Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: bite me

locked - time out
    May 2005

bite me

eat me
    Last edited by gmookher; 11-15-2010 at 05:51 AM.

mtbr member
    So, you just moved to town, haven't hit every trail in Sedona and your already telling them how to build, maintain, adjust or modify there trail system?

What's next........your gonna move to Flag, ride 25% of the trails and tell them how to do it as well?

I don't think "grandstanding" will over well in this area.

Kathleen in AZ
    Wow dude.... you need to sit back and watch the show a bit before flapping so much. Our beloved Traildoc did a darn good job of yanking our chains a few years ago, but much to his dismay we all pretty much have him figured out now. He should be pleased that he got the AZ newbie all ruffled.... even I find it rather amusing!

locked - time out
    May 2005
    what a tampax
    Last edited by gmookher; 11-15-2010 at 05:48 AM.

parenting for gnarness
    Quote Originally Posted by DurtGurl
    Wow dude.... you need to sit back and watch the show a bit before flapping so much. Our beloved Traildoc did a darn good job of yanking our chains a few years ago, but much to his dismay we all pretty much have him figured out now. He should be pleased that he got the AZ newbie all ruffled.... even I find it rather amusing!
    LOL! +1. and most of us are much happier riders for it.

gmuckher - hysterical you post the same thing on 12 different threads. thanks for the laugh. go ride your bike.

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    I have not seen any of Doc's trail work, but ..... I ride for the challenge.

I have witnessed many miles of trails become maintained and become to saintized in the process
    You need a Thneed

Kathleen in AZ
    Quote Originally Posted by gmookher
    when my GIRLFRIEND complains sections are too easy, I am sorry but there is the LINE
    So Mooky, are you saying that GIRLS cannot ride as well as BOYS?

locked - time out
    May 2005
    John is androgynous

mtbr member
    This is all rather odd Mooky. Did you stop taking your meds? Last time you were on the boards you mentioned you hadn't really ridden the more difficult trails in Sedona. You then arranged to meet Traildoc for a ride and blew him off.
    Another Very Fun Sedona MBH Sunday Group Ride

When you finally answered your cell phone you apparently felt that washing your car was more important than meeting for a ride (that you prearranged) and actually getting shown the goods instead of finding said trails for yourself.

I suspect you can't even ride half the stuff that doc "improves". STFU.

It's a slugfest!
    Interesting. Can your wife outride your girlfriend?

Lot's O good riding in Sedona my friend, I'm sure there is a happy medium here...

Enjoy the trails.

-SS
    "I've got nothing to hoard...."

locked - time out
    May 2005
    bite me
    Last edited by gmookher; 11-15-2010 at 05:45 AM.

locked - time out
    May 2005
    suck it

mtbr member
    where are the JUMPS Trail doc builds? show me ONE
    Have you ridden Pigtail? That may have the features you are looking for. An official trail as well.

locked - time out
    May 2005
    oink
    Last edited by gmookher; 11-15-2010 at 05:49 AM.

mtbr member
    Look, its not about which trail has been left un sanitized now is it? my point is if youre gonna go make trail, and do work as TD does, and the world appreciates, how about multiple lines?

No, actually I dont know where pigtail is, wanna share more info? thanks
    It starts off of Mystic trail. Go get your huck on.

For someone w/ such a strong opinion about Sedona trails you sure don't know much about them

locked - time out
    May 2005
    az SUCKs
    Last edited by gmookher; 11-15-2010 at 05:47 AM.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Just wanted to let you guys know its a beautiful day outside, will be mid 60 in Sedona. Im heading out now and recommend you do too.

locked - time out
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by 29rev
    Just wanted to let you guys know its a beautiful day outside, will be mid 60 in Sedona. Im heading out now and recommend you do too.

amen

Swamp Thaang Groupie
    Rumor has it "Team Tuggie" will be in Sebona next week....Watch out they like the nasty stuff, a lot of group riding involved. They do not take sanitation lightly......

It sure is nice out today all across AZ go ride your bike!

Elitest thrill junkie
    I'm not a hucker, dude, and ride mystic to broken arrow often, where is pigtail more specifically?
    You gotta find the trails yourself. I did yesterday, ones that I'd never done before, ones that I didn't even know existed. Stop being such a pansy and go out there and ride. With such a light efficient bike (unlike my 46lb xc bike that I was riding yesterday), you should have no problem staying out there and putting in some major miles (looking for trails).
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

locked - time out
    May 2005
    go ride your 46# crap
    Last edited by gmookher; 11-15-2010 at 05:46 AM.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Haha! Troll.

mtbr member
    I'm not a hucker, dude, and ride mystic to broken arrow often, where is pigtail more specifically?
    How can you miss it? It's marked by an official FS sign labled Pigtail. You mentioned jumps as one of the features you were looking for in the trail network. Jumping=hucking, no?

Nice running into you today on the Munds Wagon but I still don't see what you're all fired up about. I hope you found the rest of Damifino ok.

Elitest thrill junkie
    J,

sorry pal but a 46lb bike is not an xc bike

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mountain_bike
    why not? Im not passing it off as an xc race bike, but i also see where it says bike x "usually" weighs y, so that leaves plenty of room for the fact that some bikes may not fit into the catagory.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

slower than you
    You are ruining the challenge, while I suspect you think you are enhancing it.
    gm,

i didn't join in your conversation with rockman today on-the-trail; i've grown weary of such things, having poured out too-many, too-similar vitriolic frustations of my own over the course of the last decade or more, trying to convince others (i'm looking at you prodigal son) to see things my way when it come to making changes to what i've always perceived as my trails here in flagstaff.

but, while i sympathize with your frustrations, i cannot join you in your argument. and here's why: i know you're going to lose. those who care to spend their sweat-equity and free time working on trails will win. they have the initiative. they have the will. they are the braceros. and they will do what they choose to do and no one, not you, not the usfs, not a gang of angry freeriders will ever make them stop doing what you hate.

plus, in addition to losing this battle, you will lose the daily pleasure of riding, because you will spend your riding time being angry and not happy. you will lose friends, because people will tire of your grousing about rock all the time. you will lose the respect of your online peers because, like a ******, you will spam forum boards with your blah-blah-blah opinion.

so, once again, here's the voice of experience: stop. just stop. you're one man who wants to ride, up against at least one man who wants to make places for people to ride. he has two things you don't have: the upper-hand and the mccleod. accept it.
    "Let our people travel light and free on their bicycles." Ed Abbey
    http://www.rockychrysler.com/

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast