Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    callipygian rondure

Insurgent vs. Patriot. What's the difference?

What are the great differences between an Insurgent and a Patriot?
    (Except that one has been used to name a freedom stealing act)

Which one does this definition apply to?:

"armed rebellion against a constituted authority, by any irregular armed force that rises up against an enforced or established authority, government, or administration in the hope of improving their condition."
    "A fine beer may be judged with only one sip, but it's better to be thoroughly sure."

banned
    The Insurgents are not Iraqis

What's going on is the unlawful use or threatened use of force or violence by a person or an organized group against people or property with the intention of intimidating or coercing societies or governments, often for ideological or political reasons.

In plain english terrorism
    Last edited by JoE CooL; 06-26-2005 at 10:48 PM.

KITB
    Quote Originally Posted by JoE CooL
    Wrong.

callipygian rondure
    What's going on is the unlawful use or threatened use of force or violence by a person or an organized group against people or property with the intention of intimidating or coercing societies or governments, often for ideological or political reasons.
    In plain english.... patriots
    "A fine beer may be judged with only one sip, but it's better to be thoroughly sure."

KITB

From Fox News, ass-tiger. http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,160712,00.html

[Rumsfeld] insisted the talks [with the insurgents] did not involve negotiations with al-Zarqawi and other terrorists, but were rather facilitating efforts by the Shiite-led government to reach out to minority Sunni Arabs, who are believed to be the driving force behind the insurgency.

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by KITB
    Wrong.
    Hmmmmm...the leader of the Iraqi insurgency is Abu Musab al-Zarqawi right? and he is one of them al-Qaeda bad guys or a rival terrorist group of al-Qaeda right? Zarqawi's network is considered the main source of kidnappings, bomb attacks and assassination attempts in Iraq.

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Oaken
    In plain english.... patriots
    hey i have a dictionary too...

pa-tri-ot
    One who loves, supports, and defends one's country
    Last edited by JoE CooL; 06-26-2005 at 11:08 PM.

KITB
    hey i have a dictionary too...

pa?tri?ot
    One who loves, supports, and defends one's country
    Umm, yeah? Your butt buddy Rumsfeld is saying that the insurgency is being primarily fueled by IRAQI SUNNIS.

mtbr member
    From Fox News, ass-tiger. http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,160712,00.html

[Rumsfeld] insisted the talks [with the insurgents] did not involve negotiations with al-Zarqawi and other terrorists, but were rather facilitating efforts by the Shiite-led government to reach out to minority Sunni Arabs, who are believed to be the driving force behind the insurgency.

Wouldn't Al Jazera be a more reliable source?
    KITB-"I got no beef with the terrorists"
    KITB-"It's always the college-degree-lacking bolt sorters that say such things"

KITB
    Quote Originally Posted by Managuense
    Wouldn't Al Jazera be a more reliable source?

You know what's more funny: when you conservatives post fuggin stupid posts and then don't respond when someone calls you on it. Kinda like earlier today when you painfully demostrated your lack of knowledge of basic American law. Fifth graders know more about it than you do.

So, here, Joe Kewl says none of the terrorists are Iraqi, yet EARLIER TODAY RUMSFELD HIMSELF SAYS THAT THE INSURGENCY IS PRIMARILY IRAQIS.

Jesus.

banned
    EARLIER TODAY RUMSFELD HIMSELF SAYS THAT THE INSURGENCY IS PRIMARILY IRAQIS..
    link to source please...

KITB
    link to source please...
    Man, you are simple. The link is above (and has been above), brain surgeon.

outdoor miner

wrong

Hmmmmm...the leader of the Iraqi insurgency is Abu Musab al-Zarqawi right? and he is one of them al-Qaeda bad guys or a rival terrorist group of al-Qaeda right? Zarqawi's network is considered the main source of kidnappings, bomb attacks and assassination attempts in Iraq.
    Do your homework.

He's a minor player.

KITB
    Hmmmmm...the leader of the Iraqi insurgency is Abu Musab al-Zarqawi right?
    Not according to Rumsfeld this morning. He said the insurgency is being run by Iraqi Sunnis.

KITB
    Quote Originally Posted by jtucker381
    This is an interesting argument. I've always said the Iraqis shooting at Americans are patriots, loyal to their country. I also say that Americans that shoot at Mexican invaders are patriots, because they are just defending their own country.

The funny thing is liberals will call Iraqis defending their country patriots, yet Americans that defend their country are racists. So maybe the Iraqis aren't patriots, maybe their just a bunch of racists.
    Mexicans are not "attacking" our country. They are merely coming here in search of a better life. It is what people have done since the time man wandered after herds of animals.

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    This is an interesting argument. I've always said the Iraqis shooting at Americans are patriots, loyal to their country. I also say that Americans that shoot at Mexican invaders are patriots, because they are just defending their own country.

The funny thing is liberals will call Iraqis defending their country patriots, yet Americans that defend their country are racists. So maybe the Iraqis aren't patriots, maybe their just a bunch of racists.
    Population is inversely related to freedom.
    Do your part and contact your politicians:

www.numbersusa.com/faxcenter
    www.cap-s.org
    Immigration to America is like prescription drugs. Too little does nothing, too much is a poison.

It rains here. :(
    They are merely coming here in search of a better life.

Well aren't you taking the simple way of viewing this. Illegals take tax money away from hard working Americans, and don't even get me started on my car insurance premiums thanks to them. It's stealing plain and simple! Last time I checked I was allowed to protect my family and property from someone invading my home. Obviously the government doesn't feel my tax money is worth protecting, yet they enjoy getting tax dollars from me every year.

It is what people have done since the time man wandered after herds of animals
    I could mention the Native Americans here, but we know how that turned out.

banned
    link to source please...
    owned

Who are the brain police?
    There's no difference, only depends on what side you're on.
    The Who - Glittering Girl
    Ween - The Grobe
    Yellowman - Strong Me Strong
    all your base are belong to us

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Mexicans are not "attacking" our country. They are merely coming here in search of a better life. It is what people have done since the time man wandered after herds of animals.
    They aren't attacking with guns (at least not all of them). But they are attacking the country finnacially and politically. Illegals cost the US a net $60+ billion a year in government expenses. They also cause massive amounts of wage depreciation. They also cause increased crime, welfare and poverty. Don't forget the burdening of our medical system that is making many hospitals close in CA. And the burdening of the education system.

A person breaking into my home or car is just looking to better their life, but that doesn't make it any less a crime against me. A person breaking into my country, ruining the lives of many Americans (that pay taxes and obey laws) is a criminbal invader and should be dealt with accordingly.

The fact that so many liberals view Iraqi defenders of their nation as patriots, yet American defenders are racists or idiots says a lot about those liberals.

www.cap-s.org
    Immigration to America is like prescription drugs. Too little does nothing, too much is a poison.

callipygian rondure
    The fact that so many liberals view Iraqi defenders of their nation as patriots, yet American defenders are racists or idiots says a lot about those liberals.
    'Splain yourself Lucy. We're talking facts.
    Please provide the many examples of "liberals", who have stated that they "view Iraqi defenders...as patriots" and have called "American defenders (Minuteman Project?) racists or idiots".

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    'Splain yourself Lucy. We're talking facts.
    Please provide the many examples of "liberals", who have stated that they "view Iraqi defenders...as patriots" and have called "American defenders (Minuteman Project?) racists or idiots".

I don't feel up to cutting and pasting a ton right now, but read through any discussion about illegal immigration and you'll see "liberals" screaming racist over and over. Read through where they talk about Iraqis defending their country as patriots. Later I'll pist examples if you really can't seem to find it on your own.

www.cap-s.org

callipygian rondure
    I don't feel up to cutting and pasting a ton right now, but read through any discussion about illegal immigration and you'll see "liberals" screaming racist over and over. Read through where they talk about Iraqis defending their country as patriots. Later I'll pist examples if you really can't seem to find it on your own.
    In other words, you were talking out of yer a$$ and can't provide any facts - certainly not many.....

occasionally good
    What are the great differences between an Insurgent and a Patriot?
    (Except that one has been used to name a freedom stealing act)
    The Brits would have called the Minutemen insurgents. We call them patriots.

It all depends on a) what side you're on, b) who wins, and c) who writes the history.
    Don't ask me a question unless you really want to hear what I think.

the cool nerd

By this definition, the US could easily be accused of being insurgents in Iraq. We went against the wishes of the UN and the rest of the world (with the exception of a few allies), we threatened Iraq/Hussein for 10ish years in an effort to intimidate and coerce his government. When we determined that we were not going to obtain our objective through threat we used force and violence in an ongoing attempt to implement our version of government on a formerly sovereign nation.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast