fc
    stoked Administrator

Wrench Science Mechanic In Time Of Need

August 28, 2007--Peter Togasaki, a 26-year-old bike builder at Berkeley, CA-based Wrench Science, has recently been diagnosed with acute myelogenous leukemia. Togasaki, who's been a bike mechanic for seven years, had been feeling poorly for weeks but never expected to be diagnosed with this tragic cancer of the blood and bone marrow. He's currently facing a battle that will span approximately 6 months, receiving intermittent chemotherapy treatments in an Oakland hospital and perhaps facing a bone-marrow transplant. Togasaki, who's also a part-time student at UC Berkeley, has the support of his nearby friends and family, but is also hopeful that others in the cycling community can pitch in. "I have a 2006 Triumph Speed Four motorcycle that's up for sale," he says. "Cancer kind of hits you in the pocketbook, too."

"We're hoping to rally around Peter and raise enough money to cover his medical/living expenses during this time of need so that he can focus on beating his cancer," says Tim Medina, Wrench Science's CEO. "We want him back as soon as he's able." Around the shop, Togasaki is known as a quiet, efficient worker with a passion for all things two-wheeled, an insatiable appetite for lasagna, and a dream of someday racing motorcycles.

Contributions to the Peter Togasaki Cancer Fund can be made electronically. Please visit http://www.wrenchscience.com/Company/AboutUs/Peter.html
    Eight-year-old Wrench Science is the cycling industry's only on-line custom compatible bike builder of high-end custom-assembled road and mountain bikes.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    IPA will save America

Not an O2 thief.
    Feb 2004

If everyone....

If everyone who visited MTBR clicks this link and gives a few bucks, it could make a huge difference in this guys survivability. Almost everyone who uses MTBR has a paypal account. Just follow the links to make a donation and you can do it through paypal. It took me less time to donate than it did to write this post.
    Roll over the weak and bunny hop the dead!

Blog this...!

El Paso Puzzler 35 or 50 miler

The Bubble Wrap Hysteria
    I second that...it was fast and painless. I can tell you first hand it will take a community to rally behind this young man during this fight for his life.

mtbr member

Done!

I never met Peter nor have I ever purchased anything from Wrench Science but I know how hard fighting something like this can be. It's good to see Wrench Science helping one of their own. You don't see a lot of that these days!

Best of luck to you Peter! Don't give up!

mtbr member
    Jul 2004

Way to go

It's great to see how a small business can truly care for it's own. Just pitched in and I hope everyone who comes across this does as well.

Best of luck Peter

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    Good luck, Peter! Just pitched in and hope to see the strong community here stand up for one of their own and make a difference.

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    I wish you the best amigo! I pitched in as well and if you want someone to talk to (that doesn't know you) feel free to contact me, I'm busy but not that busy.

Kathleen in AZ
    Wrench science just earned another sale from me down the road by this awesome show of support for one of their own. Good luck to Peter during his battle. I hope my small contribution helps a bit. I really wish I could make a bigger impact by taking that 2006 Triumph off your hands as that naked bike is a thing of beauty, but alas I made a promise to my family to stay off street bikes (I sure miss my Honda 599!).

MTB SOCAL
    Donating was easy. Props to Wrench Science for their support. Good luck, Peter.
    Kokopelli Racing

"Curb drops to flat, or curb drops to transition? There's a BIG difference there." Qfactor03

aka Willy Vanilly
    Good luck Peter. Be strong
    Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction.
    E. F. Schumacher

sXe

mtbr member
    Jul 2006

Ibis pitching in

Hey Peter,
    We just made a contribution, hope to see you back in action in the near future, we're all pulling for you!
    Hope to ride with you some time,
    Roxy, Scot, Hans, Tom, Ryan and Aaron
    Ibis Cycles.

Members who have read this thread: 0