Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    mtbr member
    May 2011

Re: Bring a NERF ball to a football game... get treated like an idiot

It amazes me that someone would trust a bike that was designed, manufactured, assembled, packed into a box, shipped across the world on a giant barge, unpacked and finished by a store employee, and THEN SOLD FOR A PROFIT at a department store for $250. Just think about that for a moment.

There is a reason bikes cost what they cost. You're not "beating the system" by throwing away $250 of your hard earned on a toy "bike" from a big box store that will end up in a trash heap in the not too distant future.

And don't even compare skilled welders and high tech manufacturing in Taiwan to bottom dollar slave labor in China. Not even close.

People always want something for nothing. Save for a few extra months and buy something that actually has some intrinsic value, ffs.

mtbr member
    This guy sure had fun on his junker...

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    Unless I am missing something...don't most on here understand that inexpensive bikes have a place? It's just that it is a limited one.

What the biggest objection seems to be, is at the moment, not that cheep bikes are becoming more common, but that they are becoming a little more common on this sub-forum. Just because it's fat, doesn't mean...

I do not see an elitist approach so much as I understand that it is a very difficult thing to lead people to an understanding...who lack a grasp of the concepts and discipline deemed necessary to become an effective fat bike rider; or that fat biking is 'different' in the first place.

Rule #1 then becomes: Start with a solid foundation.
    Just like Fat Bikes...the posters on here can go anywhere...and do.

Rogue Exterminator
    Quote Originally Posted by ultraspontane View Post

And don't even compare skilled welders and high tech manufacturing in Taiwan to bottom dollar slave labor in China. Not even close.
    You do know where Taiwan is?
    Just stick it in granny and start grinding.

Your Best Friend
    You do know what the difference between Taiwan and China is right?

Rogue Exterminator
    Yes and that answer to that would depend on who you ask and create great debate.

Perpetual n00b

Bring a NERF ball to a football game... get treated like an idiot

This thread has been super helpful actually. Now I know exactly who NOT to ride with.
    When the chicks at school see how gay we are, they're gonna be all over us.

mtbr member
    May 2011

Re: Bring a NERF ball to a football game... get treated like an idiot

Quote Originally Posted by kjlued View Post
    You do know where Taiwan is?
    Always count on kjlued to bring the dumb.

Nuts
    Dang that's usually my job!! Oh wait I did first
    And I love beer!!

Rogue Exterminator
    Always count on ultrasplugetaint to be an elitist d!ck wad.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Always count on ultrasplugetaint to be an elitist d!ck wad.
    You two just need to have sex and get it over with, we are all sick of the bickering and tension.

Back on topic.....**** cheap bikes!!!

Rogue Exterminator
    Quote Originally Posted by jonshonda View Post
    You two just need to have sex and get it over with, we are all sick of the bickering and tension.
    Glad everyone appointed you to speak for everyone.
    And all that bickering in tension in only a couple posts. lol

But I can stop if she can stop.

mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    Bring a NERF ball to a football game... get treated like an idiot-image.jpg

Manuel Beastly makes your post irrelevant
    And the bike fell apart on him and he had horrible horrible things to say about it.

Walgoose defenders to the end: Like I originally said... you riding a low quality bike isn't going to effect any of us in our lives away from this computer. Just expect to be treated like a guy showing up to a football game with a nerf ball. But we are elitist right? Hey... I'll take that title all day... guess that means I made it. Since I spent a good chunk of my childhood growing up in a trailer court. You can call me elite all day and I will enjoy it. It just says to me "you've worked hard for you money and good life, and now you have it. So thanks

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    Lol he beat the snot out of that bike, and did things with it that its not meant to do.
    YET IT STILL DID THEM.

If 1/10 of the people buying these bikes puts its in the ringer as much, then I would be surprised.

Not so sure why all you asshats feel the need to mock someone who has something less than you do. Must be nice living in an ivory tower and driving around Ferraris and $10k carbon fat bikes, because anything less than that is cheap garbage.

Sorry, Surly fans, but didn't you know that your bike is inferior and that there is better out there. Dumbasses only spending $2k on a bike, didn't you know $5k is the lowest amount you can spend on a bike, anything less is junk. Gawd.

We still play football with a nerf ball, so what ?
    Want to come talk **** to our faces and end up laid out for being a smartass ?

I'll be out riding on my Goose all week, while you'll probably still be on the forums talking about bikes instead of riding them.
    Get on your internet commando fatigues and come to the trails in Ohio and lets see how much **** you talk in the woods where no one is around and let me know how that works out for you.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by duggus View Post
    And the bike fell apart on him and he had horrible horrible things to say about it.

Walgoose defenders to the end: Like I originally said... you riding a low quality bike isn't going to effect any of us in our lives away from this computer. Just expect to be treated like a guy showing up to a football game with a nerf ball. But we are elitist right? Hey... I'll take that title all day... guess that means I made it. Since I spent a good chunk of my childhood growing up in a trailer court. You can call me elite all day and I will enjoy it. It just says to me "you've worked hard for you money and good life, and now you have it. So thanks
    looks to me like the walmart toy bikes are good enough for your baby mama
    Last edited by rockcrusher; 03-11-2014 at 10:11 AM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by puchcobra View Post
    looks to me like the walmart toy bikes are good enough for your baby mama Kylin on new bike 4-17-11.mov - YouTube
    Umm .. that is a TREK not a walmart bike. It was bought from a bike shop. I suggested to my oldest daughter to get one for my oldest grandson. Notice the bike comes in a variety of geometries .. not a one size fits all ..

Trek Bicycle

Trek Bicycle

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by steveohio View Post

Get on your internet commando fatigues and come to the trails in Ohio and lets see how much **** you talk in the woods where no one is around and let me know how that works out for you.
    Dude, this is the 2nd time I've seen you post threats of physical violence. It's not helping your case if you want to be taken seriously, and it's a surefire way to get banned.

It's a jokey thread about a bike, not a personal attack on you.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by steveohio View Post
    Lol he beat the snot out of that bike, and did things with it that its not meant to do.
    YET IT STILL DID THEM.

If 1/10 of the people buying these bikes puts its in the ringer as much, then I would be surprised.

Not so sure why all you asshats feel the need to mock someone who has something less than you do. Must be nice living in an ivory tower and driving around Ferraris and $10k carbon fat bikes, because anything less than that is cheap garbage.

Sorry, Surly fans, but didn't you know that your bike is inferior and that there is better out there. Dumbasses only spending $2k on a bike, didn't you know $5k is the lowest amount you can spend on a bike, anything less is junk. Gawd.

We still play football with a nerf ball, so what ?

I'll be out riding on my Goose all week, while you'll probably still be on the forums talking about bikes instead of riding them.
    What is your problem ??? I could care less if you love your cheap bike. Ride it all you want. I hope it holds up for you. I plan on riding the snot out of my Surly Pugs .. TODAY

But where do you come across with your threats of physical violence over this? Really .. you need anger management asap.

BTW .. Have you ridden a Surly fat bike? No? Just your wal-goose? If so you have nothing to compare the ride .. and just spew internet keyboard commando BS.
    Grow up.

Thats a Trek bought at my local bike shop smart guy. And my girlfriend is riding a Salsa Big Mamma that I had custom powder coated for her. You seem to think you are cool like you can find personal stuff about me? Wow way to work the internet... Doug Janni, I live in MN like you, I have a son... we are both part of MORC as well I assume, since you seem to creep my posts on there too.

And that is PRETTY CREEPY that you are looking around for videos of my child.

And SteveOhio... seriously??? Chill out or stay off the roids. I've ridden my fat bike every day nearly in the last month, on top of some XC ski'ing. I have a job where I can do a bunch of work and then get on the interwebs. Seriously though... you need to take a pill.

And the Nerf reference was TO A FOOTBALL GAME... not F'ing around in your yard with friends. Anyway... people like you will never get it.

POKE ON.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by duggus View Post
    Thats a Trek bought at my local bike shop J A C K A S S. And my girlfriend is riding a Salsa Big Mamma that I had custom powder coated for her. You seem to think you are cool like you can find personal stuff about me? Wow way to work the internet... Doug Janni, I live in MN like you, I have a son... we are both part of MORC as well I assume, since you seem to creep my posts on there too.

And that is PRETTY CREEPY that you are looking around for videos of my child.

And SteveOhio... seriously??? Chill out or stay off the roids. I've ridden my fat bike every day nearly in the last month, on top of some XC ski'ing. I have a job where I can do a bunch of work and then get on the interwebs. Seriously though... you need to take a pill.

And the Nerf reference was TO A FOOTBALL GAME... not F'ing around in your yard with friends. Anyway... people like you will never get it.

POKE ON.
    OMG .. I didn't realize the vid was yours and of your son! I would be creeped out as well. It would seem a few on this board don't understand *limits* and are on the fringe of stalking and threats of violence .. for what ??

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3