Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    mtbr member

I guess he really is the 'Terminator'!

I'm just surprised he didn't go down there and push the button himself!

banned

It is God's Will - Stanley Tookie Williams

Crips Gang Co-Founder Executed in Calif.

In the days leading up to the execution, state and federal courts refused to reopen his case. Monday, Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger denied Williams' request for clemency, suggesting that his supposed change of heart was not genuine because he had not shown any real remorse for the killings committed by the Crips.

"Is Williams' redemption complete and sincere, or is it just a hollow promise?" Schwarzenegger wrote. "Without an apology and atonement for these senseless and brutal killings, there can be no redemption."

Williams was condemned in 1981 for gunning down convenience store clerk Albert Owens, 26, at a 7-Eleven in Whittier and killing Yen-I Yang, 76, Tsai-Shai Chen Yang, 63, and the couple's daughter Yu-Chin Yang Lin, 43, at the Los Angeles motel they owned. Williams claimed he was innocent.

Witnesses at the trial said he boasted about the killings, stating "You should have heard the way he sounded when I shot him." Williams then made a growling noise and laughed for five to six minutes, according to the transcript that the governor referenced in his denial of clemency.

mtbr member
    I'm neutral on capital punishment too. I think that in some cases it can be justified. I just thought that is was ironic that a man who played a Terminator in the movies got to live it out in real life.

Você sabe o amor verdadei
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan Go King
    "Without an apology and atonement for these senseless and brutal killings, there can be no redemption."

This is why no one with any real decision making authority seriously considered anything other than death for tookie. Tookie and his team of loonies never truly grasped this fact and believed that the cat and the hat alone could save him.
    Something really clever, interesting or that some other genius said..

memorable member
    Just heard on the news that according to Tookies guards he was a despicable person as an inmate. Several of the guards lives and those of their families have been threatened by members of the crips on tookies behalf.

I wonder if the celebs that have been so easily mislead by an ignorant gangbanger will admit their stupidity?

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    Wonder if the crips are gonna terminate the governator in retaliation.
    "What would happen to the Weather Channel's ratings if people werent scared anymore?"

mtbr member
    Asta la vista baby!!

(sorry I couldn't resist! )
    We should have a strong president, strong enough to resist the temptation of taking power that a pres shouldnt have-Ron Paul

T 3
    X - Pensive Wino
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan Go King
    Crips Gang Co-Founder Executed in Calif.

It is God's Will

The irony of it all...You and Stanley Williams

One a broken down former,Prison Guard and one a Prisoner

It costs the US Goverment almost as much to keep you around as it did Tookie.....

Not necessarily a good trade IMHO...
    "There's a fine line between clever and stupid."
    -David St. Hubbins, Spinal Tap

banned
    Apr 2004

More like the Eraser

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Phisher

over 300 million citizens, no need to keep a murdering psychopath around unless you are a liberal and never had a family member be a victim of a violent crime or lived in fear of gang/organized criminals.

Who are the brain police?
    Could you post the transcript of God's will? I'd think this could be an interesting read.
    The Who - Glittering Girl
    Ween - The Grobe
    Yellowman - Strong Me Strong
    all your base are belong to us

ride hard or die
    Mar 2004

what if it was your daughter,

Give me a God@#$ break! I am sick of people such as your self who turn the stories around and turn the culprit into the victim! What if you had a daughter, mother, wife or other family member, (yes this guy did kill women) get murdered execution stlye. Than have the same guy brag about it in court! and later deny it when he was asking for clemency.
    Death penalty should not be used in all cases. But in this case most certainly so. He founded a savage gang that has killed more people than in Iraq. Give me a break and start using your head and heart, not your p.c. view on this "peace maker"

GOAT
    Last edited by goat; 12-13-2005 at 10:20 AM. Reason: spelling

T 3
    X - Pensive Wino
    Quote Originally Posted by BikeQuest
    This is why no one with any real decision making authority seriously considered anything other than death for tookie. Tookie and his team of loonies never truly grasped this fact and believed that the cat and the hat alone could save him.

I know from talking to many others who have shared that chamber with me before that when months or even years have gone by, there will be no real closure or peace after what we saw Tuesday morning. Williams will not be alive for the supporters who wanted to save him, and the people he was convicted of killing will still leave huge empty spaces in the hearts of their loved ones.

- Kevin Fagan,SF.Chronicle

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by goat
    Give me a God@#$ break! I am sick of people such as your self who turn the stories around and turn the culprit into the victim! What if you had a daughter, mother, wife or other family member, (yes this guy did kill women) get murdered execution stlye. Than have the same guy brag about it in court! and later deny it when he was asking for clemency.
    Death penalty should not be used in all cases. But in this case most certainly so. He founded a savage gang that has killed more people than in Iraq. Give me a break and start using your head and heart, not your p.c. view on this "peace maker"

GOAT
    Did you read my second post? I didn't say that I was against capital punishment! Don't lump all Liberals into the same Stereotype! Did I say that the guy was innocent?

ride hard or die
    Mar 2004

no I did not and no I was not

Did you read my second post? I didn't say that I was against capital punishment! Don't lump all Liberals into the same Stereotype! Did I say that the guy was innocent?
    Sorry, I did not read your second post. I just had the initial impression that you were poking fun at the Govenor, when it was uneccacary. And I was not trying to "lump" all liberals in one category. I agreee alot with liberal thought, just not on everything.

GOAT

banned
    Mr.Williams committed suicide the day he consciously made the decision to take another's life not once but four times.

at the times of his crimes the state of California had a death penalty therefore "Tookie" knew exactly what the consequences of his actions would eventually result in.

the state of California didnt kill anybody "Tookie" killed himself.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    TGK -- Was 9/11 God's will? Just wondering.

here today
    Sorry, I did not read your second post. I just had the initial impression that you were poking fun at the Govenor, when it was uneccacary. And I was not trying to "lump" all liberals in one category. I agreee alot with liberal thought, just not on everything.

GOAT
    I take no joy in the a society that gleefully takes the life of a man, be he saint or sinner. I have not heard a single convincing argument for the death penality. As to this individual, per se, his life or death are of little importance in the large scheme of things, but as long as we continue to murder as a state we remain barbarians.

Natural body armor

I tend to agree....

Quote Originally Posted by zenmonkey
    I take no joy in the a society that gleefully takes the life of a man, be he saint or sinner. I have not heard a single convincing argument for the death penality. As to this individual, per se, his life or death are of little importance in the large scheme of things, but as long as we continue to murder as a state we remain barbarians.
    Put him away for life and throw away the key. I fail to see how killing him would make any difference to the victims. As per the cost of doing so (yes, it's taxpayer money) it's the same same as keeping streets clean (literally).

Sure if I was a victim's relative I'd like to kill him myself, no doubt, but that's why there is the state.
    Most civilized countries have erased death penalty. It's about time America joins the program...
    "There is no A-line"
    Quadzilla - On-One USA

here today
    Quote Originally Posted by Zen_Turtle
    Put him away for life and throw away the key. I fail to see how killing him would make any difference to the victims. As per the cost of doing so (yes, it's taxpayer money) it's the same same as keeping streets clean (literally).

Sure if I was a victim's relative I'd like to kill him myself, no doubt, but that's why there is the state.
    Most civilized countries have erased death penalty. It's about time America joins the program...
    Strange- Now do I have myself a shadow avatar?

Natural body armor

Ehi! I'm a turtle, NOT a monkey...

Quote Originally Posted by zenmonkey
    Strange- Now do I have myself a shadow avatar?

ZenTurtle
    "There is no A-line"
    Quadzilla - On-One USA

banned
    Than have the same guy brag about it in court! and later deny it when he was asking for clemency. GOAT
    he never bragged about it and always denied that he committed the crime.

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Zonk0u
    Wonder if the crips are gonna terminate the governator in retaliation.

The crips confine most of their violence to their own communities. Why everyone else has fear of them is beyond me.

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    I love the hypocrites on this board....

Save that fetus!
    Burn that convict!
    "What would happen to the Weather Channel's ratings if people werent scared anymore?"

Elitest thrill junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by Satan on a stick
    The crips confine most of their violence to their own communities. Why everyone else has fear of them is beyond me.
    So it's ok for someone that lives in that community to be victimized or killed?
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

T 3
    X - Pensive Wino
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayem
    So it's ok for someone that lives in that community to be victimized or killed?

No,but apparently it also wasn't ok for people from "that community" to be on the jury that convicted him.
    Last edited by T 3; 12-13-2005 at 07:57 PM.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast