another day at the office

Klunkerz--a film about mountain bikes

Hi Everyone,

I had hoped to send out this email last week, but I soon found out it would've been futile.

This year's Mill Valley Film Festival included a feature-length documentary, "Klunkerz," about the birth of mountain biking right here in Marin. UNFORTUNATELY, the tickets were sold out by the time sales went public.

Sunday's and Monday's Sequoia and Throckmorton screenings were greeted by craziness to get in. For awhile there on Sunday, with all kinds of comp-ticket juggling, I didn't think I was going to make it in at all. In fact, the MVFF turned away so many people from the "rush" lines that theyıve now decided to offer a THIRD screening this Saturday night, at the tail end of the MVFF.

So, FORTUNATELY, you MIGHT be able to see Klunkerz at the Rafael Theater on Saturday, Oct. 14 at 9:45pm, but you'll need to act fast.

You can order tickets online at: mvff.com (though I havenıt seen info about this showing there yet) or You can phone in for tickets at: 925-866-9559, between 9am and 5pm. Tickets are $10.

There's a good story on 'Klunkerz' by Rick Polito in the Lifestyles section of Tuesday's Marin IJ. For more info, see the movie trailer at http://www.klunkerz.com

Hope to see you in San Rafael,
    Joe

###

Source:

Joe Breeze
    Attached Images Attached Images

commutin' Canuck
    Apr 2005
    yeah, Charlie Kelly himself dropped by another forum I hang out at to let us know about the movie. Hope it comes up north, I'd love to see it.

cdkrenz
    You gotta check the trailer. It takes a while to load but it's fun.
    CK

(slight return)
    Looks like I found out about this 1:43 hours too late! Bummer, I wanted to see this at the mvff but had a conflict, really hope it somes around again.

-slide