Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Bring a NERF ball to a football game... get treated like an idiot

This post is a discussion on, you guessed it - the WALLY WORLD FAT BIKES!

So you ask: WHY do those of us who have been around fat bikes for awhile have a problem with something as cheap and wonderful as a bike bought at the same place where you can see this?

Well, getting past all the massive amount of corporate green, low worker wages, slave labor cases, deaths, inability for a lot of us to support a place that has that tied to it, etc etc.

It basically boils down to the title of this thread. IF YOU WERE IN FOOTBALL, YOU WOULDN'T BRING A NERF BALL TO A GAME. Well, that is, if you didn't want to absolutely be laughed off the field. Sorry to bring you into this Nerf, I have had plenty of good times with you as a child. Nerf, I know in some of your commercials and product photos you like to show yourself on a football field or that you are actually a serious "tool", but Nerf, everyone knows you are just a cheap toy and not to be used by serious players.

"So what... I'm just getting into it and you are a fool for paying 2 grand for a fat bike" - the Walmart fat bike buyer as they roll their fresh wallgoose into the garage next to their $2500 full suspension.

Well, most of us who love fat bikes and fat biking. It's fine... ride your Walmart fat bike. It REALLY, really, REalllly, isn't actually going to effect any of us in our daily lives AT ALL.

BUT... when you come around people who legitimately understand the need for the proper tool for the job, understand quality, proper parts, etc (many) etc... don't act like it is an apples to apples comparison to your walgoose. You are still on a bike being sold at Walmart and will be treated as such... IN THIS forum... and ALL OTHERS ON MTBR.

MaverickMotoMedia.com
    Preach it brother Duggus! Preach it!
    Maverick Moto Media Motorcycles, Mountain Biking & Social Media Mgt
    Facebook Twitter Instagram

Nuts

How?

How did you ever get the ever elusive extraordinary sneaky Jonshonda on camera?
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    And I love beer!!

mtbr member
    For a minute i thought he shopped at the GAP ?? Like he needs Xtra Fat.
    13 On One Fatty
    08 YETI 575 BLK. C.King Hubs/Hadley
    96 Specialized Stump Jumper FS Tweaked

Quote Originally Posted by bdundee View Post
    You have to sit very still and be very quiet or otherwise you will scare him off and he'll be gone!

mtbr member
    OMG .. I really needed a good laugh .. and this did it

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by bdundee View Post
    Jonshonda at Wally world? Did he ride a Beast there...?

Things you learn about the secret lives of people from the interwebs!

Redemption is still within the realm of possibility...he is reaching for a Pepsi...not a diet coke.

Let the Nerf Bowl continue.
    The Blessings of Providence...NOwhere or NOWhere? ...Chuck Norris paraphrased

Laramie, Wyoming
    I think it's possible that the man in the picture set down his two cases of pop in order to find something to eat to go with what he was drinking.

Good thread duggus. I absolutely can't stand the walmart beast threads. The only thing worse is to sell a "walmart beast" and buy the next cheapest bike out there.

I'd give you some rep points but I guess I have to spread it around first.

mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    Just put in a ten miler on my beast this am. Great ride!!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by alphazz View Post
    I think it's possible that the man in the picture set down his two cases of pop in order to find something to eat to go with what he was drinking.

Good thread duggus. I absolutely can't stand the walmart beast threads. The only thing worse is to sell a "walmart beast" and buy the next cheapest bike out there.

I'd give you some rep points but I guess I have to spread it around first.
    I tried to give some points too, but got the same message

mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    "the Walmart fat bike buyer as they roll their fresh wallgoose into the garage next to their $2500 full suspension."

They just got back from an outstanding fat bike ride, while their other, forgotten bike, sits, unused, losing value by the minute, in the garage.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by GiantTrek View Post
    "the Walmart fat bike buyer as they roll their fresh wallgoose into the garage next to their $2500 full suspension."

They just got back from an outstanding fat bike ride, while their other, forgotten bike, sits, unused, losing value by the minute, in the garage.
    And your cheap Wally bike has NO value ..

