Administrator Administrator

TREK/VW Bishop's Challenge: Match My Donation

For Immediate Release - August 2, 2007

On the heels of winning the pro men’s cross country race at the 2007 National Mountain Bike Series #6 “Showdown at Sugar Mountain” event, Jeremiah Bishop has contributed his winnings to the World Bicycle Relief.

Founded in 2005, the mission of World Bicycle Relief is to provide access to independence and livelihood through the power of bicycles.

“Donating my prize money is a way I can share the benefits that I’ve enjoyed from a lifetime of riding bicycles,” Bishop explains. “I believe the bicycle is a practical answer to many of our world’s problems, and this is demonstrated by the success of World Bicycle Relief projects.”

Bishop’s donation will assist World Bicycle Relief in a major project underway in Zambia, Africa. The project involves providing 26,000 bicycles to trained HIV/AIDS healthcare workers and educators. The objective is to bring healthcare to patients, patients to clinics, and preventative care education to communities. This project will require two years and $2,969,000.

“I encourage others to match my donation,” Bishop says, followed with a challenge, “For the next person to make a three hundred and eighty dollar ($380) contribution to World Bicycle Relief, I’ll send my race-winning number plate and an autographed jersey.”

To join Bishop in support of World Bicycle Relief, visit www.worldbicyclerelief.org

To add your gift to an anonymous count of bicycles provided by World Bicycle Relief in response to this challenge, forward a copy of your contribution receipt to SupportWBR@JeremiahBishop.com.

To the first person to contribute $380, Bishop will proudly give his number plate and an autographed jersey.

###

About Trek/VW Racing:
    The Trek/VW Racing team is proudly sponsored by Volkswagen, RockShox, Shimano, Cytomax, Tecnu Extreme, JBL, Bontrager, Light and Motion, Cane Creek, DuMonde Tech, Ogio Bags, SixSixOne and SaraSportline.

About Trek Bicycles:
    Headquartered in Waterloo, Wisconsin, Trek Bicycle Corporation is a global leader in bicycle design and manufacturing. From the original hand-built steel touring frames introduced in 1976 to the revolutionary OCLV carbon fiber first introduced in 1992, Trek’s
    passion for innovation, quality, and performance leads the industry with next-generation technology and thinking. With a record seven consecutive Tour de France titles, six straight 24-hour World Solo Mountain Bike Championships, and countless other
    professional wins, Trek enjoys a rich tradition of victory in the world’s premier cycling events. Today, with a broad range of bicycles and cycling products under the Trek, Gary Fisher, LeMond, Bontrager, and Klein brand names, Trek continues to pursue new ways
    to bring the joy of cycling to all people.

About World Bicycle Relief:
    World Bicycle Relief's vision is that simple sustainable mobility is an essential element in disaster relief and poverty relief. In developed and developing countries, bicycles fulfill the basic mobility needs of individuals and have a direct impact in support of healthcare, education, and economic development. Bicycles empower individuals, their families, and their communities.

source: Michael Browne
    www.trekbikes.com
    Attached Images Attached Images