Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    ~Reformed Mechanic~

Anyone think this Rep System is Messed up?

Im just saying....

Ive got 20+ Pos and 6 Neg but im in the negative... What gives?

High Desert MTBer
    I think the whole system is messed up, and I do not see the point anyway. It is a skewed indicator at the best of times, and gives people the opportunity to anonymously insult if you venture anything like an honest opinion that might not gel with what they think. Overall I believe it is a childish and pointless addition that just detracts from the experience here. I think if people have something to say, good or bad, about a post, they should do it in the text replies. I would not worry about it, I try not to.
    It's all Here. Now.

ouch....
    Quote Originally Posted by rockerc View Post
    I think the whole system is messed up, and I do not see the point anyway. It is a skewed indicator at the best of times, and gives people the opportunity to anonymously insult if you venture anything like an honest opinion that might not gel with what they think. Overall I believe it is a childish and pointless addition that just detracts from the experience here. I think if people have something to say, good or bad, about a post, they should do it in the text replies. I would not worry about it, I try not to.

Remember, it's just an internet forum. Try to be helpful and nice, thats all we can do.
    Riding.....

What?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shark View Post

Remember, it's just an internet forum. Try to be helpful and nice, thats all we can do.
    X2 Don't worry about your rep. If you post positive and informative information, you will have good rep. There will always be the random people who abuse the negative rep feature, but they cant keep doing it to you.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ace5high View Post
    Im just saying....

That has to do with the Rep Power of the people that gave you rep points.
    The people that gave you negative reps had higher rep power ratings than the people that positive repped you.
    You currently have a rep power rating of zero. If you repped somebody, it would do nothing to their reputation, regardless of if you gave them +rep or -rep.
    No matter how much you play nice and candy coat things, people are still going to -rep you occaisionally. Hopefully you just don't get -repped by people with high rep power ratings
    Its all Shits and Giggles until somebody Giggles and Shits

High Desert MTBer
    Like I said, stupid... +1 to the concept of keeping it honest and positive. Personally I have never given any rep, I prefer to make my remarks in 'public'.
    It's all Here. Now.

Mountain Man Dan
    Quote Originally Posted by rockerc View Post
    +3

At least sign your name with negative rep so I can negative rep your @ss back.
    The bike is nothing more then circles turning circles, It's the human motor that makes it elegant.

mtbr member
    In before this thread hits the 'bin...
    Contact information: http://about.me/marpilli

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewtality View Post
    That has to do with the Rep Power of the people that gave you rep points.
    The people that gave you negative reps had higher rep power ratings than the people that positive repped you.
    You currently have a rep power rating of zero. If you repped somebody, it would do nothing to their reputation, regardless of if you gave them +rep or -rep.
    No matter how much you play nice and candy coat things, people are still going to -rep you occaisionally. Hopefully you just don't get -repped by people with high rep power ratings
    So if I bad rep you, I can suk some of your power into my rep power and rep people like a mad powerfull repping repper. Like kryptonite. I will be reveered by all mankind.

Too much coffee.

banned
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Ace5high View Post
    Im just saying....

No flaming but your "Canzo" thread among others proved to be fairly devisive which probably netted you a fair amount of attention. If you don't want neg rep, then I would suggest an approach that seemed less like trolling.

mtbr member
    Only positive repping should be allowed.

Bicycle Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by floydlippencott View Post
    No flaming but your "Canzo" thread among others proved to be fairly devisive which probably netted you a fair amount of attention. If you don't want neg rep, then I would suggest an approach that seemed less like trolling.
    Dude seriously? Could you please drop it already? I read that thread, and the only person that's doing any trolling is you.
    The unexamined life is not worth living - Socrates

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by J3SSEB View Post
    Dude seriously? Could you please drop it already? I read that thread, and the only person that's doing any trolling is you.

This thread? Why not more Canzo 29ers?

That is a troll thread from the first post, and it isn't even a good one. To the op, from a troll to a troll, quityourbeachin.

mtbr member
    I find the whole neg rep thing kinda entertaining, including all the threads about it.. What I think would be cool, would be to display not just each person's total rep, but to also see how much positive vs negative rep they've got. It's good to see that people have thrown positive reps my way, but I've also got plenty of negatives, but that's fine too. I think if you're really speaking your mind you'll get your share of negatives.

I think the admins should just open it up for like 5 minutes on New Years Day, so that you could go back and see who all the peeps were that neg rep'd you. I could just imagine some kind of online Three Stooges-type pie fight occurring.

ps - I am boycotting the Farley Brother's Stooges movie!!

the half breed devil
    i tried to find my dead horse but the scavengers gnawed even the bones into dust...what the hell...bleached bones are no fun to flog at anyway...

Big B's Trails
    In b4 the bin
    I dig dirt!

mtbr member
    Scott O, the Three Stooges comment would have made orange juice come out of my nose.
    Luckily I had just finished it before I read that. You totally captured what would happen with that analogy.

mtbr member
    To the OP: I was thinking, you know, instead of *****ing about your plight in life (or on the internet in this case) you should embrace it. You do not have any good rep. You have bad rep. You are a bad boy.

Guys like me and Marpilli? We're the good kids. We do the right things, help old ladies cross the street, don't swear, get good grades, etc. But we're not gonna get the chicks. You are. You're the online equivalent of the guy who tells the teacher to f*&k off, cuts class, and smokes the pack of butts he stole from 7-11. Embrace it. You sir, are an internet bad boy.

mtbr member
    ^^^ Ahahaha... I like the Three Stooges analogy. Except Moe would have to throw pies at 99 other people before he could re-throw another pie at Larry...

Edit: Curly and Moe, in your example...

fresh fish in stock...... SuperModerator
    Visit these 2 places to help advance trail access:
    http://www.sharingthepct.org/
    http://www.facebook.com/SharingThePct

AZ
    banned
    What?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

the half breed devil
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott O View Post
    To the OP: I was thinking, you know, instead of *****ing about your plight in life (or on the internet in this case) you should embrace it. You do not have any good rep. You have bad rep. You are a bad boy.

Guys like me and Marpilli? We're the good kids. We do the right things, help old ladies cross the street, don't swear, get good grades, etc. But we're not gonna get the chicks. You are. You're the online equivalent of the guy who tells the teacher to f*&k off, cuts class, and smokes the pack of butts he stole from 7-11. Embrace it. You sir, are an internet bad boy.
    words cannot describe how horribly appalled i am at the very thought of "internet bad boys"...or how such a reputation-ruining label might eventually become attached to myself due to shameless admissions of my daily marijauana habit...

are there "internet crips"? "internet MS-13"? or maybe even "internet hells angels"?

the world wide web can be a dark and scary place. god in heaven help us all...

now, back to trying to determine where those damned scavengers buried my horse bones...i know they're around here somewhere...

better ride faster!
    I get both kinds. The only neg rep that left me p.o.'d was for posting a picture of some after ride food. Were they anti food or anti picture...otherwise I state my opinion and if someone disagrees to the point of neg. rep w/o a name...BFD

REP OFF

mtbr member
    Name:  threadlocker02.jpg
Views: 417
Size:  69.1 KB

quitcher*****en

we all get neg rep. we all get pos rep. what does the rep do for us? it gives us a measure of feedback for what people think of how we post. some of it doesn't make any sense, true.

if only a few neg reps sent you negative and you've got a bunch of pos reps, that means you're saying stuff that newbies and not very active forum members like and that you're saying stuff that long-term and active forum members don't like. is that important to you? 'cause all it does is give or take away green chicklets and rep power points you can hand out to others or take away from others. if that's so important to you, then maybe the interwebs is not the right place for you.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast