(Mtbr Site Manager) Administrator

Light & Motion Athletes Thrive at US 24 Hour Solo Championships

For Immediate Release

August 7th, 2007, Monterey, CA - Light & Motion athletes enjoyed an extremely successful weekend of racing on July 28th-29th at the US 24 Hour of 9 Mile Solo National Championships in Wausau, Wisconsin. In the Men’s 24-Solo Division, Chris Eatough took the overall win and the 24-hour National Championship with Nat Ross in second place and Eddie O’Dea in fourth. Eatough said of his race goals, “I try to ride smooth and safe and pick good equipment.”

The racing in the women’s class was no less fierce with Light & Motion’s Rebecca Rusch taking a hard fought second place. “I felt really strong, had great gear, great lights—liked the course, but just got outridden,” said Rebecca, “As usual, I got a few comments from spectators saying I was blinding them as I rode by!”

Jackie Petro, Light & Motion’s Marketing Director, couldn’t have been more pleased with the result. “This is a fantastic result for Chris, Nat, Eddie and Rebecca— it’s great to see them all on the podium again. They should all be proud of the effort that they put forth.” Petro added, “I’m also very happy with the performance of our light systems. When you consider the torture that their equipment is put through during 24-hour race—it’s a testimony to the durability of our light systems.”

In 1989, Light & Motion founders experimented with underwater lighting systems in Monterey, California. These dive enthusiasts built a vertically integrated manufacturing company where designers would create world-class sport-specific products. In 1999, they brought their proven experience to cycling. As their innovative product line expands, their mission is the same: To enhance the lives of our customers through our products and personal interactions.

Light & Motion exemplifies ideals of quality and trust. The company supports measures to reduce waste and emissions by recycling and utilizing alternative transportation. They encourage consumers to return spent batteries for safe recycling. The company is recognized by the US Congress, California State Assembly and AMBAG for outstanding and invaluable service to the community. They have also received the WRAP and Green business awards for their conservation efforts.

Light & Motion Lighting Systems are available nationwide through its network of independent retailers. More information about the company can be found on their web site at www.lightandmotion.com.

source: Jackie Petro
    Light & Motion
    www.lightandmotion.com
    Attached Images Attached Images