there will still be gang bangers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tone's View Post
    the big aussie rep bomb is comin your way

sympathy for society
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayem View Post
    Yep, I'm glad I have my fire extinguisher. I hope I never have to use it.
    My friend, you are a troll that just won't let it go. WE all get your anti-gun stance, you've made your point very clear. Please just let it go and stop trolling every thread. Please & Thank you.
    "We can always find excuses if we want to find them, but if we really want to do something, we have to just go."

Elitest thrill junkie
    Well, if we can trust people to use guns, surely we can trust them to use money responsibly. Right?
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

sympathy for society
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayem View Post
    Well, if we can trust people to use guns, surely we can trust them to use money responsibly. Right?
    From a fisherman mindset and dealing with trolling... you are going to have to try much harder for me to set the hook.

Elitest thrill junkie
    From a fisherman mindset, you are going to have to try much harder for me to set the hook.
    I don't have to have you set anything, my day does not hinge upon this. The double-standard is there for everyone else to see. Enjoy your day.

mtbr member

banned
    Jan 2014
    Who's trolling ???

Genius
    Quote Originally Posted by 247 View Post
    [B].....I know me, If I rode with Bears I would carry a gun (forget the pepper spray)----it is life and death at that point!!
    A regular handgun will only piss the bear off, thus encouraging it's aggressiveness toward you. So, unless you are planning on carrying a high power rifle, or a perhaps a magnum 44 in your camel-back, the spray is more effective.
    "I think im gonna go to walmart and look at the mountain bikes and see if i can salvage the rear frame."- Nick_Knipp 3/21/12

I build my own.
    I know me, If I rode with Bears I would carry a gun (forget the pepper spray)----it is life and death at that point!!
    Quote Originally Posted by 6bobby9 View Post
    A regular handgun will only piss the bear off, thus encouraging it's aggressiveness toward you. So, unless you are planning on carrying a high power rifle, or a perhaps a magnum 44 in your camel-back, the spray is more effective.
    I shot a small black bear that was running at me and I've seen others shoot running bears. I've never seen one drop in it's tracks. They always continue on for a little bit. I've also hit bears with pepper spray. Not only do they stop dead in their tracks, I've had them do that thing where they fly backwards a few feet like you see in the movies when someone gets shot.

I've never been attacked by a human on the trail. But if I was, I'd trust my bear spray.
    I have a device that can access the total knowledge of man. I use it to look at pictures of cats and argue with strangers.

mtbr member
    The only place it makes sense to carry a gun MAYBE is IF you live in the ghetto and do a ton of urban riding. Outside of this, it absolutely makes NO sense at all. The post is basically a need for validation for being able to carry a gun for no real reason at all. Anything bad can happen ANYWHERE, so that means we should be able to carry guns anywhere? I'm sure many will wish this is true but I think that's just ridiculous.

Genius
    Quote Originally Posted by Trail Ninja View Post
    I shot a small black bear that was running at me and I've seen others shoot running bears. I've never seen one drop in it's tracks. They always continue on for a little bit. I've also hit bears with pepper spray. Not only do they stop dead in their tracks, I've had them do that thing where they fly backwards a few feet like you see in the movies when someone gets shot.

I've never been attacked by a human on the trail. But if I was, I'd trust my bear spray.

Agreed on the spray. It's fantastic. I am a rancher, hunter and mountain biker. I hunt everything including bears. I have an 11,000' mountain in my back yard with a couple thousand bears. A hand gun will not stop a 1000 lb bear around here, it just makes them mad. A little black bear sure but honestly a little training goes a long way and it's free. I am not in Alaska but it was the first link and it is common most anywhere. Anyone that frequents the mountain can get a in on a 1 hour session at their local USFS here in the states.

Safety: bears and you
    "I think im gonna go to walmart and look at the mountain bikes and see if i can salvage the rear frame."- Nick_Knipp 3/21/12

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mookie View Post
    Hey shoes are OK. Shoes never hurt anyone. Shoes don't kill people, people kill people.
    Whoa there not so fast......shoes in the wrong hands are severely dangerous weapons.
    Pimp sues Nike for not warning shoes could be dangerous if used to beat people - U.S. News
    "The impossible often has a kind of integrity which the merely improbable lacks."
    -Douglas Adams

banned
    Apr 2009
    The only place it makes sense to carry a gun MAYBE is IF you live in the ghetto and do a ton of urban riding. Outside of this, it absolutely makes NO sense at all. The post is basically a need for validation for being able to carry a gun for no real reason at all.
    Not so.....

