Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 52
  1. #1
    Sun Worshiper
    Reputation: oreophilus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    7,368

    tie me "immigrant" down sport...Neo-Nazis in race riots: police

    tie me "immigrant" down sport...
    (a pun on the song Tie Me Kangaroo Down Sport)







    ANGER . . . a woman holds up a Patriotic Youth League poster at North Cronulla beach.


    A policeman under threat.




    A police officer (far right) unloads capsicum spray in a bid to help a man being beaten on Cronulla Beach yesterday.


    Helpless ... a man of Middle Eastern appearance is attacked.


    A man is arrested by police at North Cronulla after a day of racial violence at the beach.


    December 12, 2005 - 9:57AM

    Neo-Nazis are believed to have been among those who took part in the race-fuelled violence at Cronulla in Sydney's south, NSW Deputy Police Commissioner Andrew Scipione says.

    Up to 5,000 people descended on the beach yesterday as mobs yelling racist chants targeted people of Middle Eastern appearance.

    Mr Scipione said police believed neo-Nazi and white supremacist groups were among the crowd.

    "That in fact is something that we're following up," he told the Nine network. "Yes, that's the advice we've received."

    One woman was pictured at Cronulla Beach holding a poster that read "Aussies fighting back." Her photo appeared in a Sydney News Limited newspaper today. She was advertising a group called the Patriotic Youth League.

    The group, founded by former Newcastle student and One Nation activist Stuart McBeth in 2002, described itself as a "radical nationalist" group, News Ltd newspapers reported today.

    It has links to the German-based skinhead group Volksfront, British Nationalist Party and the New Zealand National Front, the paper said.

    The group has campaigned for the deportation of immigrants and for keeping foreign students out of universities.

    'Real' locals shocked

    Diana Kontoprias, who runs a gelato bar near the beach, witnessed most of violence yesterday.

    She told ABC Radio "real locals" were disgusted by the events.

    "They were so embarrassed, so shocked of how the day unfolded," she said.

    "It was a disgrace, I don't think anyone in the local area agrees with what happened yesterday."

    Terrorism, gang rapes behind riots: MP

    Federal Liberal backbencher Bruce Baird, whose Cook electorate takes in many of the suburbs affected, said tensions had been simmering within the primarily Anglo-Saxon community against people of Middle Eastern descent for some time.

    He said many locals were angry, particularly after six women from the area were killed in the 2002 Bali bombings.

    "Where this riot took place is actually the site of where we've got the Bali memorial for these women," Mr Baird told ABC Radio.

    Asked if the riots were revenge for Bali and September 11, Mr Baird said: "I think so."

    "I think there's been increasing emphasis on terrorism and our security," he said.

    "There has been high-profile rape cases in Sydney and of course, the Sutherland Shire itself is very much an Anglo-Celtic enclave and during the week it is pretty much Anglo and on the weekends there are lots of visitors that come from elsewhere."


    20 injured, 16 arrested

    More than 20 people have been injured and 16 arrested as race-fuelled violence spread through Sydney's beachside suburbs overnight.

    But NSW Premier Morris Iemma says police are in control of the situation.

    A series of apparent revenge attacks - including two stabbings - occurred overnight following the unrest at Cronulla, where more than 5000 people gathered yesterday.

    Drunken mobs within the crowd yelled racist chants and chased down and bashed people of Middle Eastern appearance at the beach in an extended show of violence.

    Police and an ambulance crew were also assaulted as racial tensions peaked.

    A total of 25 people, including two ambulance officers, were injured, about 40 cars were vandalised and an Australian flag was burned during the mob scenes.

    Police said 16 people had been arrested across Sydney and charged with 42 offences.

    Mr Iemma today described the behaviour as "stomach turning" and said it would not be tolerated.

    "I saw yesterday people trying to hide behind the Australian flag, well they are cowards whose behaviour will not be tolerated," Mr Iemma told Channel Nine.

    "That was the most disgraceful, disgusting behaviour that I've ever seen."

    Mr Iemma said he planned to bring together community leaders for discussions about how to prevent further violence.

    Police had the resources and the equipment to deal with the violent scenes, he said.

    Police were forced to use capsicum spray and batons in their battle to subdue the Cronulla rioters, who pelted officers with bottles and stomped on patrol cars.

    Later, a 23-year-old man was injured and more than 40 cars smashed with baseball bats in an apparent revenge attack at Maroubra, in Sydney's east.

    A group of about 60 men of Middle Eastern appearance and armed with baseball bats smashed the windows of parked cars about 9pm (AEDT).

    The group then clashed with local group, the Bra Boys, outside the Maroubra Bay Hotel.

    A 23-year-old Maroubra man was taken to Prince of Wales hospital after he was stabbed with a sharp implement, believed to be a stick or nail, in the hip.

    Later, a second 23-year-old man was stabbed in the back by a group of males, described as being of Middle Eastern appearance, at a golf club at Woolooware, in Sydney's south.

    He was taken to hospital in a serious condition.

    Riot police were also called to Brighton-le-Sands, in Sydney's south, overnight to control a group of about 200 brawling youths who had reportedly thrown projectiles at police.

    Twelve people were arrested at Cronulla. They will face Sutherland Local Court at a date to be fixed.


    link:Neo-Nazis in race riots: police
    Last edited by oreophilus; 12-11-2005 at 07:36 PM.
    .

  2. #2
    C88
    C88 is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    3,748
    nice spin, I guess it's convienient to leave out the attacks on lifeguards and females by asian-australian gangs which preceeded these riots.

  3. #3
    Sun Worshiper
    Reputation: oreophilus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    7,368
    Quote Originally Posted by C88
    nice spin, I guess it's convienient to leave out the attacks on lifeguards and females by asian-australian gangs which preceeded these riots.
    It's been brewing for some time now.
    I've heard complaints about Cabramatta for over 15 years.
    There were also attacks on some Lebanese, Aussies pissed off regarding the Bali bombings. (it's kind of difficult to understand how events in Bali and Lebanese are related, I guess you just lump them all together)

    Don't you think Australia attacking Iraq and killing Iraqis makes it sort of hypocritical and more anglo double standards?
    .

  4. #4
    Trail rider and racer
    Reputation: Trevor!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    4,693
    Quote Originally Posted by C88
    nice spin, I guess it's convienient to leave out the attacks on lifeguards and females by asian-australian gangs which preceeded these riots.
    Thats right. Something like 20 lebanese people attacking some life guards. But nevertheless this fact does not in any way excuse the conduct that occurred over the weekend.

    It doesn't matter if you were out to support the lifeguards or to support the attackers - every single person out there was propagating racism and hatred.

    Very un-Australian IMHO.
    Trev!

  5. #5
    KITB
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Trevor!
    Very un-Australian IMHO.
    Yep, leaves a bad taste in one's mouth in regards to Australia. I hope your government deals with these people - the alleged criminals that instigated these race riots and the rioters swiftly and painfully.

  6. #6
    C88
    C88 is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    3,748
    Quote Originally Posted by Trevor!
    Thats right. Something like 20 lebanese people attacking some life guards. But nevertheless this fact does not in any way excuse the conduct that occurred over the weekend.

    It doesn't matter if you were out to support the lifeguards or to support the attackers - every single person out there was propagating racism and hatred.

    Very un-Australian IMHO.
    I agree, the conduct is not excuseable. However, let's call it like it is and acknowledge the racism on display by both sides.

    The discussion about solving racial tensions will not evolve if there is not honest dialog. I felt the original thread made it appear as if, out of thin air, whites began attacking asian immigrants on a whim. Without recognizing the hateful behaviour on boths ends, and maybe trying to identify the root causes, all we end up with is fingerpointing, name calling, and nothing solved.

  7. #7
    C88
    C88 is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    3,748
    Quote Originally Posted by oreophilus
    Don't you think Australia attacking Iraq and killing Iraqis makes it sort of hypocritical and more anglo double standards?
    Yes it's hypocritical, though let's try to keep in mind it's the Aussie gov't who are responsible for any killings in Iraq.

    Care to elaborate what an "anglo double standard" is?

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Managuense's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    2,067
    Why is there more outrage over a little riot than over the Bali bombings? It really sounds to me like the Aussies are starting to get p.issed off. Can't really blame them.
    KITB-"I got no beef with the terrorists"
    KITB-"It's always the college-degree-lacking bolt sorters that say such things"

  9. #9
    Sun Worshiper
    Reputation: oreophilus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    7,368
    Quote Originally Posted by Managuense
    Why is there more outrage over a little riot than over the Bali bombings? It really sounds to me like the Aussies are starting to get p.issed off. Can't really blame them.
    Said like a true white supremacist/ racist.
    .

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Managuense's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    2,067
    Quote Originally Posted by oreophilus
    Said like a true white supremacist/ racist.
    Said like a true Jihaadist.
    KITB-"I got no beef with the terrorists"
    KITB-"It's always the college-degree-lacking bolt sorters that say such things"

  11. #11
    C88
    C88 is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    3,748
    Quote Originally Posted by oreophilus
    Said like a true white supremacist/ racist.
    so what's the "anglo double standard" then?

    i guess you're like most reds, nothing to say, more interested in stirring **** up than creating solutions.

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation: macchiato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    389
    I was scheduled for some R&R down under when prior to my arrival some of my fellow squids were stabed to death in a club. It wasn't much of a fight they just cleaved some kids heart in two. I believe the other guy bleed out. We've never heard about any arrest or convictions.
    We were not aware at the time but apparently these pacific islander gangs are terrotorial.

    Aside from that the Aussie' s are great and I've had good times there.
    Last edited by macchiato; 12-12-2005 at 12:07 PM.
    http://www.lifeinitaly.com/flash/

    "We have to put partisan politics aside and come together as a Nation."

  13. #13
    banned
    Reputation: Satan on a stick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    5,724
    Funny how people can justify this behaviour when they can identify with the perpetrators based on nothing more then skin color. I like the justification that C88 uses "white women were attacked" sound vaguely familar to current and historical phrases. You would think that someone could come up with a better mouse trap by now, but hey if it still works.

    This whole incident is amazing as it is a cross section of old fashion mob gang violence mixed with new phone text communications. The mob was assembled with cell phone texting, amazing.

    the revolution will start with a text message.

  14. #14
    mtbr member
    Reputation: macchiato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    389
    I was in school at Keesler AFB in Biloxi Mississippi when there was a white preide rally on the beach in front of the base.
    Apparently kkk members and skinheads split hairs somewhere. They ended up starting a riot, fighting each other.
    http://www.lifeinitaly.com/flash/

    "We have to put partisan politics aside and come together as a Nation."

  15. #15
    banned
    Reputation: Satan on a stick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    5,724
    Quote Originally Posted by macchiato
    I was in school at Keesler AFB in Biloxi Mississippi when there was a white preide rally on the beach in front of the base.
    Apparently kkk members and skinheads split hairs somewhere. They ended up starting a riot, fighting each other.
    like most riots, the majority of the people are just looking for a fight and they find courage in groups.

  16. #16
    C88
    C88 is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    3,748
    Quote Originally Posted by Satan on a stick
    I like the justification that C88 uses "white women were attacked" sound vaguely familar to current and historical phrases. You would think that someone could come up with a better mouse trap by now, but hey if it still works..
    You know, I don't really like to talk like this, but you're a really dumb ****er. Why don't you go re-read my post and see where I say ANYTHING about "white-women". I mean seriously, will no one defend me on that point here?

    You have an agenda the size of Texas. I guess you can either apologize because you can't read, or go post on the Ellsworth board which should be more on (moron!) your level of communication.

    Again, people like you and oreophilus, who only complain, slander, lie, and divide, and cannot rationally contribute can not be part of the solution. Guess that makes fellas like you part of the problem, eh?

  17. #17
    Sun Worshiper
    Reputation: oreophilus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    7,368
    Quote Originally Posted by C88

    Again, people like you and oreophilus, who only complain, slander, lie, and divide, and cannot rationally contribute can not be part of the solution. Guess that makes fellas like you part of the problem, eh?
    The pictures were not Photoshopped, the captions was not altered, the article was complete and unaltered, so where is the slander, the lie, the divide?

    If a gang attacked a lifeguard, find the gang and prosecute under the law, don't start beating up anybody who looks like a foreigner. That innocent foreigner who was wrongly beaten up is probably contributing to the Australian economy far more than the average Australian, or is maybe just a tourist expecting Australian hospitality.

    tie me "immigrant" down sport was exactly what was happening
    Last edited by oreophilus; 12-12-2005 at 02:22 PM.
    .

  18. #18
    C88
    C88 is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    3,748
    Quote Originally Posted by oreophilus
    where is the slander, the lie, the divide?
    Quote Originally Posted by oreophilus
    Don't you think Australia attacking Iraq and killing Iraqis makes it sort of hypocritical and more anglo double standards?
    complain.


    Quote Originally Posted by oreophilus
    Said like a true white supremacist/ racist.
    slander.


    Quote Originally Posted by oreophilus
    That innocent foreigner who was wrongly beaten up is probably contributing to the Australian economy far more than the average Australian.
    divide.(who's the one creating an us v. them scenario?)


    as far as lying? well maybe I was talking 'bout SOS misquoting (purposely?) me. however, it's certainly dishonest to present the information in the way you have.

    what's your beef with "anglos" or "average Australians", anyway? who's the hater here?

  19. #19
    conjoinicorned
    Reputation: ferday's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,530
    all i can see in c88's post is a call to condemn BOTH sides of the riot. sounds correct to me.


    oreo, answer the question byatch. what is an anglo-double standard? sounds like a racist remark to me...especially since you won't defend it after being called out.

    and how is it that a couple neo nazi azzholes and a couple "asian austrailian" gang members represent the whole country all of a sudden?
    what would rainbow unicorn do?

  20. #20
    C88
    C88 is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    3,748
    Quote Originally Posted by ferday
    all i can see in c88's post is a call to condemn BOTH sides of the riot. sounds correct to me.


    oreo, answer the question byatch. what is an anglo-double standard? sounds like a racist remark to me...especially since you won't defend it after being called out.

    and how is it that a couple neo nazi azzholes and a couple "asian austrailian" gang members represent the whole country all of a sudden?
    don't bother with this dope (oreophilus). all he cares about is perpetuating the endless 'class war' existing in his mind only.

  21. #21
    Sun Worshiper
    Reputation: oreophilus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    7,368
    Quote Originally Posted by C88
    slander.
    It's not surprising that you defend this sort of statement:

    "Why is there more outrage over a little riot than over the Bali bombings? It really sounds to me like the Aussies are starting to get p.issed off. Can't really blame them."

    Calling a spade a spade regarding the above statement: a true white supremacist/ racist statement is not slander. Slander is when it is false.
    Last edited by oreophilus; 12-12-2005 at 04:09 PM.
    .

  22. #22
    Trail rider and racer
    Reputation: Trevor!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    4,693
    Quote Originally Posted by oreophilus
    The pictures were not Photoshopped, the captions was not altered, the article was complete and unaltered, so where is the slander, the lie, the divide?

    If a gang attacked a lifeguard, find the gang and prosecute under the law, don't start beating up anybody who looks like a foreigner. That innocent foreigner who was wrongly beaten up is probably contributing to the Australian economy far more than the average Australian, or is maybe just a tourist expecting Australian hospitality.

    tie me "immigrant" down sport was exactly what was happening
    The gang comprised 3 people I now read. All of this for that. hmmm.
    Trev!

  23. #23
    mtbr member
    Reputation: macchiato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    389
    Quote Originally Posted by Trevor!
    The gang comprised 3 people I now read. All of this for that. hmmm.
    "Oreo, That innocent foreigner who was wrongly beaten up is probably contributing to the Australian economy far more than the average Australian".

    Why would you say, "is probably contributing to the Australian economy far more than the average Australian?"
    http://www.lifeinitaly.com/flash/

    "We have to put partisan politics aside and come together as a Nation."

  24. #24
    C88
    C88 is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    3,748
    Quote Originally Posted by oreophilus
    It's not surprising that you defend this sort of statement:

    "Why is there more outrage over a little riot than over the Bali bombings? It really sounds to me like the Aussies are starting to get p.issed off. Can't really blame them."

    Calling a spade a spade regarding the above statement: a true white supremacist/ racist statement is not slander. Slander is when it is false.
    Where did I defend this statement? Show me the exact words I used. Like most commies, you can't read, you just like the Che pics and fashion. Case in point, you haven't even responded to ONE thing I've said to you, meanwhile you're so concerned with "fighting racism" while bashing "anglos". Are you white or anglo? If not, then who are YOU then to judge people from other races? If so, what's with the self-hate? You got something you wanna get off your chest?

    I will defend that guy Managuense in that he hardly appears to be a white supremacist/racist, certainly not anymore than you with your "anglo" talk you can't defend.

    You post this story with this agenda: Nazis are running amok and unless you back my commie ideology they're going to come after you. You need to buy my commie books and vote for my commie friends, then we can ban Nazis and end hate. If you disagree with us then you must be a Nazi, too, and your days are numbered.

    Meanwhile more hate is spewing out of your sewer than 90% of the right wingers on this board. So maybe ending hate is really about getting guys like you to shut up.

    Now go run along and cut and paste another story you can't actually back up or formulate original ideas about. Loser.

    Keep tossing me softballs like this, I can hit them out of the park all night...

  25. #25
    C88
    C88 is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    3,748
    Quote Originally Posted by macchiato
    Why would you say, "is probably contributing to the Australian economy far more than the average Australian?"
    Since he won't answer I'll answer for him.

    Because commies like him hate the average joe, even though they pretend to be speaking on their behalf. Really all they care about is disrupting the "system", real or imagined, which they can't fit in with. Sounds crazy? Why he sure can't seem to be able to back up these outlandish statements he makes.

    I'll be honest, you can see these parallels in our last election. The reason GW (who IMO ties with Bill Clinton as the worst President ever) won wasn't because people loved or even liked him but because John Kerry and his handlers are 1000% out of touch with needs of the average joe. And trust me, the democrats ain't gonna win **** until they stop hating on the normal everyday people who make up this country.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •