Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Who are the brain police?

Inmate kills officer during escape attempt

Where did this dirtbag think he was going? Did he think he'd avoid being recognized & arrested?

[SIZE="4"]Police: Inmate grabs guard's gun, kills him[/SIZE]
    SALT LAKE CITY, Utah (AP) -- An inmate stole the gun from a corrections officer and shot him to death Monday when the prisoner was unshackled for a doctor's appointment, authorities said.

Curtis Allgier fled the University of Utah medical center on foot, carjacked a Ford Explorer and was captured miles away at an Arby's restaurant after a high-speed chase.

Allgier, whose face and neck are covered with tattoos including a swastika and the words "skin head" on his forehead, was in an examination room at the campus orthopedic center around 7:45 a.m., university Police Chief Scott Folsom said.

"There was some sort of altercation. The inmate got hold of the weapon and shot the officer," he said.

Stephen Anderson, 60, a 22-year-veteran, was shot in the head, authorities said.

Police stopped Allgier's vehicle by placing spikes in the road near the Arby's.

Inside the restaurant, at least one person was "struck with some object" but was able to walk out, bloodied around the head, Salt Lake City police Sgt. Rich Brede said.

Allgier, 27, was not armed when he was captured inside the manager's office, Brede said.

The Utah Department of Corrections routinely transports prisoners to the university for medical appointments. Allgier had lower back pain and was taken to the orthopedic center for an MRI. He was unshackled for the procedure, said Tresha Kramer, spokeswoman for the orthopedic center.

The procedure requires an officer to replace metal restraints with a plastic "flex cuff," Patterson said.

"We do not know exactly what happened" in the room, Tom Patterson, director of the Utah Department of Corrections, said.

Allgier was in prison on a parole violation. His criminal record includes burglary, forgery and at least one weapons crime, according to records.

Police arrived at the Arby's just as Shirley Smiley, 57, was outside after breakfast with her husband and son. She didn't see Allgier but heard a "popping noise" inside that was a gunshot.

Police yelled "get down!" and the three of them dropped to the ground in the parking lot, Smiley said.
    Last edited by Locoman; 06-25-2007 at 12:17 PM. Reason: typo
    The Who - Glittering Girl
    Ween - The Grobe
    Yellowman - Strong Me Strong
    all your base are belong to us

banned
    associate of C88???

that happened just a mile away from me ... well, part of it anyway

banned
    Sort of surreal but was flipping through TV channels and just saw that guy on the TV Saturday, some Discovery show on Utah prisons didn't watch the show but paused when I saw the face tattoos, thinking he is sort of inconspicuous.

What do you think he'll, needle or firing squad?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Satan on a stick
    Sort of surreal but was flipping through TV channels and just saw that guy on the TV Saturday, some Discovery show on Utah prisons didn't watch the show but paused when I saw the face tattoos, thinking he is sort of inconspicuous.

Firing Squad.

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Drugs Before Baggies
    Firing Squad.
    did Utah do away with the firing squad?

I can't remember.

Mormons believe in blood atonement, and the Mormon rules for that are that the blood must fall to the earth ... that's why we kept the firing squad .. but I am not sure if we kept the firing squad death in the last ten years??

EDIT:
    Nope, it's gone
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Execution_by_firing_squad

Mormons were sick of being ridiculed, otherwise we would still have it.

banned
    Damn next they get rid of the pillory.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Please, dont forsake the magic undergarments.

Art is Resistance
    Quote Originally Posted by Locoman
    Where did this dirtbag think he was going? Did he think he'd avoid being recognized & arrested?

That guy isn't too bright. Doing that to your face kind of takes hiding out of the equation.

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Satan on a stick

Which does he deserve?

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 71Fish
    Which does he deserve?
    hmmmm .....

Art is Resistance
    Quote Originally Posted by 71Fish
    Which does he deserve?

what will killing him prove, or achieve?

mtbr member

What will.....

Quote Originally Posted by djcrb9
    what will killing him prove, or achieve?
    keeping him alive prove, or achieve?

Rehabilitation and have his face tattoos removed via laser??

Write some children’s books??

just askin..

Art is Resistance
    Quote Originally Posted by DeeZee
    keeping him alive prove, or achieve?

Rehabilitation and have his face tattoos removed via laser??

Write some children’s books??

just askin..

"You killed someone. that is wrong. To prove that it is wrong, we are going to kill you."

Just never makes much sense to me.

I'm not saying everyone can be rehabilitated. I just don't see the purpose in killing someone to prove killing is wrong.

EDIT: Nice satanic number for me on my post count!

mtbr member

Since when……..

"You killed someone. that is wrong. To prove that it is wrong, we are going to kill you."

I'm not saying everyone can be rehabilitated. I just don't see the purpose in killing someone to prove killing is wrong.

EDIT: Nice satanic number for me on my post count!

Do you believe in the Devil.

I do not always agree with the death penalty. However what purpose does it serve to put this guy in jail until the end of time? What are we going to teach this guy by keeping him alive?. That he will repent and go to heaven. Or keep him alive to show the rest of us that killing is wrong?

What if this guy shanks someone in prison? How many people does he have to kill before enough is enough and he is put down.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    That guy isn't too bright. Doing that to your face kind of takes hiding out of the equation.
    About those facial tattoos: although misguided and completely insane, you really have to admire his commitment to the cause. Even if he changed his mind about his beliefs how could he ever convince anyone he was sincere? Ironically, with all those tats, I thought he was a black man at first.

meh... whatever

its not disingenuous as a society to put people to death for the crime of murder. there is a world of difference in killing (murder) and killing (punishment).

when a person chooses to commit a crime and violate anothers rights, they then forfeit their rights. exactly what right is taken away from them is dictated by the seriousness of their crime. sometimes just the right of freedom is forfeited, sometimes the right to life is.
    "The meaning of life is to find your gift. The purpose of life is to give it away."

Art is Resistance
    Quote Originally Posted by monogod
    its not disingenuous as a society to put people to death for the crime of murder. there is a world of difference in killing (murder) and killing (punishment).

when a person chooses to commit a crime and violate anothers rights, they then forfeit their rights. exactly what right is taken away from them is dictated by the seriousness of their crime. sometimes just the right of freedom is forfeited, sometimes the right to life is.

There is little that amuses me more than a christian justifying the killing of a human being.

Art is Resistance
    Quote Originally Posted by DeeZee
    Do you believe in the Devil.

I do not always agree with the death penalty. However what purpose does it serve to put this guy in jail until the end of time? What are we going to teach this guy by keeping him alive?. That he will repent and go to heaven. Or keep him alive to show the rest of us that killing is wrong?

What if this guy shanks someone in prison? How many people does he have to kill before enough is enough and he is put down.

Well, ya caught me there... i just think 666 is a cool number, it really seems to freak people out. Even though apparently the bible was translated incorrectly, and the "real" number of the beast turns out to be 616.

It doesn't really serve any purpose to keep him alive, to answer your question.
    I just don't feel it's our place to decide he needs to be put down, and to then put him down.

meh... whatever
    There is little that amuses me more than a christian justifying the killing of a human being.
    then perhaps you need to read the bible more.

God endorses capital punishment.
    "The meaning of life is to find your gift. The purpose of life is to give it away."

Art is Resistance
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredsv
    About those facial tattoos: although misguided and completely insane, you really have to admire his commitment to the cause. Even if he changed his mind about his beliefs how could he ever convince anyone he was sincere? Ironically, with all those tats, I thought he was a black man at first.

No doubt about the commitment. I have a good friend with VEGAN tattooed down his leg. The first question i asked him when i met him was, "Are you still a vegan?"
    He wasn't. Dumb tattoo.

Art is Resistance

Good of you to pick and choose. So much for turn the other cheeck, eh? Glad your morals work at your convenience.

gentle like

I can only guess you missed a couple pages towards the back of the Bible.

... what do they call it again? Oh right! The New Testament!

velocipede technician
    Quote Originally Posted by kept man
    I can only guess you missed a couple pages towards the back of the Bible.

... what do they call it again? Oh right! The New Testament!
    i said it before i'll say at again, i know VERY little about the bible and (capital G) god.

i remember the whole "eye for an eye" part, but didnt "vengence is mine" get thrown in there somewhere?

whats the deal with the new testament?
    looking for 20-21" P team

banned

PluraldoG ... pounding on the punishment themes again ... PluraldoG sees the whole world in terms of punishment ...

see a SHRINK phocker!

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Wasatch Walt
    PluraldoG ... pounding on the punishment themes again ... PluraldoG sees the whole world in terms of punishment ...

see a SHRINK phocker!
    Is maximum security prison rehab or punishment? How do YOU rehad someone in that environment?

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast