another day at the office

Ergon's Irina Kalentieva Closes Season WAY on Top

Clinches Rainbow and World Cup Titles Using Ergon Grips

Norwash-Shigali, Russia - October 4, 2007 - - Ergon-Topeak racer Irina Kalentieva capped off her best season yet by claiming her first World Champion and World Cup Titles, and winning her seventh Russian National Championship. Now, the 29-year-old is relaxing with family in her hometown in Russia, while mentally preparing for the 2008 Olympics in Beijing.

First She Wins the World Championships
    Irina took the World Championship race in Fort William, Scotland, with aplomb, winning by 39 seconds over European Champion Sabine Spitz. "Everyone was looking at each other, waiting for someone to do something. It got slower and slower. In the end I decided to go for it" commented Kalentieva after her win. The German Spitz stayed with her, but going into the final lap a small gap appeared. "I gave everything on the final climbs and the downhill. I felt great." As a result Kalentieva's lead extended to 39 seconds over Spitz and over third place finisher JingJing by 1:42. "To win the Worlds is a dream come true" said an excited newly crowned World Champion.
    "We saw something special in Irina several years ago," states Franc Arnold, President of Ergon. "She has steadily climbed up the ladder towards the World Championships, and this year succeeded. I think she is actually just coming into the beginning of her best years and expect that she has a lot more races and titles to win. On top of that, she is proving that Ergon products are World Class."

Then She Takes the World Cup Title
    One week after taking the World Title, Kalentieva won the Overall World Cup title in Maribor, Slovenia. A technical course delivered everything World Champion Kalentieva loves to ride, with lots of roots to catch the riders off guard. All the same, Irina was suffering a cold following the damp of Scotland and for the first few laps didn't feel great, however in third lap "I felt a lot better, and I overtook Premont to take second place" Kalentieva explained. "But by the fifth lap I wasn't feeling great, and with my head cold biting back I let up, not wanting to make myself worse." At this point Premount showed that she had been preserving her energy, and moved up to take second, behind Lui Ying.
    The World Champion finished in third making her the World Cup Series Champion in the process. "I wasn't looking for a race win here, and for me today was about the series" Irina said "I am pleased with my third place as it was a great race. Premont was very strong too. I am delighted with winning the series. It has been the best season ever."

All photos are credit Armin M. Küstenbrück

Click Here to Visit Irina's Style-Packed Russian Website (In English)

About Ergon Components
    Ergon Components is the global leader in ergonomic bicycle component development. Garnered with design accolades the world over, Ergon specializes in providing comfortable performance enhancements for every type of cyclist.

Ask for Ergon at your local bicycle dealer, and look for Ergon Components first across the finish line at major races around the globe.

Ergon product is available to dealers from QBP, BTI, Hawley USA, Todson, Action Bicycle, and Seattle Bike Supply.

About CFE PR+

Industry leaders including Shimano, RockShox, Giant, Ergon, adidas eyewear, Red Bull, Nike Cycling, GU, Brave Soldier, Mountain Cycle and more have utilized Steve Boehmke's proven Public Relations, Marketing, Copywriting, Business and Product Development skills to take their businesses to new levels of success.

Contact CFE PR+ at 714.633.9955 to elevate your brand.

Make It A Great Day.

Source:
    Jeff Kerkove
    Ergon Bike
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Some pain is physical and some is mental, but one that's both is dental.

Members who have read this thread: 0