Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    Administrator Administrator
    Reputation: gregg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2000
    Posts
    7,381

    MRP to unveil the all-new G2 Chain Guide at Crankworx

    FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

    GRAND JUNCTION, CO -- MRP, the long time pioneer in chain guide design has raised the bar for 2008 with the planned October release of the patented G2 chain guide system. The G2 will be the first model to go into production utilizing MRP’s patented integrated chainguide/bash guard technology.

    The G2 showcases a fully integrated skid plate, boomerang, and lower guide design never before seen on a bicycle. The result is a no-compromise guide that is light enough for the most weight conscious racers without sacrificing chain retention, rigidity, or protection of the chain and chainring.


    G2 Features:

    ·Patented Integrated Skid Plate Design
    ·260 grams complete, including all hardware
    ·5mm thick CNC Alloy Boomerang with weight-optimized reliefs
    ·13mm thick replaceable polycarbonate Skid w/full boomerang support
    ·3-point attachment of Skid to Boomerang
    ·Derailleur cage style upper guide providing full chain enclosure


    ·Integrated Skid/Lower Guide including sealed bearing pulley wheel
    ·Enhanced Lower Guide rigidity and protection
    ·Front-access, single-bolt positioning of Upper and Lower Guide
    ·Low profile installation compatible with wide range of chain lines
    ·Available in ISCG or ISCG ’05 mounting standards
    ·36-40 tooth capacity



    G2 Benefits:

    ·Low weight
    ·More Protection
    ·Skid resides 2mm inboard of chainring for the same amount of protection as a traditional bash ring, with less than half the weight!
    ·Skid adds structural integrity to boomerang, and provides inside lower guide surface
    ·Seamless transition when sliding over rocks and obstacles
    ·Transfers energy from impacts into the strongest part of the frame, instead of to the bottom bracket bearings and crank spider. No more bent spiders!
    ·Easy to install and adjust
    ·Minimized chance of crunching the lower guide


    source: Ryan Cranston, www.mrpbike.com
    Attached Images Attached Images

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    72
    looks like a e13 lg

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    22
    looks really nice. i always was a fan of mrp. the setup of this thing looks pretty easy (only on screw on the upper cage....).
    and if its cheaper than a lg1 + supercharge why not.

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation: bikerbum99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    79
    what a total and complete rip off of an e13
    touch the sky

    "it feels like you have a flat, but you don't!!"
    -Unknown Rider-

  5. #5
    Specialized Rida
    Reputation: skate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    815
    I think ethirteen has been messing around with the design, but it looks like to me that MRP made it to the market first. I wonder why ethirteen is taking so long to come out with thiers.

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    1

    G2 bash-chainguide

    The intergrated bash-gaurd on the backplate is patented thats why E-13 hasn't come out with it. I know that e-13 has mounting holes on their backplates but they don't provide any info on what they are for, and they wont tell you either. kinda sneeky if you ask me.

  7. #7
    _dw
    _dw is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,269
    Quote Originally Posted by rage4az
    The intergrated bash-gaurd on the backplate is patented thats why E-13 hasn't come out with it. I know that e-13 has mounting holes on their backplates but they don't provide any info on what they are for, and they wont tell you either. kinda sneeky if you ask me.
    Nice, first post, welcome! Let me clear some things up for you. Actually, the integrated bashguard used in the LG1 is pending patent by e.thirteen and has been for over a year. The claims of the patent that MRP bought from Simple Minds Tech in no way cover the design shown above. e.thirteen built and tested the first chainguide using this design, and certain pro riders have been using the taco design for several years now testing and refining the design. The e.thirteen LG1 with taco has won 4 world championships. You will see the LG1 design with taco on plenty of production bikes at Eurobike and Interbike this year.
    dw★link
    Split Pivot
    @daveweagle -Twitter

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    15
    why no info on what holes are for

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    72
    I knew it weagle you rule .after living on the east coast for the last 6yrs i can spot e13 a mile away .that and e13 is all i'll ride. mrp G2= rip off

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Quarashi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    885
    Quote Originally Posted by flyinhawaiian
    I knew it weagle you rule .after living on the east coast for the last 6yrs i can spot e13 a mile away .that and e13 is all i'll ride. mrp G2= rip off
    Anything goes! As long as it works and it's cheap.
    About buying a bike:
    Quote Originally Posted by No MSG
    It's like finding a wife. Personality is important, but you gotta look at that face every morning.

  11. #11
    Monte Su Bici Maldita
    Reputation: mtnbykr06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    336
    Quote Originally Posted by _dw
    Nice, first post, welcome! Let me clear some things up for you. Actually, the integrated bashguard used in the LG1 is pending patent by e.thirteen and has been for over a year. The claims of the patent that MRP bought from Simple Minds Tech in no way cover the design shown above. e.thirteen built and tested the first chainguide using this design, and certain pro riders have been using the taco design for several years now testing and refining the design. The e.thirteen LG1 with taco has won 4 world championships. You will see the LG1 design with taco on plenty of production bikes at Eurobike and Interbike this year.
    Weagle, I would use the e13, and be a much bigger fan, if it wasn't plastic. First, plastic will flex, and the overall tension would seem to be affected. And second, if you smack it, it's much more likely to bend or break. Tough to do, but I'm pretty sure that I bent the one I was using slighty at Angel Fire. And the fact that I would have to saw through a supercharger to make a bashguard is a little outside my tastes.
    '06 Specialized Demo 8 II * '10 Specialized Pitch Pro * '09 Haro Steel Reserve * '70's Guerciotti SS

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •