ride your bike

OT: attn free-agent and gonzo

Hey you guys....I can't find any of the posts we made the other day regarding an Aug ride/trip.

FA do you own a big bike?

Have you guys had any further discussion?
    Taking it easy for all you sinners.

Metalheadbikerider

I own a

Quote Originally Posted by jubilee
    Hey you guys....I can't find any of the posts we made the other day regarding an Aug ride/trip.

FA do you own a big bike?

Have you guys had any further discussion?
    19" Kona scandium hardtail. It's pretty big...
    I do not own a double boinger anymore though.
    No further discussion. I threw out Bellingham, or somewhere near Seattle. I've never ridden in either area. What are you thinking? Gravity assisted lifts somewhere?
    Support mtb'ing in the Portland area, join NWTA with your dollars, hands, and/or voice. nw-trail.org

banned
    nothin' further yet, this thread is a good idea.

I know Jube wants to rock the Highline. Maybe some shops in the area would rent F-A a big rig, or maybe F-A wants to rock the HT.

Is the Highline built, Jube?

Metalheadbikerider

I can rawk the HT.

Quote Originally Posted by gonzostrike
    nothin' further yet, this thread is a good idea.

I know Jube wants to rock the Highline. Maybe some shops in the area would rent F-A a big rig, or maybe F-A wants to rock the HT.

Is the Highline built, Jube?
    If things get too hairy, I am also a pro hiker....
    If the trail(s) are not pro DH courses, I should be ok.
    I just want to have a beer around a campfire.
    Support mtb'ing in the Portland area, join NWTA with your dollars, hands, and/or voice. nw-trail.org

Art is Resistance
    You guys come up here to bellingham, and i will throw rocks and racial clurs at you. Or maybe i'll just ride and drink with you.

Metalheadbikerider

I'd prefer the second....

Quote Originally Posted by djcrb9
    You guys come up here to bellingham, and i will throw rocks and racial clurs at you. Or maybe i'll just ride and drink with you.
    are you located nearby Bellingham? I really want to get up there soon. Tell me a little about the city, and the riding, if ya don't mind.

Art is Resistance
    Quote Originally Posted by free-agent
    are you located nearby Bellingham? I really want to get up there soon. Tell me a little about the city, and the riding, if ya don't mind.

I'm in Bellingham. Shoot me a PM about anything you wanna know.

The city's smallish, 70,000 people. Lots of cool little bars, but nothing major.

The riding is... abundant. Galbraith has whatever you want. I'm a wuss, and i like cross country riding, so i generally go up there on a singlespeed. I see people on freeride and all mountain bikes all day, though. There's plenty of skinnies and drops and things like that. Lots of tight trails, good climbing and descending.

If you want to come up some time, let me know. It's a cool place, and i live about a mile from the trailhead.

~~~~~~~~
    hey, I'd like to hook up with you guys too.
    I'll be in Vancouver 8-10 thru 15.

Art is Resistance
    Quote Originally Posted by airwreck
    hey, I'd like to hook up with you guys too.
    I'll be in Vancouver 8-10 thru 15.

Vancouver's about an hour from my house, so you'll be close. If you guys work something out, i'd like to tag along.

ride your bike
    Howzabout B-ham AND Whistler?

Any takers? I can bring a trail bike and DH bike.

F-A, the rentals are good at whistler and there's plenty of fun stuff to ride. I'm very interested in B-ham too.

I'm all for doing this on the cheap....camp grounds, car camping, whatever. As long as I can keep my bikes secure.

The more the merrier, folks.

Should have the HL done this week....

Again....I have the afternoon of Aug 4 thru Mon the 7th off. Yee haw.
    Last edited by jubilee; 07-02-2006 at 12:05 PM.

Art is Resistance
    I could consider that... but it all needs to mesh with my travel schedule. August is kinda hairy for me, but no biggie.

ride your bike
    I could consider that... but it all needs to mesh with my travel schedule. August is kinda hairy for me, but no biggie.

What, like you got someplace better to go?

Art is Resistance
    What, like you got someplace better to go?

If i want to continue living comfortably here... yeah.

And that place? Where to boss says i should go.

ride your bike
    If i want to continue living comfortably here... yeah.

And that place? Where to boss says i should go.
    Ha! Just kidding man. I hear you.

Why do you think I'm processing ROTC physicals here on fecking Sunday of July 4 weekend?

Art is Resistance
    Ha! Just kidding man. I hear you.

Why do you think I'm processing ROTC physicals here on fecking Sunday of July 4 weekend?

is that worse, or is scraping a house? i can't decide... i am outside, but i am most definitely not riding a bike. of course, right now i'm eating.

Metalheadbikerider

I'd like to go to Bham....

but I'm not sure I can do both places. If we go to Bham I'd like to stay and ride a few places to get to the area a little better, ya dig? Gonzo-what do you think?

Mini-mtbr gathering? It's about freakin time I met some people from this site. I've been on here for about 7 or 8 years and I have never done a gathering of any type.

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by free-agent
    but I'm not sure I can do both places. If we go to Bham I'd like to stay and ride a few places to get to the area a little better, ya dig? Gonzo-what do you think?

Mini-mtbr gathering? It's about freakin time I met some people from this site. I've been on here for about 7 or 8 years and I have never done a gathering of any type.
    I plan to start working again in September, so I'm open to any collection of options. This will be my only summer riding road trip, so I'll make the most of it.

I've heard that there's good stuff in Bellingham, and I know there is good stuff in Squamish, Whistler, Pemberton. I'd like to ride Whistler for at least 2 days. Pemberton & Squamish I'd like to hit but can miss Squamish if need be, I've ridden there. There's also the Shore, Mt Seymour is lots of fun.

For me it's pretty much like ordering pizza, I'll take almost anything and find a way to enjoy it... provided it's technical riding... it can be XC, FR or DH -- doesn't much matter to me, but I'd like to have an idea before getting my schitt together for the trip.

ride your bike
    Quote Originally Posted by gonzostrike
    I plan to start working again in September, so I'm open to any collection of options. This will be my only summer riding road trip, so I'll make the most of it.

I've heard that there's good stuff in Bellingham, and I know there is good stuff in Squamish, Whistler, Pemberton. I'd like to ride Whistler for at least 2 days. Pemberton & Squamish I'd like to hit but can miss Squamish if need be, I've ridden there. There's also the Shore, Mt Seymour is lots of fun.

For me it's pretty much like ordering pizza, I'll take almost anything and find a way to enjoy it... provided it's technical riding... it can be XC, FR or DH -- doesn't much matter to me, but I'd like to have an idea before getting my schitt together for the trip.
    I'm open too, really. Just out for a good time.

So it seems we have plenty of indians and no chiefs.....

I too would like to hit whistler at least a day that weekend.

We'll figure it out.

Metalheadbikerider

I wear lycra.....

I'm open too, really. Just out for a good time.

So it seems we have plenty of indians and no chiefs.....

I too would like to hit whistler at least a day that weekend.

We'll figure it out.
    and ride XC. From what I have heard there are plenty of XC at Whistler as well. I'd liek to see the area as well, herd great things.