ride your bike

OT: Paging Free Agent and other OR riders...

I'm going to Seaside in May! Sweet! Any good trails out there? SS or geared? Rigid or full suss? I'm stoked.
    Taking it easy for all you sinners.

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by jubilee
    I'm going to Seaside in May! Sweet! Any good trails out there? SS or geared? Rigid or full suss? I'm stoked.

seaside Oregon..?

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Ohh, I see oregon in title...Me so smart...

Anyway, the only trail I know of in that area is the historic Hiking trail, I think
    it was called, about half way between portland and Seaside...It
    was a good trail, but not great......lot's of ATV and such in the
    area...Not on the trail but in the area....I'd go fendered geared....

ask teh oregon board, I bet there are others..I just always went
    east to the dry side or mtn hood/helens area...

http://www.efn.org/~cat/ocycling/tou.../tillamook.htm

Metalheadbikerider

Hmmm???

How far are you willing to drive? The historic hiking trail, as mentioned above, is a trail I really dig. I actually did it the morning of my wedding. It's only about an 8 mile loop with some technical climbs and descents, but can also be connected to some other great trails. I have ridden it on both FS and HT-I'm back full time on the HT now though.
    There's a snaky section that I Iove through some older growth big trees. It's also called Brown's Camp in the trail description area of this website. Other than that, I have no idea of other trails in that area ( I never ride on that side of the coastal range). Maybe we can ride together, depending on the race schedule. I recommend it. You will see and hear the throttle twisters at times, but they are on different trails for 95% of the ride. I have never had a problem sharing the space.
    Support mtb'ing in the Portland area, join NWTA with your dollars, hands, and/or voice. nw-trail.org

ride your bike
    Quote Originally Posted by free-agent
    How far are you willing to drive? The historic hiking trail, as mentioned above, is a trail I really dig. I actually did it the morning of my wedding. It's only about an 8 mile loop with some technical climbs and descents, but can also be connected to some other great trails. I have ridden it on both FS and HT-I'm back full time on the HT now though.
    There's a snaky section that I Iove through some older growth big trees. It's also called Brown's Camp in the trail description area of this website. Other than that, I have no idea of other trails in that area ( I never ride on that side of the coastal range). Maybe we can ride together, depending on the race schedule. I recommend it. You will see and hear the throttle twisters at times, but they are on different trails for 95% of the ride. I have never had a problem sharing the space.
    How far (distance and time) are we talking from seaside? I am kind of obligated to spend time with the peeps we're going there with, but if I'm not gone too long it shouldn't be TOO frowned upon by concerned parties...

Otherwise I'll just be SS'ing in town....or maybe I'll bring the urban/DJ bike....
    Taking it easy for all you sinners.

Metalheadbikerider

An hour, give or take....

a few minutes. The trail doesn't take that long to ride though. It's a fun one so if you can swing it, get a guide, and go for it.
    Support mtb'ing in the Portland area, join NWTA with your dollars, hands, and/or voice. nw-trail.org