Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Earl Scheib
    It is the libertarian interpretation of the bible. Jesus was a libertarian. Most people don't know that.
    Whether He's a libertarian, I don't know. But I certainly didn't read about Him wanting the gov to take money from some people and give it to other people. He wanted people to give because they wanted to, not because they were forced. I don't recall him forcing people to do anything.

Trying to find Flow
    Quote Originally Posted by SNPete
    1982 under Reagan.
    Reagan went to church far less than Clinton did. You're right about the time frame, however. But I wouldn't broadly categorize them as "Republicans". The Christian Right emerged as a reaction to the secular excess of the 60s social revolution and the rise of anti-establishment liberalism. The Christian Coalition were not just religious zealots, but advocated a return to traditional values. Supporting a Republican President who personified patriotism was a natural fit.

banned
    Apr 2004

Tax religion

Quote Originally Posted by Wasatch Walt
    when did Jesus become a capital gains tax cut?

when did Jesus become a pro war nation?

when did Jesus become ..... greed, aggression, hatred ...

when did Jesus become this object of the religious right that has all these beliefs and notions that don't seem to match what Jesus said, at all??

I am very interested in this question.
    like the business that it is.

mtbr member
    when did Jesus become a capital gains tax cut?

when did Jesus become a pro war nation?

when did Jesus become ..... greed, aggression, hatred ...

when did Jesus become this object of the religious right that has all these beliefs and notions that don't seem to match what Jesus said, at all??

I am very interested in this question.
    What does Jesus (whatever belief system you choose) have to do with any of the trollbait you posted?

mtbr member
    yeah ... I am talking about ... when I was a kid ... the Christian ethic was devotion towards the poor, it was for peace ... that to work for peace was emulating Christ ...
    Really? I seem to recall you posting several times messages to the effect, "Kill a Republican today." Even in jest, it makes you no better than those you hypocritically choose to look down your nose at. I'm not Christian, but I'd never same something like "Kill a Democrat today?". Is that the "peace" of YOUR Christianity?

What a sad sack you are.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2