outdoor miner

Paul Craig Roberts

Is this guy a nut?

I noticed his name a few places, but coverage does not extend to the mainstream media.

So he is either discredited, blacklisted, or just plain loopy.
    [SIZE=-1]Experience is like a comb that life gives you when you are bald[/SIZE]

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by leximog
    Is this guy a nut?
    He's a Reaganite supply-side economist...so, same thing, really.

I noticed his name a few places, but coverage does not extend to the mainstream media.

So he is either discredited, blacklisted, or just plain loopy.
    Not super-familiar with his stuff; I think the main thing is that the big media outlets here won't touch any "9/11 conspiracy" theories with a 10-foot pole. I take it that's what spurred your initial question?

ECB

outdoor miner
    Quote Originally Posted by >>ECB<<
    He's a Reaganite supply-side economist...so, same thing, really.

Not super-familiar with his stuff; I think the main thing is that the big media outlets here won't touch any "9/11 conspiracy" theories with a 10-foot pole. I take it that's what spurred your initial question?

ECB
    I suppose I am looking to pigeonhole him.

Someone who was a part of the machine, but they talk about "the conspiracy" as well.

That is kind of rare isn't it?

banned

Someone who was a part of the machine, but they talk about "the conspiracy" as well.

Yeah, only comparable person I know of offhand is Ramsey Clark.

I know of only one person who has cited Roberts favorably on this board--and that's Oreo.

I personally don't put much stock in the conspiracy theories, since I've always thought the collapse-by-fire theory plausible. Also, I get a little suspicious when an economist starts spouting off on structural engineering matters.

Besides, it strikes me as implausible that an administration known for its incompetence could pull an "inside job" together in such a seamless manner.

ECB

whoa!
    Mar 2007

It is becoming less rare, , , John Dean who was White House Counsel to Rchard Nixon from July 1970 until
    April 1973 has written a number of books very highly critical of the 'new conservatives' :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Dean

outdoor miner

I know of only one person who has cited Roberts favorably on this board--and that's Oreo.

Roberts and Clark, I'll call them the anti-Neocon, or Neocom. So rare they don't yet have a label

I personally don't put much stock in the conspiracy theories, since I've always thought the collapse-by-fire theory plausible. Also, I get a little suspicious when an economist starts spouting off on structural engineering matters.

Besides, it strikes me as implausible that an administration known for its incompetence could pull an "inside job" together in such a seamless manner.

ECB
    Agreed here,
    Especially that last point you make.

If there was any conspiracy it was of the deliberate "look the other way" type.

W sitting in a school room, gets the news, taps his feet...

occasionally good

ECB

I've cited him favorably a number of times - I think PCR gets it. He certainly has better access than a lot of folks and has divorced himself from the role of "shill."

The administration is exceptionally competent where it counts to them - manipulating the electorate and the government to ensure enhanced American corporate and military power. This administraion may seem like a laughing stock, but the people pulling the strings are very, very adept at what they're doing.

I don't ascribe to the 9/11 conspiracy theories, either, but a lot of the other stuff PCR has to say has a definite ring of truth.
    Don't ask me a question unless you really want to hear what I think.

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Shin Music
    It is becoming less rare, , , John Dean who was White House Counsel to Rchard Nixon from July 1970 until
    April 1973 has written a number of books very highly critical of the 'new conservatives' :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Dean
    Ooh, good call. I'd forgotten him; I guess my mind is not a tape recorder, after all.

ECB

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountaingirl1961
    I've cited him favorably a number of times - I think PCR gets it. He certainly has better access than a lot of folks and has divorced himself from the role of "shill."

The administration is exceptionally competent where it counts to them - manipulating the electorate and the government to ensure enhanced American corporate and military power. This administraion may seem like a laughing stock, but the people pulling the strings are very, very adept at what they're doing.

I don't ascribe to the 9/11 conspiracy theories, either, but a lot of the other stuff PCR has to say has a definite ring of truth.
    No doubt, Rove et al. take a back seat to nobody on the politics of strong-arming and intimidation. After all, I was in Texas when they literally ran Austin's Democrats out the state. Once they get power, though, they certainly don't seem to manage it very well (losing the opportunity for peace in Afghanistan and Iraq, bungling Katrina response, etc. ad nausaeum).

As for the "other stuff"...examples? Links?

TIA,

ECB

whoa!
    Mar 2007
    The prewired, 'inside job' 9-11 conspiracy theories are impossible for me to believe as well.

It is like those theories actually seem to camouflage what may be some real curiosities, , , like the 57 (or so) warnings from the FAA,
    the muzzling of the Minnesota FBI agent, the NORAD response, the PDB, etc. . .

You have to admit it would be diabolically clever to cover up preknowledge or an actual conspiracy with incompetence. . .