Administrator Administrator

Advanced Mountain Bike Weekend Adventure Seeking Riders

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
    NEWS FROM:
    COG WILD MOUNTAIN BIKE TOURS

Riders are invited to experience the joy of riding the North Umpqua trail in Fall with Cog Wild! Twelve lucky individuals will join Cog Wild and Deschutes Brewery October 19-21, 2007 to ride this relatively unknown mountain biking gem. The Umpqua River Weekend Adventure includes three days of riding, amazing meals, beer by Deschutes Brewery, river-side camping and expert guides.

The North Umpqua River Trail is one of Oregon's hidden gems, and a mountain bikers dream. Tight singletrack screaming through luscious forest overgrowth and over streams, rocks and roots will take the riders breath away. The uphill climbs, slippery wooden bridges and Dread and Terror section add to the exhilaration and technicality of the trail. This tour will be spent surrounded by falling gold leaves, waterfalls and epic singletrack. Each ride ends with ice-cold Deschutes Brew and delicious food prepared by Cog Wildís guides.

Once riders are signed up, they will fill out a reservation form so the tour will be personalized for their riding style, food likes and more! This tour is geared towards intermediate to advanced riders and is a camping tour.

Package Details:
    Includes professional guides, transportation throughout tour, all meals from brunch on Friday to a late lunch on Sunday, camping fees, a Cog Wild t-shirt and Deschutes Brewery beer. Sleeping bags and tents are not provided.
    Designed for intermediate to advanced riders. Tour will be customized based on groupís interest and ability.
    No more than 12 riders per tour.
    $520 per person.

For information and reservations, contact Melanie Fisher at 541-385-7002 or www.cogwild.com

Tour description can be found at the Cog Wild site at: http://www.cogwild.com/bike_tours/mu...a_Trail_Oregon

About Cog Wild
    Cog Wild Bicycle Tours is the only local-owned Central Oregon mountain bike tour company offering fun and rewarding mountain biking experiences for bikers of all levels.
    Cog Wild Bicycle Tours is owned by Melanie Fisher and Lev Stryker, both experienced mountain bikers who have pooled their talents to create fun, once-in-a-lifetime adventures tours. Cog Wild holds the largest mountain bike permit by the Deschutes National Forest and takes their guests on trails most would never find themselves!

source: Melanie Fisher
    Attached Images Attached Images

mnt bike laws of physics

Damn I wish I lived in Oregon!

that looks like sweet riding...

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    agreed it looks great

Sheepherder/Cat Herder Moderator
    Oregon is sweet. I did the 12 hrs of Willamette Pass in OR. The course had some of the sweetest forested singletrack I've been on in a long time. It made me forget I was doing a 12hr race.
    ...building wherever they'll let me...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by yogiprophet
    that looks like sweet riding...
    And I have to say, it is. Especially in the fall when all the colors are changing, the moss is still bright green, the river aqua - yep, it is pretty sweet. Are you joining us? As mentioned, we provide the beer!
    Cog Wild Mountain Bike Tours & Shuttles
    Sponsored by Deschutes Brewery!! Come ride..