Administrator Administrator

Wiens Wins Fifth Leadville Victory Using Ergon Grips

Bests Landis and Kloser While Smashing Course Record

Leadville, Colorado - August 15, 2007 - - Ergon's newest athlete, Dave Wiens of Gunnison, Colorado, obliterated the course record (that he set last year) in the 2007 running of the Leadville Trail 100 mile mountain bike race. Wiens put the Ergon GR2 Grips with Carbon Barends on his bike on Friday, and used them to win the race on Saturday.

"Yeah, I used the large grips. They're awesome" stated Wiens after his victory (Ergon grips come in Small and Large sizes), "I really noticed what a big difference they make when I rode a bike without them, after having used them the day before (for the first time.) Thanks again for getting them out to me before the race. I'm hooked.. "

Number One
    Wiens battled with Floyd Landis for much of the race, and they were both followed by former mountain bike World Champion Mike Kloser, who currently is regarded as one of the best endurance racers in the world.

"I was lucky enough to have supplied Wiens with product when Greg Herbold told me that this big kid from Gunnison was going to be somebody back in 1989," said Steve Boehmke from Ergon. "Luckily he still trusts my judgement and rode the Ergon grips basically site unseen. We're stoked to have him on the program."

Wiens and Landis
    These images are brought to you courtesy of Brian Riepe of Miountain Flyer magazine.
    Click here to read the Leadville story at mountainflyer.com

About Ergon Components
    Ergon Components is the global leader in ergonomic bicycle component development. Garnered with design accolades the world over, Ergon specializes in providing comfortable performance enhancements for every type of cyclist.

Ask for Ergon at your local bicycle dealer, and look for Ergon Components first across the finish line at major races around the globe.

Ergon product is available to dealers from QBP, BTI, Hawley USA, Todson, Action Bicycle, and Seattle Bike Supply.

source: CFE PR+
    Steve Boehmke
    email: chunkyflyrite@gmail.com
    Attached Images Attached Images