mtbr member

Rebecca Rusch Wins 24-hr Worlds, Nat Ross Third with help from Stella

September 5th, 2007, Monterey, CA

After a hard fought battle that continued into the early morning hours, Light & Motion athlete Rebecca Rusch took home the Women’s 24-Solo win at the 2007 24-hours of Adrenaline World Championships at Laguna Seca Raceway on September 2nd, 2007. Of note is the fact that Rebecca won using Light & Motion’s brand new LED light system, Stella. “I was blown away - I couldn’t believe that something so small puts out so much light!” said Rusch.

“I was one of the first to see Rebecca as she came off of the course after her win,” said Jackie Petro, Director of Marketing for Light & Motion. “I gave her a big hug and told her how proud we all are of her.” Petro added, “We have a great, personal relationship with our athletes, which transcends the normal rider/sponsor interaction. When Rebecca won the race, all of us were almost in tears because we knew how much work and preparation she had put into her training. We couldn’t be happier or more proud.”

Adding to the success of the weekend, Light & Motion sponsored 24-Solo competitor Nat Ross finished in a very strong third place. Given the difficulty of the course and the competition, Nat said that he was completely satisfied with third place. “The rolling terrain around Laguna Seca belies the fact that there is a lot of climbing on this course—around 2400 feet per lap—It was an incredibly difficult course.” Nat also used Light & Motion’s Stella 180-L system during his night laps. “I saw Stella for the first time when I was at Light & Motion’s headquarters in Monterey on Wednesday before the race. It was so small and light, the previous pictures that I had seen didn’t do it justice.” Ross continued, “When I saw the specs and the burn times, it became obvious to me that this was something that I had to use.”

“Our congratulations go out to both Nat and Rebecca for a job well done at the Worlds,” said Light & Motion Marketing Coordinator Jason Lombard. “We’re always excited to see our lights used during milestone points in our athlete’s careers. These guys are like family to us, and it means a lot to have their trust. It also says a lot about the Light & Motion reputation for reliability—that they’d want to use a brand new product during their most important race of the year.”

In 1989, Light & Motion founders experimented with underwater lighting systems in Monterey, California. These dive enthusiasts built a vertically integrated manufacturing company where designers would create world-class sport-specific products. In 1999, they brought their proven experience to cycling. As their innovative product line expands, their mission is the same: To enhance the lives of our customers through our products and personal interactions.

Light & Motion exemplifies ideals of quality and trust. The company supports measures to reduce waste and emissions by recycling and utilizing alternative transportation. They encourage consumers to return spent batteries for safe recycling. The company is recognized by the US Congress, California State Assembly and AMBAG for outstanding and invaluable service to the community, and has received the WRAP and Green business awards for their conservation efforts.

Light & Motion Lighting Systems are available nationwide through its network of independent retailers. More information about the company can be found on their web site at www.lightandmotion.com.

source: Jackie Petro
    Light & Motion
    www.lightandmotion.com
    Attached Images Attached Images

Members who have read this thread: 0