I was posting factual evidence of what even happens in Amish Country (Lancaster Pa.)---the Lancaster area (and surrounding towns) now have more violence (per capita) then the Big City down the street (Philly.)

I am sure this is happening in A LOT of areas in this Country (if it is even happening in Amish Country Pa. (where they even had a drive-by shooting of an Amish buggy here a few months ago and the horse died after the trip cause it took bullets!!!)--see this:

Drive-By Amish Buggy Shooting Kills Horse

I was saying (as I have been for the last 5 years now of riding in the woods) that I am just amazed that more DOES NOT happen on the trails (because you are miles away from any help)-----you can blow a whistle 100 times and 99.9% of those times no one will probably even come to see if you need help... At least that is what I have seen in trails in Central Pa.

And the trails in Philly (Belmont especially) do have violent episodes happen there.. I was just responding to the guy who asked if ANYONE DOES CARRY ON THE TRAILS (No Trolling, just backing up that in this area violence is happening even on the trails---see my original post)

And this area has Harrisburg, Pa. (State Capitol, they have great trails here also!) and Reading Pa. (worse crime than Detroit and Camden N.J.) and York Pa. (which does have great trails there also!)

And even Lancaster Pa. now has more cameras than anywhere in the Country because of crime there!!

I worked with a few people who did have concealed weapons in this area (because of incidents they later told me about where they almost ended up a victim of crime..)

But I will say this (my opinion, which everyone gives when they write a sentence on this board)----I am sure that in Texas (where folks carry weapons and can even shoot and kill ANYONE on their property, I am sure crime is a lot less in those areas---knowing people do carry guns...) I know for a fact there that even the Bank (Wells Fargo, etc...) cannot even come on your property to repo a car you have not paid on (because by law there the homeowner can shoot to kill!!!!)

--All I am saying is that especially when out in the woods (where anything can happen, and no one might ever find your body... Why not carry a gun there???)----I would be apt to carry a gun in the woods than I would walking down the street going to McDonalds....

--p.s. York Pa. (about an hour from Baltimore Md.) now is so lawless that you have 10-20 incidents each night (in a small town) of people just shooting there guns off randomly.... The city had to install 'microphones' all around the city so they can pinpoint where the shots keep being fired from (but never seem to actually catch anyone there doing it??)

mtbr member
    Big shout out to 247. Hope you and all your boyz from L.A. to Philly are enjoying an ice cold Magic Hat #9 and a tasty burger from Fuddrucker's. I know you got Donald Trump's right hand man on the line. You tell these mtbr haters:

Magic Hat #9-BEST EVER!
    You're so cute internet tough guy. Noogie...Noogie...Noogie.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by lapinGTI View Post
    There must be a really profound society probleme down there. Any chance it's the free capitalism? Anything for money, me, myself, and I atitude?
    Quote Originally Posted by pharmaboy View Post
    I haven't seen a stretch like that since the women's gymnastics teams last competed at the Olympics.

Elitest thrill junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by Yama Arashi View Post
    I haven't seen a stretch like that since the women's gymnastics teams last competed at the Olympics.
    Pretty sure they compete at every Olympics.

banned
    Apr 2009
    Hey Slow Danger---it is nice to know that I have a following and you are so well versed on 247...

and yes, had a Magic Hat #9 earlier watching the NFL games (and had one last night even....) it is like the 5th food group....

--p.s. Friday at work I had Goerge Bush's buddy on conference call.... I have to write a separate post on that..

You are probably now living vicariously through me aren't you. Telling all your friends my stories like they are yours! You are even posting my prior posts for all to see (and have more of a following on MTBR.)

But Seriously Dude, you are a little 'trick' aren't you... Come down to Philly so I can get you out on the streets, quick!! (where you belong!!) you little Hoe'...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by 247 View Post
    But Seriously Dude, you are a little 'trick' aren't you... Come down to Philly so I can get you out on the streets, quick!! (where you belong!!) you little Hoe'...
    Hey, man. I'm just messing. I figured you was too.
    You're so cute internet tough guy. Noogie...Noogie...Noogie.

mtbr member
    Talking about a mans choice of beer is off limits, brooo lol. Kidding aside, the sensitivity of the op, mixed with a gun on the trail makes for a dangerous combination. What? You don't like my bike? Oh you don't yield on the trail? Things like this make me worry more than anything I will ever encounter on the trail.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast