Administrator Administrator

Ktrak Introduces Bicycle Rear Drive System

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Ktrak Cycle Corp. is thrilled to announce the retail release of its innovative bike kit to the worldwide outdoor sports marketplace. Just in time for the ’07/08 Winter Season, the rear-drive track system creates a world of winter biking opportunities. Fresh and groomed snow showcase the track’s unique design, providing approximately 25 times the traction and flotation of the average mountain bike wheel – and when coupled with Ktrak’s optional front ski attachment, cross-country and downhill prospects are endless.

Ktrak’s first Prototype units were introduced to much fan fair at the largest North American bike show, Interbike, in September 2006. This was followed up by a phenomenal response to the introduction of our first production units at the Eurobike show in Germany in August 2007. Its unique patented design is creating a buzz in the sporting community, as bike enthusiasts envision the cross-season opportunities made possible with Ktrak.

The Ktrak kit is constructed of quality materials and exceptional workmanship with durability and precision in mind. Universal to almost all makes and models of mountain bikes, the kit is currently available for a 26” wheel, and will be made available in 20” and 24” models later in 2008.

The Ktrak system can be purchased directly through our website at www.ktrakcycle.com. Beginning later this month, Ktrak will be available through approved dealers throughout North America and abroad.

For further product information, including technical data, photos and video stream of the Ktrak in action, feel free to contact us at the email above or visit www.ktrakcycle.com.

Media-specific high resolution photos and video are also available upon request at www.ktrakmedia.com

# # #

source: Bicycle Newswire
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    The first thing I thought of when I saw this was the paperboy from better off dead flying down the mountain and saying wheres my two dollars.

mtbr member
    We actually have one of these in the shop for a customer with an old Homegrown Schwinn. We have yet to put it together but it is definitely interesting.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    What is with the FRONT BRAKE?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by CharacterZero
    What is with the FRONT BRAKE?
    I dont know? PhotoChop?

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Yeah, you got that right. Having perused the site, it is all 'shopped, none real.
    For $119 for the fork and $450 for the rear, I wonder how it bolts up. Also shows the kit as having its own rotor and cassette, which is probably wrong too.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Click the FAQ's link and then click, Is it hard to install?... There are videos of the installation process... It looks quite simple...

Unfortunately it won't work on a Lefty fork...

mtbr member

what about wheelies

I tried a snow bike a couple seasons ago(many different types out there) on "typical" Eastern snow conditions, and even with edges on the front AND back it was dicey. Fun, but dicey no less; it made for dramatic wrecks. I'm sure this is a blast at Whistler, but I'm not sure I'd be real psyched at say, Whiteface(also affectionately known as "Iceface") on a wind-blown day. Whatever, I guess it's another novel way to amuse ourselves. I still want to try one, but I guess I'm SOL 'cause I have a Lefty. Lets see some dirt jumpers hucking it and landing backwards. What will they think of next- Will this be the snowlerblades of biking? We'll see...

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Has anyone actually been on one of these? The video looks great, but I'd like to hear some first hand about how it does on more or less level ground.

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    I bet it has no free wheel otherwise the track would have to maintain speed without power. Also thats going to suck if you hit an ice spot... We have a similar bike that got weilded but instead of a track we kept the rear wheel on.

(not that fast)
    hasn't this thing been around for a while? I remember seeing this a while back and being curious. has anyone ridden one?

mtbr member
    umm - they leave it on to make switching back to tires very easy to do
    Comox Valley Mountain Biking
    www.cvmtb.com