Years ago I paid about $200 + for a Walmart bike only to sell it a year later my garage sale for $25. It really wasn't worth that IMO so I was happy to get the 25 bucks.

Your Best Friend
    If you bought your "bicycle" in the toy aisle at the same store you just picked up toilet paper and twinkies, you're wrong.
    I guide and rent bikes in Northern Utah

http://www.facebook.com/AdventureEarthRides

mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgCqz3l33kU

Get a grip man. I know it keeps you up all night, and that your meds can't quite keep your bike buying anxiety under control.

But really, you need a new hobby. Bike bashing just makes you look like an out of control, cry baby kid.

9:zero:7
    I got the good laugh too....
    Only the dead fish swims with the current!

My other ride is your mom
    Mar 2014
    Are ANY fatbike frames, rims or tires not made in China or Siam?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by GiantTrek View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgCqz3l33kU

Get a grip man. I know it keeps you up all night, and that your meds can't quite keep your bike buying anxiety under control.

But really, you need a new hobby. Bike bashing just makes you look like an out of control, cry baby kid.
    Umm .. I think this bothers YOU a whole lot more than it does him. He isn't crying .. he .. and us are getting a chuckle out of this thread.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Sand Rat View Post
    Jonshonda at Wally world? Did he ride a Beast there...?
    Nope. I hear he's been testing for Tommi C. and the team Xtreme fat bike people.
    Noogie...Noogie...Noogie.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by CurtP View Post
    You are missing one BIG point/difference .. QUALITY CONTROL specs variances from one factory to another. Almost ALL higher end mass produced bikes like Trek, Specialized etc are built to far more stringent specifications than a Wall Mart made bike. All you have to do is to compare the components, welds etc. the differences will be day and night.

And so will be the ride as I found out. My Wally bike was AWFUL.
    My SIL bought a set of wally bikes for himself and my daughter when they bought a house in the burbs 10 years ago .. rode them a few times and they ended up taking up space. They moved out to the country and the bikes although ridden what you could count on one hand look like they were ridden hard & put up wet inspite of never seeing a drop of rain on them. I asked him and he said they were just no fun to ride when they thought they would be .. a real waste of $$

Lesson learned .. I'd rather pay $2,000 for a bike that I enjoy and inspires me to get out and ride a lot, than a $200 bike that I struggle to pedal and SUX to ride.

mtbr member
    Fatback Aluminum frames. One of the reasons I ride one.

Dirt, Sweat and Gears
    Fail. Nerf isn't cheap. :P

(I had to spend like $100 on Nerf guns to have a nerf-war with my nephew)
    Noob on a 2014 Trek X-Caliber 7
    Dirt, Sweat and Gears - my new outdoors blog

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomahawk3Niner View Post
    Fail. Nerf isn't cheap. :P

(I had to spend like $100 on Nerf guns to have a nerf-war with my nephew)
    Sucker .. should have gone to Wal Mart and paid less .. lol J/K

mtbr member
    Dang....Hooked up my trusty snob meter to this thread and it went to eleven. Most meters only go to ten but this one goes one higher.
    Duct tape makes you smarter.

My other ride is your mom
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by kris7047th View Post
    You are missing one BIG point/difference .. QUALITY CONTROL specs variances from one factory to another. Almost ALL higher end mass produced bikes like Trek, Specialized etc are built to far more stringent specifications than a Wall Mart made bike. All you have to do is to compare the components, welds etc. the differences will be day and night.
    So do you think low worker wages, slave labor cases, deaths, etc is different because the specification is better?

Quote Originally Posted by smithcreek View Post
    Fatback Aluminum frames. One of the reasons I ride one.
    Thank you - really the answer I was looking for.

mtbr member
    So do you think low worker wages, slave labor cases, deaths, etc is different because the specification is better?

Do you have PROOF that workers at Trek, Specialized are treated the same? How about that smart phone .. or any cell phone for that matter? Don't get me wrong, I MUCH prefer USA MADE .. But when it comes to quality control there in lies the difference no matter where the product is made.

I also support local bike shops family owned, who take the time to fit me properly instead of a *one size fits all* bike, back warranties ..

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast