(Mtbr Site Manager) Administrator

Pro Mountain Biker Mark Weir Extends Contract With Eas Through 2010

EAS team member and product devotee will continue encouraging athletes to use products

COLUMBUS, Ohio July 2, 2007- - EAS - Energy Athletics Strength, a global leader in sports nutrition, formally announced their renewed partnership with WTB Team pro racer Mark “The Meteor” Weir through the 2010 season.

Weir is arguably the most well-rounded professional mountain bike racer in the world. On any given day this 34-year-old native of Detroit, Michigan can win anything from a 5-minute elite-level downhill to a grueling 24-hour marathon. Weir climbed 1,000,000 vertical feet in one year to train for downhill racing; he has set records in races across the country and frequently moonlights in road races. Since he turned professional in 1997, he’s been known for his aggressive riding style and unprecedented work ethic.

“People say that I train too much, without enough recovery,” Weir stated. “I just love riding my bike. Fortunately EAS products speed up my recovery and keep me strong and motivated all year long.”

As well as being a multi-faceted racer, Mark is a dedicated instructor; aiding cyclists in methods to ride better, safer and faster. As he continues his assault on the mountain biking world, EAS will continue to support his endeavors. Through the renewed agreement, Weir will continue to use EAS products and inform professional and amateur athletes about the benefits of using EAS products including Myoplex® Original, Myoplex® Deluxe Bars, Endurathon™, and Muscle Armor™ - all of which Weir is an authentic user. Additionally, Weir will continue to be featured in EAS advertisements, as “The Meteor.”

About EAS
    EAS is a leading developer and marketer of science-based sports nutrition products that help meet the specific needs of athletes of all levels. EAS is part of Abbott Nutrition’s healthy living family of brands. Across many sports, professional athletes and athletes of all levels use EAS products, like Muscle Armor™, Phosphagen Elite™, and Myoplex® Shakes and Bars. For more information, visit www.eas.com

# # #
    Attached Images Attached Images

Knomer
    Mark Weir "the meteor"? Hahahaha, that ad campaign & that rider is a match made in heaven.

TPG
    mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    You said it. That guys a tool.

mtbr member

I think weir all a bit weiry.....

Weir remains a legend in his own mind.

What ever happened to humility. Every action and word that knob produces is pushing back the boundries of absurdity.

I'm "weiry" of the fact that a twit like that stands for anything in this sport. What's next the action figure complete with masturbatory action.
    No conventional wisdom, just current wisdom. Reinvented knowledge that is seldom relevant as the variable landscape is vast.